Do you pray in tongues?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
<snip>
Does a man need to be born of the Spirit? Yes, he does. But my personal opinion is that this takes place when the word of God becomes planted within him and begins to grow. As Jesus said, "My words are Spirit, and they are life." When Cornelius and his house received Peter into their home, the first thing they received was the preaching of the word. In their case, this was followed immediately with the baptism in the Holy Spirit, but in other cases like we had been discussing here, the baptism was not immediate.

The moment of birth to me is not when the baptism takes place but when the word is received within good soil and begins to germinate. He is the Word, and to receive the word is to receive Him.

The reason for all the confusion is that they are not really supposed to be separate events. They are supposed to happen together as happened with Cornelius' household. But when they do take place as separate incidents, the new birth takes place through acceptance of the word, not the baptism. I belonged to the Lord Jesus Christ for many months before I received the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and I was no more born again after I did. I just experienced a greater empowerment of the Spirit than before (i.e. "you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you."), and it ends up being like an increase in the growth of the word since the Holy Spirit is sent as our Teacher (John 16:13).

My apologies that I can't keep up with this right now, but maybe I can return to it later.

God bless you, brother.
HiH

Yes, I also agree.
And in our experience of leading souls to the Lord over the years...this is the case.

Bless you...Helen

Reactions: Hidden In Him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not pray in tongues. Does that mean I haven’t received the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not pray in tongues. Does that mean I haven’t received the baptism of the Holy Spirit?

Well, without wanting to post contrary to my dearest sister on this Forum (see above :D), does it mean you haven't received the Spirit? No. Does it mean you haven't received the baptism? The baptism in the Holy Spirit incessantly came with signs in the New Testament, particularly speaking in tongues and prophesying (Acts 2:1-4, Acts 19:1-2, Acts 10:44-46).

Now does that mean it's something to be deeply concerned about? No, not in my book. It is simply something to put before God in prayer. And I can assure you that if you keep devoting yourself to His Presence and keep asking for it, it will come eventually. It is supposed to be an intrinsic part of Christianity. It's just that some have separated it out from the Christian experience as not being necessary, when the real focus should be on is it beneficial. I take the position that it is, so I encourage people to seek it, but with patience and in a Spirit of peace, knowing that your salvation is secure in Christ regardless and that He loves you and will provide you with all good things in the course of due time.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, without wanting to post contrary to my dearest sister on this Forum (see above :D), does it mean you haven't received the Spirit? No. Does it mean you haven't received the baptism? The baptism in the Holy Spirit incessantly came with signs in the New Testament, particularly speaking in tongues and prophesying (Acts 2:1-4, Acts 19:1-2, Acts 10:44-46).

Now does that mean it's something to be deeply concerned about? No, not in my book. It is simply something to put before God in prayer. And I can assure you that if you keep devoting yourself to His Presence and keep asking for it, it will come eventually. It is supposed to be an intrinsic part of Christianity. It's just that some have separated it out from the Christian experience as not being necessary, when the real focus should be on is it beneficial. I take the position that it is, so I encourage people to seek it, but with patience and in a Spirit of peace, knowing that your salvation is secure in Christ regardless and that He loves you and will provide you with all good things in the course of due time.

Thank you for your kind words. In no way am I bashing anyone’s experience or belief but only speak as one with questions. It doesn’t mean I am saying I’m right, only that if I’m not open and honest about where I am at, then I am fake in what I present. Since it is not of my understanding or in my heart to agree that I haven’t had the baptism from on high.

Mark 16:16-18
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Do you drink any deadly thing and it does not hurt you? This is not a question to you only Hidden, but to anyone that would have an answer.

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you drink any deadly thing and it does not hurt you? This is not a question to you only Hidden, but to anyone that would have an answer.

Well that's an interesting question. Now my answer might sound arrogant, but that's not it. And I'm certainly not so foolish as to test God by drinking poison or going out to try and find a poisonous snake. But in all truth, absolutely NOTHING on this earth is going to stop me from fulfilling my calling, and I mean nothing. I seriously doubt I will ever encounter such a circumstance, but I can promise you nothing is going to kill me before my time. My life and ministry hasn't even really begun yet, and it has been in the preparation stages for over 30 years.

I'm not sure how anyone else baptized in the Holy Spirit would answer that, but this is how I would. Of course, there are those who would try to scold me for being so confident in my God, but to them I have one response: Watch me.

Reactions: amadeus and LC627

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Intersting :)

Okay, I know quite a lot of people who were baptised in the Holy Ghost. ...
Spoke of "the experience"..spoke in tongues at the time...yet ever after that they never spoke in tongues again!!

So, were they un-baptised in the Spirit. ;)
I think not.

Lack of teaching I presume. "To me" the great blockage in the flow of tongues is that people think that God totally takes over. And, because that does not happen...(they receive the Spirit but they know nothing of co-working with Him) they do not yield to the Spirit and "begin to speak in tongues."

Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."
The words were His, but the speaking was theirs.

Acts 19:6 "And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."
Again..the Holy Ghost came upon them, but they did the speaking...
If we don't speak it doesn't happen.

The misunderstanding is...that when the Holy Spirit falls He takes the tongue and makes it speak.
Yet it is no different to salvation, we yield to Him , He does not force Himself upon us!!

My dad used to babysit for us on Friday nights while we took the Gospel to the streets. I was baptised in the Holy Ghost on the pervious Sunday night.
I spoke in tongues and was 'drunk' with joy for about 4 hours.
He walked in on Friday afternoon following as usual, and he said " So are you still speaking in tongues?'
I said "No, it didn't happen again".
So he then told me that the gift was mine to use, just as my tongue was mine to use, and speech was mine to use.
I obviously said- " But I don't feel like I did last Sunday night...it's gone"
But we learn that we don't walk by feelings of euphoria or emotions...our walk is faith.
The next afternoon , when the house was quiet... I knelt down with the Lord and said - " Well this feels all wrong Lord, it feels like "I" am doing this not You.. I am now going to pray to You in tongues."
I just did, and never stopped since , now 50 years hence. We all know that in the early days, just like a baby, we only use a few syllables..and the more we use the tongue the great quantity of words flows from us.

So, I said all that to say......I have known people who I am convinced were baptised in the Holy Ghost, yet never gave their tongue to the Lord..in the misguided belief that if He doesn't jump in and "take over their tongue" then they were never given a tongue to use in the first place..
Amongst the many, my husband was one of them. His "experience" in the Holy Spirit was powerful...yet he never spoke in tongues. Same reason, - "he said that he was not going to do anything, God must do it." God didn't!!!

About six months later a brother said to him, 'Dave, you are missing out, just step out of the boat in faith, and walk toward the Lord.'
Dave knelt down...started praising the Lord unemotionally, and unemotionally took a deep breath and let his tongue speak. He's never stopped yet.

Seen it so often, hence I say NO, I am not a believer that the only evidence of the Baptism of the Spirit is speaking in tongues .
* A passion for the Lord and the radiance of the spirit flowing through a life is much more evidence to me.
Yet the person is sold short if the Enemy can rob them of the blessing of tongues.

Just my two cents :)
Bless you, Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I have read @Hidden In Him response too and agree.

I read your verse differently than the way that you seem to have read it.

Case in point, Paul did not "take up a serpent" to prove anything to anyone.
The snake just came out of the wood and bit him when the fire was lite ( at Cyprus) ..and Paul, in line with your above scripture..." shook it off into the fire." And we know that did impress the locals, and God used it.
But Paul himself did not choose to 'do it' as some proof of spirituality.
I do personally know a lady who was bitten on her heel by a deadly killer snake in South America... ( taking the gospel into the jungle) The leader of the group asked her. " Do you have the faith to walk through this, you could be dead in two hours, or shall we turn around to the plane, and get you out to the city quickly?"

She prayed and asked the Lord and checked her heart...and said " No, everything is fine...I will trust God and live, lets press on."
They did, and she did, and I still know her today.

As for the drinking any deadly thing...again, they/we do not "choose" to do it to prove anything to anyone.
But there have been testimonies of people being given a drink which would kill them, and living through it.

I also remember reading of Richard Wurmbrand imprisonment and torture by the then Communist regime of Romania, for his beliefs. ( back in 60's)
If you have never read his book "Tortured for Christ." I recommend it.
He at some point of his imprisonment was given poison to drink. ( he quoted that scripture to himself before he drank it..God honoured His word) Just because it says "they shall drink it.." isn't saying that they choose to drink it!
He was also, with other christians , made to use feaces and urine as the bread and wine in forced "breaking of bread" services.

Also, regarding that verse you quote... in all my years of walking with the Lord, and rubbing shoulders with christians, I have only ever found a handful who have actually "cast out demons"....or have any clue at all about demonic warfare!!!
And not many who even want to know, let alone do it!! Yet they are none the less Spirit filled.
You may not know many who drink deadly things , or take up serpents proving the baptism , but how many do you know who actually cast out demons or have done so? ;)

No, we cannot use God word as some legal requirement for proving this, that, or the other.

Bless you...Helen

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I know quite a lot of people who were baptised in the Holy Ghost. ...
Spoke of "the experience"..spoke in tongues at the time...yet ever after that they never spoke in tongues again!!

I think this is attributable to being caught up in the Presence of God during a service, yet not abiding in His Presence in their personal lives, i.e. giving themselves to a life of prayer in general. I switch into tongues unconsciously because I'm praying incessantly. But I will admit that I didn't pray as much earlier in my walk, so I too was guilty of letting the gift fall by the wayside for many years.
" Well this feels all wrong Lord, it feels like "I" am doing this not You.. I am now going to pray to You in tongues." I just did, and never stopped since, now 50 years hence.

See, in the context of prayer. Now my advice would have been a little different. During formal (forced) times of prayer, I never start out in tongues. If it's forced I have a hard enough time praying period. So I pray with my mind about whatever comes to it as I begin calling more upon God. But eventually the Lord starts enlightening my prayers. I begin hearing Him speak. This quickens my spirit, and not long after I notice I have switched into tongues with power, and eventually it is flowing with tremendous power. So my advice is that in the midst of developing prayer as a lifestyle, the Spirit of God enters into our prayers more and more, naturally, rather than being coerced.
So, I said all that to say......I have known people who I am convinced were baptised in the Holy Ghost, yet never gave their tongue to the Lord..in the misguided belief that if He doesn't jump in and "take over their tongue" then they were never given a tongue to use in the first place..

Yes, and for the same reason. They never really give their lives over to prayer, and they get the impression that they are supposed to wait until God somehow "takes over," LoL. It never happens.
About six months later a brother said to him, 'Dave, you are missing out, just step out of the boat in faith, and walk toward the Lord.'
Dave knelt down...started praising the Lord unemotionally, and unemotionally took a deep breath and let his tongue speak. He's never stopped yet.

People are also different. Some are not really emotional personalities to begin with, yet operate under the impression that unless they're somehow getting caught up in an emotional experience that God must therefore not be moving. But that's another misconception. It's like flipping a switch. Emotion doesn't have to play a part. It's just about allowing yourself to let the Spirit begin speaking whenever He desires to (at least for me, anyway).

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read @Hidden In Him response too and agree.

I read your verse differently than the way that you seem to have read it.

Case in point, Paul did not "take up a serpent" to prove anything to anyone.
The snake just came out of the wood and bit him when the fire was lite ( at Cyprus) ..and Paul, in line with your above scripture..." shook it off into the fire." And we know that did impress the locals, and God used it.
But Paul himself did not choose to 'do it' as some proof of spirituality.
I do personally know a lady who was bitten on her heel by a deadly killer snake in South America... ( taking the gospel into the jungle) The leader of the group asked her. " Do you have the faith to walk through this, you could be dead in two hours, or shall we turn around to the plane, and get you out to the city quickly?"

She prayed and asked the Lord and checked her heart...and said " No, everything is fine...I will trust God and live, lets press on."
They did, and she did, and I still know her today.

As for the drinking any deadly thing...again, they/we do not "choose" to do it to prove anything to anyone.
But there have been testimonies of people being given a drink which would kill them, and living through it.

I also remember reading of Richard Wurmbrand imprisonment and torture by the then Communist regime of Romania, for his beliefs. ( back in 60's)
If you have never read his book "Tortured for Christ." I recommend it.
He at some point of his imprisonment was given poison to drink. ( he quoted that scripture to himself before he drank it..God honoured His word) Just because it says "they shall drink it.." isn't saying that they choose to drink it!
He was also, with other christians , made to use feaces and urine as the bread and wine in forced "breaking of bread" services.

Also, regarding that verse you quote... in all my years of walking with the Lord, and rubbing shoulders with christians, I have only ever found a handful who have actually "cast out demons"....or have any clue at all about demonic warfare!!!
And not many who even want to know, let alone do it!! Yet they are none the less Spirit filled.
You may not know many who drink deadly things , or take up serpents proving the baptism , but how many do you know who actually cast out demons or have done so? ;)

No, we cannot use God word as some legal requirement for proving this, that, or the other.

Bless you...Helen

Agree or do not doubt in what you say but the point was: not all cast out demons, not all drink deadly poison and not be hurt therefore, not all speak in tongues. Or do they?? Also I agree with you in that God chooses when and where He will use these demonstrations of power. To be in a church and commanded a person MUST speak in tongues with the rest of the congregation, is an error. For as you have said: it is a gift from God and man doesn’t CONTROL the gifts but God does. As for what a deadly poison is that we drink and it does not hurt us: for me, it is the poison of a wicked tongue. The poison is asps that does not hurt us. You also pointed out: “The snake just came out of the wood and bit him when the fire was lite ( at Cyprus) ..and Paul, in line with your above scripture..." shook it off into the fire."

Hear what you said “the snake(serpent) came out of the WOOD...and bit Paul WHEN a FIRE was lit. And Paul shook the viper off into the FIRE (to destory) it. Was it not the evil cast at Paul, a weapon of destruction, that did not hurt Paul.

Isaiah 54:17
[17] No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue(poison) that shall rise against thee -in judgment- thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord , and -their righteousness is of me-, saith the Lord .

Bless you, Helen. Yes, there are physical demonstrations but there are also spiritual ones for every one of those stated and these signs should follow those baptized in the Holy SPIRIT.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Hidden In Him I gave a "like" on the post to me...nevertheless some things I still don't totally agree with how you 'see' it. :)

For me , anointing on the life and the power in the spoken word ( be it pulpit or counselling or otherwise) Are far more important 'signs' of the infilling and ministry by the Spirit than speaking in tongues is.

I 'die' on that beach. :D

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him I gave a "like" on the post to me...nevertheless some things I still don't totally agree with how you 'see' it. :)

For me , anointing on the life and the power in the spoken word ( be it pulpit or counselling or otherwise) Are for more important 'signs' of the infilling and ministry by the Spirit than speaking in tongues is.

I 'die' on that beach. :D

Well ok then! LoL.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well ok then! LoL.

Don't you just hate it when someone quotes you, and you see a glaring spelling mistake or typo but you can't get into their post to correct the quote you made. :mad:

But, I am sure you don't make such mistakes...I do it all the time.:rolleyes:
My problem being that I never/ seldom re-read what I post.
( I used 'for' rather than 'far' , which it should have been...but now "written in stone" unchangeable. Praise God that our spiritual mistakes are not! :) )

......H

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you just hate it when someone quotes you, and you see a glaring spelling mistake or typo but you can't get into their post to correct the quote you made. :mad:

But, I am sure you don't make such mistakes...I do it all the time.:rolleyes:
My problem being that I never/ seldom re-read what I post.
( I used 'for' rather than 'far' , which it should have been...but now "written in stone" unchangeable. Praise God that our spiritual mistakes are not! :) )

......H

You are not alone; I misspell words all the time.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your kind words. In no way am I bashing anyone’s experience or belief but only speak as one with questions. It doesn’t mean I am saying I’m right, only that if I’m not open and honest about where I am at, then I am fake in what I present. Since it is not of my understanding or in my heart to agree that I haven’t had the baptism from on high.

Your question has already been well answered by others, but if I may add just a few words. We eat and we drink all of the time to satisfy the needs as well as the desires of our own flesh. This keeps us alive [physically] but it also gets us at times into trouble because too much of anything is poison to our body even as too little of certain things will cause illness and death.

Even with regard to the Word of God and our spiritual Life consider what Paul wrote:

"I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able." I Cor 3:2

If we are still an infant we should not be eating uncut steak... not yet. Any good parent already knows that.

Also we should never go into the midst of the devil's playground just because we have decided that we can. On the other hand IF God sends us into such a place there is no reason to fear. This is like taking up a poisonous viper in our hand so as to effectively tempt God as opposed to throwing off that same snake into the fire as did Paul because it was in the way of the work of God still set before him.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The baptism with the Holy Spirit has been greatly misunderstood. It is Christ who baptizes the believer with the Holy Spirit (as prophesied by John the Baptist) by giving that person the gift of the Holy Spirit. He pours out upon that person the Holy Spirit and that is what "baptism" means. And every Christian receives the gift of the Holy Spirit upon conversion, and He comes to indwell the believer.

The best example is in Acts 2, where Peter told the Jews that they must repent and be baptized, and they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. And they all did, and were then baptized in water. But did those 3,000+ saved Jews all speak with tongues? Had they done so, it would have been phenomenal and would have been reported by Luke. But on that day only the disciples of Christ in the upper room (including the 12 apostles) spoke foreign languages supernaturally. And as prophesied, this was a SIGN to unbelieving Jews that it is God who was behind the Gospel message.

Where the misunderstanding has arisen is that in the Pentecostal churches (and now Charismatic churches) they speak of the baptism IN the Holy Spirit, and the evidence is tongues. But you will not find this expression in the Bible. It is baptism WITH the Holy Spirit, and the two things are not the same. They call these Christians who speak in tongues "Spirit-filled". But what about the Christians who never speak in tongues? Are they never Spirit-filled? That would be false, since those who were Spirit-filled in the Bible spoke the Word of God.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From a theological point of view, there is no such thing as "baptism of the Holy Spirit". There is a release of the Holy Spirit that was received by water baptism, regardless of when. God and sin cannot co-exist. If God chooses to remove Original Sin by some other means, that's His business.

Tongues is not for everybody. It's not a badge of holiness. The only one who needs evidence is God. There are numerous other gifts that God bestows. I pray in tongues and I don't think I am any holier than anybody else. The gift of love is something worth seeking.

I've seen the back pew filled with supposedly second class Christians. They watch the holy Christians at the front pew who can out babble anybody with volume. Or the first class Christians who had a miracle and the back pew Christians got no healing, because God has called them to carry a cross. Back pew Christians often leave for a community that doesn't make them feel inferior. This is a great loss to the community.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only started reading this, but I am very interested in this topic. I had never heard about Baptism of the Holy Spirit until I attended Teen Challenge. Then after praying about it, I started praying in what I think was tongues for the longest time. I stopped though, because I don't know what I am saying. For as far as I know, I am cursing God...but a lot of the times I do hear that language in my head, and lately a lot of things have transpired where I am praying and it bubbles out. I am a bit scared about it though. Mainly because I don't know what I am saying. I don't know if I fully believe it as a prayer language, because I was always taught tongues were for evangelistic purposes. But if I don't fully believe it, can I still have the real thing? What if it is a mind thing and I convinced myself I could pray in them, because everyone else was? I guess that is my concern.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only started reading this, but I am very interested in this topic. I had never heard about Baptism of the Holy Spirit until I attended Teen Challenge. Then after praying about it, I started praying in what I think was tongues for the longest time. I stopped though, because I don't know what I am saying. For as far as I know, I am cursing God...but a lot of the times I do hear that language in my head, and lately a lot of things have transpired where I am praying and it bubbles out. I am a bit scared about it though. Mainly because I don't know what I am saying. I don't know if I fully believe it as a prayer language, because I was always taught tongues were for evangelistic purposes. But if I don't fully believe it, can I still have the real thing? What if it is a mind thing and I convinced myself I could pray in them, because everyone else was? I guess that is my concern.
Don't be afraid of it if it really is from God. As long as you are really serving Him you don't need a more definitive answer, but some people here and elsewhere will attack you because you do it. The prayer language if you have it is between you and God. Talk to Him about it rather those who would deny that anyone now has such a gift. Why God might give it some and not to others is something I cannot answer any more than I can say exactly why one person is called to be an evangelist while another is not. God knows. You go to Him and talk to Him about it. I would ignore those would attack on that basis. It your business and God's, not theirs.

To help you understand enough make you more comfortable in the tongues consider the parables of Jesus. Why could everyone hear His physical words, but only certain ones could understand God's meaning in those spoken parables?

"And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." Matt 13:10-16

Then again consider that only 12 apostles were chosen by Jesus yet at one time he also sent out 70 disciples. What is the difference between the two? Why is there a difference? There are many questions we can ask for which we may not have a clear answer, but God does and sometimes He may share an answer with you.

Give God the glory!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it is rather amazing, because last night before I went to bed, I asked God to please show me if Baptism of the Holy Spirit is real. I don't understand it fully yet, but I do have dreams from God too. I started a dream journal and @Hidden In Him is helping me interpret. I have really put him to work lately, but really appreciate his help. (I can't deny these dreams one bit). It has been a very awakening month for me and I have drawn a lot closer to God.I have been praying in tongues a lot today, but yes, it is a very personal thing that is between God and me.

I asked the Holy Spirit to show me if Baptism of the Holy Spirit was genuine or not. And this is the dream I had:

I was sitting in a huge tub with my phone (I was on my phone looking at this thread last night). I thought it was like a spa, but later when I woke up I realized it was a Baptismal. My daughter's baby bath tub was full to the brim of water in front of me. And looking up, there were a few others in other Baptismals watching me, just sitting in them full of water. So then this woman came over with a bucket and asked me if I was ready for my tub to be filled up. And I said "Sure, let me just pour this out first. (The baby bath) So I did that and I woke up.

So I believe that this is confirmation of Baptism of the Holy Spirit being genuine.

Because I received it a long time ago when I was in a program called Teen Challenge to overcome past issues of child abuse and things. I prayed in them awhile, but yeh...I stopped. My tub was empty in the dream. But I want it full now. And probably a limit on my phone until night time, because I really was thinking man, I am even on my phone in my dreams. Lol. But I think it was to remind me of my prayer when I was writing.

Thanks for the scriptures. I never understood that either. But I guess Jesus concealed things in parables, so we would ask and seek understanding.