Get In A Bible Preaching Church!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A very rare church Pearl.
It is marksman. It isn't very big and was started in the 70s meeting in houses. Not perfect but I haven't heard of a better one.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say every Church is a Bible believing Church, otherwise why be a Church at all. When people say Bible Believing Church they mean what they believe and if it's not that way then the Church is no good
This is so true! For most of my life, I have found that it is far better to stay well away from any church that feels they have to specifically tout they are "Bible Believing/Preaching/etc.."

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is marksman. It isn't very big and was started in the 70s meeting in houses. Not perfect but I haven't heard of a better one.
I might even know the one you are talking about as I was heavily involved in that movement in the 70s.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So was the Vineyard I love so much.

I gave the Vineyard a try here in Australia because I had read some of the books written by the founder and found them very solid in content and made for a good read.

It was a fairly new vineyard and that is the sort of church I like because I can contribute to its growth which is my speciality.

However, I was very disappointed as it had very little spiritual life to it. The worship was very drooby and the preaching wasn't at all inspiring. Perhaps I was expecting too much?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never been to a Church where they said that they weren't "based on the Bible." In fact, most Churches I have been to that stress that they "only" believe the Bible, are ironically the most theologically burdened and driven Churches I know.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The teaching at my church at the moment is with the vision for us to be living out our lives as near to the blue print in Acts as possible.

Very good.

Check out Oikos Australia on FB, it's a movement to bring the church back to a simple gathering, the Ekklesia.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I might even know the one you are talking about as I was heavily involved in that movement in the 70s.
I think they used to call it the Restoration movement and was led by Bryn and Ceri Jones. Small groups started meeting in homes with solid bible teaching and living as a community as in Acts. Is that the one you mean. I have a video of Ceri Jones from Easter day which I haven't watched yet.

Reactions: Helen

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.- Matthew 24:12

Quality Christian conference and revival helps sanctify the soul and includes good bible teaching, as we don't see much of this anymore, I would look for men's hearts to continue the trek from hot, to lukewarm, to cold.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joh_12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

when men start following after Christ instead of men, than we will see something.

Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would say every Church is a Bible believing Church, otherwise why be a Church at all. When people say Bible Believing Church they mean what they believe and if it's not that way then the Church is no good

Are you saying a church/denomination that promotes liberal, postmodern theology is Bible-believing? I have lots of those around where I live but none of them is a Bible-believing church.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave the Vineyard a try here in Australia because I had read some of the books written by the founder and found them very solid in content and made for a good read.

It was a fairly new vineyard and that is the sort of church I like because I can contribute to its growth which is my speciality.

However, I was very disappointed as it had very little spiritual life to it. The worship was very drooby and the preaching wasn't at all inspiring. Perhaps I was expecting too much?
Totally the opposite here.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think they used to call it the Restoration movement and was led by Bryn and Ceri Jones. Small groups started meeting in homes with solid bible teaching and living as a community as in Acts. Is that the one you mean. I have a video of Ceri Jones from Easter day which I haven't watched yet.

Yes, I know Bryn Jones and have been to several meetings where he was the guest speaker. I was part of the church that started the restoration movement, South Chard Christian Fellowship (Sid Purse and Harry Greenwood) and then came Bryn's movement, Terry Virgo's, Roger Forster, Michael Pusey, Gerald Coates, and Micheal Harper fired up the Anglicans and there are probably more that I haven't heard of.

Reactions: Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How about, instead of the Title 'Get into a bible preaching church.'
The subject title was 'Get into a Holy Spirit Led church.' No amount of bible preaching can make up for the lack of The Holy Spirit led meetings.