Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to be nice so don't try to tell me otherwise,.. but why don't you get real!? :mad:

Ok April, I'll 'get real'. It's not me supporting a man in such high office that can't take no for an answer. I'm sure you don't really condone what has gone on in the name of democracy. I hope and pray that Mr Biden can find a way to calm things down before they get any uglier.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok April, I'll 'get real'. It's not me supporting a man in such high office that can't take no for an answer. I'm sure you don't really condone what has gone on in the name of democracy. I hope and pray that Mr Biden can find a way to calm things down before they get any uglier.

Today's violence, no I don't condone but all the peaceful protesting I do and if you have a problem with that I sincerely apologise but I don't know what else to tell you. I have a right to my opinion too.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope and pray that Mr Biden can find a way to calm things down before they get any uglier

Well he didn't do it today...he antagonized the crowds and was extremely hypocritical. That's not how to win friends and influence people.

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have a right to my opinion too.

Of course you do April.

The thing is as a foreigner I don't know much about US politics and don't much care whether it's the Republicans or the Democrats who put their man (or women) in the White House. But what I have seen of Mr Trump as he canvassed and then won the 2016 election and during his tenure of the White House has appalled me that a man in such a high position - some might say the highest - could resort to the crass remarks that he has made on Twitter and his claim that he is a Christian. By their fruits the bible says and I haven't seen the right sort of fruit. I would feel just the same if a democrat had behaved in the same way.

He obviously has a large number of supporters who would like to see him serve another term but from what I've seen of some of his supports tonight is shameful and if I were one I would not condone what they have done.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you do April.

The thing is as a foreigner I don't know much about US politics and don't much care whether it's the Republicans or the Democrats who put their man (or women) in the White House. But what I have seen of Mr Trump as he canvassed and then won the 2016 election and during his tenure of the White House has appalled me that a man in such a high position - some might say the highest - could resort to the crass remarks that he has made on Twitter and his claim that he is a Christian. By their fruits the bible says and I haven't seen the right sort of fruit. I would feel just the same if a democrat had behaved in the same way.

He obviously has a large number of supporters who would like to see him serve another term but from what I've seen of some of his supports tonight is shameful and if I were one I would not condone what they have done.

Trump's charm is not in his crass remarks...it's in his production. He did a lot of things that were beneficial to America.

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well he didn't do it today...he antagonized the crowds and was extremely hypocritical. That's not how to win friends and influence people.

From what I saw on our news he tried to calm things down so I don't know how that is hypocritical. But with this mob rule he will have his hands full after his inauguration.

But I'm sure you do not condone mob rule or violence as you are a Christian.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Trump's charm is not in his crass remarks...it's in his production. He did a lot of things that were beneficial to America.
Maybe he did but he is still crass.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I would feel just the same if a democrat had behaved in the same way. ...

You don't see what your news doesn't report. Now if you KNEW the Crimes Biden has committed, versus the Accusations leveled against Trump, -- you might see which is which.

And it seems you don't wish to know, otherwise you do the research to find out. -- But sheeple will be sheeple.

With Very Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I saw on our news he tried to calm things down so I don't know how that is hypocritical. But with this mob rule he will have his hands full after his inauguration.

But I'm sure you do not condone mob rule or violence as you are a Christian.

You don't tell a mob that they are wrong when you won by the thinnest of margins.

It's like on here if you tell someone that they are wrong...they aren't going to admit it and go on...they get stubborn and continue on with their designated path.

On top of this... during the debates he was asked to condemn the months long riots in cities by BLM and flatly refused.

Now there are riots opposing him specifically and he can't even be a little bit conciliatory.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I'm sure you do not condone ... violence as you are a Christian.

Jesus not only CONDONED VIOLENCE but INITIATED VIOLENCE by fashioning a whip and overturn the money changer tables. It's too bad that Jesus wasn't acting like a "Christian". :rolleyes:

Makes us NOT want to be like Jesus. :confused:
Bobby Jo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You don't tell a mob that they are wrong when you won by the thinnest of margins.

It's like on here if you tell someone that they are wrong...they aren't going to admit it and go on...they get stubborn and continue on with their designated path.

On top of this... during the debates he was asked to condemn the months long riots in cities by BLM and flatly refused.

Now there are riots opposing him specifically and he can't even be a little bit conciliatory.

So are you saying you condone the violence?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hurray! Trump and his supporters finally have to accept what has been apparent all along - Biden won the election. Biden will be the next US president. This whole circus stirred up by the Orange One himself has been a fiasco when seen from this side of the Atlantic. Christians supporting this kind of mob rule should be ashamed. Can you really see Jesus in the middle of that lot?

Pearl, if you believe in this, then you would have been absolutely opposed to the formation of the United States of America. Thousands died in the War of Independence. This is just a silly demonstration where no one has even been seriously hurt, LoL. :rolleyes:

And of course you think Jesus has nothing to do with America and its founding. No one there is going to tell you anything otherwise. But it's a tremendous disappointment that yet another supposed sister in the Lord appears to care only about her own country and her own fellow countrymen and not others.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here since this video was removed from his Twitter account for some strange reason.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl, if you believe in this, then you would have been absolutely opposed to the formation of the United States of America. Thousands died in the War of Independence. This is just a silly demonstration where no one has even been seriously hurt, LoL. :rolleyes:

And of course you think Jesus has nothing to do with America and its founding. No one there is going to tell you anything otherwise. But it's a tremendous disappointment that yet another supposed sister in the Lord appears to care only about her own country and her own fellow countrymen and not others.

I really don't know how you can interpret my post in such a way. Perhaps you didn't read it properly. Where did I say that Jesus has nothing to do with America. You made that up.

It is not just a silly demonstration and if you think that's all it is then you perhaps need new glasses. I just read a woman has been killed.

And which sister are you talking about? And if you mean me then again, how did you get that from my post?

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Did you see them on the news storming the building which then had to be evacuated because of those 'decent people of character'?
Do you mean those anitifa thugs that out on trump hats and flags pretending to be patriots. Those ones that stormed into the capitol. The same ones by the way that cause destruction and violence last night in DC. Those people?

Reactions: teamventure