God's Anointed Bible Prophecy Teachers All say the Rapture is very Near!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ecclesiastes 12:6 "Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern."

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it."

Dust is not who we are,we only hang out in it.

Luke 16:22 "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom the rich man also died, and was buried;"

Lazarus was carried into heaven by the angels of God, while the rich man's body was buried in the ground and his soul went to Hades, the holding place before being destroyed by hell fire.

Luke 16:23 "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."

This is a parable about two men that actually lived, and when both died, the rich man could see Lazarus in heaven with Abraham. He could look across that great gulf that stood between them, but could not go there. Our Heavenly Father is the Father of the living and not the dead. Thus to be absent from this physical body of the flesh is to be present with the Lord. The soul does not go to the grave as the flesh does, but goes immediate to heaven. Those that did not overcome cannot be with those that overcame in this earth age, for they are separated. All souls can actually see the throne of God from where they are. Those that are on the rich man's side are being held for that great judgment day.

Luke 16:24 "And he cried and said, `Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' "

There is no flame there yet, but there will be after Judgment day. God doesn't burn anybody until after judgment day. This rich man had everything that he wanted, but here in heaven, he can't even afford one drop of water. The role is switched here in heaven, for now Lazarus has the comfort of heaven, and the rich man has nothing, not even comfort.

Luke 16:25 "But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivest thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."

Life has it's payday, and this is the rich man's time.

Luke 16:26 "And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.' "

"Between us that over came, and you that did not overcome, there is a great gulf fixed." That gulf is so fixed that even though one side can see the other side, there is no way to pass between. We can't go your way and you can't come our way. Luke is making the entire clear that you set your course in this life of the flesh, and when your soul passes into the next life, there is no changing what you have done in this life. This gulf or chasm is from the Greek "Chasma"; It means "an impassable interval". The interval is of time and space. This is telling us that if you die hell bound and enter into that other dimension, there is no way that you can reenter back into this dimension again. What ever side of the gulf you are on when you die, that is the side you stay until judgment day.
"(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)" 2 Corinthians 6.2

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Satan's scumbag predators all say the rapture is near maybe. One big neon sign I guess--besides a dismal charity-watch rating--will be a Personal Jet, the absolute most efficient way to dump carbon into the atmosphere

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes as that's where the flesh,ie dirt came from,and that's where it(dirt)shall stay,for at death we don't need that no more
At the resurrection the bodies of the saints will be reconstituted and glorified.

The bodies of the damned will go into the lake of fire.

All will be rejoined with their spirits. The Saints coming from heaven and the damned from hell.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
At the resurrection the bodies of the saints will be reconstituted and glorified.

All will be rejoined with their spirits. The Saints coming from heaven and the damned from hell.
This will all happen at the Great White Throne Judgment, after the Millennium.
ONLY the Tribulation martyrs, who include the 2 Witnesses, will be resurrected before that. Revelation 20:4

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You make no sense.
No? Okay...let me try and simplify it by asking you a question. You...and the 'teachers' above claim, for example, that signs such as increased earthquakes and diseases and false Christs tell us we are at "boiling point", right?
But does the bible at any point give us any indication of what LEVEL these signs need to hit? If you are saying it is 'boiling point', you are saying there is no ability to get "hotter"...boiling point is IT.
My point is that it most certainly CAN get worse...all those things could yet increase, and do so for years and years. We have no real way of knowing just how bad it could get, how worldwide, and therefore what God himself, considers 'boiling point'. If 'birth pangs' are a sliding scale with hardly noticable down one end and boiling point at the end, except we've not really been told what particular temperature might BE boiling point, then everything just becomes a guess. You simply cannot accurately plot a point on this scale in regards to where we are if you cannot know that end point.
So, my question is this; can you show me any scriptures that comprehensively gives us God's 'boiling point'? Can you in anyway show that this IS as bad as it will get?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No? Okay...let me try and simplify it by asking you a question. You...and the 'teachers' above claim, for example, that signs such as increased earthquakes and diseases and false Christs tell us we are at "boiling point", right?
But does the bible at any point give us any indication of what LEVEL these signs need to hit? If you are saying it is 'boiling point', you are saying there is no ability to get "hotter"...boiling point is IT.
My point is that it most certainly CAN get worse...all those things could yet increase, and do so for years and years. We have no real way of knowing just how bad it could get, how worldwide, and therefore what God himself, considers 'boiling point'. If 'birth pangs' are a sliding scale with hardly noticable down one end and boiling point at the end, except we've not really been told what particular temperature might BE boiling point, then everything just becomes a guess. You simply cannot accurately plot a point on this scale in regards to where we are if you cannot know that end point.
So, my question is this; can you show me any scriptures that comprehensively gives us God's 'boiling point'? Can you in anyway show that this IS as bad as it will get?

Another amillennial argument.

When we see them all fulfill her dream fulfilled.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another amillennial argument.

When we see them all fulfill her dream fulfilled.
And you say I don't make sense.
Slapping down an argument just because you put 'amillennial' in front of it, doesn't prove or disprove anything. You say you've studied for years? That you know more than I? Well...I keep giving you chances to prove it, but you like letting them slide. Makes you wonder.
Can you, or can you not, give me the verses I asked for?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you say I don't make sense.
Slapping down an argument just because you put 'amillennial' in front of it, doesn't prove or disprove anything. You say you've studied for years? That you know more than I? Well...I keep giving you chances to prove it, but you like letting them slide. Makes you wonder.
Can you, or can you not, give me the verses I asked for?

No, because you spin everything.

Too many times I made extensive posts to only have you reject them out of hand.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

We don't , nor will we need that dirt anymore,why is it people can't understand what Paul was saying.

Your spirit is you !!!The flesh ,dirt is what we hung out in.

Lets let Paul tell it.

I Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, "How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?"

Paul is now going to tell us what happens and we bury them in the ground. Pay attention so that you will understand and there will be no confusion. So if you believe in the resurrection, than how does it happen? Where does it take place, and with what body does the dead rise?

We are talking about the physical body and it's change. In other words, what happens to the flesh after death, and the soul after it has departed from the body?

I Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:"

It is important to understand the word "quickened", Remember in verse 22 Paul stated; "in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive." This Greek word for "quickened" is the same Greek word for the "coming alive". It means that all, sinners and saints are made alive through Christ. It doesn't mean that the soul is raised to eternal life, for the soul is not the subject here, but the question is what happens to the physical body?

It means to "revitalize" [# 2227 in Strong's] the soul, and become conscience and ready for judgment. This doesn't mean that all souls are saved, but that all souls are given life to continue as they were. If that soul was lost, it will still be lost, but the final death will not take place until after this age of the flesh is over, after the Millennium age, and the Great white throne judgment is finish. Then will be the time of the "second death" or the death of the lost souls. It means that the soul has put off the flesh body, and put on their spiritual body, but their soul is still condemned to death if it is not in right standing with God.

I Corinthians 15:37 "And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:"

Paul is comparing our flesh body with other living things, such as a grain of wheat. When the seed is separated from its parent plant it is as naked as a new born baby. This is the body of the wheat, and this is not the grain that you see coming for in new plants next year. This seed of wheat that you set aside for the next years crop is what must die before it can raise up again in a new form. That body of wheat is gone, and that is what happens to our flesh. It must die before the new beautiful spiritual body can come forth.

The flesh body must die and be buried in the ground, for no where is it recorded that a flesh body will resurrect from the dead. Christ's body did rise again, for it paid the price for our sins for one and all times. However, when Christ's body came out of the tomb, it had to be transfigured or flesh man simply could not see Him.

The body of the wheat or of flesh that dies and is planted in the ground is not the same body that springs forth into new life. It is the Spiritual body that ascends to be with the Father, not the flesh. Again the subject is the physical body.

When you plant any seed, flowers, corn, or wheat, there is an embryo deep inside of the body of that plant. As the body of the parent plant decays, it feeds this little embryo that is deep within that seed or kernel of corn. Then when the water, and temperature, and soil are just right, then that embryo springs forth into new life, and a new plant is formed. That is exactly as it is with our flesh body, the old flesh body must die before the new life of our new spiritual of soul body can come forth. The time that it takes for the new spiritual life to come from the death of the old flesh body is instant.

The instant that the flesh body dies, the soul and spirit body is present with the Lord that gave it in the first place. The flesh decays back into the elements of the earth that it is made of, and your soul returns to the Father. Paul could not have made it more simpler than the using of a grain of wheat in comparison to our flesh bodies. Just as all of nature functions, so it is with man.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Continued

I Corinthians 15:38 "But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him, and to every seed his own body."

The body that you have was given to you because it pleased God. We are talking about physical bodies now, and not the souls. Your body was given to your soul for the sake of pleasing God with it, and that is the only purpose that your soul exists in your physical body. Though the flesh body may miss a limb or part, the spiritual body within is still whole and complete. In all of nature, all seeds within them have their embryos for the sake of continuing life after they are gone.

Why did God create the different races on the sixth day, and Adam on the eighth day? To give Him pleasure with the different seed. There is nothing to be ashamed in race for it pleased God to create you as your are. If it pleased God, it had better please you and make you proud of your race.

I Corinthians 15:39 "All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds."

Remember that we are still talking about flesh body, and not the soul. The fact that each of these types of creatures are not all created alike. The dog, or cat, or robin, or fish all look different in their body structure, because their physical bodies were all created differently. They don't look alike, nor act alike yet in their own ways each of them have their own beauty. When the dog has her pups, you know that a fish or a cat will not come from that dog, for she will give birth to a dog. Plain and simple as it is for it is given by God according to His plan.

I Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another."

We are still taking about bodies, and not souls. "celestial bodies" are heavenly bodies, while "terrestrial bodies" are earthly bodies. Paul is telling you that within what you call "self", you have two bodies, and earthly body that will die off and return to the elements that it is made of, and a heavenly body or soul that at the death of the earthly body returns to the heavenly realm or dimension that it came from. Each of the bodies have their own glory or dignity and honor.

I Corinthians 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory."

This is as it is, and it is for this reason that God calls His children "stars". God asked Job to give Him answer to this question in Job 38. Job 38:7; "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" Each of the stars are different and so are each of the children that God created. Every one of them has a different body. Yet every last one of them was created for God's pleasure.

I Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:"

This is what happens to the dead body, for this body is doomed to corruption of decay from the day each of us are born, to the day we die. That is the ageing process, and no matter how you try to extend your life, it will not be for more than a few years. When this flesh body is finished, the soul that is within it is raised in incorruption. We are talking about flesh bodies, and what happen to them.

We will be getting deeper into the difference between these two bodies, the corruptible body which ages, and is made of the dust and elements of the earth; and the incorruptible body which shall never age and get old. It will look the same through a thousand years as the day that it was created. It never gets sick, and has complete knowledge and recall. The difference between the two of these bodies is one is of flesh, while the other is spiritual and of a different realm.

Our flesh bodies are corruptible, and it is the greatest pollutant on the face of this earth. It is for the satisfaction of the needs of the flesh that all pollution is caused, whether in the air, in the waters, or across our land, all pollution is for the satisfying of these flesh bodies that are corrupting or decaying and need attention to be repaired. Flesh is corruptible. However when the corruptible body is planted in the earth, a new body comes for that does not desire nor need then things of the flesh to satisfy its needs. This new body is our incorruptible soul body.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Continued

I Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:"

In the flesh body we fall short all of the time, whereas when our soul body is raised we have God's power within us. In that new body we will have that body that is not weak nor will it get sick and age. And when we are raised it is like being turned lose into a freedom that these fleshly minds can never understand. We are never to shorten the time in this flesh body that God has given us for we have a duty and mission here in the flesh, but on that day when it is all over, we will have that glory and power God has placed in our new incorruptible body.

In Adam we all die in the flesh, but in Christ we are raised incorruptible. Even sinners are replenished and brought back to their incorruptible state, some to be held for judgment and their trial and some for eternal rewards. Your flesh body is not what is judged, but your soul that is within that flesh body is returned to the Lord to for its rewards.

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

There is a natural body, which is your flesh body, and there is also a spiritual or soul body. The two are different and when the natural body, or flesh body dies the spiritual body is "raised", or in the Greek text "egiro, awakened, become active from its death". You have two bodies, one natural body contains your spiritual body, and that spiritual body is awakened to a new life, when the flesh or natural body dies and releases your soul. Your spirit and your soul are together, for the spirit is your "self", "the intellect of your soul" which houses your spirit within you.

Your spirit never leaves your soul, even at the death of your flesh body. Satan does not have any power over your spiritual body, but only your flesh body. Man and Satan can tare this flesh body to peaces and cause you to do all sorts of things, but no-one can damage your soul, not man, not Satan nor the angels. God is the only one that can destroy the soul and that comes at the end of the Millennium age, following judgment. However through deception Satan can cause you to sin against God, and thus be in trouble before the Almighty God. But that is why we have repentance in the name of Jesus to become right-standing before the Father again.

It just can't be made any clearer than Paul has made it here. You have two bodies, the flesh and the spiritual bodies. When the flesh body dies, then the spiritual body is awakened and come alive within itself. It starts to live a life without the baggage of the flesh body confining it to the limits of the flesh.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then [at death] shall the dust [flesh body] return to the earth as it was: and the spirit [spiritual body] shall return [instantly] to God [Father] Who gave it."

Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

This is written by Solomon to the flesh man that walks under the sun, and when the life of the flesh is over, it has no more knowledge or thought than a stick or rock. It is useless, but the soul that is within it is gone and with the Father.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You are getting all of this from The Shepherd's Chapel.

Is Shepherd's Chapel Christian? | CARM.org

It teaches modalism and anglo- Israelism.

Is a cult.

Sorry for the not source

1corin15

However I'm not talking about Shepherds Chapel ,we talking about what Paul says,so scratch the commentary if you must,however that doesn't change what he said..

Bottom line,we have two bodies,period!!

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This verse does not say that we have two bodies, but it does say that the resurrected body is a TRANSFORMED body. Same person, but free of all earthly and mortal limitations and deficiencies. "A spiritual body" means one that is similar to that of spirit beings (angels). For example, they can travel from Heaven to earth without hindrance, and they can radiate light.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, because you spin everything.

Too many times I made extensive posts to only have you reject them out of hand.

Although I struggle to bring to mind any such "extensive posts" on your behalf, I nevertheless, in general, do my best to not reject anything "out of hand". I reject plenty based on what I see as erroneous interpretations of scripture, which I do my best to back up with scriptural reasoning of my own. This is, in large part, why I ask you for scriptual backing for your views and opinions. People are free to, and frequently do, 'put their spin' on things...including you. How often do you dismiss what I say or ask simply because I'm an Amillennialist? Plenty. By bringing scripture into it as MUCH as possible, I am actually attempting to do away with as much 'spin' as possible, pairing it back down to God's word and what it says...either clearly, or through careful exegesis on multiple passages.

If you are only interested in speaking to people who are also Dispensationalists, why bother answering others you know will answer differently? Is this the reason you never give scripture, but only derogatory narrative on your own thoughts about us? Perhaps you should head on over to the Rapture Ready boards...they don't tolerate hethens like me or discussions on sound exegesis or hermeneutics. They just like to pat each other on the back for believing the same thing and encourage each other into a constant state of frenetic 'readiness'.

But if you honestly want to step into the ring of discussing doctrines and the bible verses that make them, don't attempt to be offended when people disagree with your opinions...especially when they carefully present the reasons why through scripture. If you cannot take the notion that someone might be able to out-reason you through their own merit or through their own careful study of scripture; and how they are able, with time and effort, present it, then I think you really need to ask yourself WHY you're here?

I disagree with plenty of people here and am pleased to do so. Agreement over everything does not equal fellowship. I respect them because even while they see scripture differently to me, I can see clear evidence that they put effort into searching the scriptures and present them with their opinions. They believe, as I do, that they have found the truth and are keen to present all the evidence for others to see and discuss. Hence the back and forward nature of a discussion board, and I hope it constantly pushes us all to search for the truth of God's word. But I cannot comprehend those who speak the loudest, attempt to push the hardest in terms of 'my way or the highway' (ie; your salvation is in jeopardy for thinking differently) but when push comes to shove are the lightest quoters of scripture and the fastest to say they don't need to give any because people twist, or spin, or build strawmen. That's a cop-out, and I would think people misunderstanding or misrepresenting their views (if indeed that is what is happening) would serve for even more imperative to present clear, biblical proof, for what they stand for.

You may think that blaming me for your lack of biblical response is right and tight, but I think people see the pattern building.

Reactions: Keraz

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
This verse does not say that we have two bodies, but it does say that the resurrected body is a TRANSFORMED body. Same person, but free of all earthly and mortal limitations and deficiencies. "A spiritual body" means one that is similar to that of spirit beings (angels). For example, they can travel from Heaven to earth without hindrance, and they can radiate light.

What part of (AND)you not getting?

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, AND there is a spiritual body."

The natural body is one and the spiritual body is one.

One plus one is two

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry for the not source

1corin15

However I'm not talking about Shepherds Chapel ,we talking about what Paul says,so scratch the commentary if you must,however that doesn't change what he said..

You quoted Shepherds Chapel.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think it would be better to say the spirit occupies the natural body. The natural is called a container/vessel.

The Soul is the interactive layer between the two.
Interesting perspective. Paul uses the phrase 'spirit, soul and body' in 1 Thess. 5.23.