"For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this verse means that Jesus will reign until he has brought all mankind into his kingdom.

What does it mean to you @Truth7t7 @jeffweeder @WPM @St. SteVen @FaithWillDo @gadar
Dear Patrick1966,
Essentially your answer is correct. Once all mankind is in the Kingdom of Heaven, death and sin will be defeated and Dan 9:24 will be fulfilled:

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

After Christ has fulfilled all the goals of Dan 9:24, Christ's reign will come to an end because there is no more work left for Him to perform and therefore, no reason for Him to continue reigning (serving).

Some people will argue that Christ's reign will never end by pointing out verses like these:

Exo 15:18 The LORD shall reign for ever and ever (olam ad).

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever
(aion aion).

However, these translations are incorrect.

So what does "for ever and ever" mean anyway? Doesn't "for ever" get the job done? Why is there another "ever" added?

The reason the translators add another "ever" to the sentence is because there is another word left to account for in the original language. And because they incorrectly translated the Hebrew word "olam" and the Greek word "aion" as meaning for ever, they have no choice but to add another "ever" to the phrase to support their error.

Olam/aion only means "age" and it works quite well to always translate it that way. The problem the translators have in translating it that way is that in doing so, it will violate the teachings of the apostate church. So rather than translate it as it should be translated, they translated it to conform to their false beliefs.

The proper translation of the Hebrew phrase "olam ad" is "only for the ages".

The Hebrew word "ad", when referring to time, means "limited to" or "only until" or words to that effect. When it follows "olam" (age), it means that the presiding statement is limited to the age or ages.

As far as I know, there are no translations which translate "olam ad" as meaning "only for the ages". However, if it is not translated that way, then many verses of scriptures will contradict each other. And as you know, scripture NEVER contradicts itself.

The proper translation of the Greek phrase "aion aion" is "ages of the ages".

The YLT correctly translates it that way.

One other point to keep in mind: the teachings of scripture primarily apply to the "ages" of time which God created. Very little is taught in scripture which does not apply to the ages. When scripture wants to say that something exists outside of the ages, it will say words like "immortal" or "never ends". Scripture never uses the word "aion" to mean for ever.

Joe

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Patrick1966,
Essentially your answer is correct. Once all mankind is in the Kingdom of Heaven, death and sin will be defeated and Dan 9:24 will be fulfilled:

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

After Christ has fulfilled all the goals of Dan 9:24, Christ's reign will come to an end because there is no more work left for Him to perform and therefore, no reason for Him to continue reigning (serving).

Some people will argue that Christ's reign will never end by pointing out verses like these:

Exo 15:18 The LORD shall reign for ever and ever (olam ad).

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever
(aion aion).

However, these translations are incorrect.

So what does "for ever and ever" mean anyway? Doesn't "for ever" get the job done? Why is there another "ever" added?

The reason the translators add another "ever" to the sentence is because there is another word left to account for in the original language. And because they incorrectly translated the Hebrew word "olam" and the Greek word "aion" as meaning for ever, they have no choice but to add another "ever" to the phrase to support their error.

Olam/aion only means "age" and it works quite well to always translate it that way. The problem the translators have in translating it that way is that in doing so, it will violate the teachings of the apostate church. So rather than translate it as it should be translated, they translated it to conform to their false beliefs.

The proper translation of the Hebrew phrase "olam ad" is "only for the ages".

The Hebrew word "ad", when referring to time, means "limited to" or "only until" or words to that effect. When it follows "olam" (age), it means that the presiding statement is limited to the age or ages.

As far as I know, there are no translations which translate "olam ad" as meaning "only for the ages". However, if it is not translated that way, then many verses of scriptures will contradict each other. And as you know, scripture NEVER contradicts itself.

The proper translation of the Greek phrase "aion aion" is "ages of the ages".

The YLT correctly translates it that way.

One other point to keep in mind: the teachings of scripture primarily apply to the "ages" of time which God created. Very little is taught in scripture which does not apply to the ages. When scripture wants to say that something exists outside of the ages, it will say words like "immortal" or "never ends". Scripture never uses the word "aion" to mean for ever.

Joe

Another amazing post, Joe! Thank you for sharing!

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! That says a lot. I suppose revival is all about seeing things anew.
Dear Wrangler,
No. Only when Christ heals a believer's spiritual blindness will they be able to see "things anew". "Revival" is not something that is taught in scripture.

Do you not believe what Paul said would happen after his "departing"?

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

And that the apostasy of the church was coming?

2Thes 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except the apostasy come first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

And what John said?

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Shortly after the Apostles died, the spirit of anti-Christ devoured the church and made it apostate. Nothing has changed since that time.

Do you believe it never happened?

Joe

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It seems that some of us have escaped false doctrines.
Hi Patrick1966.

I hope you are keeping well and praising the Lord for His many blessings.
Here is my contribution to your thread.

The corruption of Christianity is a serious and complex issue that has plagued the history of the faith for centuries. Christianity, as a religion based on the teachings and example of Jesus Christ, is meant to be a source of love, peace, justice, and compassion for all people. However, throughout history, some Christians have distorted and misused the message of Christ to justify violence, oppression, greed, and intolerance. Some examples of the corruption of Christianity are the Crusades, the Inquisition, the slave trade, the colonization of indigenous lands, the persecution of minorities and dissenters, and the involvement of some churches in political and economic scandals. These actions have caused immense suffering and damage to the reputation and credibility of Christianity in the world.

The corruption of Christianity is not only a historical problem, but also a present one. Many Christians today still struggle with issues such as hypocrisy, legalism, sectarianism, nationalism, consumerism, and moralism. These attitudes and behaviors contradict the core values and principles of Christianity and alienate many people from the gospel. The corruption of Christianity is a challenge that requires repentance, reform, and renewal from within the church and from individual believers. It also requires dialogue, cooperation, and reconciliation with other faiths and cultures that have been harmed or offended by Christian corruption. The corruption of Christianity is not inevitable or irreversible; it can be overcome by returning to the authentic and original message of Christ: love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that some of us have escaped false doctrines.
Dear Patrick1966,
Yes, a "few" have escaped, but only because of the spiritual work of Christ within them. They are the Elect and are His workmanship.

Have you considered this one verse parable before:

Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

The "woman" represents the Great Harlot (a believer's "worse than the first" carnal nature). She takes leaven from Satan and hides it in "three" measures of meal (the truth of God). The number three represents a spiritual process and in this case, the process causes the believer to be made "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45).

After the Great Harlot bakes the loaf of bread, the whole loaf is leavened (Satan false truth). But since the leaven is hidden in the loaf, the believer who eats this bread does not know that it teaches "another gospel". They believe it is teaching the true Gospel of Christ. And to make matters worse for the believer, Satan's gospel is pleasing to their carnal nature so they gladly consume it without questioning it. They believe it must be true because it sounds so right.

But in the end, the believer will spiritually die after consuming the leavened bread. The believer will then begin dwelling in "peace and safety" (1Thes 5:2-3) in the apostate church (under Satan's deception), all the while believing that they are saved, when in fact, they are not. They have fallen from grace and remain under the Law. Their only hope is for Christ to "come again" to them and pour out the Latter Rain and heal their spiritual blindness.

If they are chosen, Christ will come again before they physically die. When He comes, their new spiritual vision which He gives them will reveal the Man of Sin (themselves) to them. When this occurs, Christ's judgment will fall on the Man of Sin and will destroy him in the Lake of Fire. This is the believer's moment of conversion.

If the believer is not chosen, Christ will not return to them before they physically die. They will later be resurrected to judgment with the unbelievers. At that time, Christ will say to them "I never knew you" (Mat 7:23).

This parable I explained above applies to all (100%) believers shortly after they receive the Early Rain and are called out from the world. Once in the church, Satan will feed them his leavened bread through their carnal nature. Because the whole loaf is leavened, all the teachings of the apostate church are false.

This time of being in the apostate church is called mankind's "Day of Evil". This is Satan's day when He rules mankind from "within" via the spirit of anti-Christ.

In contrast to the Day of Evil is the "Day of the Lord" when Christ rules mankind from "within" via the Holy Spirit.

Satan's "day" destroys mankind. The Lord's "day" saves mankind.

Joe

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the Great Harlot bakes the loaf of bread, the whole loaf is leavened (Satan false truth). But since the leaven is hidden in the loaf, the believer who eats this bread does not know that it teaches "another gospel". They believe it is teaching the true Gospel of Christ. And to make matters worse for the believer, Satan's gospel is pleasing to their carnal nature so they gladly consume it without questioning it. They believe it must be true because it sounds so right.

But in the end, the believer will spiritually die after consuming the leavened bread. The believer will then begin dwelling in "peace and safety" (1Thes 5:2-3) in the apostate church (under Satan's deception), all the while believing that they are saved, when in fact, they are not. They have fallen from grace and remain under the Law. Their only hope is for Christ to "come again" to them and pour out the Latter Rain and heal their spiritual blindness.

My brother, for once I'm not sure that I agree with your understanding.

I doubt that one needs to be a highly educated theologian with a perfect understanding to be saved in this temporary age or the eternal age. I believe in the loving, merciful, nature of God. I believe that those who love and follow God and love their neighbors are going to be saved, even if Satan has caused them to believe a false teaching.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that those who love and follow God and love their neighbors are going to be saved, even if Satan has caused them to believe a false teaching.
All religions outside of Christianity are false, Jesus Christ is "The Only Path To God The Father"

Your teaching in "Universal Salvation" for all, even Satan and the fallen angels is way out on left field, way out there!

Jesus Is The Lord

John 14:6KJV
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Wrangler,
All truth which saves mankind is in scripture. Since "revival" is not in scripture, it is not a step on the pathway to salvation.
Joe
How the heck did you get on the - we can only talk about salvation - track from this sentence I responded to?

The problem the translators have in translating it that way is that in doing so, it will violate the teachings of the apostate church.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Have you considered this one verse parable before:

Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
The Gospel has been spreading since antiquity.

Genesis 3:15 says, “I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

Known as the protoevangelium, or first gospel, this verse announces the curse on mankind because of Adam’s sin and God’s provision for a Savior from sin who would take the curse upon Himself.

The Kingdom of Heaven exists as a result of the spreading of the Gospel.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother, for once I'm not sure that I agree with your understanding.

I doubt that one needs to be a highly educated theologian with a perfect understanding to be saved in this temporary age or the eternal age. I believe in the loving, merciful, nature of God. I believe that those who love and follow God and love their neighbors are going to be saved, even if Satan has caused them to believe a false teaching.
Dear Patrick1966,
To be saved, Christ created a pathway we must travel to reach our salvation. It involves receiving the Early and Latter Rains from Christ.

From these gifts, Christ will reveal His truth to the believer. From this truth, the believer will come out from the Law and will come under Grace through Faith. This happens because the believer begins trusting Christ to provide all the necessary works for their salvation. In other words, the believer MUST repent of their own works. And their repentance happens because of the work that Christ does within the believer beforehand. Nothing is left to chance or to mankind's supposed "free will". Christ is the Savior and He is the One who makes our salvation happen. He is the one who gives us understanding and who causes us to repent of our works. This is the "truth" which we must receive in order to be saved. And as I said, Christ will cause that to happen, not us. We have no works to do for our salvation because Christ does them all. Because of such, we have nothing to boast about concerning our salvation.

As for all the other truth of God's Word, scripture calls it "treasure". It is not necessary to understand all things which are taught in God's Word to be saved. But when we find it, it is like finding treasure:

Prov 2:1 My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, 2 making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; 3 yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, 4 if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

With this treasure, it makes our love and faith grow stronger so that we mature from a "babe" to a "son". And like before, Christ is the one who will make this happen, too. Once we are saved, we have entered into the "rest" of Christ because we have learned to depend on Him to do all the necessary work for our salvation and subsequent spiritual growth. This is what it is meant to have a "saving faith". This is the truth we must receive.

As for loving God and our neighbors, those are some of the evidences of our salvation. Salvation comes first, then the evidence of that salvation follows in the form of works of faith.

James said this:

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

But even those works of faith are not ours to boast about. They are the works of Christ:

Isa 26:12 O Jehovah, thou appointest peace to us, for, all our works also thou hast wrought for us.

We are His workmanship. When we fully understand that truth, that truth will give us the saving faith we need to bring us to Christ and the New Covenant.

Does this make sense to you?

Joe