Do you speak against "Sinlessness"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On the question of sinlessness?

• Do you believe you are still a sinner?

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Did Jesus make you sinless?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Is 1 John 1:9 to be used multiple times?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Is it necessary to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may be putting your best foot forward on the internet, but after a while we can tell by their fruit if they have fruit of the Spirit or not.

Are you afraid to say you do not consciously sin because you would be calling God a liar? Romans 3:21-26, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"? That is BEFORE accepting Christ and God takes away all your past sins, even the desire that the sin nature use to produce in you. A person born of the Spirit of God no longer desires to practice anything against holy living, as in Galatians 5:19-21

Will you answer some of the questions that I had asked you now, or will you continue to intentionally do me wrong by not answering them? Are you conscious of your sin now? My interest are being ignored.

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't keep up with every sin, but when I am wronging my neighbor intentionally I am conscious of it. The Holy spirit even lets me know of my wrongful actions. Doesn't mean I will beat myself over it, however to reconcile if it is possible is a route to take, abiding in Christ. Or become dead to that sin is also an option, but I will never be sinless which you love to speak of which on the internet anyone can portray a so called 'godly image'.

Matthew, do you want to do any of these to your neighbor: steal, murder, commit adultery with his wife, lie about him?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew, do you want to do any of these to your neighbor: steal, murder, commit adultery with his wife, lie about him?

Sometimes I have a bad day and wanna hit someone in the face. You ever had a bad day?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you answer some of the questions that I had asked you now, or will you continue to intentionally do me wrong by not answering them? Are you conscious of your sin now? My interest are being ignored.

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
I'm sorry. I will answer any question you have. I do not break any of the Ten Commandments because God took all desire to break them out of me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I will answer any question you have. I do not break any of the Ten Commandments because God took all desire to break them out of me.

Nah, I decide it is better for me to walk away from the conversation now at this point. Im a failure compared to you but dont think I down myself, and talk bad about myself, or desire to even kill myself. I just dont believe those who say they are sinless. I disagree, with them period, because people can lie and trick and fool people if they so desire to.

Those 10 words were never written to you, they were written to Israel ... such a silly topic that is nonsense.

If you sinless well God bless your heart.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I have a bad day and wanna hit someone in the face. You ever had a bad day?

I'm a woman. I imagine if I had testosterone I would feel that way. My bad days have to do with being alone and crippled up to where I cannot clean my house the way it needs to be.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a woman. I imagine if I had testosterone I would feel that way. My bad days have to do with being alone and crippled up to where I cannot clean my house the way it needs to be.

I feel ya, you have a good night. That is how my day been for two days, cause of sobering back up into sober living... hopefully will carry through and stay strong but if relapse happens, gotta continue to look towards Yahava, and his Son Yeshua.

Sometimes I wish life could be very simple but it's not. Others have a lot more other issues and troubles than me and we dont know what happens behind closed door which terrifies people in their hearts.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, I decide it is better for me to walk away from the conversation now at this point. Im a failure compared to you but dont think I down myself, and talk bad about myself, or desire to even kill myself. I just dont believe those who say they are sinless. I disagree, with them period, because people can lie and trick and fool people if they so desire to.

Those 10 words were never written to you, they were written to Israel ... such a silly topic that is nonsense.

If you sinless well God bless your heart.

That is your choice. We all need to tell ourselves the truth. If you know you break the major commandments of God, then, yes, you are a sinner. If you have no desire to break any of the major commandments of God, you are not and you need to believe that about yourself. Jesus has made our New Covenant so easy compared to the Old Covenant. Just don't do anything against your conscience. 1 John 3:21-24.

21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your choice. We all need to tell ourselves the truth. If you know you break the major commandments of God, then, yes, you are a sinner. If you have no desire to break any of the major commandments of God, you are not and you need to believe that about yourself. Jesus has made our New Covenant so easy compared to the Old Covenant. Just don't do anything against your conscience. 1 John 3:21-24.

Its good to look towards Jesus and let him be the master of your life.
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
That is wonderful, blessed are those who keep his commandments.

We know that we are sinners, and we need salvation and deliverance from the power of darkness.

Bye now!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel ya, you have a good night. That is how my day been for two days, cause of sobering back up into sober living... hopefully will carry through and stay strong but if relapse happens, gotta continue to look towards Yahava, and his Son Yeshua.

Sometimes I wish life could be very simple but it's not. Others have a lot more other issues and troubles than me and we dont know what happens behind closed door which terrifies people in their hearts.
You have a good night too. I will pray for you tonight.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is refreshing to hear someone say that.

How would you define the "His Word"?
His Word is His Scriptures. I like John 8:32-36. "The truth shall set you free." This is free from sin, not free to sin as demons like to twist His words.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are misinterpreting "body." Think about a popular singing group that write their own songs, like The Beatles. Michael Jackson bought the rights to all of the Beatles "body" of work. Jackson didn't own the bodies of John, Paul, George and Ringo; Michael bought their whole body of works - their catalog.

Try again and read my post again.

I wasn't trying. I read your post.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Word is His Scriptures. I like John 8:32-36. "The truth shall set you free." This is free from sin, not free to sin as demons like to twist His words.
Scripture says women can't speak when they are in a church. 1 Cor 14:33-36.

Is it possible His Word is those times God and Jesus are quoted in the Bible?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't trying. I read your post.

Some people misinterpret body of sin as their physical body, instead of the whole of sin.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

What does body of sin mean to you?

Does it mean we won't be free of sin until our physical body dies like in Calvinism, or
Does it mean that we will be free of all unrighteousness and its source - the old man, the sin nature.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says women can't speak when they are in a church. 1 Cor 14:33-36.

Is it possible His Word is those times God and Jesus are quoted in the Bible?

That was true in the first century and before in Jewish culture, because they didn't allow women to go to school. Jesus liberated all women, but Paul didn't go against their culture. If you notice in Timothy Paul was talking about himself and what he doesn't allow. In Corinthians 14 Paul was talking about prophecy and the train of thought is interrupted by verses 34 and 35 then picked up again, and scholars believe they were added post Paul.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was true in the first century and before in Jewish culture, because they didn't allow women to go to school. Jesus liberated all women, but Paul didn't go against their culture. If you notice in Timothy Paul was talking about himself and what he doesn't allow. In Corinthians 14 Paul was talking about prophecy and the train of thought is interrupted by verses 34 and 35 then picked up again, and scholars believe they were added post Paul.
If we can ignore that scripture, can we ignore the rest? I like my belief that the Word of God is when God or Jesus are quoted in the Bible.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people misinterpret body of sin as their physical body, instead of the whole of sin.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

What does body of sin mean to you?

Does it mean we won't be free of sin until our physical body dies like in Calvinism, or
Does it mean that we will be free of all unrighteousness and its source - the old man, the sin nature.

It doesn't matter what I say, but what Jesus said regarding the old and the new man. I was repeating what He said first:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.​

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what I say, but what Jesus said regarding the old and the new man. I was repeating what He said first:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.​
So doctrinally, what do you think Jesus is teaching by that?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we can ignore that scripture, can we ignore the rest? I like my belief that the Word of God is when God or Jesus are quoted in the Bible.

Jesus quotes are solid for sure! :) I just know that Paul wrote his own opinions and said they were not inspired as in 1 Corinthians 7. The piece to Timothy was not God does not allow... but I do not allow.

You don't have to believe me, but God has given me a gift to hear His voice since 1977 when I was 30 and born again of the Spirit. In 2000 I was driving through the desert going from Arizona back to Los Angeles to go to a Spirit-filled Living Conference and God spoke to me and said, "I am giving you the office of teacher." After that I wrote my first book from asking questions and Him giving me the answers. I didn't know anything about speaking in tongues until he taught me everything there is to know on the subject over a period of 7 years. It is called "The Hidden Mystery Behind Tongues." Its on Amazon. Anyway, I also found out about Christian forums and about 10 years ago signed up with Christian Mingle when they weren't just a dating site and had forums. Then others over the years. Many men would post against my being a woman and teaching men. Well, as you know I don't want to sin so I asked God why He gave me the office of teacher if He told Paul women can't teach men. God immediately said, "I didn't tell him that." So then I knew Paul was giving his own opinion to Timothy. God keeps 'downloading' more an more truths from His word about His gospel. In comparison to the Old Covenant, the New is supernatural and very easy to keep, because He does all righteousness through us.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In response to your poll, it's necessary to have the Holy Spirit in order to be saved because you need God's Spirit in you to have faith in Him and to follow good deeds. I think but I'm not sure but what I know right now is that I feel I'm a sinner who needs God's mercy and that being sinless is probably something that will happen in the afterlife in Heaven. Not sure how much God can mold and mature you like clay in a potter in this life but I think you can get much better with God. We're definitely better with God and can have a relationship with Him by following what He wants, to love God and others and help each other as much as you can.