Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My preference is a fly swatter over bug spray. From that, you can conclude I am anti-bug spray. But I'm not. Exterminators need bug spray for infestations..

Wait a minute, does the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill" only apply to humans?
Don't bug and rodent lives matter?
Here's Henry the mouse taking a peanut from my keyboard, I hope he doesn't get upset if he sees your post-

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait a minute, does the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill" only apply to humans?
Don't bug and rodent lives matter?
Here's Henry the mouse taking a peanut from my keyboard, I hope he doesn't get upset if he sees your post-

We had two rats that would scurry around on my walks and I think they had babies. The other day I found them as they had been run over by cars. And it's not just the rats. It's the squirrels that bother me also. There has to be a better way than cars that run over all the fun animals in the neighborhood.

And hey this is the thread that is like the energizer bunny:
uurxE8jTICTYwmimMIaQF2JYXTrLqofoyVCDNVo87sc.jpg

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics say most suicide is the result of mental illness; people don't go to hell because they are sick. Suicide violates the commandment "You shall not kill" which includes oneself. There is no way around it. Killing is a mortal sin. Regarding the fate of a suicidal soul, we rely on the mercy of God the same as you do. How do you reconcile mercy with God's Justice? We don't have that problem.
I agree that "thou shalt not kill" applies to suicide, but it also means we are not to kill anyone slowly by things such as booze, drugs, and tobacco.

Reactions: Brakelite

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that "thou shalt not kill" applies to suicide, but it also means we are not to kill anyone slowly by things such as booze, drugs, and tobacco.
Yes that probably applies to things like that. I chew tobacco and the one thing I realized is that the doctors don't actually know that I will die from tobacco. There's just a higher likelyhood that I might. (Knock on wood :D).

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OP-Difference between Catholic and Protestant
-------------------------------------------------------

Catholics like to be bossed about by that Pope bloke in Rome..:)

Reactions: dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even convents have been discovered to have remains of children and even babies (likely from nuns impregnated by the clergy) and -- dare I say it -- deliberately birthed babies for use in ritualistic satanic sacrifice by papal agents who serve the Sun god, Satan. Only in the kingdom will the true number of atrocities come to light.

It’s not news, Good intent, can quickly turn into horror stories.
* Young females whisked away, out of societies influences, to assure guidance in Gods Way...sounds Nobel.
* For the entirety of their lives? Sounds in Direct opposition of Gods command of females becoming one with a man and in partnership multiplying offspring under the guidance of God.

* Orphanages for cast away or parentless children...sounds Nobel.
* For YEARS and YEARS of influence ONLY OF women who HAVE NO experience in a marriage, a household of mother and father, delivering and raising children according to Gods WAY?

* The PRETENSE, for all to see, the Garb, trinkets, gestures, robotic sanctuary behavior....and the behind closed doors drunkenness, sex, and the inescapable beatings, caging, confining, drugging, experiments, spirit and humanity breaking.
* Yet Again, their Advocate is their Abuser, and their Abuser their Advocate....theocracy.

The SOUNDS Nobel, and IS Nobel ARE two very different things.
The SOUNDS are the advertisement. The agreement to the SOUNDS ends in a lovely little OFFICE signing papers of Agreements.
The WHAT IS, is a QUICK peek of a MOCK set up. The ACTUAL IS behind Lock and key. The Evidence IS unmarked Graves, and the Testimony of a few who survived the Ordeal, and whose Testimony IS challenged; No, Really? In my neighborhood, under my nose....how could that be kept secret.

Again...sounds Nobel and is Nobel, are two very different things.
And BTW, the theocracy catholics do not get ALL the credit, republic governments are one thing, the servants thereof, often operate under the same guise as a theocracy....thus the calling of a Republic, a Democracy....(two different things)....BECAUSE of a majority who sits in the representative seats are Corrupt....
Having a Public Face and Backroom underhanded Deals.

Anomaly.

Reactions: Phoneman777

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP-Difference between Catholic and Protestant
-------------------------------------------------------

Catholics like to be bossed about by that Pope bloke in Rome..:)
LOL, what's a bloke?

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing amusing or comedic about the Catholic notion that a relationship with Christ means to eat a biscuit once a week. That is not relationship. That is deception and a counterfeit:....
Hello Brakelite,

He told you to eat the "biscuit" Brakelite (1 Corinthians 11:24-25, Luke 22:19). You, in an effort to be derogatory and belittling toward us Christians, call it a biscuit. Paul disagrees with you (1 Corinthians 10:16). But that's ok Braklite. Us Christians have been persecuted by people like you since the beginning of Christianity for believing and obeying Him. You have been deceived by your Protestant men who were students of Protestant men. You listen to and obey those men to rely on your interpretation of Scripture. I will put my men up against your men anyday:

Ignatius (a student of the Apostle John, 110AD): They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again.”

Notice how Christians still to this day believe what Jesus said (it is His body/blood) and what Paul said (it is a participation in His body/blood) and what Ignatius said? You and your ilk deny them.

You can join us Braklite. Or you can continue to mock us to your own detriment. Your friends who like your derogatory comment ( @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d @Phoneman777 )are welcome to join us also.

Reactions: Philip James

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if you are, and Roman Catholicism is pagan, having incorporated pagan practice and belief, as well as Jewish tradition into what was once a Christian church.
Mr. Pardo,

Thank you for your honest answer. However, you only answered one of my questions. Here is the other question you didn't answer: Does that mean that those that followed Christ for the first 30 years after his death were not Christians?

And FYI....your derogatory "pagan" comment toward the majority of us Christians doesn't hold water. You should look up the meaning of pagan before you try to use it as an attack. But I get the gist of your attack.....

Reactions: Philip James

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Brakelite,

He told you to eat the "biscuit" Brakelite (1 Corinthians 11:24-25, Luke 22:19). You, in an effort to be derogatory and belittling toward us Christians, call it a biscuit. Paul disagrees with you (1 Corinthians 10:16). But that's ok Braklite. Us Christians have been persecuted by people like you since the beginning of Christianity for believing and obeying Him. You have been deceived by your Protestant men who were students of Protestant men. You listen to and obey those men to rely on your interpretation of Scripture. I will put my men up against your men anyday:

Ignatius (a student of the Apostle John, 110AD): They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again.”

Notice how Christians still to this day believe what Jesus said (it is His body/blood) and what Paul said (it is a participation in His body/blood) and what Ignatius said? You and your ilk deny them.

You can join us Braklite. Or you can continue to mock us to your own detriment. Your friends who like your derogatory comment ( @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d @Phoneman777 )are welcome to join us also.

Lol.........
Join you ?
Who are you ?
Are you Catholic?

I follow God, not man.
I'm neither protestant, Catholic nor reformed. I am seeking God and searching out his will as described by his word that my journey may please him.

It is not mockery to speak the TRUTH,and many denominations have a form of godliness but DENY THE TRUTH.

Following man will get a ONE way ticket to the lake of fire ,do not stop at purgatory, but straight into an eternity of torment for unbelief.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* Young females whisked away, out of societies influences, to assure guidance in Gods Way...sounds Nobel.
* For the entirety of their lives? Sounds in Direct opposition of Gods command of females becoming one with a man and in partnership multiplying offspring under the guidance of God.

* For YEARS and YEARS of influence ONLY OF women who HAVE NO experience in a marriage, a household of mother and father, delivering and raising children according to Gods WAY?

* The PRETENSE, for all to see, the Garb, trinkets, gestures, robotic sanctuary behavior....and the behind closed doors drunkenness, sex, and the inescapable beatings, caging, confining, drugging, experiments, spirit and humanity breaking.
* Yet Again, their Advocate is their Abuser, and their Abuser their Advocate....theocracy.

The SOUNDS are the advertisement. The agreement to the SOUNDS ends in a lovely little OFFICE signing papers of Agreements.
The WHAT IS, is a QUICK peek of a MOCK set up. The ACTUAL IS behind Lock and key. The Evidence IS unmarked Graves, and the Testimony of a few who survived the Ordeal, and whose Testimony IS challenged; No, Really? In my neighborhood, under my nose....how could that be kept secret.

And BTW, the theocracy catholics do not get ALL the credit, republic governments are one thing, the servants thereof, often operate under the same guise as a theocracy....thus the calling of a Republic, a Democracy....(two different things)....BECAUSE of a majority who sits in the representative seats are Corrupt....

Anomaly.
Their status as "anti-abortion, child advocate champions of the world" only serves as a front for their organized global child predator network.

The despicable Cardinal Bernard Law was not only whisked away to Rome by the papacy before the U.S. could arrest and charge him with felony aiding/abetting, obstruction, RICO violations - but the papacy rewarded him with an appointment to Archpriest of the prestigious Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore by Satan's 1st Lieutenant pope John Paul II, the largest basilica of all the "Marian" churches.

DB's attempt to extrapolate the level of sexual abuse among Protestantism with that of Catholicism by use of FBI/Insurance industry "data" which falsely attributes non-catholic, non-denomination front child sex abuse organizations which operate outside the sphere of genuine mainstream Protestantism as belonging to mainstream Protestantism is all he's got in his weak cache of weapons in his defense of his child rape/sex abuse clergy.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Brakelite,

He told you to eat the "biscuit" Brakelite (1 Corinthians 11:24-25, Luke 22:19).
Brakelite's condemnation to the Eucharist is anything but anti-Bible, friend. You know full well Protestantism embraces Biblical "Communion" which very much involves ceremonial consumption of unleavened bread and unfermented grape juice - both symbols of the purity of Christ's sacrifice.

We oppose the unBiblical claims of the Eucharist which puts forth corrupted wine and dead bread as "the literal body and blood of Christ" to be sacrificed and presented twice a day, over and over in the Eucharist, an occult method by which the Whore of Babylon triumphantly keeps Christ perpetually on the Cross as Satan's defeated foe.

No, Christ is very much alive, the Cross behind Him almost 2,000 years ago, and He "ever liveth to make intercession" for us. The only "presentation of Christ" the Bible knows about has nothing to do the "bloodless sacrifice of the catholic Mass" - but is Christ's "presentation of Himself" before the throne of the Father in the Most Holy Place of the Heavenly Sanctuary as He indeed "makes intercession" for us even at this very moment, according to the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even convents have been discovered to have remains of children and even babies (likely from nuns impregnated by the clergy) and -- dare I say it -- deliberately birthed babies for use in ritualistic satanic sacrifice by papal agents who serve the Sun god, Satan. Only in the kingdom will the true number of atrocities come to light.

Reported for offensive content

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr. Pardo,

Thank you for your honest answer. However, you only answered one of my questions. Here is the other question you didn't answer: Does that mean that those that followed Christ for the first 30 years after his death were not Christians?

And FYI....your derogatory "pagan" comment toward the majority of us Christians doesn't hold water. You should look up the meaning of pagan before you try to use it as an attack. But I get the gist of your attack.....
That would depend upon what defines a Christian. There are millions of people who identify as "Christian " but have never made the good confession, nor submitted to Christ as His bride. We clearly have a very different idea of what it is to be Christian.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reported for offensive content
I find it offensive that the church you defend condemns to hell all us here who refuse to submit unequivocally to the supposed ecclesiastical authority of your leader, the pope, which is an anti-Biblical doctrine from the pits of hell. Therefore, your mere presence and defense of such is an offense to every non-catholic who believes in Jesus as our sole Savior, Redeemer, and Intercessor.

In contrast, my denomination is perhaps alone in our belief that the majority of God's heaven-bound children are not members of my church but are living up to all the light God has shown them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr. Pardo,

Of course they were Christians...just as there are now millions of sincere catholic Christians today. Christ's church has never been limited to any denomination or even Christianity itself: it was, is, and always will be "God's commandment keeping people" who love God and their neighbor supremely and prove that love by that, the scope of which extends to even pagans who "have not the law but by nature do the law" as the Holy Spirit prompts them. Our job is to bring the Gospel to them, that these may not only turn from paganism but also gain a deeper understanding of God's love through the knowledge of John 3:16 KJV.

Therefore, I reject the notion that a catholic can't go to heaven - the Bible plainly says God alone judges the heart. However, when it comes to evaluating whether the catholic organization is Biblical, I think the testimony of the Scripture is plain: God's remnant church in our day will be found to "keep the commandments of God" (Revelation 12:17 KJV), which will be the same commandments as Jesus put forth in His day, and thus be an identical "remnant". Does catholicism claim to keep the same commandments or do they claim to have changed them? They not only claim to, but make it their boast.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find it offensive that the church you defend condemns to hell all us here who refuse to submit unequivocally to the supposed ecclesiastical authority of your leader, the pope

The Church condemns no one to hell.
You are misinformed.

I will contunue to keep you in ny prayers.

Welcome to the ignore list..

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Anomaly.
@Taken Indeed; just look at history....

Status
Not open for further replies.