Flood Of Noah And The Flood Of Revelation 12:15.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Flood of Noah and the Flood of Revelation 12:15.Let's take a look at the flood of NoahGen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Gen 8:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry. Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried. Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed(H1396) upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. H1396גּברgâbargaw-bar'A primitive root; to be strong; by implication to prevail, act insolently: - exceed, confirm, be great, be mighty, prevail, put to more [strength], strengthen, be stronger, be valiant.No one got off the ark after 150 days.601st year, 2nd month, 27th day - 600th year, 2nd month, 17th day = 1 year 10 daysThe waters prevailed, raged on the earth for 150 days then started to recede. If you get off the boat after 5 months you still drown. ===Read the whole story:THE FLOODGen 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Gen 7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth. Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. Gen 7:5 And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him. Gen 7:6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth. Gen 7:7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood. Gen 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, Gen 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah. Gen 7:10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Gen 7:12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. Gen 7:13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark; Gen 7:14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort. Gen 7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. Gen 7:16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in. Gen 7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth. Gen 7:18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters. Gen 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. Gen 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. This is the first mention of "150 days."Gen 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged H7918;H7918שׁכךshâkakshaw-kak'A primitive root; to weave (that is, lay) a trap; figuratively (ghrough the idea of secreting) to allay (passions; physically abate a flood): - appease, assuage, make to cease, pacify, set.This is the second mention of "150 days," and it is another 150 not the same one we saw in 7:24.Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained; Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated H2637. H2637חסרchâsêrkhaw-sare'A primitive root; to lack; by implication to fail, want, lessen: - be abated, bereave, decrease, (cause to) fail, (have) lack, make lower, want. Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. Gen 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen. Gen 8:6 And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made: Gen 8:7 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth. Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground; Gen 8:9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark. Gen 8:10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark; Gen 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth. Gen 8:12 And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more. Gen 8:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry. Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried. 57 more days Gen 8:15 And God spake unto Noah, saying, Gen 8:16 Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee. Gen 8:17 Bring forth with thee every living thing that is with thee, of all flesh, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth; that they may breed abundantly in the earth, and be fruitful, and multiply upon the earth. Gen 8:18 And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him: Gen 8:19 Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark. Gen 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.==Gen 8:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were driedH2717 up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dryH2717. Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth driedH3001. H2717חרב חרבchârab chârêbkhaw-rab', khaw-rabe'A primitive root; to parch (through drought), that is, (by analogy) to desolate, destroy, kill: - decay, (be) desolate, destroy (-er), (be) dry (up), slay, X surely, (lay, lie, make) waste.57 days later:H3001יבשׁyâbêshyaw-bashe'A primitive root; to be ashamed, confused or disappointed; also (as failing) to dry up (as water) or wither (as herbage): - be ashamed, clean, be confounded, (make) dry (up), (do) shame (-fully), X utterly, wither (away).Now let's take a look at the "Flood" mentioned in RevelationI know PM says this is a flood of lies, but let's take a closer look at it to see what it really is and we will see that it is not lies but taxes.Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood(G4215) after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood (G4216) .Follow these two words "flood." G4215ποταμόςpotamospot-am-os'Probably from a derivative of the alternate of G4095 (compare G4224); a current, brook or freshet (as drinkable), that is, running water: - flood, river, stream, water. G4095πίνω, πίω, πόωpinō piō poōpee'-no, pee'-o, po'-oThe first is a prolonged form of the second, which (together with the third form) occurs only as an alternate in certain tenses; to imbibe (literally or figuratively): - drink. G4224πότοςpotospot'-osFrom the alternate of G4095; a drinking bout or carousal: - banqueting. BUT: G4216ποταμοφόρητοςpotamophorētospot-am-of-or'-ay-tosFrom G4215 and a derivative of G5409; river borne, that is, overwhelmed by a stream: - carried away of the flood. G5409φορέωphoreōfor-eh'-oFrom G5411; to have a burden, that is, (by analogy) to wear as clothing or a constant accompaniment: - bear, wear. G5411φόροςphorosfor'-osFrom G5342; a load (as borne), that is, (figuratively) a tax (properly an individual assessment on persons or property; whereas G5056 is usually a general toll on goods or travel): - tribute. The flood in the end days is not a "lie," although we know that there are many lies being told. The flood is taxes.Now, let's put the two together and see what we have.Gen. 7: 24, 150 Days or 5 months the flood prevailed upon the earthWhy are we told this? The flood in the end times is taxes started by the Raiser of Taxes. Will that flood "prevail" on the earth for 150 days or 5 months? The period of the locust is 5 months in Rev 9. Is this the time when the taxes are prevailing? How could that come to an end in 5 months? If the "raiser of taxes" is discovered to be a citizen of another country and not the US, every law signed into effect by that person would be null and void. but we would still be out a portion of the trillions of dollars all ready spent. So how about the shortening of time? More to come!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Please explain a couple things here 1. Noahs flood was not shortened so the fact it didnt end after the 150 days means nothing except God pointed out this 150 day period because it didnt refer to Noah's flood but the flood of the End times. Gen. 8:3 check out the word continually as related to abate. 2. The Raisers of Taxes in Daniel (11:20) comes before the Antichrist and leaves peacefully after a short periodh obviously Satan does not leave peacefully... Why would taxes come out of his mouth ... When we are told Satan is a liar not a tax raiser.P.S. about Genesis 7:24 "And the water prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days."I understand the 2 1/2 month believers say this is the first 150 days , but that is not my take and nothing in this verse indicates it is the first but the total time until the Ark rested upon the mt ( I realize the water was not gone yet ) but the Ark rested .... As God will rest after 150 days Then in gen 8:3 we have a second wittness to same 150 days with more detail in the Hebrew through the Words continually an AbateAs I said I realize Noah was not out of the ark in 150 days .....because the 150 days is not about Noahs flood its about the flood of the End times which is shortened ..... Noahs flood was not ....

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I did as you suggested and asked SD about this Here is Tea's Take on Rev. Well the verse said Potamos(G4215) would come out of his mouth, not potamophorētos (G4216).Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood(G4215) after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood (G4216).The Subject here is what?-----The Evil serpent.------Why is he evil?------- Because he is the FATHER OF LIES (John 8:44).So with that subject we understand the serpent LIES with his MOUTH, which explains what the flood is made up of ,i.e. Lies.-----------The second part explains that this RIVER, or Potamos, isn't the QUIET waters to drink from where John baptized from the Potamos Jordan (river Jordan).No this isn't just running water, that will cleanse and heal, but OVER-running water, out-of-control water.--------------------Like a TSUNAMI.--------------It carries everything with it, leaving a path of destruction everywhere.The KEY is THIS "river" or potamos has a BURDEN!---------- (see the definition of potamophorētos )G5409φορέωphoreōfor-eh'-oFrom G5411; to have a burden, that is, (by analogy) to wear as clothing or a constant accompaniment: - bear, wear.This isn't pure clean River water!This is FLOOD waters CARRYING A BURDEN.So the WATERS CARRY (or try to ) the Woman herself.So BURDEN = the Woman.G5411φόροςphorosfor'-osFrom G5342; a load (as borne), that is, (figuratively) a tax (properly an individual assessment on persons or property; whereas G5056 is usually a general toll on goods or travel): - tribute.The WOMAN IS THE LOAD!!--- (FIGURATIVELY)----Sometimes Phoros alone symbolizes some kind of burden, usually taxes, but Revelation refers the load or burden to the WOMAN, who is being carried away BY the FLOOD/Tsunami waters (made up of filthy lies).So the figure of speech is misunderstood by this reader here.--------- The first word concerns the waters itself and the second word describes the quality of the water, i.e. "burdened".Stick the word TIRE in there and the English person might understand that it is the TIRE that is the LOAD.And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood(G4215) after the TIRE, that he might cause THE TIRE to be carried away of the flood (WATERS THAT CARRY TIRES).See it makes no sense to say the waters TAXED THE TIRES!!!----That would be missing the entire action of "carrying" them.---The idea is that the waters are "burdened" with the tires.Here we have another example of the LOAD being people.Matt 24:3939 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.To say that the LOAD here is figuratively taxes would be like saying the TAXES carried the TAXES away, which makes no sense.--Nor does "the waters carried the taxes away".--- Where is the woman in this analogy? Entirely left out!!! Also, it doesn't say the "flood burdened the woman".---- It says the "burdened water carried the woman".====Really, tarnishing the pure reputation of water altogether.=====This water would be most like a TSUNAMI,or Noah's flood waters (burdened with dead carcasses). :(You won't catch me wanting to be baptized in that water! YUCK!See the Waters can't be = to taxes because the word Potamos doesn't mean taxes at all.----- Only the second part of the word has the meaning "Burden or Load".Hence the summation "Burdened Water".----Burdened by what or whom?---- The water is burdened by the Woman.--- She is the Load that is "carried".So the only conclusion is that the Water is still water (same figure applies where water = lies), and that the LOAD must be the woman, which is exactly how it is translated into English.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
QUOTE (Christina @ Mar 12 2009, 01:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70676
Please explain a couple things here 1. Noahs flood was not shortened so the fact it didnt end after the 150 days means nothing except God pointed out this 150 day period because it didnt refer to Noah's flood but the flood of the End times. Gen. 8:3 check out the word continually as related to abate. 2. The Raisers of Taxes in Daniel (11:20) comes before the Antichrist and leaves peacefully after a short periodh obviously Satan does not leave peacefully... Why would taxes come out of his mouth ... When we are told Satan is a liar not a tax raiser.P.S. about Genesis 7:24 "And the water prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days."I understand the 2 1/2 month believers say this is the first 150 days , but that is not my take and nothing in this verse indicates it is the first but the total time until the Ark rested upon the mt ( I realize the water was not gone yet ) but the Ark rested .... As God will rest after 150 days Then in gen 8:3 we have a second wittness to same 150 days with more detail in the Hebrew through the Words continually an AbateAs I said I realize Noah was not out of the ark in 150 days .....because the 150 days is not about Noahs flood its about the flood of the End times which is shortened ..... Noahs flood was not ....
The ark did not rest until after the second 150 days, when the waters, Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated, Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. I realize you want to keep coming back to the 150 as the time shortened but the 5 months period of the locust is not even in the same time frame as the flood of the last days. The flood of the last days is not even "lies" if you look at the two words used in Rev 12: 15. The second word (G4216) can easily be traced to taxes, as I showed in my study. PM is talking a lot more about the "raiser of taxes." Another number you will want to search out is 3 1/2 days. It is used twice in Rev 11. It is the time Christ was in the tomb and the time Jonah was in the whales belly. Just something to consider also. The beast that is the real bad one is the beast that kills the two witnesses, that is why I believe the 3 1/2 days is what we are looking at and not five months.Adder:This will not be the first time I have disagreed with Tea.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
But the tax raiser is not the vile person ...he preceeds him... I dont see how you are relating the two The raiser of Taxes comes first ... Then the vile person.... and taxes do not come from out of the mouth ..... I think P.M. is bringing this up because he belives Obama is the Tax raiser. Satan is the Father of lies ....

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (tomwebster @ Mar 12 2009, 07:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70696
The ark did not rest until after the second 150 days, when the waters, Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated, Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
I realize that but you are missing my point Gen 7:4 is a complete statement in itself ..... Genesis 7:24 "And the water prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days."prevailed untill what ???? the Water began to receed ...Gen 8:4 they coninually abated I see verse 8:4 as the continuation (detail) of Gen7:4 Another Words the water remained unchanged til the 150 days then it began to receed ....... Same as the world it remains the same untill the 150 days (5months) ...then what happens ...... and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abatedGen 8:4 And the ark rested I think your missing the forest through the trees .... So we have to understand the clues God gives us.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Christina, you can think whatever you want to think. I could care less. Just remember this conversation.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Im not arguing with you Im just sharing with you what I see ....I say the same you can believe what you want also.. Sorry if my attempt at conversation was not taken as such ...

Phil

Dec 18, 2020
Manchester,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is the water that pours out of the dragon’s mouth in Revelation 12:15? – End Time Prophesies

As there is nothing in the surrounding text of the verses to suggest symbolic interpretation I’m cautious to go to other parts of the Bible to draw conclusions as this will be in violation of Bible Hermeneutics. In the past, many Bible Scholars have rushed to interpret this verse in a symbolic way for no good reason. The reader needs to understand that we are presented here and in the surrounding verses with physical literal entities and not symbolic ones. The dragon is a physical entity, Satan himself that was thrown from heaven, the Woman=a physical entity (=the persecuted Church) that is escaping to the wilderness again a physical place on earth for survival. That leads us towards a literal rather symbolic interpretation. Of course, by doing so we are faced with a number of incredible questions that demand an answer: Is Satan manipulating physical quantities of water at the time of End? How does the earth opening its mouth and who is performing this miracle?
Interestingly there is another part in the Bible where God is performing a similar miracle to destroy Korah and his supporters and protect His Anointed Moses and Aaron, similar language is used in this passage as in Revelation 12:15: “and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, and all those associated with Korah, together with their possessions” (Numbers 16:32)
Also, the structure of the sentence in Revelation is interesting because it says that the dragon used water LIKE a river, it doesn’t say the dragon spewed something LIKE water but rather the actual body of water is described as a river. On the other hand, in a similar passage later on in the book of Revelation where we are when later on we read about the frog-like inspirations coming out of their mouths the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet we read: “Then I saw three impure spirits that looked LIKE frogs” you see these are not literal frogs because the word LIKE is preceding the word FROGS when compared with Revelation 12:15 the differences become obvious, there is no LIKE before water. The water has to be literal.

During the time of the End, dramatic changes take place in the world’s sources of water. We read in Luke 21:25: “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.” Also in Revelation 8:10: ” The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water” Dramatic events will take place during the last days that will affect every quantity of water and these changes will be instigated by Satan and his fallen angels.

When reading Revelation 12:15 ,16 one can not help to notice the similarities with the Exodus of the Israelites. In the same way that God used water to separate his anointed ones from Pharaoh and his army NOW in reverse order God is using the earth to swallow the waters spewed by the greater Pharaoh, Satan the dragon to save his spiritual Israelites the persecuted Church.How this will take place only time will tell

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As there is nothing in the surrounding text of the verses to suggest symbolic interpretation...
What if there were?

May I suggest a few possible interpretations? :)

The Dragon represents the Earthly Father of the corrupted Human Race. More specifically, the Dragon is that Old Serpent between the feet of every Male out there...

full

What is the so called 'Flood' spewing out of its mouth? How about a flood of ungodly men...

2 Samuel 22:5
"When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;"

Yes, the "Waters" are...

Revelation 17:15
"And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

...Seed. There you go. Waters are the Seed of the Serpent.

Look here...

full

Where does the Whore sit? On the Waters so that she may become pregnant. Gnome sayin'?

What about those Frogs that come out of the mouth of the Phallus?

Revelation 16:13
"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

What does a Spirit look like before it is born?

What does a Frog look like when it is still in the River, before it is on land?

full

What did you look like before you were born?

full

Where is that 'Flood of Ungodly Men' headed anyhow?

Oh, right. To the Moon Ovum...

full

Why does the Earth swallow the Flood?

Revelation 12:16
"And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth."

How does that work? Like this...

full

Ya dig where I'm coming from?

full

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Flood at Noah's time was literal while-it seems to me-the flood/water mentioned in Revelation are symbolic or analogies for people that are in opposition to God. Consider: Isaiah 30:20; Psalms 18:4; 32:5; 124:2-5; Revelation 17:1, 15