Getting out of the : "sin confessing and repenting" trap.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what i posted.

So, What is required that you believe, so that God accept's this faith?

Its that you understand that you are a lost , sinner........... John 3:36.........who needs to be redeemed (forgiven all your sin) .

Jesus said......"you must be born again".

Paul's "Gospel of the Grace of God", has to be heard, which allows....>"Faith comes by HEARING" that word of God., and

ALL that believe.......... Jesus said........>"i give unto you Eternal life, and you shall never perish".

See that?

You did no works and water is not found, as Salvation is the Cross of Christ, and its "the preaching of the Cross" that is the Gospel message.
So Jesus preached nothing but belief in His death burial and ressurection to obtain salvation.
Mark 16:15-16.
We the Jews who understood they have crucified, murdered their God.
Did Peter preach what you Preach?
Acts 2:38,
- Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

What would you have preached to those Jews on penetcost?
Believe only in the death, burial and ressurection of Christ.
That's not what Peter preached.
I will always go by what the Bible teaches and its examples over what someone who is not Inspired tells me.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It logically follows that we get water baptized after we believe and are saved, (Acts 10:43-47) but if someone is on their death bed and cannot get baptized before death, they are still saved because they BELIEVED (John 3:18; Acts 10:43; Romans 1:16) which is in harmony with Mark 16:16(b)..but he who does not believe will be condemned. *NOWHERE does the Bible say "water baptized or condemned."

Certainly, water baptism is an important act of obedience. Anyone professing to believe/trust in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation and yet refusing to be water baptized is of questionable sincerity. It's unthinkable that anyone who truly believes the gospel would refuse to be water baptized. I could not wait to get water baptized after my conversion and I cannot think of one Christian that I know who has refused to be water baptized after their conversion.

Water baptism would have no meaning without Christ’s death, burial and resurrection, but Christ’s death, burial and resurrection would still have meaning, even if there were no baptism. Water baptism put it in it's proper place, subsequent to salvation through faith in Christ as all works must be. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course.

Millions of Chinese have been saved, while hiding from their Government, and are never water baptized.

People in Prison, here a sermon on TV and BELIEVE, and are born again........no water found

So, WATER SALVATiON is a "cult of Mary" demonic Teaching, that originated in their Latin mistranslation of the NT.
This is found in John 3, as "born again by water".

See that?
That is a LIE FROM HELL.
As we are not "Born again by water.".......we are born again by the HOLY SPIRIT.......not water.

"baptismal regeneration" is a LIE, and billions of Catholics have been sprinkled, or actually submerged in water and told...>"there go your sins".

Well, absolutely not., as the city water supply could not save a dog or a snake.
1John 2:4,
-He who says I know Him and does not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him.

Behold teaches we can disobey God not keep His commandments and be saved.
The Bible calls those who teach this a liar and is not teaching the true gospel of Christ.

Matthew 28:19-20,
God commands we obey all His commandments, Behold so no we do not.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It logically follows that we get water baptized after we believe and are saved, (Acts 10:43-47) but if someone is on their death bed and cannot get baptized before death, they are still saved because they BELIEVED (John 3:18; Acts 10:43; Romans 1:16) which is in harmony with Mark 16:16(b)..but he who does not believe will be condemned. *NOWHERE does the Bible say "water baptized or condemned."

Certainly, water baptism is an important act of obedience. Anyone professing to believe/trust in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation and yet refusing to be water baptized is of questionable sincerity. It's unthinkable that anyone who truly believes the gospel would refuse to be water baptized. I could not wait to get water baptized after my conversion and I cannot think of one Christian that I know who has refused to be water baptized after their conversion.

Water baptism would have no meaning without Christ’s death, burial and resurrection, but Christ’s death, burial and resurrection would still have meaning, even if there were no baptism. Water baptism put it in it's proper place, subsequent to salvation through faith in Christ as all works must be. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
If saved by faith and no obedience to any of Gods commandments except belief in the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ.
Could you prove that we are saved by faith alone by refusing to be baptized?
I challenge any faith alone salvationist to go directly against all of Gods commandments only for the purpose of proving we can be saved by our faith alone.
I know no one will take me up on my challenge because faith onlyist do not have faith that their doctrine is true.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If saved by faith and no obedience to any of Gods commandments except belief in the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ.
Could you prove that we are saved by faith alone by refusing to be baptized?
I challenge any faith alone salvationist to go directly against all of Gods commandments only for the purpose of proving we can be saved by our faith alone.
The Bible clearly states in many passages of scripture that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications." (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 15:9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5; 5:1; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8; 2 Timothy 3:15; 1 John 5:13 etc..).

Now you don't need to add the word "alone" next to "belief/faith" in each of these passages of scripture in order to figure out that the words, "belief/faith" stand alone in connection with receiving eternal life/salvation. Do these many passages of scripture say belief/faith "plus something else?" Plus works? NO. So then it's faith (rightly understood) IN CHRIST ALONE.

Obedience to God's commandments (like water baptism) "follows" saving belief/faith in Christ. (Acts 10:43-48) I am trusting 100% in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation. What percentage are you trusting in? 50% in Christ and 50% in works? What about 75% in Christ and 25% in works or perhaps, 90% in Christ and 10% in works?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED logical reasoning

OSAS’er is told a severe storm is coming and if he wants to be safe he must take necessary precautionary action.

OSAS’er responds:

“I can never be unsafe no matter what. Precautionary actions don’t apply to me.”

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible clearly states in many passages of scripture that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications." (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 15:9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5; 5:1; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8; 2 Timothy 3:15; 1 John 5:13 etc..).

Now you don't need to add the word "alone" next to "belief/faith" in each of these passages of scripture in order to figure out that the words, "belief/faith" stand alone in connection with receiving eternal life/salvation. Do these many passages of scripture say belief/faith "plus something else?" Plus works? NO. So then it's faith (rightly understood) IN CHRIST ALONE.

Obedience to God's commandments (like water baptism) "follows" saving belief/faith in Christ. (Acts 10:43-48) I am trusting 100% in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation. What percentage are you trusting in? 50% in Christ and 50% in works? What about 75% in Christ and 25% in works or perhaps, 90% in Christ and 10% in works?
How about 100 percent Jesus.
How does one prove their saved by Faith in Christ.
One who does all that Jesus commands because they trust in what He teaches
Or Faith but not in all of what He taught? Only some obedience, belief but not faith in other commandments.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So Jesus preached nothing but belief in His death burial and ressurection to obtain salvation.

Paul preached that Gospel.
After : Jesus had performed it....on THE CROSS.
If you believe it, as "faith comes by hearing it", then God will see that FAITH in Christ in your heart and He will take that Blood of Jesus and wash away your sin, FIRST....and then He will take His Holy Spirit and BIRTH your spirit into HIS....
This is how we become "the temple of the HOLY Spirit".
This is to become "in Christ"....>"One with God"......'Made Righteous". a "Saint".. " Heir of God, and a Joint Heir with Jesus"...a SON/Daughter of God."

= BORN Again.

Jesus said..>"you must be born again".......and water can't do for anyone.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us(vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Some people seem to misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and if we forget a sin we are toast!

Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.
Hello @mailmandan,

Thank you for your response.

If I behave in a manner that causes offence in my daily life, I apologise. Similarly, if I have consciously behaved in a manner which is not Christ-like I apologise to my Heavenly Father, as I would have done to my Father in the flesh. However, I do not seek His forgiveness, for I know that my sins have all been forgiven, past, present and future: I simply thank Him for the forgiveness I have already received in Christ Jesus, to do otherwise would deny the truth that He has assured me of in His word.

I am a sinner saved by grace.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I simply thank Him for the forgiveness I have already received in Christ Jesus, to do otherwise would deny the truth that He has

Reader..

Notice what Charity, has posted.
Read it, carefully.
She understands that her sin is on Christ, 2000 yrs ago, and Christ's Righteousness is who she has become, as a "new creation in Christ"...>"made free from Sin".

See that?
That is the revelation that Paul teaches we are to have, always, and maintain.
This is where deliverance and victory is KEPT.
That is REAL FAITH in Christ, having no faith in self righteousness.

That is the FAITH that "pleases God".

"without faith it is impossible to please God".
See that?
Its not our work that pleases God, its our REAL FAITH in Christ, our Total Trust that HE alone is our Salvation, and we are the eternally Redeemed.

Reactions: Jim B

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and water can't do for anyone.
Agree,
No power in water itself.
Obedience to God is required to receive His grace.
By obeying Jesus' commandments we are given access to the shed blood of Christ that washes away our sins.
When does the washing away of sins by contacting the blood of Christ occur?
Paul teaches in baptism,
Acts 22:16,
- And now why are you waiting, Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins calling on the name of the Lord.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
- And now why are you waiting, Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins calling on the name of the Lord.

First of all, you're verse is not Paul teaching to be water baptized.
That is Paul giving His converstion Testamony....and it was Ananias, and not Paul who said it.

Now listen carefully...

Paul , later, was given by JESUS.. "the gospel of the Grace of God".
Paul called this ..'MY Gospel" 3x in the NT.

Ananias didn't have that Gospel Yet.. He was a saved Jew, and before Paul came, all Jews were involved with John the Baptist's water baptism.
That's Peter the JEW..... in Acts 2.

AFTER Paul was called by Christ to become "the apostle to the gentiles'....>Paul was given THE Gospel, and that is the one WE are to obey, preach, and teache.

LOOK at it here.

2 Corinthians 5:19

"The GOSPEL of the GRACE of God".. "The Preaching of THE CROSS".

"believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved".
"justification by Faith"
"you take Christ, God takes you".

Ananias didn't KNOW this Gospel yet, when He found Paul., and that is why he talks about "water"., as that is a early church Jew thing, related to the OT.

Later, Paul said..>"Christ sent me not to Baptize"...

He is showing you that this is not REQUIRED to be born again., and that is why you are to be water baptized AFTER you are saved.. AFTER you are born again... AFTER you have BELIEVED and RECEIVED "the GIFT of Salvation".

Notice in Acts 8.

Philip and the Eunuch..
The Eunuch wants to be water baptized. And Phillip tells him......You can be....""IF you have BELIEVED WITH ALL YOU HEART, first".

See that?

That is "justified by Faith". "all that BELIEVE In Jesus shall be saved"... or as Jesus said.....>"if you believe in me, i give unto you Eternal Life, and you shall never perish".

So, you are saved , born again, and then you can be water baptized.

If you are water baptized and told the water is your salvation, ..it has "washed away your sin" then you have been lied to, and you should leave that "water cult", today., and never ever go back.

Reactions: charity

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about 100 percent Jesus.
How does one prove their saved by Faith in Christ.
One who does all that Jesus commands because they trust in what He teaches
Or Faith but not in all of what He taught? Only some obedience, belief but not faith in other commandments.
Are you trusting 100% in Christ's finished work of redemption to save you (Romans 3:24-28) or are you trusting in your best efforts to accomplish multiple acts of obedience/works to save you? (Romans 4:5-6) What have you placed your faith in for salvation? Christ alone or works or both?

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED logical reasoning

OSAS’er is told a severe storm is coming and if he wants to be safe he must take necessary precautionary action.

OSAS’er responds:

“I can never be unsafe no matter what. Precautionary actions don’t apply to me.”
This just proves this poster has no clue about what people believe.

God never promised anyone would be free of safety.. what he did say is we can rest in him, that even if we are killed for our faith, our hope is in the eternal promise he gave us..

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree,
No power in water itself.
Obedience to God is required to receive His grace.
By obeying Jesus' commandments we are given access to the shed blood of Christ that washes away our sins.
When does the washing away of sins by contacting the blood of Christ occur?
Paul teaches in baptism,
That just pure legalism.

You’re depending on yourself. Not God. Who will save you

Reactions: mailmandan

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That just pure legalism.

You’re depending on yourself. Not God. Who will save you
None of self and all of thee.
That's the Hymn we sing since I was a little baby.
It would mean something if legalism actually meant something.
Its completely subjective, you are a legalist in other denominations like Hyper grace churches.
Repentance is a work that your church includes.
You therefore can be called a legalist because you bind law, 1John 3:23-24; Acts 17:30-31.
I know none of you faith onlyist's will stop all works and just use your faith alone to get to heaven.
You really dont have enough faith in your faith alone to prove you really believe you can get to heaven by disobeying God. At least the commandments your church thinks you should do.
Try not tithing in your church and see what your pastor says?
Ask him if you cannot do the work of giving and still,be saved, 1Corinthians 16:1-2 ; 2Corinthians 9:7

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you trusting 100% in Christ's finished work of redemption to save you (Romans 3:24-28) or are you trusting in your best efforts to accomplish multiple acts of obedience/works to save you? (Romans 4:5-6) What have you placed your faith in for salvation? Christ alone or works?
You cannot give an answer to my question,
-Can you have faith only and not get baptized for the only purpose of proving faith alone saves?
Matthew 28:20,
- teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you...
You can call Jesus a legalist on judgment day, since He binds all of His law on His people.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Ananias commanded Paul to call on the name of the Lord.
I know Paul was defending himself and repeating what Ananias told him in Acts chapter 22:16.
Ananias didn't have that Gospel Yet.. He was a saved Jew, and before Paul came, all Jews were involved with John the Baptist's water baptism.
That's Peter the JEW..... in Acts 2
Prove Ananias was not a born again Christian that obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold teaches we can disobey God not keep His commandments and be saved.

"Behold teaches" that water baptism is not required for God to save you.
Why?
Because God offered His Son on the Cross to save you.
Water need not apply for that position.

However, Titus......if water died for your sins on the Cross, then keep trusting in water to get you to heaven.
If it didn't then never try to add anything to the CROSS as a "addition" to be saved.
And never teach that "Cross + something....is the Gospel, or you become.... Galatians 1:8

Reader, ive spent a lot of time here for you showing you "how to spot a deceiver".
Always remember that they ADD something to the Cross as "do all that"...to be saved.
They alway add water or works, law or commandments or confessing sin, in place of "the GIFT of Salvation" who is Christ on the Cross.
Mark that person, when they teach that heresy, and you've have recognized a Dark Light

This is a Dark Light.

New Living Translation
Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness.

New King James Version
Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.

A Dark Light will always teach that Salvation has to be earned or kept, by doing works of some kind.
They will always try to make you believe that God's Salvation is only as good as your behavior.
The types do not believe that Jesus KEEPS THEM SAVED and will post verses and say anything to try to ruin your faith and cause you to believe that you can lose your Salvation.

Always find that out and you have discovered who is telling you the truth about the Cross and who is DENYING the Cross.

Reactions: charity