Did You Know?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FrauWarrior

Mar 26, 2007
DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S. Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view....It is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments! DID YOU KNOW? As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door. DID YOU KNOW? As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments! DID YOU KNOW? There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C. DID YOU KNOW? James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement: "We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." DID YOU KNOW? Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said: "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ". DID YOU KNOW? Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777. DID YOU KNOW? Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies. DID YOU KNOW? Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law . An oligarchy the rule of few over many. DID YOU KNOW? The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said: "Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers." How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional? Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this great country was built on. Chamber, US House of Representatives It is said that 86% of ! Americans believe in God. Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a mess about having the Ten Commandments on display or "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!! If you agree, pass this on.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
The founders of America wanted the Seperation of Chruch and State and made wrote i tonto the First Amendmentwith darn good reason.The Bible also supports the Sepration of Church and state:21They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.Mathew 22Anyone who has studied history knows how dangerous it is for the two to become one. "Naturally, common people don't want war, but it is the leaders of a country who determine policy. It is simple to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist or communist dictatorship, or a parliament. The people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifist for their lack of patriotism and exposing this country to danger. It works the same in every country." Herman GoringFun fact: God was never in the original pledge of allegiance.The Ten Commandments, the Tenet of the Lawe of Moses were fulfilled when Jesus was Resurrected. We are under Grace, not Moses's Law's. Throw prayer out of school. Jesus wants us to pray behind closed doors, not proudly in public.Take "In God We Trust" off our dollars, it's merely money! If Church and State ever become one, that is the day I will crawl into my bunker to escape radiation fall-out.

FrauWarrior

Mar 26, 2007
I'm not saying that Christianity should be forced on anyone but I do believe that America is a Christian country and like other countries, we should display that on things like our dollar bills and such. I'm not saying we should be crazed with it like in the Middle East where you can't even take a Bible to their countries. I'm just saying, we have been putting up with so much from all these other false religions and selling out to God because they try to make this "The Land of the Free" and blah blah blah but this land isnt even free anymore. Our free speech is being taken away along with everything else. This country seriously needs to find God.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
I agree America was founded on the treachings of Christ, and His commandments:
29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12
These cover 9 of Moses's commandments. Our goverments principles ar ebased on Christian origins and in that sense we are a Christian nation,But technically, America is not a Christian nation. Not once is the name "God", "Jesus" or "Christ" appear in the Constitution. It is clear that if America was intended to be a Christian nation then it would be in the Constitution. It is not, and America has no established religion. Because of that fact, unbelievers have ever right to excercise their right to free speech as promised in the First Amendment, and they need not be bound by prejudice.

FrauWarrior

Mar 26, 2007
I personally don't care what the Constitution says about that. Any enemy of God is an enemy of mine and will be destroyed in the end. It sickens me to stand by and watch this country fall apart because of those people.

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
I'm not sure that kind of attitude is capable of bringing 'enemies' to our side...:angel1:

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
On a lighter note, thanks for the interesting facts, that is pretty cool. I really don't have much of a political opinion though so I won't pretend to hop in on that arguement. Go get 'em shingy!

livingforchrist

Apr 4, 2007
I agree with shingy. There is a mix of Christian and non-Christian aspects, but it's growing more non-Christian as time progresses. I am glad how the Supreme Court upheld the ban on partial-birth abortion. Even if any of our official documents don't mention God or Christ, the Ten Commandments and Moses and Bible verses on buildings represent our country, even if 14% don't.