"Hallowed be thy Name!" - WHAT name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just what IS God's Name?

• LORD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOD

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Jehovah ("Yahweh" in Hebrew)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind, firstborn is a designation of position by election. Even thought Esau was "firstborn" in the sense of birth, Jacob was considered the firstborn by standing. This is what confuses folks like JW's. They think Yeshua was created as the first born. No. He is firstborn as a title of position, yet still the one God, Elohim.

Keep further in mind that firstborn can also mean exactly that... the firstborn. Unless you can show another having been born then you cannot infer election.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.1 Corinthians 15:47 "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.1 Corinthians 15:47 "The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

That which is first in your reply was not born.... Adam was created on the earth and there were also many who were created beings before Adam.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That which is first in your reply was not born.... Adam was created on the earth and there were also many who were created beings before Adam.
thanks for the response. first was not Adam born of the Spirit, Just not of a woman womb. scripture, Luke 3:38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God". now who birthed Adam into the world?.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

PS Adam was "formed", not created.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the response. first was not Adam born of the Spirit, Just not of a woman womb. scripture, Luke 3:38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God". now who birthed Adam into the world?.
Peace in Christ Yeshua. PS Adam was "formed", not created.

Adam was not the first born of the spirit. Adam was indeed a son of God just not the firstborn or secondborn nor thirdborn etc. son of God. A son could be the hundredth born from a father and still not be the first born.

P.S Adams body of flesh was indeed created or formed or manufactured however you want to play the card but all life is spiritually born from the only one who was a life giving spirit. Thus, Adams spirit was born into the manufactured body of flesh.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was not the first born of the spirit. Adam was indeed a son of God just not the firstborn or secondborn nor thirdborn etc. son of God. A son could be the hundredth born from a father and still not be the first born.

P.S Adams body of flesh was indeed created or formed or manufactured however you want to play the card but all life is spiritually born from the only one who was a life giving spirit. Thus, Adams spirit was born into the manufactured body of flesh.
Which Human was before Adam?. name please.

P.S. U said, "all life is spiritually born from the only one who was a life giving spirit". thank you, case closed.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev.3:11-13
To the Church in Philadelphia
…11I am coming soon. Hold fast to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name. 13He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.…
Once we are victorious, meaning once we have crossed the threshold of heaven we will learn this Name. Be patient 101G, and yes there is something to what you are asking. Run your race to win and you will find out! God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev.3:11-13
To the Church in Philadelphia
…11I am coming soon. Hold fast to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name. 13He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.…
Once we are victorious, meaning once we have crossed the threshold of heaven we will learn this Name. Be patient 101G, and yes there is something to what you are asking. Run your race to win and you will find out! God Bless!
don't believe so, the Name have been Given. Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches".

I love this line of thinking. the only name was known in John's day was "Yeshua", hebrew. and the Name Jesus was not given then because the English language had not yet been invented. well today it have. and second, many overcome in that NAME today, "JESUS". just as Yeshua was not given until he came in flesh, neither was the name Jesus was not until the English language was invented, supportive scripture, Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself". only God knows the future. so only he knew at that time.

Peace in Christ Yeshua, or now, Jesus the Christ.... :cool:.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Human was before Adam?. name please.
P.S. U said, "all life is spiritually born from the only one who was a life giving spirit". thank you, case closed.

Which human? How about which spirits came before Adam? how many spirits were born before Adams was placed into a temple of dirt?

P.S. There is no case to be closed since there was no open case. There can be no life unless it comes from the only one capable of giving it unless of course you propose that life evolved... and poof there it was.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don't believe so, the Name have been Given. Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches".

I love this line of thinking. the only name was known in John's day was "Yeshua", hebrew. and the Name Jesus was not given then because the English language had not yet been invented. well today it have. and second, many overcome in that NAME today, "JESUS". just as Yeshua was not given until he came in flesh, neither was the name Jesus was not until the English language was invented, supportive scripture, Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself". only God knows the future. so only he knew at that time.

Peace in Christ Yeshua, or now, Jesus the Christ.... :cool:.

That is not what I am saying, obviously the name is Yeshua and I see you now use His Hebrew name since I have been on this forum . I have always referred to Him as such. And Yes He has a new name which is part of the new heavens and the new earth this will not change who He is. You want so much to tell some one off....... like someone is denying the name of the Messiah that you can not hear anything. This proves your not preaching in love.
But I guess it is as you said can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink.

I only posted scripture to lead into and further the discussion. I actually thought you and others would find it interesting to know that those who are victorious will learn Yeshua's new name. But I think you are more ticked off that it wasn't YOU who presented it. I guess I was mistaken to expect intelligent discussion from you.

I will stick with those who sincerely study prophecy and love all the surprises and gifts of our Savior, Redeemer, Messiah Yeshua the Christ. I know you want to be the "know it all in the room" but, news flash you only prove you know very little. It is those who are humble before God who can see the beauty of His mysteries. God Bless!

Reactions: KBCid

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which human? How about which spirits came before Adam? how many spirits were born before Adams was placed into a temple of dirt?

P.S. There is no case to be closed since there was no open case. There can be no life unless it comes from the only one capable of giving it unless of course you propose that life evolved... and poof there it was.
we're are speaking of the human race,
Keep further in mind that firstborn can also mean exactly that... the firstborn. Unless you can show another having been born then you cannot infer election.
Post #241 remember that. so the Spirit?God is the Father, now the First born of Humans. since you said, "How about which spirits came before Adam? how many spirits were born before Adams was placed into a temple of dirt?", well their names please?. or at least scripture to indicate this? else case closed on your misinformation.

Peace in Christ Yeshua, or Jesus the Christ.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we're are speaking of the human race,
Are we? what happened to first born spiritually? Birth is not limited to a womb. The earthly is a reflection of the heavenly.

Post #241 remember that. so the Spirit? God is the Father, now the First born of Humans. since you said, "How about which spirits came before Adam? how many spirits were born before Adams was placed into a temple of dirt?", well their names please?. or at least scripture to indicate this? else case closed on your misinformation.

Yea sure do remember 241... so why did you interpret that post to mean human birth? It is not my error if you don't grasp what i'm saying and in fact was not replying to you to begin with. If you want to butt in then get the understanding right.
You want all the names for every spirit that was born before Adam then ask the Father since all spirits came from the Father through the Son. All the scripture pointing to there being spirits prior to Adam have been available to all for centuries... millennia even... if you need someone to hold your hand and show you these things then you are not ready for them.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, i see how all evolution theories maybe get a bad rap, here. There are theories of evolution that include God, too.
Are there "theories of evolution that include God" for you? I am not aware of any from my perspective.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we? what happened to first born spiritually? Birth is not limited to a womb. The earthly is a reflection of the heavenly.
didn't Adam have the Spirit in him?. so your argument fails there.
ea sure do remember 241... so why did you interpret that post to mean human birth?
are we not human, so who else in our position are we to talk about?
It is not my error if you don't grasp what i'm saying and in fact was not replying to you to begin with.
well you're engaging NOW, so?. but it's your choice to stop. I'm sure it'll be to your benefit to stop right now. because you have neither name nor scripture to back up your claim. so STOP now. and I don't need anyone to hold my hand yet, only the Lord Jesus, Yeshua the Christ. so I encourage you to STOP now......... :).

Peace in Christ Jesus, Yeshua the Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Are there "theories of evolution that include God" for you? I am not aware of any from my perspective.
um, "for me?" hmm, i mean, they are for anyone who cares to entertain them? Oh, i guess i get you, ya, they were not in my perspective either, so i set that puppy down, and stopped feeding it lol. It lives all by itself anyway

there are theories of evolution that include God, certainly; dunno if they are true or not, i try to keep an open mind there, and i still allow about a 1/10 of 1% chance that God made Adam from dirt. Really i only broke in here and mentioned that bc i was unaware of them myself for years; "evolution" automatically meant "Godless" to me, too, like "Communism" is portrayed to us as well, by the same clueless argumentative types that most anyone

anyway, Evo is not one big, happy theory as we are often led to believe; there is macro, and micro, and some other variations as well, google could do better than me there i guess. I'm comfy @ "i don't know" now, myself, but i am glad that i am at least vaguely aware of the current best theories

Last edited:

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yea sure do remember 241... so why did you interpret that post to mean human birth? It is not my error if you don't grasp what i'm saying and in fact was not replying to you to begin with. If you want to butt in then get the understanding right.
You want all the names for every spirit that was born before Adam then ask the Father since all spirits came from the Father through the Son. All the scripture pointing to there being spirits prior to Adam have been available to all for centuries... millennia even... if you need someone to hold your hand and show you these things then you are not ready for them.

101, wants the name of ALL the spirits which existed before Adam became flesh and the Spirit of the Most high was placed in him? He does know this is impossible because the Word spoke into being millions maybe even billions of Spirit beings before He even began to design the universe, right? The angel's names we know of are in scripture and Enoch too gave us some names. But he is out of his mind if he thinks this is possible. Maybe he would like to undertake such a task. He would be dead before he finished. Is he smoking something before he come on here?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101, wants the name of ALL the spirits which existed before Adam became flesh and the Spirit of the Most high was placed in him? He does know this is impossible because the Word spoke into being millions maybe even billions of Spirit beings before He even began to design the universe, right? The angel's names we know of are in scripture and Enoch too gave us some names. But he is out of his mind if he thinks this is possible. Maybe he would like to undertake such a tasks. He would be dead before he finished. Is he smoking something before he come on here?
Are angels in clay vessels as we?. and no, I also ask for a scripture also to support this. can you provide at least one scripture that point to pre human before Adam?. now if you think I'm out of my mind...... o_O, then I'm sure you can provide 1 scripture that point to this claim..:oops:.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

P.S. if you cannot produce 1 scripture, then it is you who is out of your minds.......:cool: