Depending on Pharmaceuticals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don't mind taking meds to help the body cure an acute condition. However if something is chronic should you take meds for it indefinitely?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't mind taking meds to help the body cure an acute condition. However if something is chronic should you take meds for it indefinitely?

Well I am stuck on meds.
I 100% believe in healing through Jesus Christ. I fought going on meds ( high blood pressure and heart)
So I didn't take them..I ended up in the ER, twice. The family insisted that I went on the meds that the doctor told me I needed.
One daughter even told me.."It is me that will have to look after you if you have a stroke and end up wearing diapers, in a wheel chair , drooling. ( pretty picture! :D)

I prayed about it a lot. And for the first year I felt guilty ever time I took a pill.
I always ( 10 years later) pray over my meds, and thank God for them.
At least then I feel they are " covered by God." :)

I would not be here without them...that's the way the family wants it.
I Do have a "Do Not Resuscitate" that I carry with me. The family say that they will make sure it is followed.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I believe so.
If you need meds for a short period, they should be taken.
And if you need them for a long period, they should also be taken.

God gives us everything good. All good comes from Him.
God is not going to do a miracle every time we'd want Him to. He put everything on the earth for us to use, that is to heal us.

I know persons which chronic pain. They could not face life withought pain medication.

Instead of trying to be brave and be sick, I believe we should take the meds we need.
God won't mind and it'll make the enemy angry!

Reactions: pastor marty

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Instead of trying to be brave and be sick, I believe we should take the meds we need.
God won't mind and it'll make the enemy angry!
Yes...
awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Totally agree...we are not much good if we are 'brave and sick' but no good to anyone...but if we take our meds, we can praise God and be a blessing to others.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes...
awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Totally agree...we are not much good if we are 'brave and sick' but no good to anyone...but if we take our meds, we can praise God and be a blessing to others.
Right!
When MOM is sick, everybody suffers!
Taking care of ourselves is not selfish at all...

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would rather die, because there is nothing in this world worth going through that kind of hassle, not even for family, but that's just me.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would rather die, because there is nothing in this world worth going through that kind of hassle, not even for family, but that's just me.

Well I hope that you mean that..the Devil may well test you on it!! I sure hope not!!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was created to love God and Neighbor - it is my job to make sure I can get up in the morning to fulfill my calling, no matter how imperfectly. If medication helps me, I am going to take it without concern.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What hassle? You talk as if it's a long drawn out process to take a pill. From start to finish, it takes me maybe 5 seconds to take my meds. In a weeks time that's a little over 30 seconds.

If I ever get to the point where I can't spare 30 seconds out of 7 days, there's something wrong with me.

But that's just me...

o

Reactions: aspen and GodsGrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What hassle? You talk as if it's a long drawn out process to take a pill. From start to finish, it takes me maybe 5 seconds to take my meds. In a weeks time that's a little over 30 seconds.

If I ever get to the point where I can't spare 30 seconds out of 7 days, there's something wrong with me.

But that's just me...

o

That one made me laugh...thank you! :D

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday's medicine.

1 Timothy 5
23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

o

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I hope that you mean that..the Devil may well test you on it!! I sure hope not!!

Buddy, I'm being tested plenty with what I'm going through now.....so ummmm......yep, no medical issues necessary.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of our married life, my wife has had serious health issues. This has been her burden and my own. It has also been the burden of those we have fellowshipped with and in the Lord including those with whom have attended services. On the one hand someone is preaching or testifying about the power of God and on the other hand putting down someone for being of little faith. Many good men of God have prayed for her healing. Sometimes she has been healed. Sometimes she has not and too many were too quick to put the blame of her.

My wife was walking faithfully to help others before she really knew a lot about God, before she knew me, but even then He was in her heart. No friend or neighbor ever suffered if there was something she was able to do. Her father died when she was 8 years old and her mother was an alcoholic and a terrible mother. My wife at the young age caught a church bus alone to attend Sunday School. Her brothers [she had 4] call her a "holy roller", for she was the only one in her family who made an effort.

I thought I was not such a bad a good fellow until not long after our marriage [before we began attending church and before we received the Holy Ghost] she began to cut into my stuff to help others. I learned much from her before we met the Master and since. God does work in mysterious ways.

God has shown me how He has been in this help meet of mine and how He is in her now even when others have been too blind to see or did not know when it was best to keep their mouths shut. There is a time to heal as there is a time to be silent. God knows.

How much pain is too much pain? When is it wrong to take something that is known to provide relief? When is it wrong to give God the glory for the helps that He has given to us through the medicines developed by men using the gifts God has given to them?

I am and have been a praying person. I have seen the miracles of God in my wife and in me and in our children and in others. When someone else doesn't see what we see, should we cast away anything they have doubts about in order to please them? Should we agree that we are always wrong and they are always right? The only One who is always right is God.

Each person must follow what God puts in his/her heart. Our hearts should be changing as we are eating His Flesh and drinking His Blood. And so be it, but each person should be careful about how he look at others and how he speaks to them and about them.

God does work through ministers to bring us to perfection [Eph 4:11-15], but too many people, I believe, take upon themselves a calling which is not theirs, or if it is, they move out ahead of the Lord instead of following His lead.

Give God always the glory! Who else deserves it? Not me!

Last edited: