• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Around 500 years ago we separated ourselves from the works of the Church!

We believe man is justified by faith, not through the many demands of the Church!
So in your view, the jews, who had almost 2000 years of jewish truth, were right and Jesus was wrong? (Using your example)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was speaking of the reformation! I guess you didn't catch that.

what reformation?
What was reformed?
Where does the Bible alone say to have a reformation? By what authority?
No so-called reformer was an apostle!
Christ alone builds his church in the apostles! Matt 16:18 eph 2:20

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what reformation?
What was reformed?
what reformation?
What was reformed?

Obviously the history of the RCC is all that you have been taught!

Our forefathers made a break from that, that's history too, in case you haven't heard!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously the history of the RCC is all that you have been taught!

Our forefathers made a break from that, that's history too, in case you haven't heard!
That’s called rebellion not reformation!
No authority to start new churches Matt 16:18 only Christ has this authority
He is the only mediator
Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?????????

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(so-called reformation)

He is the only mediator
Where is your outrage on this gross attempt to usurp His authority, the authority of him being the only mediator?????????

Where’s the biblical mandate for a reformation
Christ founded the one true church and it cannot be reformed

divine revelation is from God and is immutable cannot be reformed

it is the truth!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the only mediator

Give me liberty or give me death, I'll not be bound by a gospel of works taught by Catholicism.

That's why there was a Reformation. The Reformers were not right about everything for sure, but they got "the just shall live by faith" part right.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well David did not have to go through all those sacraments. In fact did he have a means of grace? It appears not from what you have been saying. Only your church was given them David had the law given by God himself. And it meant nothing. He could do all those works and nothing

What about baptism and the rest? How were David’s sins removed and who was authorized to forgive them since he had no priest ?

new covenant has a priesthood and sacraments ordained by christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me liberty or give me death, I'll not be bound by a gospel of works taught by Catholicism.

That's why there was a Reformation. The Reformers were not right about everything for sure, but they got "the just shall live by faith" part right.

faith yes
Faith alone no
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Works? Really? I thought only faith matters!!!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WORKS?

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

your in spiritual anarchy then!

what authority did the so-called reformers have?

They admit that they have no authority themselves for they say the Bible is the only authority!

they have no authority to say that the Bible is the only authority, but in saying it they admit freely that they have no authority, only the apostles have authority!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except she is talking about the Catholic Church;

And I believe that you are talking about the body of Christ: which consists of all those who believe in Christ unto salvation.

(so-called reformation)

He is the only mediator!

it is the truth!

They admit that they have no authority themselves for they say the Bible is the only authority!

they have no authority to say that the Bible is the only authority, but in saying it they admit freely that they have no authority, only the apostles have authority!

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, teaching contrary to 2000 years of the faith and practice of the Church in no way qualifies one to label anyone else a heretic.. (do you even know the meaning of the word?)

Peace!
So in your view, the jews, who had almost 2000 years of jewish truth, were right and Jesus was wrong? (Using your example)

Reactions: Charlie24

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[/QUOTE]

(so-called reformation)

He is the only mediator!

it is the truth!

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

To admit belief in the reformation is to admit that the Catholic Church is the one true church of Jesus Christ founded on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Brother, teaching contrary to 2000 years of the faith and practice of the Church

You falsely claim that your church is "the" church.
You speak of is as if it is the authority.
Well, to you, im sure it is.
To me, is nothing. Its just one more well dressed extremely rich man made demonic fake.
So
Your claim is false, so your response is the same.
Your "water cult" is not "the Church".
Your "water cult"... is a Mary Worshiping insult regarding the Truth.

Let me give you some advice, Philip.
Recognize that you are not on a "cult of the Virgin" forum.
Recognize this, immediately, and no longer talk to members here as if the "cult of the virgin" has anything to offer a real born again Christian.

Reactions: Charlie24