Getting out of the : "sin confessing and repenting" trap.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 12:8 If God doesn’t discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all.
Amen! Hebrews 12:8 - Now if you are exempt from correction and without discipline, in which all [of God’s children] share, then you are illegitimate children and not sons [at all]. (AMP)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you just lied, so, "repent".

And the crux...
Repent...to who?
Repent ...of what?

In this case, it is an issue between men...
One man making a claim, another man lied.
No evidence, simply an accusation.
The accused man, says that is false...repent.
To who...? The man accused.
For what...? A supposed “sin” of lying to another man.
Evidence? None.

And IS a man lying to another man “A SIN”?
How so?
If one mans truth, is not the same as an other mans truth...
Is one lying?

Is every mans truth the same? No.
Men have different likes and dislikes.
Men have different EXTENTS of knowledge and beliefs.

Sin is not men against men...less a man be UNDER A LAW that specifically is a WRITTEN Statute.

IS there a Specifically WRITTEN Statute given Gentiles that says, thou shalt not lie to another man?
Wouldn’t that ^ by default require EVERY single man to have the exact same knowledge about EVERY single man....and what man IS ALL KNOWING?
AND to ADD to the confusion....the claim on behalf of an other, who themselves made no such claim.
Conundrum.

Sin IS specifically AGAINST God. And ONLY God can FORGIVE SIN.
Men forgive men of trespasses against them.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9) is in contrast to - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (1 John 1:10).

Some people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we forget a sin we are toast!" Who can write an exhaustive list of every sin they have ever committed? Sin is not only missing the mark by what we do but also what we fail to do. (James 4:17)

Believers "confess" (homologeó Strong's #3670) speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and ongoing acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness in contrast with saying that we have no sin or that we have not sinned. (1 John 1:8-10)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Hebrews 12:8 - Now if you are exempt from correction and without discipline, in which all [of God’s children] share, then you are illegitimate children and not sons [at all]. (AMP)

Yes. The Children, all Children at different stages of maturity and distance on the same path...

A POINT being, an implication of with AGE one having being traveling the path longer....(but not always the case)...
We lean back to Apostles, not because of AGE, but because of their FIRST hand personal experience with the Lord Himself.

The POINT being, correction and discipline IS shared and reflected AMONG those Children ON the same path, but whom are stumbling and not necessarily AT the SAME Distance.
Not to step on them when they stumble, but rather to take their hand and help them up. Not with brow beating, because no matter ones distance...we all started immature taking our own first step ON THE PATH.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have evidence, and to post that i dont, is not honest.

Taken, the liar wrote this....

L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d said:

"""""YOU (Behold) have committed several sins against the brethren, Behold........."""

So, WHAT SINS have i committed against anyone here?
The LIAR didn't name them as there are none.
Why? Because the LIAR is lying.

And "Behold" pointed out to the liar that this is a lie, and he needs to repent.
Which is true.

My point was’t about “YOUR” evidence of “BEING ACCUSED”.
My point was about...”WHERE was your accusers evidence”...

The same point you are making...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My point was’t about “YOUR” evidence of “BEING ACCUSED”.
My point was about...”WHERE was your accusers evidence”...

The same point you are making...

I appreciate that....
Initially that is what i thought you were saying, but, was not certain..
So, i'll delete the post i wrote to you, of course.

Reactions: Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

So many...

literally millions upon millions of born again Believers, try to stop sinning and it gets WORSE.
The harder they try to stop the worse it gets. The more they strive to be good, the more they think about sinning.
The more they try to not commit that same sin again, the more they think about committing it.

Why is that?

Its because your wrong desires, your "sin consciousness" is literally empowered by a spiritual principle to get worse when you try to resist them by self effort.
See that?
That seems backwards or upside down, doesn't it?
You would THINK that ..."if i strive more against sin, i can finally get it under control".. So you do that for years, and it does not work.

Look at these verses.. "The LAW is the power of sin". "Christ came to redeem us from the CURSE OF THE LAW".
Now here is the micro-version of that reality... Your self effort to be good, is a spiritual law unto yourself that causes literal bondage to your flesh nature.
You literally put yourself under bondage to sin consciousness when you try to not sin.
And how do you know this is true? Because that is why you can't stop.
The proof is in this reality.
2-40 yrs of confessing sin should explain to you that what you are doing isn't working at all.

So how do you stop?
You stop, you end the bondage to wrong desires, when you end trying to end them by your own willpower.

Look at this verse.. Paul said..>"CHRIST always gives me the VICTORY", over sin, the flesh, the world, and the devil.

The Christian under bondage to their carnality would write that verse as..."I am trying not to sin again, always gives me the Victory", and yet, it causes the OPPOSITE result.

Notice that Paul said that HE isn't providing the victory to Himself.......and that is where the DELIVERANCE is found.

So, you have to do 2 things to get out of the sinning, repenting, confessing, then repeat", situation, carnal lifestyle.

1.) You have to get past trying to keep yourself saved by SELF EFFORT. You have end that carnal mind, and get a renewed mind that BELIEVES that God who saved you through Christ, will KEEP YOU SAVED, = will HIMSELF complete your Salvation.

= Philippians 1:6

Once you do that, then you have resolved your faith issue that is the foundational cause of the sinning and confessing then repeat, issue.

2.) Once you get your FAITH right, you then simply rest in God's Grace and in this rest Christ will empower your deliverance and free you.

Last edited:
Reactions: charity

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are wondering why, Paul is directly telling the SANCTIFIED Corinthians, to SHUN the acts of an NON-SANCTIFIED Corinthian, whose such acts are known he sleeps with his mother-in-law?

First of all, there is no mention of shunning, or a man sleeping with his mother-in-law.
I think you quoted chapter 1. Chapter 5 (CEV) reads:
I have heard terrible things about some of you. In fact, you are behaving worse than Gentiles. A man is even sleeping with his own stepmother.[a] 2 You are proud, when you ought to feel bad enough to chase away anyone who acts like this.

v2 is advocating shunning, even if not using that word, right? v 6-8 reads
Don't you know how a little yeast can spread through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast! Then you will be like fresh bread made without yeast, and this is what you are. Our Passover lamb is Christ, who has already been sacrificed. 8 So don't celebrate the festival by being evil and sinful

Doesn't it stand to reason the only reason he told them not to sin and be evil is because these saved Christians could still sin and be evil?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I

Doesn't it stand to reason the only reason he told them not to sin and be evil is because these saved Christians could still sin and be evil?

Paul was essentially making a strong point regarding that ONE who was sexually active with His dad's new wife.
Notice that Paul does not directly describe this person as a Christian, and says that this one should not be with the Believers.
"get him out"......is talking about a situation that should not be allowed to continue in that local assembly.

No local assembly should turn a blind eye toward a known fornicator, saved or lost, who is in the building, if they know its happening.
Make them stop, or make them leave.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate that....
Initially that is what i thought you were saying, but, was not certain..
So, i'll delete the post i wrote to you, of course.

Okay. Good on same page and settled amicably. :)

Reactions: Behold

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have confused Sin Against God, which a born again man CAN NOT DO...

With trespasses Against men, which ANY man can DO.

There is a Difference.
Sin is ONLY Against God.
ONLY God forgives Sin.

God REQUIRES the Death of your Body, BEFORE He saves your soul.
God REQUIRES your repentance for having NOT believed.
God REQUIRES your true hearts BELIEVE IN the Lord God.
God REQUIRES your true hearts CONFESSION of your Belief IN the Lord God.

Men trespass Against men.
Men are taught to repent for trespassing against men.
Men are taught to ask men for forgiveness of their trespasses against men.
Men are taught and should forgive men who trespass against them.
Man IS Not required to die for other men.
Man IS Not required to Believe in other men.
Man IS Not required to Confess Belief in other men.

Every time you say to another man...excuse men, pardon me, you are asking another to FORGIVE your trespass against them.
Every time you say to another man...I’m sorry, I apologize, you are often expressing remorse for your trespass Against them.

I believe I am hardly confused. If we sin against another ,do we NOT also sin against God ?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Please explain what lie I have told and I'll gladly repent.

Your original lie that was noted also by "Taken", is that you said im harming believers, on this forum.
This is a "lie".

So, you said that, which is a lie, and proven by the fact that you posted no quote, no lame attempt as your self deceived evidence, you just stated it, as if its proven.
That is the worst sort of lie.. The one that tries to harm by false accusation.

And you'll do it again, as LIARS do these things, L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d.

Did you want to prove it again?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your original lie that was noted also by "Taken", is that you said im harming believers, on this forum.
This is a "lie".

So, you said that, which is a lie, and proven by the fact that you posted no quote, no lame attempt as your self deceived evidence, you just stated it, as if its proven.
That is the worst sort of lie.. The one that tries to harm by false accusation.

And you'll do it again, as LIARS do these things, L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d.

Did you want to prove

YOU have committed several sins against the brethren, Behold.........

Maybe you should repent, confess and ask forgiveness from God & others in your offensive attitude and your words of rejection!

Salvation is a ONE TIME EVENT in a person's life. It is a turning away from sin unto the righteousness of God. A gift accepted or rejected. Stunted growth comes from by being hung there at the cross. Jesus FINISHED the work of God at the cross, then he moved on after his D,B,& R.

For 40 days after Passover until Pentecost, he re-instructed them in his word, established their faith & cemented their calling, THEN HE RETURNED TO THE HEAVENLY REALMS!

The Word has and is going out about God's amazing love, his UNMERITED grace & forgiveness and the cross of OUR SINS he bore in death.

As a servant with your Master gone away instead of USING his talent to procure souls in RIGHT understanding & growth; have you buried your talent?

You are discouraging and do not edify other and BTW this is my quote to you in post.

See how you twist what is said to make others look bad.

A downer, not a joyful person is what you portray and your attitude IS offensive to others.

Lol
You are not alone, your companions of the same are here.

Read Takens post again. He stated to difference between sinning against God or sinning against man as sin / forgiveness.

You must have LOVED Chubby Checkers, " Twist & Shout " record !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have confused Sin Against God, which a born again man CAN NOT DO...

With trespasses Against men, which ANY man can DO.

There is a Difference.
Sin is ONLY Against God.
ONLY God forgives Sin.

God REQUIRES the Death of your Body, BEFORE He saves your soul.
God REQUIRES your repentance for having NOT believed.
God REQUIRES your true hearts BELIEVE IN the Lord God.
God REQUIRES your true hearts CONFESSION of your Belief IN the Lord God.

Men trespass Against men.
Men are taught to repent for trespassing against men.
Men are taught to ask men for forgiveness of their trespasses against men.
Men are taught and should forgive men who trespass against them.
Man IS Not required to die for other men.
Man IS Not required to Believe in other men.
Man IS Not required to Confess Belief in other men.

Every time you say to another man...excuse men, pardon me, you are asking another to FORGIVE your trespass against them.
Every time you say to another man...I’m sorry, I apologize, you are often expressing remorse for your trespass Against them.

So you DO NOT believe we sin against God when we trespass on our fellowman...............interesting!

We most certainly can sin against God, Israel did it often........lol
Grace rather than law DOES NOT keep a man from sinning. It is our love, commitment, submission and trust that keep us steadfast from committing sin.

The more ppl spout the more I see where they stand in the Word.

I'm thinking of investing in nappies & binkies..........

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the crux...
Repent...to who?
Repent ...of what?

In this case, it is an issue between men...
One man making a claim, another man lied.
No evidence, simply an accusation.
The accused man, says that is false...repent.
To who...? The man accused.
For what...? A supposed “sin” of lying to another man.
Evidence? None.

And IS a man lying to another man “A SIN”?
How so?
If one mans truth, is not the same as an other mans truth...
Is one lying?

Is every mans truth the same? No.
Men have different likes and dislikes.
Men have different EXTENTS of knowledge and beliefs.

Sin is not men against men...less a man be UNDER A LAW that specifically is a WRITTEN Statute.

IS there a Specifically WRITTEN Statute given Gentiles that says, thou shalt not lie to another man?
Wouldn’t that ^ by default require EVERY single man to have the exact same knowledge about EVERY single man....and what man IS ALL KNOWING?
AND to ADD to the confusion....the claim on behalf of an other, who themselves made no such claim.
Conundrum.

Sin IS specifically AGAINST God. And ONLY God can FORGIVE SIN.
Men forgive men of trespasses against them.

I hope others read & re-read this assessment.......THEN read it again and again!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you quoted chapter 1. Chapter 5 (CEV) reads:

Whoops, I sure did. Can I borrow your glasses?

I have heard terrible things about some of you. In fact, you are behaving worse than Gentiles. A man is even sleeping with his own stepmother.[a] 2 You are proud, when you ought to feel bad enough to chase away anyone who acts like this.

v2 is advocating shunning, even if not using that word, right? v 6-8 reads
Don't you know how a little yeast can spread through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast! Then you will be like fresh bread made without yeast, and this is what you are. Our Passover lamb is Christ, who has already been sacrificed. 8 So don't celebrate the festival by being evil and sinful

A BODY crucified with Jesus, a SAVED soul of that man, and Born Against spirit of that man, Secures the express relationship between the “WHOLE” (body, soul, spirit) of THAT one man and the “WHOLE” of the Lord God Almighty.

AND ... the remembering, the Apostles TASK...teaching all men something new and unfamiliar to them...in very few encounters.

Jews were being Taught...hey you know that messiah ... well he has arrived to SAVE you....and by the way, he is not famous, rich, nor has a walled fortress, nor an army....and part of his saving you, required you to bodily die....and we are here to tell you all about him...in a few visits and few letters....PICTURE YOU in that scenario.

And Gentiles were being Taught....hey y’all know about gods...and have heard about the Jews invisible God somewhere up in the sky? Well, we are here to teach you about His Son, and tell you...sporadically via a few visits and few letters, that God is without beginning and has an offspring without a beginning...(oxymoron)
PICTURE YOU in that scenario.

AND BTW aside from ^^ THAT....The Apostles JOB was to teach, reinforce the Lords acceptable BEHAVIORS between men...of ALL men, they being ON the same page or not.

Behaviors between and among men, are simply called PRECEPTS.
Yes, they who believe the same, congregate together....and no issue for others, the curious, the wondering, to join in and see what’s what.
It is WHEN others, joining in ATTEMPT to corrupt....or WHEN the adjoined wander off kilter....Speak up...”admonish”...and get back on track.

I do not call that SIN.
I do not believe men sin againt men, nor men forgive men of sin.
I do believe men are NOT all knowing, and men DO trespass against men, and men DO have the authority to forgive, pardon, excuse trespasses against them.

We are familiar with the 600+ “laws of the Hebrews/Tribes of Israel”...
And Jesus’ fulfilling...

WHAT is mixed WithIn what is called the “MOSAIC LAW”...
IS..precepts, statutes, laws.

IF you are a Gentile and never UNDER the Law or the penalty there of according to the Law........that applies to “the Law”.

But what about the statutes and precepts?
Precepts are behaviors between and among men...and the Apostles teach much about that....but men turn that into...SIN of man Against man....That I do not agree with.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So you DO NOT believe we sin against God when we trespass on our fellowman...............interesting!

You are apparently confusing me with someone else., as i have never made a comment to you about that, at all.

Go back and find out who that would be that you are previously talking with.... as you are lost in space, here.