Haley's Comet and Christ's Return

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Christ came in with Haley's comet around 12 BC, which was the star that the wise men saw. I believe that Christ will come the second time around 2061 AD, which is very close to Isaac Newton's 2060 AD prediction.

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –Isaac Newton

But... This is Christ's return and not the rapture of the saints. This is when we return with him on earth to reign a 1,000 years. If I had to pick a rapture date it would be seven years before Haley's comet next return, which would be July 28, 2054 (exactly 7 years before Haley's comet official return). And then, I must reassert Newton's statement... “It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast."

And there again... I believe in the doctrine of expectancy, which states it is a good idea to be ready for Christ to come (rapture, calling up, whatever) at any day and at any hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO8Y0vvWT0

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Imminency teaches that we could expect Christ's return at any moment and nothing is holding Him back from returning, and this in turn is reasoned by evangelicals to be THE argument for why one should be prepared for His return. I won't even cede it that utility and I believe it does more harm than good. Second of all, I'm glad to see you're open to date setting but concerned that only your dates carry any weight with you. All other dates are viewed through a skeptical lens and for what reason I can't say other than imminency seems to have created a self-centeredness in some people, of their person and of their theology.

I reject imminency as it is unbiblical and it is predicated on the idea that there will be a pre-tribulation rapture which is unbiblical.

Secondly, I sign on to Terry's remarks. The end will come by 2025, max.