Exist in the Right Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
There is just so little teaching on this topic found in the Body of Christ, and its so very important.
-
-
The issue isn't sin, if you are born again.
The issue is SIN CONSCIOUSNESS that isn't being dealt with, correctly.

"as a man thinketh (in his heart) so IS HE".

"heart" is mind, its where you exist inside yourself....Its your THINKER.
What are you thinking about right now, reader?
What do you think of yourself, at any given time, reader?
That is WHO YOU ARE and who you are becoming.
If you see yourself as God sees you, then you become as God sees you.
Understand?
Do that, at all times..
"so as you think, you will become"... "what you think about, you will do".
As you see yourself, inwardly, is who you are, to yourself.
See yourself only as God sees you, never as some mistake you made or some unfortunate behavior would try to define you.

So, if you think about sinning, then guess what.....= you will sin again. (works of the flesh).

Paul teaches that the Law could not do 2 things...

1. It can't give righteousness, even if you keep it. Paul kept it, said he was "blameless in the Law", and yet, he was not RIGHTEOUS.

2. The Law can't remove the consciousness of sin.

So, when you think about sinning, you will sin. (works of the flesh)
If you dont think about sinning, = you dont sin. (works of the flesh)
So, its not about being in the flesh, or striving against sin.
Its about NOT THINKING ABOUT IT, because its not in your head anymore.

Paul teaches that had the old covenant been able by the sacrifice of animals been able to remove SIN CONSCIOUSNESS< then we would be free from sinning, as you dont sin, when you dont think about it.
Hebrews 10

Paul then teaches... The one time Eternal BLOOD Sacrifice of Jesus, does remove sin consciousness...and that is another glorious thing about God's Grace.
See, if God saved you and didnt give you the means to have power over sin, then what is the point?
Salvation is not just your ticket to ride into heaven, its also your deliverance from carnal behavior, sustained.

So then..>"why do Christians keep doing wrong stuff"....its because to have the effect of Grace as the removal of your sin consciousness, you have to have a NEW MIND.
This new mind is provided by being born again.
Obviously a "new creation" has a new mind as well as a born again divinely quickened Spirit.

Its known as "the mind of Christ".
So, THAT MIND, has no sin consciousness.
See it?
And you have to exist in that mind, and when you do, you are "walking in the Spirit", and then Paul teaches that "when you walk in the Spirit, you will not sin".."will not commit works of the Flesh"..
It works like this...
If you walk in the Spirit, you will be aware of Sin, and sinning.
But you wont be controlled by the desire.
This is why Paul teaches you. "use not your liberty for an occasion to the Flesh".

So, RIGHT BELIEVING...... is to understand that Jesus has your sin, and you have God's Righteousness.
There is no sin in Christ. There is no sin in God's Righteousness, and you the born again ARE MADE RIGHTEOUS.
So, the "sinning issue" is not exactly about sin if you are born again. Its about the wrong mind that has sin Consciousness.
Get out of that mind, by Right Believing, and you will find that the sinning and repenting issue, is GONE.
You will find that bondage to this past habit of sinning and confessing sin, is GONE.
Right Believing breaks bondage, and frees you.
Wrong believing, causes bondage, and controls you.

The Grace of God.....Is not just to get you into heaven, but its to get you out of the old sinful carnal MIND that you were trapped in before you were born again.
God gives you a NEW MIND, that you are to 'renew". In other words, when you keep it fully in control = it keeps you becoming fully perfected as a disciple.
In the right mind, the right believing, you have no sin consciousness.....no guilt, no condemnation, you just have PEACE with God and a sense of deep wellness.
And when you are in the old man mind, the carnal mind, you are walking in the flesh and your mind is consumed with worry, odd thoughts, sinful thoughts, anxiety, = wrong believing.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It works like this...
This is why Paul teaches you. "use not your liberty for an occasion to the Flesh".

And right there, right at this moment, when we see sin start to give it's voice in the lust of the flesh, that's when we simply turn our mind back to Jesus, knowing fully, whether that sin were to manifest or not, yet still I live unto my Creator, and He is here in me, never to leave me alone for a moment! Forever forgiven, and forever free.

And surprise surprise surprise @BarnyFife , that desire of the flesh is overwhelmed in the love of God. Nothing can ever separate us from God's love, and knowing this frees our minds to fully trust Him, and fully trusting, we stand in the fulness of grace!

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey, Behold.

I've heard this teaching before, but I can't say as I agree with it. According to scripture, the way we deal with "sin consciousness" is not by dismissing it as having been presumably forgiven, but by eliminating it out of our lives. This is apparent from several passages, but let me start here:

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 And he that keeps His commandments dwells in Him, and He in him. And hereby we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He hath given us. (1 John 3:18-24)

Now, he starts by saying we don't love in word, but by our actions, and that this is how we know if we are of the truth or not. If we are doing these things, i.e. walking in obedience, it is the means by which we shall assure our hearts (v.19). It is by keeping His commandments and doing those things that are pleasing in His sight that we receive answers to our prayers (v.22), and moreover have confidence before God that we will (v.21). And His command is not just that we believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, but that we love one another, which is the thrust of the entire passage from v.18 all the way through to v.24. This is how we will know if He actually abides in us, in fact.

So this passage teaches that it was not New Testament teaching to simply dismiss consciousness of sin, but rather that we eliminate consciousness of sin by getting it out of our lives and walking by the commandment.

God bless, and good to be discussing the word with you!
- H

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 4
1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

I don't think we are fit judges of ourselves. I mean, we know if we are lying or stealing, and maybe we are in denial over some other things, but here I think Paul is teaching that we don't judge ourselves, because we just don't know ourselves well enough. And this doesn't mean we either are, or are not justified in what we do, it just means we don't know, and Jesus will let us know.

I believe that Jesus will bring to my attention anything He wants me to attend to. So this is not a concern.

The more that is a concern to us, the less we are trusting. The less we are trusting, the more we will walk as according to the flesh.

Faith and confidence in Jesus!

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
There is just so little teaching on this topic found in the Body of Christ, and its so very important.
-
-

"heart" is mind, its where you exist inside yourself....Its your THINKER.
What are you thinking about right now, reader?
What do you think of yourself, at any given time, reader?
That is WHO YOU ARE and who you are becoming.
If you see yourself as God sees you, then you become as God sees you.
Understand?
Do that, at all times..
"so as you think, you will become"... "what you think about, you will do".
As you see yourself, inwardly, is who you are, to yourself.
See yourself only as God sees you, never as some mistake you made or some unfortunate behavior would try to define you.

So, if you think about sinning, then guess what.....= you will sin again. (works of the flesh).

Paul teaches that the Law could not do 2 things...

1. It can't give righteousness, even if you keep it. Paul kept it, said he was "blameless in the Law", and yet, he was not RIGHTEOUS.

2. The Law can't remove the consciousness of sin.

So, when you think about sinning, you will sin. (works of the flesh)
If you dont think about sinning, = you dont sin. (works of the flesh)
So, its not about being in the flesh, or striving against sin.
Its about NOT THINKING ABOUT IT, because its not in your head anymore.

Paul teaches that had the old covenant been able by the sacrifice of animals been able to remove SIN CONSCIOUSNESS< then we would be free from sinning, as you dont sin, when you dont think about it.
Hebrews 10

Paul then teaches... The one time Eternal BLOOD Sacrifice of Jesus, does remove sin consciousness...and that is another glorious thing about God's Grace.
See, if God saved you and didnt give you the means to have power over sin, then what is the point?
Salvation is not just your ticket to ride into heaven, its also your deliverance from carnal behavior, sustained.

So then..>"why do Christians keep doing wrong stuff"....its because to have the effect of Grace as the removal of your sin consciousness, you have to have a NEW MIND.
This new mind is provided by being born again.
Obviously a "new creation" has a new mind as well as a born again divinely quickened Spirit.

Its known as "the mind of Christ".
So, THAT MIND, has no sin consciousness.
See it?
And you have to exist in that mind, and when you do, you are "walking in the Spirit", and then Paul teaches that "when you walk in the Spirit, you will not sin".."will not commit works of the Flesh"..
It works like this...

So, RIGHT BELIEVING...... is to understand that Jesus has your sin, and you have God's Righteousness.
There is no sin in Christ. There is no sin in God's Righteousness, and you the born again ARE MADE RIGHTEOUS.
So, the "sinning issue" is not exactly about sin if you are born again. Its about the wrong mind that has sin Consciousness.
Get out of that mind, by Right Believing, and you will find that the sinning and repenting issue, is GONE.
You will find that bondage to this past habit of sinning and confessing sin, is GONE.
Right Believing breaks bondage, and frees you.
Wrong believing, causes bondage, and controls you.

The Grace of God.....Is not just to get you into heaven, but its to get you out of the old sinful carnal MIND that you were trapped in before you were born again.
God gives you a NEW MIND, that you are to 'renew". In other words, when you keep it fully in control = it keeps you becoming fully perfected as a disciple.
In the right mind, the right believing, you have no sin consciousness.....no guilt, no condemnation, you just have PEACE with God' and a sense of deep wellness.
And when you are in the old man mind, the carnal mind, you are walking in the flesh and your mind is consumed with worry, odd thoughts, sinful thoughts, anxiety, = wrong believing.

I enjoyed your post, ty!
Amen, we don't have to hide behind "fig leaves" anymore :)

Reactions: marks and farouk

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
we stand in the fulness of grace!

Much love!

By Grace we stand.

"Stand".

This is our standing.....Its our position "in Christ" as a Son/Daughter of God.
And what is our standing? = "born again". "new Creation".
Our standing is our eternal adoption into God's family.
"heir of God"
"joint heir of Christ".
This never ends, as its who we are become by being born again, and "made righteous".

Reactions: marks