Getting out of the : "sin confessing and repenting" trap.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hence, the Circular Reasoning.
P1. People who sin are not born again.
P2. Person X is born again and sinned.
C. Person X is not (truly) born again because People who sin are not born again.​

That circular reasoning is Y-O-U...not O-S-A-S.

A BORN AGAIN PERSON CAN NOT SIN...

Can YOU determine IF another person IS or IS NOT born again?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can YOU determine IF another person IS or IS NOT born again?

No but I can tell when a person is invoking Circular Reasoning. ;)

Done playing.

proxy-image

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1 : 9 ""If""we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
You just disproved all of Behold's claim of not repenting of sins in one single verse. Well done.
btw, that's a lot less work than Behold did trying to convince us not to repent of sins.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Titus said:-
John 1 : 9 ""If""we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
You just disproved all of Behold's claim of not repenting of sins in one single verse. Well done btw, that's a lot less work than Behold did trying to convince us not to repent of sins.
If we say that we have no sin,
.. we deceive ourselves,
.... and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins,
.. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
.... and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned,
.. we make him a liar,
.... and His word is not in us.'

(1 John 1:8-10)

Hello @Titus,

God tells us through the Apostle Paul in Romans 6:11, to:- ' ... reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.' This is a reckoning of faith, and is all that @Behold is advocating. Nothing more and nothing less.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You just disproved all of Behold's claim of not repenting of sins in one single verse. Well done.
btw, that's a lot less work than Behold did trying to convince us not to repent of sins.

Titus, are you born again, or just water baptized and religious?

And no, water does not save you, and water does not wash away your sin.
If it did, we'd all be sinless in the Shower and Jesus didnt need to die for sin.
So, If you are just water baptized then indeed, be concerned about your sin., as you still have all of it.

But, if Jesus has died for your sin, then....."made free from sin" is true for you.
Now, you have to find out why that is,, and what that means, and who you have become, "in Christ"., so that you can exist here..:
= "Christ ALWAYS gives me the Victory"., and "i can do all things Through Christ".

Anyone with and IQ above 35, can realize that if they are "sinning and confessing" for years, and tomorrow then they are not related to, "i can do all things through Christ".

A 5 yr old can see that issue.
Can you? and others just like you on this forum?

So, My Threads, , most of them, help a real believer out of their wrong understanding and into real faith.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus, are you born again, or just water baptized and religious?

And no, water does not save you, and water does not wash away your sin.
If it did, we'd all be sinless in the Shower and Jesus didnt need to die for sin.
So, If you are just water baptized then indeed, be concerned about your sin., as you still have all of it.

But, if Jesus has died for your sin, then....."made free from sin" is true for you.
Now, you have to find out why that is,, and what that means, and who you have become, "in Christ"., so that you can exist here.."Christ ALWAYS gives me the Victory"., and "i can do all things Through Christ".

Anyone with and IQ above 35, can realize that if they are "sinning and confessing" for years, and tomorrow then they are not related to, "i can do all things through Christ".

A 5 yr old can see that issue.
Can you? and other just like you on this forum?

So, My Threads, , most of them, help a real believer out of their wrong understanding and into real faith.
The washing away of sin is signified, but not procured in water baptism. If one is depending on water baptism for salvation and not on becoming a child of God through faith in Christ, then one becomes an imposter, and is declaring, in baptism, to be what they are not.

One does not put on a uniform in order to become a soldier. Simply putting on a soldier's uniform does not make one become a soldier, but once one becomes a soldier one is then able to put on and wear the uniform that distinguishes them as a soldier.

Putting on a judge's robe does not, in of itself, make anyone a judge, but one who has been made a judge is then qualified to put on judicial robes and declare their qualifications. So too with being water baptized, the Christian puts on a robe for which they have previously been qualified to wear.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.. we deceive ourselves,
If we confess our sins,
.. we make him a liar,

Hello @Titus,

God tells us through the Apostle Paul in Romans 6:11, to:- ' ... reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.' This is a reckoning of faith, and is all that @Behold is advocating. Nothing more and nothing less.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
, end the sinning and confessing and repenting addiction that has become your broken Faith and Discipleship.
Behold said to put an end to confessing sins, end repentance.
That's unbiblical, 1John 1:9,
-If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The Inspired writer John commands christians to confess their sins. Why? So that God will forgive us of our sins.
Who are you going to put your faith in? Behold's doctrine or John?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.. we deceive ourselves,
If we confess our sins,
.. we make him a liar,

Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us(vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Some people seem to misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and if we forget a sin we are toast!

Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The washing away of sin is signified, but not procured in water baptism. If one is depending on water baptism for salvation and not on becoming a child of God through faith in Christ, then one becomes an imposter, and is declaring, in baptism, to be what they are not.

Exactly.

No Cross, no Salvation.
No Faith, no "New Creation".

We are water baptized BECAUSE we are saved already, and not to try to become so.

We dont take communion, to try to go to heaven.
We take communion because we are "seated in Heavenly places in Christ" already.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the gospel of Jesus Christ saves us no7t my works,
Romans 1:16,
Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, he that believeth and is baptized will be saved; he that believeth not shall be condemned.

No power in water to wash away sins.
The power is in the blood.
Salvation is conditional not unconditional as Reformed theology teaches.
First condition, God requires man to believe in everything Jesus did.
Also that belief includes believing in everything Jesus taught.
John 5:24,
-Most assuredly I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life.

Jesus taught to have ever life you must believe His word.
Do you believe what Jesus preached in His great commission, Matthew 28:19,
- and Jesus came and spoke to them saying,
ALL authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo I am with you always even to the end of the age. Amen.
Danthemailman, can I disobey Gods commandment to be baptized and be saved?
1Peter 3:20-21,
- baptism doth also now save us...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

There is no verse in any bible that teaches, says, or explains that to be saved you have to "believe in everything that Jesus did.""

So, Titus, thank you for making that up.
You should write your own bible.

Title it : The Titus Pipe Dream'd Revelation.

And im certain you'll share a lot more of that in your next 200 posts.

Now, here is what God says you have to do so that He'll accept you and keep you.

"""The work of God, is that you BELIEVE on/in JESUS...whom God sent'""".

"faith is counted as righteousness."

"Justified by faith, without works"

"all that believe in Jesus shall be saved"....and water need not apply. , or as Paul said..."Christ sent me not to baptize".

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no verse in any bible that teaches, says, or explains that to be saved you have to "believe in everything that Jesus did.

So, Titus, thank you for making that up.
You should write your own bible.

Title it : The Titus Pipe Dream'd Revelation.

Now, here is what God says you have to do so that He'll accept you and keep you.

"The work of God, is that you BELIEVE on/in JESUS...whom God sent'.

"faith is counted as rightouensess"

"all that believe in Jesus shall be saved"....and water need not apply.
You dont believe everything Jesus did?
We have a serious problem,
Do you believe He was born of a virgin?
Do you believe He was God before He became flesh?
Do you believe He walked on water?
Do you believe some of the recordings of His life in the Scriptures are not concrete facts?
If not you are not a true believer.
God requires you to believe that the Bible is perfect!!!
1Timothy 4:16,
-Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

Would Peter have true Biblical faith if he doubted Jesus in any way?
Mathew 14:30-31,
- But when he(Peter) saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid and began to sink,
he cried out saying, Lord save me!
- And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him and said to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt?

Do you doubt that everything that is written of Jesus is not true?
If so you are just like Peter, a man of little faith.
Can a man be saved with a little faith?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the gospel of Jesus Christ saves us no7t my works,
Romans 1:16,
Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, he that believeth and is baptized will be saved; he that believeth not shall be condemned.

No power in water to wash away sins.
The power is in the blood.
Salvation is conditional not unconditional as Reformed theology teaches.
Also that belief includes believing in everything Jesus taught.
John 5:24,
-Most assuredly I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life.

Jesus taught to have ever life you must believe His word.
Do you believe what Jesus preached in His great commission, Matthew 28:19,
- and Jesus came and spoke to them saying,
ALL authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo I am with you always even to the end of the age. Amen.
Danthemailman, can I disobey Gods commandment to be baptized and be saved?
1Peter 3:20-21,
- baptism doth also now save us...
So the gospel that you preach is "water baptized or condemned." John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of our salvation. To trust in works for salvation (including water baptism) renders Christ an IN-sufficient Savior. (Romans 4:5-6; Titus 3:5) Salvation is conditioned on faith and not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Jesus did not teach salvation by works, but by believing in Him for salvation. (John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26) If you trust in works for salvation then you don't believe the words of Jesus.

In Matthew 28:19-20, we have here a command of Christ to go and make disciples of all nations, and baptize them. However, it does not say here that baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation. The same command also includes the clause "teaching them to observe all things" that Christ has commanded. If we are to assume that baptism is essential to salvation, then by consistent interpretation of the context, we would say that absolute obedience to all of Christ's commands is also necessary for salvation, which would result in salvation by works.

In 1 Peter 3:21, Peter tells us that baptism now saves you, yet when Peter uses this phrase he continues in the same sentence to explain exactly what he means by it. He said that baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh (that is, not as an outward, physical act which washes dirt from the body--that is not what saves you), "but an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (that is, as an inward, spiritual transaction between God and the individual, a transaction that is symbolized by the outward ceremony of water baptism).

Just as the eight people in the ark were "saved through water" as they were in the ark. They were not literally saved "by" the water. Hebrews 11:7 is clear on this point (..built an ARK for the SAVING of his household). The context reveals that ONLY the righteous (Noah and his family) were DRY and therefore SAFE. In contrast, ONLY the wicked in Noah's day came in contact with the water and they all perished.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You dont believe everything Jesus did?

That is not what i posted.

So, What is required that you believe, so that God accept's this faith?

Its that you understand that you are a lost , sinner........... John 3:36.........who needs to be redeemed (forgiven all your sin) .

Jesus said......"you must be born again".

Paul's "Gospel of the Grace of God", has to be heard, which allows....>"Faith comes by HEARING" that word of God., and

ALL that believe.......... Jesus said........>"i give unto you Eternal life, and you shall never perish".

See that?

You did no works and water is not found, as Salvation is the Cross of Christ, and its "the preaching of the Cross" that is the Gospel message.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the gospel that you preach is "water baptized or condemned." John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of our salvation. To trust in works for salvation (including water baptism) renders Christ an IN-sufficient Savior. (Romans 4:5-6; Titus 3:5) Salvation is conditioned on faith and not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Jesus did not teach salvation by works, but by believing in Him for salvation. (John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26) If you trust in works for salvation then you don't believe the words of Jesus.

In Matthew 28:19-20, we have here a command of Christ to go and make disciples of all nations, and baptize them. However, it does not say here that baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation. The same command also includes the clause "teaching them to observe all things" that Christ has commanded. If we are to assume that baptism is essential to salvation, then by consistent interpretation of the context, we would say that absolute obedience to all of Christ's commands is also necessary for salvation, which would result in salvation by works.

In 1 Peter 3:21, Peter tells us that baptism now saves you, yet when Peter uses this phrase he continues in the same sentence to explain exactly what he means by it. He said that baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh (that is, not as an outward, physical act which washes dirt from the body--that is not what saves you), "but an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (that is, as an inward, spiritual transaction between God and the individual, a transaction that is symbolized by the outward ceremony of water baptism).

Just as the eight people in the ark were "saved through water" as they were in the ark. They were not literally saved "by" the water. Hebrews 11:7 is clear on this point (..built an ARK for the SAVING of his household). The context reveals that ONLY the righteous (Noah and his family) were DRY and therefore SAFE. In contrast, ONLY the wicked in Noah's day came in contact with the water and they all perished.
All you can do is misrepresent what I believe, that's sad.
I teach the gospel that saves is the gospel that obeys God.
You didn't answer my question: Can we disobey Gods commandments like baptism and be saved?
Matthew 28,
- teaching them to observe ALL things that I have commanded you

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you can do is misrepresent what I believe, that's sad.
I know what you believe because I had one time had temporarily attended the church of Christ. You believe that water baptism is absolutely necessary for salvation, so it's "water baptized or condemned" according to your gospel.
I teach the gospel that saves is the gospel that obeys God.
You didn't answer my question: Can we disobey Gods commandments like baptism and be saved?
Matthew 28,
- teaching them to observe ALL things that I have commanded you
Believers obey God's commandments like baptism BECAUSE they are saved and not in order to become saved. There is a difference between obeying a command in order to become saved (Acts 10:43) and obeying a command after we have been saved. (Acts 10:47-48)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Of course.

Millions of Chinese have been saved, while hiding from their Government, and are never water baptized.

People in Prison, here a sermon on TV and BELIEVE, and are born again........no water found

I was water baptized 11 yrs after i was born again.
I believe i've heard Sister PEARL state that her water baptism was quite a while after she was born again.

So, WATER SALVATiON is a "cult of Mary" demonic Teaching, that originated in their Latin mistranslation of the NT.
This is found in John 3, as "born again by water".

See that?
That is a LIE FROM HELL.
As we are not "Born again by water.".......we are born again by the HOLY SPIRIT.......not water.

"baptismal regeneration" is a LIE, and billions of Catholics have been sprinkled, or actually submerged in water and told...>"there go your sins".

Well, absolutely not., as the city water supply could not save a dog or a snake.