Do animals have souls?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's why John says there are souls alive in heaven after they have physically died on earth.
What John saw in his vision was symbolic, just like the prostitute sitting on a scarlot beast with seven heads and ten horns was symbolic - it was imaginary, not real; a symbol, not reality.

And only when we partake of the first resurrection through Christ are we given assurance that our dead body too shall be resurrected to immortal & incorruptible life with Christ forever on the new earth.
That's two resurrections!

Before physical death they had already lived and reigned with Christ during this time symbolized a thousand years.
That is incorrect. We don't reign with Christ during our human lives, before we die. Paul wrote, 1 Corinthians 4:6-8 (WEB):

(6) Now these things, brothers, I have in a figure transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that in us you might learn not to think beyond the things which are written, that none of you be puffed up against one another.​
(7) For who makes you different? And what do you have that you didn’t receive? But if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?​
(8) You are already filled. You have already become rich. You have come to reign without us. Yes, and I wish that you did reign, that we also might reign with you.​

2 Timothy 2:12 (WEB):
(12) If we endure, we will also reign with him. If we deny him, he also will deny us.​

It is only after our resurrection that we a made kings and priests in God's kingdom. It is a literal 1,000 years; it's not symbolic. Revelation 20:6 (WEB):

(6) Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him one thousand years.​

Notice in Rev 20:3 John writes the souls in heaven HAVE LIVED and REIGNED with Christ before they were martyred for their faith.
It's Revelation 20:4, and it does not say "have reigned", nor that they reigned before they died. It says:

WEB:
(4) ... They lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.​
ESV:
(4) ... They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.​
TLV:
(4) ... And they came to life and reigned with the Messiah for a thousand years.​
ISV:
(4) ... They came back to life and ruled with the Messiah for a thousand years.​
GNB:
(4) ... They came to life and ruled as kings with Christ for a thousand years.​

And as verse six says of those that have a part in the first resurrection, "they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will {future tense} reign with him one thousand years".

That makes no sense! John tells us they are disembodied souls, without heads there is not physical life. These martyred saints are now living souls in heaven, the spiritual body of believers spiritually alive in heaven who kept the faith unto death. None are bodily resurrected until an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds!
So how are these souls with no bodies sitting on thrones? That makes no sense!

A thousand years is symbolic time given the Church go out with the Gospel in the power of the Spirit so the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven will be complete. The purpose for Satan's binding is that he should deceive the nations no more.
That makes no sense! Why is a 1,000 years used symbolicaly to represent around 2,000 years? According to verse 2 Satan is bound during this symbolic (according to you) 1,000 years. However, Satan is not currently bound, and he is still deceiving the nations, and has been for the last 2,000 years.

The martyred saints we see in Rev 20 are not physically alive after death.
Yep, by definition the dead are dead! :clapping:

Their spirit returned to God (Ecc 12:7) alive
That's not what the Scriptures say. Ecclesiastes 12:7 says, "the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it". The dust is not alive, so why do you think that the spirit is alive?

through the Spirit of Christ within, and their body went into the graves and will not be physically resurrected to life again until an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds.
A Christian's human body will never be restored to life again. 1 Corinthians 15:35-44 (WEB):

(35) But someone will say, “How are the dead raised?” and, “With what kind of body do they come?”​
(36) You foolish one, that which you yourself sow is not made alive unless it dies.​
(37) That which you sow, you don’t sow the body that will be, but a bare grain, maybe of wheat, or of some other kind.​
(38) But God gives it a body even as it pleased him, and to each seed a body of its own.​
(39) All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.​
(40) There are also celestial bodies, and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial differs from that of the terrestrial.​
(41) There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.​
(42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown perishable; it is raised imperishable.​
(43) It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.​
(44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual body.​

A "natural" (human) body is completely different from a spiritual body. We will not be resurrected as a human being again; as John wrote, 1 John 3:2 (WEB):

(2) Beloved, now we are children of God, and it is not yet revealed what we will be. But we know that when he is revealed, we will be like him; for we will see him just as he is.​

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 15:44-50 (KJV) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

When our physical bodies are resurrected from the graves they will not be a spiritual body for life on the new earth. They will again be as man was in the beginning when God created them, with body of flesh and the breath of life (spirit) and then we shall again be a complete living soul, only then the body resurrected is changed from mortal to immortal and corruptible to incorruptible.
You have quoted 1 Corinthians 15:44 "it is raised a spiritual body", and then immediately write that our bodies will "not be a spiritual body". You're disagreeing with the Scripture that you've quoted and not making any sense! You then say that we will have a resurrected human body too - two resurrections and two bodies - you're definitely not making sense! 1 Corinthians 15:50 (WEB):

(50) Now I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood can’t inherit God’s Kingdom; neither does the perishable inherit imperishable.​

Flesh and blood is perishable and cannot inherit anything imperishable (nothing in the physical universe is imperishable). That is why non-Christians who will be resurrected as humans again, will not be immortal. They will, however, be granted eternal life (immortality and eternal life are two different things).

In 1Cor 15:44-50 Paul is not writing of the bodily resurrection that shall be. If he were he would not say they have died natural, physical flesh and bone, and raised a spiritual body without form. If this was the physical resurrection that shall be, Paul would have written sown a natural body and RESURRECTED a physical body.
The whole passage, from verse 35 onwards, is about the resurrection body! You've completely missed the point that for Christians there is not a physical resurrection - we will have a spiritual resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15 (WEB):
(44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual body.​
(46) However that which is spiritual isn’t first, but that which is natural, then that which is spiritual.​

We have a natural body now, but in the resurrection we will have a spiritual body. We will not have both!

According to 1Th 4:14 those who have died in faith, along with all the dead that are in the graves shall be resurrected
That is not what it says! 1 Thessalonians 4:14 (WEB):

(14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.​

Only "those who have fallen asleep in Jesus" will be accompanying Jesus at his second coming.

and those who died in Christ changed (1Cor 15:51- ) while the rest of the resurrected from the graves resurrected to damnation. Immediately following them, Paul writes in a moment and twinkling of an eye, those who are still alive at His coming again are caught up with the faithful from the graves. There is no separation of one thousand years between the resurrection from the graves and the living being caught up to meet the Lord in the air. They will be with the Lord as the fire of God's wrath comes down from heaven to utterly burn up the earth and anything left alive on it.
Boy, you are really mixing up and misunderstanding the Scriptures!

It is the physical bodies that are dead and in the graves. Why would God resurrect the body from the grave if our body then will be spirit?
Precsisely! You're confused because you are mixing verses about the first resurrection with verses about the second resurrection, and thinking they're referring to the same thing - they're not!

A spirit has no form nor substance, why would the physical body be resurrected and changed?
Don't tell that to somebody who believes in the Trinity - they think that God (who is a spirit, according to Jesus - John 4:24) has substance. The physical body is not resurrected as a physical body and then changed to be a spiritual body. As Paul likened it to a dead seed that is planted, which rises to life as something competely different from a seed, so our dead bodies are buried in the earth and God raises us to life with a completely different body. Just as Jesus became a life-giving spirit (1 Cor. 15:45), so we shall become a spirit being - we shall be like him (1 John 3:2).

This is why Paul writes that flesh & blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. For the body to be resurrected fit for the Kingdom of God that shall be on the new earth, it must be made immortal & incorruptible because nothing impure shall enter there. Because earth was created to be populated by flesh and blood, but without the stain of sin and death that defiled the first heaven and earth.
You don't have to be immortal to be pure and clean. To reign with Jesus, ruling and judging the angels as well as humans, we have to become spirit beings like Jesus now is. 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 (WEB):

(2) Don’t you know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?​
(3) Don’t you know that we will judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?​

As I communicate with you here, it seems you lack understanding often because you do not carefully read what is written. I encourage you to contemplate some of the problems I've shown with the way you study Scripture. I hope you will consider re-visiting some of the things you think the Bible teaches with why I believe you have not properly understood.
Ditto. :)

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YES. there wil!
Well that's totally convinced me (not)!

BTW, the forum rules state that "Christianity Board is a place for thoughtful discussion", and that we should not post spam, and it says, the following is an example of spam:

meaningless short replies outside of the Games Forum. Examples would be posts that simply say “Yes.” Or “I agree” and do not contribute to the actual discussion in meaningful form. It is absolutely fine to acknowledge your agreement, but please refrain from posting single-word replies. If multiple members do this, it begins to take up space and increases clutter.​

So perhaps you should expand on why you think there will be animals in heaven.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Douay-Rheims Bible, Gen 9:

The word for "soul" is H5315, נָ֫פֶשׁ, nephesh. It appears 754 times. NASB translated it as soul (238), life (146), person (68).

Brown-Driver-Briggs:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English, Prov 12:

Do animals possess nephesh-souls?

Yes.

See also Do pets go to heaven?.
Animals are souls, but do not possess an immortal soul as man dsoes.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's totally convinced me (not)!
So perhaps you should expand on why you think there will be animals in heaven.
Well, at my count there are 3 words in my reply. Not just one.

If you feel I am spamming... report me.

Many reasons I believe there will be animals in heaven you will consider fluff ideas, but be sure to read to the end. BUT YOU CANT BECAUSE I HAVE TO START CUTTING THINGS CAUSE I HAVE EXCEEDED 10,000 WORDS.

#1. It is my firm belief that when I make it out of this world if I want a favorite pet to be with me, it will happen.

#2. I call this the reality of fantasy. Say what?????? The book of Revelation.
But I am not referencing the odd ones John described.... but it is certain that there were 4 horses... or there would not be The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse ,

#3. I am fairly certain you have not heard of Colton Burpo? I cannot condense him into less
then 10,000 characters so I wont try. There is a tie between him and the young artist that painted my Avatar. Anyway, the 4 year olds NDE when asked
What type of animals did you see?
Colton said he saw many different kinds of animals. It seemed to him that most all of the animals we have here on earth are also in heaven.
He even saw horses.

Dont believe it? IDC. I do. Read the book or watch the movie on ON Demand

There simply is no reason to believe that there would not be animals in heaven.

Billy Graham said
God has a special reason and place for each of His created beings. Animals, too, have a purpose in God’s creation. Man, as the highest order of creation, has been given dominion over the animal kingdom (Genesis 1:26-28).

We believe that animals were intended for man’s enjoyment and use. The Bible itself does not indicate that there is life after death for animals. It may be that God’s purpose for animals is fulfilled on this earth. However, if animals would make us happier in heaven, surely there will be a place for them there.

Some Bible interpreters have called attention to Isaiah’s description of the peace of God’s future kingdom where he says that “the wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox” (Isaiah 65:25). Heaven will lack nothing that is good and that will bring glory to God.
Going back to the time of the Reformation, even Martin Luther believed animals would be in heaven, basing his thought on the “restoration texts” of Acts 3:21 and Romans 8:18-22.

Another
Indeed, the Bible confirms there are animals in Heaven. Isaiah 11:6 describes several types (predator and prey) living in peace with one another “and a little child will lead them.” If God created animals for the Garden of Eden He will surely include them in Heaven—God’s perfect new Eden! If these animals live in Heaven, there’s hope that our pets could be there too. Dr. Wendell Estep, retired pastor of First Baptist Church, said, “In Revelation 19:11, Jesus is riding on a white horse. So, if a horse is in Heaven—why not my dog ‘Tex?’” Another pastor proclaimed, “We often forget, God can do anything He wants to!”

Even Pope Frankie...

Other theologians insist that certain Bible passages indicate that animals do have souls (the same word, nephesh, which translates to “soul” is used in reference to both humans and animals) though not of the same kind that believing Christians have. While the Bible doesn’t clearly state whether or not animals have souls (and thus can be reborn), growing numbers of religious leaders are considering the prospect. Pope Francis comforted a boy whose dog had just died, saying, “One day, we will see our animals again in eternity. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures.” Pope John Paul II later expressed, “Animals possess a soul and we must love and feel solidarity with our smaller brethren.”

And I shall finish with the following......

Do Animals Go to Heaven?: Afterlife Animal Miracles​

By
Whitney Hopler
Religion Expert
  • B.A., English, George Mason University
Whitney Hopler is a writer and editor who has covered faith since 1994. She is the author of the book "Wake Up to Wonder."
Updated on June 25, 2019

Do animals have souls, and if so, do they go to heaven? The answer is "yes" to both questions, say afterlife experts and scholars of religious texts like the Bible.

Created with Souls​

God has given every animal a soul, so animals continue to exist forever, just as human beings do. However, animal souls are distinctly different from human souls. While God created humans in his image, animals don't directly reflect God's likeness. Also, God has assigned humans to care for animals while living with them on Earth and learn spiritual lessons in the process -- especially about the importance of unconditional love.
“God has given animals life in the same way we were given life," Arch Stanton writes in his book Animals in Heaven: Fantasy or Reality?. "An animal possesses a soul.”
Since animals do have souls, they praise the God who made them, writes Randy Alcorn in his book Heaven. “The Bible tells us that animals, in their own way, praise God.”
One of the examples Alcorn mentions of animals praising God in heaven is the "living creatures" that the Bible describes in the Book of Revelation: “… the ‘living creatures’ who cry out ‘Holy, holy, holy’ are animals – living, breathing, intelligent and articulate animals who dwell in God’s presence, worshiping and praising him,” Alcorn writes.

Once Created, Never Lost​

God, the Creator, places a high value on every animal that he has brought to life. Once God has created a creature, that creature is never lost to God, unless it specifically rejects God. But animals don't reject God; they live in harmony with him. So each animal who has lived -- from bees and dolphins to mice and elephants -- returns to God, its maker, after their earthly lives come to an end.
“Nothing God has created is ever, ever lost,” writes Sylvia Browne in her book All Pets Go to Heaven: The Spiritual Lives of the Animals We Love.

"When we study God’s word in depth, we then have a full understanding the Bible reveals that animals will be in heaven,” Stanton writes in Animals in Heaven. He later notes: "We have to take into account the fact that God loves all of his creation and not just certain ones. ...God has no requirements for animals to be saved. Animals need not be saved from the sinful actions and thoughts of humanity. If God required them to be saved it would mean they have sinned against him. Since we know animals don’t sin then we have to say they are saved already.”

Joni Eareckson-Tada writes in her book Heaven: Your Real Home that God would want to keep all his creatures. "Horses in heaven? Yes. I think animals are some of God’s best and most avant-garde ideas; why would he throw out his greatest creative achievements? … Isaiah foresaw lions and lambs lying down together, as well as bears, cows, and cobras; and John foresaw the saints galloping on white horses."
Browne, a psychic who claimed to have had visions of heaven, describes it in All Pets Go to Heaven as being full of animals: "The passage of animals to the Other Side is basically instantaneous; their souls just pass through a brightly lit portal or gateway from our world to the next. This is true for our pets as well as the many wild animals that also go to the Other Side, where there are vast herds roaming about. The Other Side also contains animal species that have become extinct, such as dinosaurs, and many of us when we are on the Other Side will view and interact with them. … there are no predators or prey. It is truly a place where the lamb lies down with the lion. All animals are docile and tame and playful. Herd animals and birds will flock together; fish will form schools, whales will form pods, and on and on it goes.”

You have to go to the link to finish..... this is too many words.​

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can a Dog etc get into Heaven ?
One has to be Born again to be Saved in fact !
Did Christ Jesus come for Saving your Dog etc ? No ! Not at all in fact, for such does not have the Sole like a Human !
Does your Dog Sin ? No !
Does your Dog have Grace ? No !

Their is something very wrong with humans ? and that is that such will have a go at another for no good reason ? See with Jesus they were set against him ? miss lead !

Can you miss lead a Dog in the same way ?

So when you understand how or why Jesus was set upon, do you want such as that working to preside in the world, No ! for such who set Upon such a one have not Grace in fact ! for such are only carnal dupes, even religious carnal dupes in fact ! for they are Dogs the Bible points out or just like a wild Boar ?
Such as a Dog can not have a Soul that needs to connect to Christ Jesus in fact.

You can have a good Dog or Cat or Horse that you do love, because it's special to you , i had a Dog and a Cat that was special but the others were not like that special. one thinks of them at times how good they were. and then there are horses that you may hate or not look on with much regard just like with other Dogs of Cats you had.

My uncle had a race horse that he loved, he said it was the best horse he ever breed, million dollar plus horse, but someone killed it, wrapped plastic over it's head ! how depraved can such a one be to go do that.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The word for "soul" is H5315, נָ֫פֶשׁ, nephesh. It appears 754 times. NASB translated it as soul (238), life (146), person (68).

Brown-Driver-Briggs:

Yes.

Yes,pets have souls. Everything that exists is of and from our living God. And when it ceases to exist on this dimensional plane, it returns to the Creator of it.God.

Even particle physics is catching onto the truth of this.
All that exists is made of atoms that move constantly and to a rhythm. Nothing ceases to exist. It is merely transformed. Because atoms,atomic energy, is power that can never truly die.

All of creation and created is alive God energy and power. That's fantastic.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Brown-Driver-Briggs:

Yes.

I have never been taught anything about the soul other than it's just breath life. It gives the body life until it's gone on the last breath.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you feel I am spamming... report me.
Don't worry, I wouldn't do that! I just wanted to prompt you to contribute to the discussion rather than just say "Yes there will". Posts of "Yes there will be" and "No there won't be" in a pantomine like fashion are not at all helpful or interesting, and we can't learn anything from that kind of chatter. Your last post was much more interesting. :Thumbsup:

#1. It is my firm belief that when I make it out of this world if I want a favorite pet to be with me, it will happen.
But why do you believe that? If there is no Scriptural support for it then you shouldn't believe it.

#2. I call this the reality of fantasy. Say what?????? The book of Revelation.
But I am not referencing the odd ones John described.... but it is certain that there were 4 horses... or there would not be The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse ,
The book of Revelation is full of symbolic visions - they're not images of a future reality. For example, Jesus does not have a sword coming out of his mouth - that's just a symbolic image. Revelation 19:21 says:

(21) The rest were killed with the sword of him who sat on the horse, the sword which came out of his mouth. All the birds were filled with their flesh.​

Jesus will not be fighting with a sword that is sticking out of his mouth, while he remains sat on a horse. These are figures of speech meant to portray a message - that Jesus will overcome the false religions and evil systems of Satan. Similarly the four horsemen mentioned in chapter 6 are symbolic, e.g. Revelation 6:8 (ISV):

(8) I looked, and there was a pale green horse! Its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. They were given authority over one-fourth of the earth to kill people using wars, famines, plagues, and the wild animals of the earth.​

Have you ever seen a pale-green horse? Can hades (hell) follow a person on a horse? All of the mentioned four riders on horses are on the earth, not in heaven.

#3. I am fairly certain you have not heard of Colton Burpo? ... Anyway, the 4 year olds NDE when asked "What type of animals did you see?" ...

Dont believe it? IDC. I do.
We should not believe any near death experiences as being truth, let alone that of a four year old. Our beliefs should be based on the Bible (God's written word to us) alone.

There simply is no reason to believe that there would not be animals in heaven.
Yes there is! There is no Scriptural support to suggest that there will be animals in heaven. Similarly there will be no humans in heaven (Christians will be changed to be spirit beings). Humans and all animals are physical and live on the physical earth, in a physical universe - which is God's creation. Heaven is not part of the physical universe. God and the angels are invisible to us because they are not made of physical matter, and most likely because they exist in extra dimensions which we do not have access to. Humans and animals are not designed to exist there. 1 Corinthians 15:50 - "flesh and blood can’t inherit God’s Kingdom".

Another
Indeed, the Bible confirms there are animals in Heaven. Isaiah 11:6 describes several types (predator and prey) living in peace with one another “and a little child will lead them.”
The Isaiah 11 pasage is about Jesus establishing God's kingdom on the earth - it's not describing heaven, it's descibing the paradise that will be on the earth. Isaiah 11:9 (WEB):

(9) They will not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth will be full of the knowledge of Yahweh, as the waters cover the sea.​

If God created animals for the Garden of Eden He will surely include them in Heaven—God’s perfect new Eden!
Why?! He created angels to live in heaven, and humans and animals to live on the earth. The whole of the Bible is about perfecting mankind and the earth, restoring it from the fall to His original plan for life on earth. Amazingly He also planned for some humans to be changed and become a bride for His only begotten Son - a reward for his sacrifice of his soul for mankind. Christians have a future in heaven, but everyone else are destined for eternal life as humans on a perfected earth (and all those that refuse to comply with God's righteous laws will be destroyed and will no longer exist).

Dr. Wendell Estep, retired pastor of First Baptist Church, said, “In Revelation 19:11, Jesus is riding on a white horse. So, if a horse is in Heaven—why not my dog ‘Tex?’”
Again, it is symbolic, and it describes Jesus fighting on the earth, not in heaven. Revelation 19:17-19 (WEB):

(17) I saw an angel standing in the sun. He cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the sky, “Come! Be gathered together to the great supper of God,​
(18) that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, small and great.”​
(19) I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him who sat on the horse, and against his army.​

God created the earth to be the home for animals, mankind and plants. He doesn't need, nor has planned, to cram everything into heaven. He has created a massive universe and an amazing earth for His pleasure, and that is where He intends His animals, including humans, to live. There is no Scriptural evidence to suppose that God has planned to create a physical earth-like environment in heaven so that His physcial animals and plants can exist there. What would be the point of that?

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry, I wouldn't do that! I just wanted to prompt you to contribute to the discussion rather than just say "Yes there will". Posts of "Yes there will be" and "No there won't be" in a pantomine like fashion are not at all helpful or interesting, and we can't learn anything from that kind of chatter. Your last post was much more interesting. :Thumbsup:
Fair enough, but lets just say when one is the only caregiver for a mom with dementia and problems arise... often there is little time for a lengthy response.
But why do you believe that? If there is no Scriptural support for it then you shouldn't believe it.

You mean like "the rapture"?

Look... Did Jesus Himself not say " Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you."? Do you think this was meant only for His disciples?

IF, our heavenly Father gives to us in this wicked mortal state we live in what we ask through Jesus... Do you not think He will give us what we ask in heavily eternity, what our hearts desire?

So, I disagree. I say that is all the scriptural evidence I need.
The book of Revelation is full of symbolic visions - they're not images of a future reality. For example, Jesus does not have a sword coming out of his mouth - that's just a symbolic image. Revelation 19:21 says:

You mean Revelation was just a glorified parable to capture the interest of believers or not? An intriguing reward for those who persevered to the end of the 66 books?doh.gif
(21) The rest were killed with the sword of him who sat on the horse, the sword which came out of his mouth. All the birds were filled with their flesh.​

Jesus will not be fighting with a sword that is sticking out of his mouth, while he remains sat on a horse. These are figures of speech meant to portray a message - that Jesus will overcome the false religions and evil systems of Satan. Similarly the four horsemen mentioned in chapter 6 are symbolic, e.g. Revelation 6:8 (ISV):

(8) I looked, and there was a pale green horse! Its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. They were given authority over one-fourth of the earth to kill people using wars, famines, plagues, and the wild animals of the earth.​

Have you ever seen a pale-green horse? Can hades (hell) follow a person on a horse? All of the mentioned four riders on horses are on the earth, not in heaven.

We should not believe any near death experiences as being truth, let alone that of a four year old. Our beliefs should be based on the Bible (God's written word to us) alone.

You really should read the book or watch the movie.
Yes there is! There is no Scriptural support to suggest that there will be animals in heaven. Similarly there will be no humans in heaven (Christians will be changed to be spirit beings). Humans and all animals are physical and live on the physical earth, in a physical universe - which is God's creation. Heaven is not part of the physical universe. God and the angels are invisible to us because they are not made of physical matter, and most likely because they exist in extra dimensions which we do not have access to. Humans and animals are not designed to exist there. 1 Corinthians 15:50 - "flesh and blood can’t inherit God’s Kingdom".

The Isaiah 11 pasage is about Jesus establishing God's kingdom on the earth - it's not describing heaven, it's descibing the paradise that will be on the earth. Isaiah 11:9 (WEB):

(9) They will not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth will be full of the knowledge of Yahweh, as the waters cover the sea.​

Why?! He created angels to live in heaven, and humans and animals to live on the earth. The whole of the Bible is about perfecting mankind and the earth, restoring it from the fall to His original plan for life on earth.

Do not forget the "sons of God" who mated with the daughters of man and the outcome was the Nephilim.

Do not forget He also cast Satan and 1/3 of his angelic followers to earth to live among us.

Amazingly He also planned for some humans to be changed and become a bride for His only begotten Son - a reward for his sacrifice of his soul for mankind. Christians have a future in heaven, but everyone else are destined for eternal life as humans on a perfected earth (and all those that refuse to comply with God's righteous laws will be destroyed and will no longer exist).

Again, it is symbolic, and it describes Jesus fighting on the earth, not in heaven. Revelation 19:17-19 (WEB):

(17) I saw an angel standing in the sun. He cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the sky, “Come! Be gathered together to the great supper of God,​
(18) that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, small and great.”​
(19) I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him who sat on the horse, and against his army.​

God created the earth to be the home for animals, mankind and plants. He doesn't need, nor has planned, to cram everything into heaven. He has created a massive universe and an amazing earth for His pleasure, and that is where He intends His animals, including humans, to live. There is no Scriptural evidence to suppose that God has planned to create a physical earth-like environment in heaven so that His physcial animals and plants can exist there. What would be the point of that?
Maybe because he likes tomatoes?

Did Jesus not say " But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”??????????????

You do not get fruit from the vine unless there is a vine to pick the fruit from... so proof there are plants there.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man domesticated cattle, sheep and goats for the meat, the hides and the wool. I am sure about dogs and cats.
After considering domesticated animals. Not the ones we eat. But in considering why it’s a touchy subject of whether or not animals are or will be in heaven …it’s like telling someone their child, brother, companion or aide(helper) isn’t saved. That has to be devastating. Here is something I’ve thought of. I’ve been in church and seen people cold (the level of frozen-out cold) to their families …saying their family members aren’t saved, won’t be in heaven and being more than okay with it…handling it (their family)will not be in heaven with acceptance (maybe even boastful of it, in their status of being chosen).

those hurt when anyone suggests their loved ones(animal companions) will not be in heaven, maybe we all should learn to not be so cold about what isn’t or won’t be in heaven. Point is…imo I’m starting to see it’s uncaring to try to be right about someone’s animal. Why crush them? So from now on, I’ll keep my mouth shut about will animals be in heaven. That is just my opinion…

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You mean like "the rapture"?
No. There is clear Scriptural support for the rapture.

Look... Did Jesus Himself not say " Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you."? Do you think this was meant only for His disciples?
God will only give us what we ask for if we ask for things that are not contrary to His will - He will only grant us what He judges to be best for us. 1 John 5:14 (WEB):

(14) This is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he listens to us.​
James 4:3-4 (WEB):
(3) You ask, and don’t receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.​
(4) You adulterers and adulteresses, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.​

When we are in heaven, sharing in Christ's reign over God's kingdom on earth and in heaven, we will have more than enough pleasures of a heavenly kind that we won't miss having animals and pets. 1 Corinthians 2:9 (ISV):

(9) But as it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."​

You mean Revelation was just a glorified parable to capture the interest of believers or not? An intriguing reward for those who persevered to the end of the 66 books?
No. Revelation tells us what it is about in the first verse - Revelation 1:1 (KJV):

(1) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:​

Do not forget the "sons of God" who mated with the daughters of man and the outcome was the Nephilim.
These angels went against God's will and are currently imprisoned because of it - Jude 1:6 (KJV):

(6) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.​

Do not forget He also cast Satan and 1/3 of his angelic followers to earth to live among us.
Again, Satan and the angels that sided with him were cast out of heaven and down to the earth because they acted against God's will. They will be here temporarily for a while. They will eventually be destroyed - Matthew 25:41 (WEB):

(41) Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels;​

Did Jesus not say " But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”??????????????

You do not get fruit from the vine unless there is a vine to pick the fruit from... so proof there are plants there.
Many people are confused by Jesus’ saying during the Last Supper, “But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom” (Matthew 26:29). To understand what Jesus meant you need to know that the Passover meal includes four cups of wine. This is based on Exodus 6:6-7, which says “Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians”. The texts in bold become labels to the four cups used in the Passover meal. Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper with the third of those four cups – the one with the meaning “I will redeem you”. He doesn’t finish the Passover meal, saying he won’t yet drink the fourth cup (“I will take you to me”), effectively saying that he will finish His work when He takes us up to heaven to be with him. In John’s account Jesus confirms this by saying, “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:2-3).

So Jesus will not be literally drinking vine juice in heaven with us. Spirit beings have no need of physical food and drink.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. There is clear Scriptural support for the rapture.

God will only give us what we ask for if we ask for things that are not contrary to His will - He will only grant us what He judges to be best for us. 1 John 5:14 (WEB):

(14) This is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he listens to us.​
James 4:3-4 (WEB):
(3) You ask, and don’t receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.​
(4) You adulterers and adulteresses, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.​

When we are in heaven, sharing in Christ's reign over God's kingdom on earth and in heaven, we will have more than enough pleasures of a heavenly kind that we won't miss having animals and pets. 1 Corinthians 2:9 (ISV):

(9) But as it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."​

No. Revelation tells us what it is about in the first verse - Revelation 1:1 (KJV):

(1) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:​

These angels went against God's will and are currently imprisoned because of it - Jude 1:6 (KJV):

(6) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.​

Again, Satan and the angels that sided with him were cast out of heaven and down to the earth because they acted against God's will. They will be here temporarily for a while. They will eventually be destroyed - Matthew 25:41 (WEB):

(41) Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels;​

Many people are confused by Jesus’ saying during the Last Supper, “But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom” (Matthew 26:29). To understand what Jesus meant you need to know that the Passover meal includes four cups of wine. This is based on Exodus 6:6-7, which says “Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians”. The texts in bold become labels to the four cups used in the Passover meal. Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper with the third of those four cups – the one with the meaning “I will redeem you”. He doesn’t finish the Passover meal, saying he won’t yet drink the fourth cup (“I will take you to me”), effectively saying that he will finish His work when He takes us up to heaven to be with him. In John’s account Jesus confirms this by saying, “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” (John 14:2-3).

So Jesus will not be literally drinking vine juice in heaven with us. Spirit beings have no need of physical food and drink.
Interesting how different people read things that another sees differently.

"No. There is clear Scriptural support for the rapture."

No, not by name....................

The word Rapture is not in the bible. Period. So someone took
a phrase and twisted it to fit what they feel the phrase was meaning.

The Rapture is commonly understood to refer to a time when believers will be snatched up to heaven by Jesus to escape the time of tribulation that will engulf the earth during the reign of the Antichrist.

The Rapture is central to End-Time theories so much so that people often assume that it’s clearly explained in the Bible, especially in the Book of Revelation but the truth is it’s pretty complicated.

Whether the Rapture is biblical is highly debated in the Christian community. The word “Rapture” doesn’t occur in the Bible. The term comes from a Latin word meaning “a carrying off, a transport, or a snatching away.”

While we don’t see “Rapture” directly mentioned in the Bible, the concept of “carrying off” and the Rapture of the Church is taught in the Bible.

"
When we are in heaven, sharing in Christ's reign over God's kingdom on earth and in heaven, we will have more than enough pleasures of a heavenly kind that we won't miss having animals and pets. 1 Corinthians 2:9 (ISV):''

Hey... the is not one word in the bible or even in this verse
that says there are no animals and/or pets. IT SAYS
"but just as it is written, “THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.” Nasb95

"So Jesus will not be literally drinking vine juice in heaven with us."

Then he either lied or deliberately misled.

"Spirit beings have no need of physical food and drink."

Chapter and Verse, please.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting how different people read things that another sees differently.

"No. There is clear Scriptural support for the rapture."

No, not by name....................

The word Rapture is not in the bible. Period. So someone took
a phrase and twisted it to fit what they feel the phrase was meaning.

The Rapture is commonly understood to refer to a time when believers will be snatched up to heaven by Jesus to escape the time of tribulation that will engulf the earth during the reign of the Antichrist.

The Rapture is central to End-Time theories so much so that people often assume that it’s clearly explained in the Bible, especially in the Book of Revelation but the truth is it’s pretty complicated.

Whether the Rapture is biblical is highly debated in the Christian community. The word “Rapture” doesn’t occur in the Bible. The term comes from a Latin word meaning “a carrying off, a transport, or a snatching away.”

While we don’t see “Rapture” directly mentioned in the Bible, the concept of “carrying off” and the Rapture of the Church is taught in the Bible.

"
When we are in heaven, sharing in Christ's reign over God's kingdom on earth and in heaven, we will have more than enough pleasures of a heavenly kind that we won't miss having animals and pets. 1 Corinthians 2:9 (ISV):''

Hey... the is not one word in the bible or even in this verse
that says there are no animals and/or pets. IT SAYS
"but just as it is written, “THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.” Nasb95

"So Jesus will not be literally drinking vine juice in heaven with us."

Then he either lied or deliberately misled.

"Spirit beings have no need of physical food and drink."

Chapter and Verse, please.
Nor is the word Trinity. Yet many mistakenly wrap their faith around such.

Reading scripture differently from one another I think is also of God.