For The 9999th Time, OSAS (Albeit Testimony Time)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God became human (John 1:1, John 1:14).
Is this the human describing what God is speaking, that He became?...

24 God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Reactions: bbyrd009

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this the human describing what God is speaking, that He became?...

24 God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
God (the Father) is the Spirit who dwelt within the flesh of Jesus Christ (John 14:7-11).

Jesus often spoke of Himself in the 3rd person.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what does 'saved' even mean?" might be another interesting avenue
Be a good topic. Jesus came to save us from our sins. If we view sin as the scripture desctibes it, something that separates us from God, them to be saved is to be brought back into God's favor, although that is a very general statement and there is a great deal could be added.
ah ok then
maybe im jealous! :D
Another word for forerunner is scout... Jesus has entered into the Most Holy Place and presented Himself before the throne of God, and has returned in Spirit to comfort to us that the Father is friendly. See
KJV Hebrews 6
17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Reactions: BarneyFife

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Be a good topic. Jesus came to save us from our sins. If we view sin as the scripture desctibes it, something that separates us from God, them to be saved is to be brought back into God's favor, although that is a very general statement and there is a great deal could be added.
its funny, we hear "separates us from God" and imagine that Yah maybe cannot be in the presence of sin, as we are often taugt, or that maybe Yah is angry or disappointed in us, which is an easy sell, but imo at least Who told you that you were naked? after I was looking for you suggests a completely diff scenario

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
its funny, we hear "separates us from God" and imagine that Yah maybe cannot be in the presence of sin, as we are often taugt, or that maybe Yah is angry or disappointed in us, which is an easy sell, but imo at least Who told you that you were naked? after I was looking for you suggests a completely diff scenario
Agree. When God said 'if man sees my face he'll die' does not mean 'I will kill you'.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What undergirds your assurance of redemption?

Hi, hope all is growing in and with your relationship with Christ...

What answers and settles the question of my assurance is the fact of my death in Christ...Seeing I’m not God and only He can raise one from the dead, I rest in my death with Him...This is done in the heart by faith... The more, deeper, longer I see myself dead in Christ, the more Christ’s life can be manifested in and through me...

It is a constant reckoning myself dead deeper into Him...When my faith is weak and I act out of self disobedience is the result... My heart convicts me and I repent and as quickly as my heart allows I reckon myself dead once again, the joy and peace return and my fellowship with Him is disturbed only during the time of conviction...For to Him is our/my all...

Another proof would be the answer to the question of why Paul was accused of preaching a Gospel of “let us do evil that good may come” ...The answer to this question proves whether OSAS is
a true or false doctrine or not...

Be blessed in your walk in Christ..

A fellow believer, Not me

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first came to Christ 43 years ago my understanding of scripture and the process of salvation could have been written in bold capital letters on the back of a napkin and left enough space for the Declaration of Independence.
I knew nothing of the concept of OSAS until Christian forums became a thing 20 years later. It was only then that I asked myself questions regarding the security of my salvation. How did I know I was saved? was a question better expressed as how do I know God loves me? Over those 20 years I had experienced enough of God's care to convince me He loved me and cared for even the little things. The more I learned of scripture, the more I realised what was written was being played out in my life. I was born again years before I understood the theory. I was redeemed years before I understood the atonement. But when people started debating something I wasn't theologically familiar with, I resorted to experience and testimony. I asked myself, how was I saved? Thinking upon that gave me the answer I needed to the OSAS question.
I was saved, converted, when I came to a point in my life (prompted by a friend and convicted by the holy Spirit ) when I decided to let God make my life something He would approve of. It's more than that now: it's now a life I would want Him to declare as being very good. Like His Son's. Am I saved? Not yet. But I am in His hands. I have been justified. I am being sanctified. I will be glorified. Then, I will be saved. In the meantime, Jesus is not speaking to me in mysteries any more. The time has come that I now know not just Jesus' love, but the Father's love.
KJV John 16
25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Jesus has gone before Me and I know now I am accepted in Him by the Father. Always. I am secure in that love. Can I choose to reject that and return to where I once was without Him and without hope in this world? Sure. Love doesn't remove free will, in fact love demands it. It cannot exist without it. And such is the relationship between Father and me. I trust Him to sustain me. I can't..I dare not trust in myself... But in Him I live and move and have my being.
Praise The Lord!
That is just beautiful.
I love testimonies.
I cry at baptisms like some people cry at weddings.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another proof would be the answer to the question of why Paul was accused of preaching a Gospel of “let us do evil that good may come” ...The answer to this question proves whether OSAS is
a true or false doctrine or not...
I'm afraid I don't understand this.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid I don't understand this.

Go to God for the light, for in seeing this truth the foundation of our salvation is understood... i.e. our deaths in Christ... It is understanding, seeing into this mystery that walking in newness of life will be found...

This walking in newness of life is for all believers, but it has to be seen inwardly from the heart and only God can give such light...

Keep your true of heart and don’t stop asking, seeking, knocking, and this truth as well as others will be made alive in you...

Just don’t ever, ever, ever stop feeding that personal relationship you have with Christ.. For in that relationship will all truths be found...

A brother in the faith, Not me

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go to God for the light, for in seeing this truth the foundation of our salvation is understood... i.e. our deaths in Christ... It is understanding, seeing into this mystery that walking in newness of life will be found...

This walking in newness of life is for all believers, but it has to be seen inwardly from the heart and only God can give such light...

Keep your true of heart and don’t stop asking, seeking, knocking, and this truth as well as others will be made alive in you...

Just don’t ever, ever, ever stop feeding that personal relationship you have with Christ.. For in that relationship will all truths be found...

A brother in the faith, Not me
This is good stuff but I'm not sure how it dovetails with the comment you made about Romans 3:8.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is good stuff but I'm not sure how it dovetails with the comment you made about Romans 3:8.

They are one and the same, it itself is the answer...For Paul preached his death in Christ...For that, He was accused of preaching “let us do evil that good may come”....It is seeing how they are the same, that will answer the question about the doctrine of assurance be answered..

Such a heart that blesses God you have, by all means keep that and more and more Christ will you see, know and understand...

A fellow seeker after Him, Not me

Reactions: Waiting on him

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had many powerful thoughts and impressions that I believe came from the Lord.I've never heard a recognizable, audible voice that seemed to be God's, even in my head.
I have never heard God’s voice audibly (with my ears) either. Since I was saved and indwelled by His Spirit, I’ve heard His voice from within.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can trace Eternal Security all the way back to Scripture where it originates from.

Jesus said the following in John 10:28-29

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

hope this helps !!!
No you cannot!
Only those that are Present Tense Hearing and Following are His sheep. Jesus said so! The only security is in a Present Tense faith. The passage speaks of security for those who remain and abide in Christ, is hearing His voice, and continually follows Him. This proves conditional salvation, not any fictional Eternal Security.

The Bible does not teach it. The Early Church did not teach it. Gnostics taught it.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "eternal security" rests solely on my obeying Acts 2:38.

I have repented, been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

I am so happy for you that can earn your own salvation and make up for the deficiency of the Cross.

I am not good enough to earn it. I guess I will just have to believe on Jesus and trust that God's word is true that He can save me!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you cannot!
Only those that are Present Tense Hearing and Following are His sheep. Jesus said so! The only security is in a Present Tense faith. The passage speaks of security for those who remain and abide in Christ, is hearing His voice, and continually follows Him. This proves conditional salvation, not any fictional Eternal Security.

The Bible does not teach it. The Early Church did not teach it. Gnostics taught it.
Some folks feel that snatching themselves out is what is being described in the text. Me, I'm a little skeptical of that interpretation.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so happy for you that can earn your own salvation and make up for the deficiency of the Cross.

I am not good enough to earn it. I guess I will just have to believe on Jesus and trust that God's word is true that He can save me!
My whole life I've run into people who believe they can properly understand the whole Bible through the lens of 1 or 2 verse. Even while the Bible Itself says we cannot live but by every word that proceeds from the mouth God.

Reactions: Candidus