Eschatology - Luke 21:5-38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I’ll tell you this for sure do not believe me but seek out the answer in the Bible yourself along with secular history.

Jesus didnt tell us to notice secular history, He told us to look for certain "signs".

They are all around, and in a sequence of events never seen since Christ told us to look for the signs.

Do you remember last May 2021?
The Muslim fanatics fired over 1000 missiles into Israel, and the world blamed Israel.
Crazy.
This is a "sign".

Here is the ultimate.

"As in the days of Noah",...........
See that sign?
Thats the biggie.
What is that?
That is the return of Global sexual perversion, that God burned in Sodom, and Drowned under Noah's Ark.
See that?

Now look outside.

See the "Gay Rights". Gay Marriage. Transgender TV shows.....Gay commercials.....Gay Curriculum in public schools.. Have you noticed that 2 Homosexual males can adopt baby BOYS....and this is legal.
See all that and more?
Are your eyes open, Matthew?

That is..>"as in the days of NOAH""........as we are in those days, again..

So, you dont need history, you just need your eyes wide open to the reality of what is happening in this world, as the signs Christ spoke about, are so wide and bright that you have to be asleep in the Light, not to see them.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And they match with the stones at the surfice, Herodian stones.
IJNTWW28.jpg

ocr

I wouldn't worry about a few bricks still standing. When Jesus said you see ALL these things HERE, I'm fairly sure He was talking about ALL buildings around the world. Think about it in the context of Revelation's great earthquake and every mountain and island moved out of it's place. Or the OT stories of the earth staggering like a drunkard. I think a few of the disciples figured out the gravity, or the finality of what Jesus was pointing to.

Since there's still a few bricks standing, that means the first couple verses of the Olivet are not fulfilled yet. Because there are still many stones in place, I would agree with those that think the first couple verses of the Olivet are not fulfilled yet, but I would suggest it's something else. Something much more dire. Something much more final.

icjrmdgn011.jpg

modelgeneral01.jpg

Jesus was leaving the temple and walking away. Earlier in that day, in Luke 21, Jesus had addressed the destruction of Jerusalem when it would be surrounded by armies. Now the timeline shifts into the final destruction of earth when time is no more. The disciple who pointed out the multiple amazing buildings of the temple must have been proud, must have been in awe of the temple complex. The most glorious complex of buildings constructed by mankind on the planet at that time. In their view would have been, not just the temple, but many of the amazing buildings of the Old City of Jerusalem. The Antonia Fortress, the Royal Portico, the Theater and the two massive arch constructions. The Wilson's Arch construction by itself was an engineering marvel. It is still standing today.

wilson_arch_281.jpg

The name Wilson's Arch is also used to denote the hall that it partially covers, which is currently used as a synagogue. This hall opens towards the Western Wall Plaza at the Plaza's northeast corner, so that it appears on the left of the prayer section of the Western Wall to visitors facing the Wall.
The Arch once spanned 42 feet (13 m), supporting a bridge that carried both a street and an aqueduct.

Wilson's Arch was built as part of a bridge described by Josephus that connected the Temple Mount to the Upper City on the Western Hill; it carried a road as well as the last section of an aqueduct bringing water from Solomon's Pools near Bethlehem to the Temple Mount.

Wilson's Arch (Jerusalem) - Wikipedia

Jesus asked: “Do you not see all these things?

"Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.”​

That was the end of another long day which was spent INSIDE the temple. For everyday He was teaching in the temple, but at night He lodged on the Mount called Olivet.

Mount-of-Olives-Walking-Tour-Map.png

Once they made that familiar trip, down the temple mount, across the Kidron Valley, and up to the Mount called Olivet, the disciples must have been tired. They must have been ready for sleep time. But the seriousness of the subject sinks in with four of the disciples. They are wondering what was Jesus talking about? They are wondering was Jesus talking about something much more sinister than just the destruction of Jerusalem. Was Jesus talking about all the stones of the whole City of Jerusalem? They must have recalled the OT prophecies of the earth utterly broken apart, the earth is split open, the earth is shaken violently, the earth sways to and fro like a drunkard. Was this what Jesus was talking about with saying there would not be left here one stone upon another?

When Jesus said: "all these things, could He have been talking about every man made building on the earth?

When Jesus said: there will not be left "here", does He mean every building here on the earth?

Four disciples came to Him privately and asked when shall these things be?

"And as he sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign when all these things are about to be accomplished?”​

When we are here after the thousand years are finished, the lost are going to be brought back to life. They are going to march across the broad plain of the earth. The earth will be turned into a "broad plain".

The earth will be turned into a "broad plain" because every island and mountain will have been moved out of it's place, and every man made wall will be thrown down when the earth staggers to and fro like a drunkard. There will not be left here, on the planet, one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.

A day like no other.

"On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. It will be a unique day—a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.​

It makes me think of that Salvador Dali painting of the melting clocks.

Surreal.

Reactions: Davy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise be to God.

Let’s be kind and good to one another.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here is what the outer Wall looks like in '2022.

And below this photo are 2 photos of the Upper Room.
-
16-18.09.11.Jerusalem (113).JPG
-
16-18.09.11.Jerusalem (100).JPG
-
16-18.09.11.Jerusalem (101).JPG

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
The earth will be turned into a "broad plain".

Zechariah 14 is after Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

So, Zechariah 14 doesn't mean the temple wasn't destroyed already, it just means the Final Battle, after the Millenial Reign is yet to come:

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you believe them, who deny Messiah?

Because it is their work building that wall. It's not a Roman construction. It has nothing to do with believing them, but recognizing their own work.

But tell me, if the greatest super power in the world couldn't build it, how come jews could?

The Jews had God, at least until they were divorced and went after false Gods. The Roman's had no understanding of how to make and move stones that large.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing the two, the temple in the City of David was utterly removed and you cannot find one stone, and prophecy is fulfilled, this Herodian Stones are the Roman Fort, the only thing that wasn't destroyed in Jerusalem, was their own fort.

The Herodian stones were part of the temple area long before the city of Rome existed. The prophecy so no two stones of the temple area not being together has not yet been fulfilled.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14 is after Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

So, Zechariah 14 doesn't mean the temple wasn't destroyed already, it just means the Final Battle, after the Millenial Reign is yet to come:

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

You apparently don't understand how the Books of God's prophets are written. There are major timeline jumps that can happen. For example, in Zechariah 9:9 it's about Christ's 1st coming. But in Zechariah 9:10 it's about Christ's 2nd coming.

So just because the end of Zechariah 12 shows those mourning for Christ because He is revealed then, does not mean that actually happens prior to the Zechariah 14 events.

The Zechariah 14 events are beyond all doubt about the day of Christ's return on the "day of the Lord", which is why we are shown that "day of the Lord" battle event, which marks the specific time. And there are many other things written in that Chapter which specifically mark the time of that for after His return also.

Even Acts 1 aligns with Christ's future return of Zechariah 14, as the angels which appeared to His disciples on the Mount of Olives where Jesus ascended from, told them Jesus shall come in like manner as they saw Him ascend into Heaven. So there are too many marked events that only occur on the day of His future return, and thereafter, which are the subject of the Zechariah 14 Chapter.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello I have a question,

If Israel was still operating like it was in the Ads, before being being destroyed. Would have the same Israel if they were living today allow, outsiders into the temple? Was it is strictly for Jewish people only? Or was there ever time Gentiles could come in?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also I would believe there is also a lot of talk about the day of the Lord not only in what you cited however in the apostolic record as well, @Davy.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
timeline jumps[/QUO

Well the division of the Mount of Olives reminds me of the dividing of the red sea. They are both used to escape and flee from danger. So even if the Mount of Olives was divided, it doesn't mean it had to remain divided forever, on the contrary, the only reason it was divided in the first place was to create a way out. After that it is possible it just returned to normal, just like the red sea returned to normal, so they wouldn't be chased.

Anyways, you can tell it's a roman fort just by looking at it:
Templemount1.jpg

fort2.jpg

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus didnt tell us to notice secular history, He told us to look for certain "signs".

They are all around, and in a sequence of events never seen since Christ told us to look for the signs.

Do you remember last May 2021?
The Muslim fanatics fired over 1000 missiles into Israel, and the world blamed Israel.
Crazy.
This is a "sign".

Here is the ultimate.

"As in the days of Noah",...........
See that sign?
Thats the biggie.
What is that?
That is the return of Global sexual perversion, that God burned in Sodom, and Drowned under Noah's Ark.
See that?

Now look outside.

See the "Gay Rights". Gay Marriage. Transgender TV shows.....Gay commercials.....Gay Curriculum in public schools.. Have you noticed that 2 Homosexual males can adopt baby BOYS....and this is legal.
See all that and more?
Are your eyes open, Matthew?

That is..>"as in the days of NOAH""........as we are in those days, again..

So, you dont need history, you just need your eyes wide open to the reality of what is happening in this world, as the signs Christ spoke about, are so wide and bright that you have to be asleep in the Light, not to see them.

The problem your not seeing is that Jesus wasn’t talking to us he was talking to four of his deciples about what they needed to look for in there future.

Reactions: APAK

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem your not seeing is that Jesus wasn’t talking to us he was talking to four of his deciples about what they needed to look for in there future.

He was speaking to them but he knew the gospels would be written and read by many generations, eventually the last generation whom he was speaking about would be the generation to see the final events happen.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said that there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars.
Jesus said on the earth, nations will be in anguish, and perplexity at the roaring and the tossing of the Sea (molten sea?).
Jesus said people will faint from terror, of what is coming on the world.
Jesus said that the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
Jesus said: At that time you will see the Son of Man - coming in a c loud with power and great glory.
Jesus said When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads.
Jesus said because your redemption is drawing near.
Do you understand that all of this is a prophecy of the future, and events leading to the Second Coming of Christ?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say what you will, either the text would be correct or one desires for it to mean something thing else other than what it says my friend.

32 “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Jesus says this (one of the most debated words ever) - Truly - I tell you disciples who are with me standing in front of me listening to the answer to your question you asked: Truly I, Jesus tell you, this

generation - 38 years to 40 years worth of time - though many people may say nope. Day like a 1000, and 1000, like a day.
Life expectancy was only 35 years of age in the first century. Those 20 or above were not even expected to live another 15 years. So how do you logically use 70AD in relationship to 30AD? You realize that 3 generations could have passed away before 70AD? Not even Paul, who lived almost as twice as long as expected, who was a teenager in 30AD, did not live until 70AD. So are you saying that the babies in the audience if lucky would live to 70AD to prove your point?

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wailing wall is part of the original temple walls, and there are more stones under ground that are some of the heaviest and largest stones in the world, placed there long before Rome existed. So, there are still stones upon stones there that were there when Christ was there.
The Roman's merely added to it etc but the majority of it (the largest stone work in the middle and downward and even under ground) was Jewish construction.
Do you think that the earthquake when Jesus splits the Mt. Of Olives will be the fulfillment, and completely remove all stones even deep underground? And thus Jesus will rebuild from the foundation again?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the "big stone" you are talking about actually proves my case, because it is a Herodian stone, and it had to be moved by him, at his time. Remember Herod didn't build the temple from foundation up. What he did build was Antonia Fortress, a Roman Fort.
Is your point these are not the stones Jesus was talking about and placed by Herod after the Cross? Because that Herod died when Jesus was a toddler living in Egypt. That is why, after Herod's death, Joseph and Mary moved back to Nazareth. So if Herod put them there, and they are still there today, they have not moved for 2,022 years. If Herod did not put them there, then they were there for over 2,400 hundred years. No one has overturned them during that time.

Reactions: ewq1938

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that the earthquake when Jesus splits the Mt. Of Olives will be the fulfillment, and completely remove all stones even deep underground? And thus Jesus will rebuild from the foundation again?

I think it would be from this:

Rev 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
Rev 16:18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
Rev 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
Rev 16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

In other words this earthquake will be the biggest and worst earthquake in human history. The Valdivia Earthquake is the worst known so far rated at a 9.5. Imagine one at 1000.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
Is your point these are not the stones Jesus was talking about and placed by Herod after the Cross?

My point is, this are Herodian stones that he placed there before Jesus, because it is the Fort Antonia that he build from the foundation up. They were not destroyed because it is the Roman Fort Antonia, and not the Jewish temple. The only thing that wasn't destroyed in 70 A.D. was the Roman Fort Antonia that you see today, with Herodian Stones. The temple in the City of David was utterly removed and prophecy was fulfilled.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much everyone for making your points.