Girlfriend Diagnosed With Covid

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, my girlfriend was diagnosed with Covid this morning. She was exposed at work by a co-worker. I also now have direct exposure through her. I don't have any symptoms, at least I don't think that I do as many of the symptoms of Covid, at least the Omicron variant as some of the same things I deal with on a regular basis.

I think my tell-tale sign will be a nasty-sounding persistent cough. I cough now, but it's infrequent and due to my asthma.
Praying for you both

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Naomanos if you're vaccinated then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The chance of getting hospitalized without vaccination is slight. And with vaccination is even more slight. You should be fine!

I think I recently caught it. And I was vaccinated and could barely tell. And I have cystic fibrosis and therefore asthma.

I took ibuprofen for the body aches and headache. And I had a day of lung congestion and didn't even have to take my rescue inhaler.

Thank God for the vaccine I suppose.
I had the same when I tested positive. The worse was a headache. that lasted for a few hours

Reactions: dev553344

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling a little better. The LOA department asked me how I was feeling on Tuesday and I gave them the update that I am still coughing, chestbis still heavy and still very fatigued. Said I was going to try and come back next Tuesday. Now I may push it out another week. I tried to do some chores around the house and ended up nearly collapsing on the floor. I got heavy bodied really quick. I also had extreme joint pain.

Talked with a co-worker yesterday and she said not to rush back. Take care of yourself and get healthy.

My girlfriend was back at the ER yesterday. She wasn't herself. She was having difficulty breathing and just seemed off. She said it felt like her brain was swimming through water. I persuaded her to go back to the hospital. They checked her for clots again and that was cleared. Her pneumonia has gotten a little worse. They sent her home though. This time without antibiotics or steroids, but with a referral to see a cardiovascular doctor. They said she may be a Covid long hauler.

So, that's a bit scary!
glad I caught up to today. I was starting to feel pain for you. Glad you seem to be getting better. Will pray for you both harder. Wonder if this is the delta variant. By kids got real sick themselves and were prety bad. The latest variant seems to be extremely contagious but not as bad.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Possibly? I know I have it as well to a degree. Unable to recall words and names while talking.

I am more worried it has to do with her heart in some way. I mean they have referred her to a cardiovascular doctor and we're not entirely sure why. They wouldn't allow me to stay with her at the hospital which didn't sit well with me and I almost got trespassed because I wouldn't leave her. She needed someone to advocate for her, but because she was Covid positive as of two weeks ago, they wouldn't let me go with her, even though we have been staying together since she was diagnosed so that I can take care of her and her me (we're trying to take care of each other) and since I figured I would end up with it since we had spent lots of time together prior to her diagnosis.

Wasn't my finest moment, but I was being protective of her and several of the staff remarked that I was right to do what I did and that they agreed I should have been allowed to stay to advocate since she wasn't all there cognitively.
My sister in law got heart damage from covid when covid first came out. The clot issues and heart and ling damage is well known from covid. it seeks to attack people differently.

Make sure she gets everything checked out.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonder if this is the delta variant

Both of our doctors seem to think that it is based on our symptoms.

My sister in law got heart damage from covid when covid first came out.

I'm sorry to hear that!

Make sure she gets everything checked out.

That's the plan.

I'm not rushing back to work. I was going to try and go in for Tuesday, but I think I am going to take another week. I am basing that on today. Took my dog to the vet because he has an ear hematoma and I needed to get it checked out, and he needed his vaccinations so I can renew my lease. I just got home and am about to go lay down. The short 90-minute trip has drained me completely of energy and now I am coughing hardcore again.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of our doctors seem to think that it is based on our symptoms.

I'm sorry to hear that!

That's the plan.

I'm not rushing back to work. I was going to try and go in for Tuesday, but I think I am going to take another week. I am basing that on today. Took my dog to the vet because he has an ear hematoma and I needed to get it checked out, and he needed his vaccinations so I can renew my lease. I just got home and am about to go lay down. The short 90-minute trip has drained me completely of energy and now I am coughing hardcore again.
Get well soon brother