Dreams

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God appears to speak to people through dreams; have you experienced this? Has God provided direction or comfort to you in your sleep? Is dream interpretation a gift from God or is it dangerous?

What is your experience with dreams?

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if that's part of Christianity, didn't it seem to die with Pontius Pilate's wife? I'm not sure why! To completely respond to the post, no that would be some odd spiritualism experience, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mike are you related to Byrd? Your posts remind me of his, but eventually I do figure out his point - I hope someday I will understand yours

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know your "Byrd" guy, sorry. You're a very interesting and articulate new user for me to meet, thanks. I don't think dreams are a useful or common vehicle.

Reactions: aspen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God used dreams in the Old Testament, but as no revelation was given dreams faded. There are no dreams in the New Testament since the resurrection.

Visions and dreams are two different things.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God appears to speak to people through dreams; have you experienced this? Has God provided direction or comfort to you in your sleep? Is dream interpretation a gift from God or is it dangerous?

Hey Ron.

No doubt this thread will once again bring out the negative nay sayers , they cannot help themselves.

Yes, I have had many "God dreams" in my 50+ years of walking with God.
I can remember them all as if they were yesterday, so vivid.
Any dreams that I have woken up from and said " Was that from the Lord?"
I have thrown out...because in my experience a God dream is so powerful there is no question.

I do remember one where I walked dow a dark tunnel..and popped out into a bright place ..too long to tell...but in the dream ..a person came up to me and said " Bobby Branham died last night".
...during breakfast ( my parents also lived with our family at that time) I said.
" I believe the Lord told me that Bobby died last night. "

Two hours later we got the phone call...Bobby had gone. Maybe my just parents needed preparing..

Why? No idea, maybe just because He is our Father.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know your "Byrd" guy, sorry. You're a very interesting and articulate new user for me to meet, thanks. I don't think dreams are a useful or common vehicle.

Just wait long enough and you will meet our bbyrd009 ...he is top of the posting list , logging up 21,357 in all. :D

As Aspen says ...bbyrd is unique ... love 'im or hate 'im he is a fixture.

Nice to meet you... H

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Ron.

No doubt this thread will once again bring out the negative nay sayers , they cannot help themselves.

Yes, I have had many "God dreams" in my 50+ years of walking with God.
I can remember them all as if they were yesterday, so vivid.
Any dreams that I have woken up from and said " Was that from the Lord?"
I have thrown out...because in my experience a God dream is so powerful there is no question.

I do remember one where I walked dow a dark tunnel..and popped out into a bright place ..too long to tell...but in the dream ..a person came up to me and said " Bobby Branham died last night".
...during breakfast ( my parents also lived with our family at that time) I said.
" I believe the Lord told me that Bobby died last night. "

Two hours later we got the phone call...Bobby had gone. Maybe my just parents needed preparing..

Why? No idea, maybe just because He is our Father.

No disrespect but how do you know it was from God? After all, why would he communicate that to you?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No disrespect but how do you know it was from God? After all, why would he communicate that to you?

In my time I have had many...there is the inner knowing. Can't say more than that.
I've had 'nice' ,even 'spiritual' dreams...but they were just that. Uplifting, pleasant and a blessing...but a God-dream is different. Only those who have them would know what I mean.

Who knows why...only God knows that. I don't pretend to be all wise and know everything. :)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my time I have had many...there is the inner knowing. Can't say more than that.
I've had 'nice' ,even 'spiritual' dreams...but they were just that. Uplifting, pleasant and a blessing...but a God-dream is different. Only those who have them would know what I mean.

Who knows why...only God knows that. I don't pretend to be all wise and know everything. :)

All I'm saying is what you said is not the biblical norms.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I'm saying is what you said is not the biblical norms.

I guessed what you were saying. Never mind.
Im sure where it comes to "what is biblically correct "and what is not..we will never be on the same page.

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guessed what you were saying. Never mind.
Im sure where it comes to "what is biblically correct "and what is not..we will never be on the same page.

I am not saying that all. Many things are not laid out in the Bible but a real.

I'm just say I struggle with harmonizing it. Which does not make me correct.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is dream interpretation a gift from God or is it dangerous?
Given the fact that the complete written Word of God is in our hands, it could be dangerous to focus on dreams.

DEUTERONOMY 13
1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Nonetheless, we cannot limit God, and He can certainly still use dreams to communicate with some. The dream must be consistent with Bible truth, otherwise it is not from God.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hi Aspen.Yeah...I've had one or two. Never what I would call prophetic or anything, but clearly spiritual in nature, where God has put out his hand in incouragement or protection.

To those who wonder what the bible says on such matters....I'd start with:

For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. -Acts 2:15–18

Since we have been "In the last days" since Christ left, and will be until his return, Peter is clearly using this passage from Joel to describe how it's going to be in this interadvental period. So, while I think we need to be careful, wise and prayful about it, always seeking to check that what we see or dream is not in opposition to scripture, I don't think it's unbibilical to have spiritual dreams.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Aspen.Yeah...I've had one or two. Never what I would call prophetic or anything, but clearly spiritual in nature, where God has put out his hand in incouragement or protection.

To those who wonder what the bible says on such matters....I'd start with:

For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. -Acts 2:15–18

Since we have been "In the last days" since Christ left, and will be until his return, Peter is clearly using this passage from Joel to describe how it's going to be in this interadvental period. So, while I think we need to be careful, wise and prayful about it, always seeking to check that what we see or dream is not in opposition to scripture, I don't think it's unbibilical to have spiritual dreams.

That was prophetically spoken to Israel specifying their sons and daughters, not Gentiles.

Gentiles did not celebrate Passover.

14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a lucid dream that started with timelapsed clouds racing in the sky and me standing in an empty field with Greek or Roman ruins in the distance. I was suddenly drawn extremely close to the ruins and there was a lion sitting on top of one of the columns. He was extremely frightening and loud. I was told in my dream that the ruins were human knowledge and the lion ruled over it. Then I saw a lamb in a field next to me, which look helpless, but unafraid. I tried to yell out to the lamb, but he did not hear me. The lion pounced and killed the lamb, but was unable to eat him. He tried and tried to eat the lamb, but he could not. When he turned and noticed me, the lamb disappeared and the lion moved towards me. I was petrified and he leaped at me......but is was not to be; the lion was stopped by two strands of bobbed wire separating the fields. The wire was not even the height of the lion, but he was unable to pass. He continued to try over and over again. The dream ended when I was returned to the middle of the field I started in

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It sounds interesting @aspen If @Hidden In Him was here he could probable share with you what he sees within your dream. With some of my dreams it has been about six weeks before God shows me what it was all about.
Until then, I "ponder it in my heart".

Bless you...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a lucid dream; I was walking down an empty street in an empty town, past houses in a housing track. As I walked, I noticed a house with the front door open. I walked up to the house and knocked - no one was in the house. As I looked in, I noticed that all the furniture was arranged perfectly, but on the walls, rather than the floor. I got the feeling that I needed to put the furniture on the floor before the owner returned to his house. I was working really hard to move the furniture to the correct places on the floor, when I heard a knock on the open door - a man was standing there with a yellow slip in his hand. He asked me who was going to pay for all this furniture and I told him I didn’t own the furniture - he told me I was taking responsibility so I was was going to pay for it.

When I analyzed my dream I realized the house represented my client I was working with - the furniture was his issues and I was working harder than he was in therapy - I was taking responsibility for his issues.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was prophetically spoken to Israel specifying their sons and daughters, not Gentiles.

Gentiles did not celebrate Passover.

This was clearly the birth of the Church. The Disciples, of whom Peter was refering, and those who gathered among them and were saved that day...the Jews...became part of the Church. Remember Paul, who spent so much time breaking down that 'wall'?
It may have been spoken originally to Israel, but when Peter applied it on that day, to the fledgling Church, it became ours...to all those who would have the Spirit within them. After all...how else would anyone have such dreams and visions from God?
If you are implying that only Jewish Christians have 'dreams and visions'....there is nothing in scripture that will support that idea. We...the Church...are all one people in Christ.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was clearly the birth of the Church. The Disciples, of whom Peter was refering, and those who gathered among them and were saved that day...the Jews...became part of the Church. Remember Paul, who spent so much time breaking down that 'wall'?
It may have been spoken originally to Israel, but when Peter applied it on that day, to the fledgling Church, it became ours...to all those who would have the Spirit within them. After all...how else would anyone have such dreams and visions from God?
If you are implying that only Jewish Christians have 'dreams and visions'....there is nothing in scripture that will support that idea. We...the Church...are all one people in Christ.

Pentecost was an example but not the fulfillment. The prophecy was to all of Israel, not to just those at an event.