For The 9999th Time, OSAS (Albeit Testimony Time)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this the human describing what God is speaking, that He became?...

24 God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Don't you guys think Christology is a bit off-topic?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Him" is "me"?

Yep.

My whole life I've run into people who believe they can properly understand the whole Bible through the lens of 1 or 2 verse. Even while the Bible Itself says we cannot live but by every word that proceeds from the mouth God.

I've narrowed it down to two verses/passages, as being the primary verses that encapsulate the theme of the entire word of the Lord...

Ephesians 2:8-9 and Galatians 3:21-22.

These passages encapsulate God's view of salvation in a mighty way. I'm certain that other passages also speak on the subject; but these two passages ought to be laid as the foundation of Jesus Christ in a believer's life; as speaking of how a man is saved.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep.

I've narrowed it down to two verses/passages, as being the primary verses that encapsulate the theme of the entire word of the Lord...

These passages encapsulate God's view of salvation in a mighty way. I'm certain that other passages also speak on the subject; but these two passages ought to be laid as the foundation of Jesus Christ in a believer's life; as speaking of how a man is saved.
I never presume upon what God's view might be.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep.

I'm not quite sure how you could leave the gospel out as no one is saved apart from hearing that Jesus lived, died, was buried and raised again on the 3rd day and appeared to many bodily( in the flesh).

1 Cor 15:1-17

Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so happy for you that can earn your own salvation and make up for the deficiency of the Cross.

I am not good enough to earn it. I guess I will just have to believe on Jesus and trust that God's word is true that He can save me!
Obeying Acts 2:38 is what?

I thought water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is what the cross is all about...the remission of sins.

Peter duped me?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep.

Per your concept...

24 "God is a Spirit and me, and they that worship us must worship us...."

I just don't buy it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per your concept...

24 "God is a Spirit and me, and they that worship us must worship us...."

I just don't buy it.
Jesus is that Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17, 1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).

His humanity and His Deity are not two separate persons; but they are distinct aspects of His entire being.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is that Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17, 1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)).

His humanity and His Deity are not two separate persons; but they are distinct aspects of His entire being.
Aaah yes.

Also Romans 8 says both the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are combined as the Holy Spirit.

Not 2 Holy Spirits, but the Spirit of the Holy Father inside the Spirit of the human Christ...inside us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying Acts 2:38 is what?

I thought water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is what the cross is all about...the remission of sins.

Peter duped me?
Ab simple understanding of the Greek, if it is not just utterly ignored, would never lead anyone to such a conclusion.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aaah yes.

Also Romans 8 says both the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are combined as the Holy Spirit.

Not 2 Holy Spirits, but the spirit of the Holy Father inside the Spirit of the human Christ...inside us.

I have no disagreement with you there; for the Bible teaches that there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4).

And just as our human spirit is one with Christ as a singular spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17), so Christ's human spirit may have been one Spirit with the Father..

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a question of when a man will be sanctified wholly. In some translations, it gives the impression that you have to wait until Jesus is right there in the clouds to meet us.

If the Lord says it, it is already Accounted done.
Having believed without seeing...
We wait to See Jesus, as He is.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no disagreement with you there; for the Bible teaches that there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4).

And just as our human spirit is one with Christ as a singular spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17), so Christ's human spirit may have been one Spirit with the Father..

I disagree with your understanding.
* The Father and Son ARE "one" Spirit.
* A man is Not Joined "TO" Gods Spirit.
* A man and woman are Joined in Flesh.
* Any person Joined with Christ are Joined Bodily...marriage concept...one Body, called Christ's Church.
* ANY man Joined Bodily in Christ...are "men" Joined IN One spirit.

Read 1 Cor 6:
Who is One spirit?
He that is Joined unto the Lord.
It is not speaking of BEING Joined TO The Lords Spirit.
It is speaking of "men" being Joined together IN One spirit.
That spirit that Joins men, is the Spirit of Truth, that men receive by the SEED of God, causing the Born Again birth of a man's spirit,
It is the Same Seed every man Joined with Jesus Bodily Receive, and Why it is those men With the same One spirit.

The Father and Son are the Same one Spirit.
Gods Spirit IS His Power, Light, Brightness, GLORY, that God "gives" to NO ONE.

Gods Spirit can be upon, with, in a man....but it is Always Gods Spirit.

The Father Did Not Give Jesus His Spirit...The Father and Son, is Gods Spirit.

Men can ONLY ever Have the Reflection of Gods Spirit.

1 Cor 6:
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Isa 48:
[8] I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Waiting on him

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ab simple understanding of the Greek, if it is not just utterly ignored, would never lead anyone to such a conclusion.
Greek shmeek.

Acts 2:38 is plain English, and we cannot "Greek" our way out of it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The 2 S(s)pirits are unified as one. God inside Christ...inside us.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with your understanding.
* The Father and Son ARE "one" Spirit.
* A man is Not Joined "TO" Gods Spirit.
* A man and woman are Joined in Flesh.
* Any person Joined with Christ are Joined Bodily...marriage concept...one Body, called Christ's Church.
* ANY man Joined Bodily in Christ...are "men" Joined IN One spirit.

Read 1 Cor 6:
Who is One spirit?
He that is Joined unto the Lord.
It is not speaking of BEING Joined TO The Lords Spirit.
It is speaking of "men" being Joined together IN One spirit.
That spirit that Joins men, is the Spirit of Truth, that men receive by the SEED of God, causing the Born Again birth of a man's spirit,
It is the Same Seed every man Joined with Jesus Bodily Receive, and Why it is those men With the same One spirit.

The Father and Son are the Same one Spirit.
Gods Spirit IS His Power, Light, Brightness, GLORY, that God "gives" to NO ONE.

Gods Spirit can be upon, with, in a man....but it is Always Gods Spirit.

The Father Did Not Give Jesus His Spirit...The Father and Son, is Gods Spirit.

Men can ONLY ever Have the Reflection of Gods Spirit.

1 Cor 6:
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Isa 48:
[8] I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Glory to God,
Taken
Respectfully, I don't find all of these "spirits" in Scripture. I find only 2 of any significance: The Holy Ghost, the 3rd Person of the Godhead; and the spirits of devils, working to deceive mankind. Many times, the word "spirit" is used figuratively to describe some attitude or pattern of behavior. Sometimes it just means "breath." I don't believe the Lord intended for the word "spirit" to be such a source of confusion and contention within the church. The way some folks carry on about it is far removed from the meaning of the Greek word "pneuma" (spirit/breath) from which it is nearly always translated. I normally don't bother myself with original languages, but in rare cases it seems to ease confusion. The fanciful interpretations and mysticism that pervade the subject seem to be largely a result of Theological hobby hosemanship. I also find it interesting that the word is used extensively in the Old Testament and, yet, no one seems interested in discussing that. Too much emphasis on the word "spirit" will nearly always end in Christian-branded spiritualism.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Respectfully, I don't find all of these "spirits" in Scripture. I find only 2 of any significance: The Holy Ghost, the 3rd Person of the Godhead; and the spirits of devils, working to deceive mankind. Many times, the word "spirit" is used figuratively to describe some attitude or pattern of behavior. Sometimes it just means "breath." I don't believe the Lord intended for the word "spirit" to be such a source of confusion and contention within the church. The way some folks carry on about it is far removed from the meaning of the Greek word "pneuma" (spirit/breath) from which it is nearly always translated. I normally don't bother myself with original languages, but in rare cases it seems to ease confusion. The fanciful interpretations and mysticism that pervade the subject seem to be largely a result of Theological hobby hosemanship. I also find it interesting that the word is used extensively in the Old Testament and, yet, no one seems interested in discussing that. .

I believe NOT knowing the Truth is a cause for confusion.

Only Two spirits?
* God Is Spirit
* God has Spirits.
* Spiritual spirits never die.
* All angel's Are created spirits.
* All men have a natural spirit...via the SEED of man, and can have a new spirit...via the SEED of God...born Again in the spirit.
* A man born Again is in the spirit ... his own born Again spirit.
* A man born Again is in the Spirit...in An Agreement with Christ, often called IN Christ, Christ's Spirit reflecting on the person, called walking IN the Spirit.

Point Being God never Gives His Spirit to another. His Spirit is Always exclusively His Unto His Glory.
But Gods Spirit can BE with/upon/in a man at any time He reveals in His Word, When, How, Why....and What Spirits of God He Can, Will Give and Take Back...when, how, why.

It is an indepth study.

Zech 12:
[1] The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth thespirit of man within him.

Rom 2
[29] But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom.8

[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Too much emphasis on the word "spirit" will nearly always end in Christian-branded spiritualism

Nothing new...
People often attempt to gain a backpat for Trying to be clever, finger-pointers, label-ers, toward others.
(And in this stupified society, where people are discouraged to think what is the Truth, but just blindly follow the ignorant) ...
Ya branding happens all the time.

But the fact is:
Knowing about ones own spirit and Gods Spirit and Holy angel's spirits and fallen spirits has nothing to do with "Spiritualism", which is: a living person, communicating with a dead person, through a medium.

I've been called all kinds of untrue things, and if their ignorance prevails because another agrees based on their claim...the only thing that matters to me is the Truth.
Glory to God,
Taken

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing about ones own spirit and Gods Spirit and Holy angel's spirits and fallen spirits has nothing to do with "Spiritualism", which is: a living person, communicating with a dead person, through a medium.
Oh, but it does. Keep emphasizing "spirits" and see what happens.
I've been called all kinds of untrue things, and if their ignorance prevails because another agrees based on their claim...the only thing that matters to me is the Truth.
I don't believe I called you anything.
Thank you for participating. :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, but it does. Keep emphasizing "spirits" and see what happens.

Yes, I know, and was my point.
However...Spirit is mentioned over 650 times in Scripture...probably an important thing to Understand IMO.

I know what a Spiritualist is and Isn't.
I am not saying it applies to me or to my studying of Scriptural spirits...
And thus to me it is what the Truth is...not what Another claims.

I don't believe I called you anything.

It was a general statement...NOT inferencing you...Sorry if you got that impression.

[/QUOTE] Thank you for participating. :)[/QUOTE]

Sure.
Glory to God,
Taken