"Hallowed be thy Name!" - WHAT name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just what IS God's Name?

• LORD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOD

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Jehovah ("Yahweh" in Hebrew)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Why? That doesn't MEAN anything to you, either?

This is what is known as "deflection".

Rather than to actually cite a verse or two in support of your statements / claims. You redirect / deflect and attempt to insinuate that it is now my fault in that it doesn't mean anything to me. You love to throw out bait, then verbally provoke / abuse. Those that engage in such, have no respect whatsoever for the target person / group. Which, is self-evident by the actions of those who engage in such.

So bring forth some verses in support.

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
they have yet to fully realize our Father.
Thank you, that was a wonderful post...Sadly people just really try to limit Him all the time, which in fact limits Him in THEIR lives...He is no bully, and doesn't ever ( that I have seen) try to force a relationship....But wow, what a relationship, when we allow even a little bit of it...He has so much love to show us, and everything which comes from that, our wonderful Abba.....If we are just willing.....I too have had times where He has used the words in The Bible to show me something, it was as if they were the only words on the page at times.....He has also quoted some for me to read, but only a couple of times.......Mostly though, He has just used life, people and events to teach me and un-teach me, if that makes any sense to you.....I had a lot of lot of things wrong in my own mind, which little by little He has helped me with, for more than three decades now....He is ever so patient too lol.....Thanks again Richard, it was a truly inspiring post ..

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Mostly though, He has just used life, people and events to teach me and un-teach me, if that makes any sense to you.....I had a lot of lot of things wrong in my own mind, which little by little He has helped me with, for more than three decades now....He is ever so patient too lol.....

Yes, it makes perfect sense and I completely understand it. Thank you for bringing a warm smile to my face and a measure of peace to my heart.

May a blessing be upon your home and your head ...

Reactions: Helen and pia

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what is known as "deflection".

Rather than to actually cite a verse or two in support of your statements / claims. You redirect / deflect and attempt to insinuate that it is now my fault in that it doesn't mean anything to me. You love to throw out bait, then verbally provoke / abuse. Those that engage in such, have no respect whatsoever for the target person / group. Which, is self-evident by the actions of those who engage in such.

So bring forth some verses in support.

If you SAY so, it MUST be true.
Yawn.
In reality YOU deflect from what JESUS said.
Why ignore Jesus words, then ask for other scriptures to ignore.
Did Jesus mean "Hallowed be thy reputation"?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, it makes perfect sense and I completely understand it. Thank you for bringing a warm smile to my face and a measure of peace to my heart.

To you also :)

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care to offer any verses in support. Aside from Jesus teaching them how to pray that is.
<snip>

No, I don't; you show unwillingness to Question the nonsense you have swallowed.
Get out a Concordance, and look up "Name".

"YHWH" is no more a name than "RHRD"

Reactions: pia

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said that His Eternal Name is Jehovah.
CHURCHianity says it is Jesus.
Jesus said he came to make his father's name KNOWN; His reputation and law already WAS.
As prophesied, God "took out a people for his Name."

It certainly isn't CHURCianity!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said he came to make his father's name KNOWN; His reputation and law already WAS.

it certainly is = my sheep hear my voice = in days of old He spoke through the prophets, in Apostolic and early Christian days He spoke through His son and the Holy Spirit and in these present days He speaks through His Church and scriptures - twinc

Reactions: pia and Helen

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
No, I don't;

IOW: You can't.

you show unwillingness to Question the nonsense you have swallowed.
Get out a Concordance, and look up "Name".

So rather than to support your claim, you attempt to deflect and put the blame upon me.
Typical. Thus, you continue to prove that which I wrote regarding one such as yourself to be true.

"YHWH" is no more a name than "RHRD"

And again, you continue to prove the truth of that which I wrote with regard to you: You are not ready to receive haShem. For YHVH shall not hold anyone guiltless who misuses Shemo.

Reactions: KBCid and Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it certainly is = my sheep hear my voice = in days of old He spoke through the prophets, in Apostolic and early Christian days He spoke through His son and the Holy Spirit and in these present days He speaks through His Church and scriptures - twinc

Correct except the last part, which is tragilarious!
ChurchopolyBoard.png

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IOW: You can't.
So rather than to support your claim, you attempt to deflect and put the blame upon me.
Typical. Thus, you continue to prove that which I wrote regarding one such as yourself to be true.
And again, you continue to prove the truth of that which I wrote with regard to you: You are not ready to receive haShem. For YHVH shall not hold anyone guiltless who misuses Shemo.

It is obvious you will continue to believe church nonsense no matter what ANYONE says- as shown by your aversion to doing a little research on your own.

How...churchy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is obvious you will continue to believe church nonsense no matter what ANYONE says- as shown by your aversion to doing a little research on your own.

How...churchy

Dear man. I have to agree with Richard, all you ever do is sidestep any real question that is asked of you.

It seems in reading all your posts in every thread...that the only drum you have to beat is you continual harang about anything church.
You have become like a bleating sheep...you can hardly write anything else...you are stuck in a boring groove.

As I have said to you before...over half of the people on this site never go to a church ...because we have the revelation that we ARE The Church.

Give us a break...from your continual repetition.... my poor old mum use to do that too...it's a sign of senile dementia.

Reactions: pia and Richard_oti

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear man. I have to agree with Richard, all you ever do is sidestep any real question that is asked of you.

Well, then why don't you two "put your money where your mouth is"?
I LOVE answering Questions.

Of course if you ask something like "Why does God have 8 heads", I will likely ignore you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, then why don't you two "put your money where your mouth is"?
I LOVE answering Questions.

Of course if you ask something like "Why does God have 8 heads", I will likely ignore you.
you Love answering question? what a joke. ok, if what you say is true. then a question, in Revelation 1:8 your NWT say that this is the one whom you calls Jehovah, is this correct yes or no.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So are you willing to bet on your credibility that God's name is Jehovah only?

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

:D Thank
His reputation and law already WAS
Surely you jest ???....Jesus was constantly at odds with the 'learned' of His day, and Jesus showed many times, how badly God had been misunderstood, and indeed some of the 'laws' as well.....They however chose to reject the Living Truth, standing right in front of them, and kept on with their traditions and understandings.
Personally I believe that if it was that important to know, Jesus would have taught them to pray like this :" insert name, who are in Heaven.Hallowed be thy name", but according to what has been written, He said :" Our Father who are in heaven ans".. I can't find anywhere where Jesus tells His disciples to use a specific name when they pray, other than His own...so I am uncertain, why you do deem it of such importance ?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you willing to bet on your credibility that God's name is Jehovah only?

There is no "Bet".
He has a few SYMBOLIC 'names', but only one PERSONAL name.
Why don't you ever accept it- since you claim to BELIEVE the Bible?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D Thank

Surely you jest ???....Jesus was constantly at odds with the 'learned' of His day, and Jesus showed many times, how badly God had been misunderstood, and indeed some of the 'laws' as well.....They however chose to reject the Living Truth, standing right in front of them, and kept on with their traditions and understandings.
Personally I believe that if it was that important to know, Jesus would have taught them to pray like this :" insert name, who are in Heaven.Hallowed be thy name", but according to what has been written, He said :" Our Father who are in heaven ans".. I can't find anywhere where Jesus tells His disciples to use a specific name when they pray, other than His own...so I am uncertain, why you do deem it of such importance ?

You STILL don't understand?
In Jesus's day there was NO GREEK VERSION OF GODS'S NAME.
That's why in what the churches call 'the Old Testament' , the Greek used "kyrios" ("Lord"), and why in what they call the 'New Testament' kyrios is used even when quoting the OT that had it almost 7,000 times- more than ANY other name in the Bible.

Readers in that day KNEW it stood for God's name when about God, and that it correctly meant "Lord" when about Jesus.
Then came the Roman Government, forming its own hybrid religion to appeal to most people in its vast Empire.
Fabricating a Triune Polytheism, slowly the two different "Lords" merged.