ezekiel 38 & 39

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lizz7711

May 23, 2008
Hi there, i'm new to this forum, have enjoyed reading many of the posts! I'm not an avid prophecy student, but have read and studied enough to believe that there will be no "pre-trib" rapture, rather, perhaps pre-wrath rapture on the Day of the Lord. Anyway, i've recently been reading Joel Rosenberg's novels and book "epicenter" and he believes ezekiel 38 and 39 are coming to pass in these times. It all made perfect sense to me. But then I realized that after chapter 39 is chapter 40+, and there are several chapters going on and on about rebuilding the new temple (3rd temple in rosenberg's view) and all about how the altars for sacrifice should be built etc. and I thought, why in the world would this be referring to a "post-Jesus" temple? God would have known that Jesus had come and there was no longer any need for a temple of blood sacrifices, so why would He spend so much time telling them how to build this temple? So now i'm thinkign that ezekiel 38 and 39 must have happened already and maybe that's how the 2nd temple was supposed to have been built? Was it? Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?thanks!Lizp.s. somewhere someone posted about how WE are now the temple of God, and I totally agree with that. There does not seem to be any reason at all for a third temple to be built in Jerusalem...

Just-the-facts

May 23, 2008
It will be the fourth Temple, I don't know why everyone excludes the second Temple built during Ezra's time. The third temple was built by Herod. The fourth temple will be built by order of the anti-christ.(Daniel 9:25-27) The Prince in those verses are speaking of the last days man of sin, a prince of Israel. (Eze. 21:25-27) See "is the antichrist a Jew" in this section. The last post by me on that thread I give the evidence.You are absolutely right in coming to the conclusion that Ezekiel's temple does not fit a Temple built for Christ. Eze 45:17 And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel. This is not talking about the Prince and King of Israel for he was the final sin offering!

samy

Apr 8, 2008
liz7711, I have written that we are the temple of Christ, His body, as revealed in the NT, Eph 3 (last 4 verses); 1 peter 2:1-7; 1 Cor 3. We are the temple that will be attacked in the end times because Christ Jesus dwells in us and we are evangelizing others. samy