Getting out of the : "sin confessing and repenting" trap.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are apparently confusing me with someone else., as i have never made a comment to you about that, at all.

Go back and find out who that would be that you are previously talking with.... as you are lost in space, here.

Stupidity irks me.
That was addressed to Taken not you.
Why do YOU think YOU are that important. Lol

Prime example.
I'd tell you to get lost but..........

I'll put you on ignore now. What you say has zero importance anymore.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
="L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d, post: 1438863, member: 18023"]
I'll put you on ignore now. What you say has zero importance anymore.

Perfect.
And feel free to leave all my Threads, (like this one) and write your own., as Trolling mine obviously isn't as much fun as you'd originally planned.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you DO NOT believe we sin against God when we trespass on our fellowman...............interesting!

A trespass is as simple as rounding a corner in a grocery store and bumping in to an other........and by your definition, that is a sin against God?

We most certainly can sin against God, Israel did it often........lol

Are you aware of what was Israel’s SIN against God?
God set their limits, via laws. They agreed to obey. They didn’t.
What is agreeing, then not obeying, but a lie?

Is that a man lying to a man?

Grace rather than law DOES NOT keep a man from sinning. It is our love, commitment, submission and trust that keep us steadfast from committing sin.

Grace is God forgiving the repentant, despite what was actually committed.
What keeps me steadfast from Committing Sin AGAINST God, IS precisely His Power IN me.
And precisely with His Power IN me (which IS His Spirit, which is Called Christ)....FOR ME TO COMMIT SIN WITH HIS Spirit IN ME by default would mean God standing against Himself, which is NOT Possible.

The more ppl spout the more I see where they stand in the Word.

The more people try to debate with little understanding, the more they reveal their lack of understanding.

I'm thinking of investing in nappies & binkies..........

Brushing off the seriousness of a spiritual conversation to irrelevant material things, simply implies you think, conclude, spiritual things with your MIND, rather than with your HEART.

It’s okay to disagree with an other, or not understand an other, you shfocus on wondering why you disagree.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just talk to God about whatever it is that is plaguing you in your life, and really let everything into his hands and rely on the spirit and use the Bible to help you maintain faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, along with the interesting promises that can be seen for us today - made into spiritual principles which stand on the already laid foundation of Christ and his apostles.

Accept the fact you are forgiven, though do not use that forgiveness to do bad things in the name of Christ, instead allow Christ to help you in your life to produce fruit which is love.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A trespass is as simple as rounding a corner in a grocery store and bumping in to an other........and by your definition, that is a sin against God?

Are you aware of what was Israel’s SIN against God?
God set their limits, via laws. They agreed to obey. They didn’t.
What is agreeing, then not obeying, but a lie?

Is that a man lying to a man?

Grace is God forgiving the repentant, despite what was actually committed.
What keeps me steadfast from Committing Sin AGAINST God, IS precisely His Power IN me.
And precisely with His Power IN me (which IS His Spirit, which is Called Christ)....FOR ME TO COMMIT SIN WITH HIS Spirit IN ME by default would mean God standing against Himself, which is NOT Possible.

The more people try to debate with little understanding, the more they reveal their lack of understanding.

Brushing off the seriousness of a spiritual conversation to irrelevant material things, simply implies you think, conclude, spiritual things with your MIND, rather than with your HEART.

It’s okay to disagree with an other, or not understand an other, you shfocus on wondering why you disagree.

Balderdash.........look the Word up.
This is what I think of this post!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Threads are open to all.

Trolls are the little imaginary ugly things under the bridge in fairytales & mythology.

Reprobate, blind, vipers and whited sepulchres now those are TRUE usable words.

I pray others see thru the darkness or better yet get the true light so as not to stumble upon the blocks being strewn in the way!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Balderdash.........look the Word up.
This is what I think of this post!

Doesn’t matter to me what you think of my posts.

It is what Scripture says that matters.....for example...(ignoring your fictional perspective)....but IN Scripture...

Ex 19:
[1] In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.
[2] For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount.
[3] And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
[4] Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
[5] Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
[6] And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
[7] And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
[8] And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do.
And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

AND, same thing I said...an agreement was made, then not honored.
AND, that is according to you ... fiction.

Nope!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
If you are sinning and confessing and repenting for years, and especially if you have been doing this since you were saved 15-40 yrs ago, then you are in a carnal mess and don't understand what is happening and has happened to you.

So, i'll show you, and you can get out of that "flesh trap".. and exist here instead. = "be ye holy as God is holy"... "Present your body a living sacrifice".
In other words, end the sinning and confessing and repenting addiction that has become your broken Faith and Discipleship.

Here is what Paul tells you.....

""""Christ is become of no EFFECT unto you, ...whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.""

Now let me teach this verse to you so that you can see the depth of this issue, and get some relief and victory.

1.) """Christ has become of NO EFFECT to you...""

Now, im talking specifically to the born again, and not the water baptized and hyper religious.
So, mark that down.

What is meant by "no effect". ?
This does not mean that you are are not saved.
It does not mean that you are not trying your best to be like Jesus.
It does not mean that you are backslidden.
It means that Christ's power has no literal influence or control regarding your behavior and discipleship.
NO "effect".

Let me ask you this...
Have you ever had a broken bone, or had a back injury, or rib injury?
If so, you know it hurts. And you know that you took some pain meds.. And the EFFECT of the meds, was RELIEF. That is the medication's relief that is its effect on the pain.
So, with Salvation, Jesus is our power to live holy.. as that is the EFFECT of Christ's power.
When this is not in effect in a believer, you are sinning and repenting and confessing and its year and years. You'll go a little while and then the same sin again.. The same sin again, or a new one, and you dont want to, but you just do it. And then you feel sick. And you tell God you are sorry, and then you do it again, maybe in a month.... maybe sooner, and you are always in a mind that is sort of on the verge of some carnal behavior. its in your head and that is "sin Consciousness".
All of this is happening to you because "Christ has become of NO Effect"., Paul teaches.

Jesus explains it like this... "Apart from ME.... you can do NOTHING".... and doing Nothing is to have no power to live HOLY or even think according to the "renewed mind."

So what is the problem?
its very simple.
You have no faith in Christ to keep you saved, so you are involved with trying to stay saved by SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS. And that means you are trying to be your own savior and there is no power of Christ found in Self Saving <> Self Righteousness..
This literally means you are existing within the mind of the flesh, "fallen from Grace".. and this carnal mind, that is not "renewed" thinks that way because you have a complete lack of belief that God who saved you, keeps you saved.
Philippians 1:6
And because you dont believe this truth, you are trying to do for yourself what only God can do and God has provided. This means, your FAITH is broken, and you are :"apart from me you can do nothing", Christ told you, and Paul teaches this as "Christ has become of no effect to you".

Paraphrase... "because you are trying to be your own savior by trying to be good, do good, and keep commandments = because you BELIEVE doing this is how you keep yourself saved, you have CUT OFF CHRIST's EFFECT, and He is blocked by your carnal mind of the flesh from being God's power to CAUSE YOU to live the holy life you are failing to live".

Saint, everything with God is Faith Based. And when your faith is wrong, your Christianity and Discipleship is upside down and will stay there until you get your MIND OF FAITH, "renewed".

See that?
That is how simple the issue is, that so profoundly effects and harms your walk with God.

Solution. ?? You have to begin to understand, TODAY, that God is your Salvation. God is your redemption, God is your Eternal life, and God ALONE Through Christ = is your only Power found.... to live the Holy Life that He requires of you.
So, how do you get that MIND, that is the RENEWED MIND. ???????

You have to turn away forever, from trying to stay saved by SELF EFFORT, and embrace God's Salvation as a GIFT that you can't lose.
"The GIFT of Salvation". "The Gift of Righteousness"
If you will come to this "renewed" mind, that BELIEVES that Jesus is the SAVIOR and you are the Kept SAVED, then God will begin to apply His Grace as your VICTORY Power to live Holy and you will start your first day of real discipleship with Christ empowering you to be ABLE to live a perfected discipleship.
Your walk with God will be CHRIST BASED instead of self effort based and you will see the result immediately and a year from now you will look back on what you were before and what you are a year from now and you will praise God for His Amazing GRACE.

Saint....until you accept that Christ is the only reason you go to heaven, and you have nothing to do with that but BELIEVE IT, then you will stay in the mind of the flesh,.... carnal, sinning, probably a bit bitter and frustrated and wont be able to stop.
Its even possible that you have come to the deceived conclusion or have been deceived by the devil's owned, that Christianity is : "well, you will sin some, so just expect it and confess"..

Christianity is not that at all., Reader.
NOT AT ALL !
Christianity is God taking responsibility on the Cross to get you to heaven, and God providing the power through Christ to CAUSE you to live HOLY till you die.

That is REAL SALVATION< it is God owned and operated and you are just the recipient who has been REDEEMED by what Christ has finished on THE CROSS.

That is REAL SALVATION... its bought and paid for by the Blood and Death of God on the Cross...that is given to you as a GIFT, that when believed correctly= will empower you to live HOLY and have spiritual power.

Accept no false substitute..

When did God die and leave you in charge of how long a saint can fall short in areas!

1 JOhn 1:9 has no expiration date and has no amount limit to it!

Jesus said we should forgive someone 70X7

Acknowledging our sin - even if one is struggling for whatever reason to be free of it, is not a trap but a grand, glorious, gracious picture of the depth of Gods love for His children! He saved everyone knowing what their sins would be after they got saved! But He saved us anyway and made us His dear children.

As Jesus said:

Matthew 12:20
A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

God only knows mercy and grace towards His children! That is not a license to sin, or an excuse to sin, but a cause for celbration and praise when we do sin, to know that sin was already judged and paid for in the person of Christ.

Believers don't relish the thought of sin, but bow our hearts in adoration of our Holy Father forgiving us already!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. A review of the exchange ...

A born again person Can Sin NO MORE.

If this is true, why did Paul tell the Corinthians to shun the man sleeping with his mother-in-law?

Behaviors between and among men, are simply called PRECEPTS.
Yes, they who believe the same, congregate together....and no issue for others, the curious, the wondering, to join in and see what’s what.
It is WHEN others, joining in ATTEMPT to corrupt....or WHEN the adjoined wander off kilter....Speak up...”admonish”...and get back on track.

I do not call that SIN.
I do not believe men sin againt men, nor men forgive men of sin.

Aren't you changing the subject from a born again person sinning to who they sin against?

I do believe men are NOT all knowing, and men DO trespass against men, and men DO have the authority to forgive, pardon, excuse trespasses against them.

Again, it's a change in subject. IF people born again cannot sin, why did Paul tell the Corinthians to shun the man sleeping with his mother-in-law?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. A review of the exchange ...

Aren't you changing the subject from a born again person sinning to who they sin against?

Again, it's a change in subject. IF people born again cannot sin, why did Paul tell the Corinthians to shun the man sleeping with his mother-in-law?

What does Paul telling the Corinthians to shun the man sleeping with his mother-in-law have to do with born again people?

What is your point?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Paul telling the Corinthians to shun the man sleeping with his mother-in-law have to do with born again people?

What is your point?
My point is your claim is debunked by this story. People saved (born again) continue to sin.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is your claim is debunked by this story. People saved (born again) continue to sin.

You debunked nothing....Nothing implies the man sleeping with his mother-in-law was born again.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything implies he was born again.

No it doesn’t.

And you pretending that is the behavior of a born again man, with the Power of God IN him is false.
You should have read the chapter....babes, fornicators, wicked, being spoken to carnally because they are not prepared spiritually.

Preachers preach to all, just as Scripture applies to all, believers, deniers, the unsure, and those in Christ. Every congregation has a mix.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does. You are pretending the idea of backsliding does not and cannot exist, which is the fundamental flaw of OSAS.

Why pretend you are qualified to speak FOR ME? You are not!

BELIEVERS absolutely CAN backslide, CAN fall away!
(There are umpteen Scripture of WARNINGS for BELIEVERS, of the dangers that they CAN fall away.)

The BORN AGAIN absolutely CAN NEVER fall away! OSAS.

LEARN the difference.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe SIN, is a mans NON-BELIEF IN the Lord God Almighty...PERIOD.
So now you have invented your own definition of sin. At this rate you could invent your own theology about everything.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you have invented your own definition of sin. At this rate you could invent your own theology about everything.

No. That is a False accusation.

You have not delved into the knowledge in Scripture and gained the understanding of the DIFFERENCE between;
TRESPASSES and SINS.

The BIG PICTURE from the OT through the NT, IS all about Human men establishing a Relationship WITH God.

ANY man Non-Believing IN God, IS AGAINST God, and IN SIN.
(Matt 12:30)

That IS SIN AGAINST God.
ONLY God Forgives SIN.
(Why do you think they wanted to KILL JESUS? Scripture TELLS US...
Jesus was MAKING HIMSELF GOD...BY forgiving men of their SINS.)

John 10:
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Luke 5:
[21] And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

Mark 2:
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

John 19:
[7] The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

Men also establish relationships. PRECEPTS; (behaviors between men)

Men TRESPASS Against each other all day long, intentionally and unintentionally.
Men Absolutely are Scripturally taught TO FORGIVE men of Trespasses.
Scripturally “IF” men forgive men of Trespasses against them;
SO ALSO, (Without asking), God will forgive Trespasses they have done against other men.

Matt 6:
[14] For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The Mosaic Law, INCLUDES:
Laws, Statutes and Precepts. (Neh 9:14)

The Law was fulfilled.
The Statutes (for a Converted man) ...( Mark 12:28-34)
The Precepts continue...Pss 119

Ask before accusing.