"Hallowed be thy Name!" - WHAT name?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just what IS God's Name?

• LORD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOD

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Jehovah ("Yahweh" in Hebrew)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Jehovah is a man made up name from the tetragrammaton, (YHWH, or as some say JHVH)

I concur. Both "Yahweh" and "Jehovah" are made up.

or I AM which in Hebrew is H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw) v. and it's a VERB, hear that, a VERB, and not a NOUN. Nouns identify personal names. not VERBS. how ignorant can some people be. following a verb of "WHAT" he is instead of "WHO" he is in name as a NOUN. it is pitiful I mean down right pitiful for some people to be so misguided. but oh well..o_O

"I AM" is not "I AM", it is "I shall be". I shall be who I shall be. And if one truly contemplates the fullness of that, there is much understanding to be found. However, I shall not answer any questions with regard to that, for the answer is not for me to give.

Further, YHVH is not from H1961, hayah, it is from H1933, havah, an alternate form of the verb.

Have you ever heard of a verbal noun?

From where does the name "Jesher" come from?

How about "Yeshua"? What does it mean, and from where did it come?

According to you, you just disqualified most of the names in the OT. As the majority are derived from verbs. You spout off how ignorant and pitiful people can be, yet that is exactly what you are putting forth. And don't say that I am misunderstanding you, for in post #9, you clearly stated that "YHWH" (YHVH) is a verb.

As for Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 43:10: How does a verb declare, or say a thing?

Also, it does not say "I am he", it states: kiy_'aniy hu' ; that_I he

Who is "I" and "he"? YHVH.

BTW: Doesn't the name Isaiah also come from a verbal root?

John 8:24 is ego eimi, just as v 28 and 58. The very same as the blind man is recorded to have answered in John 9:9. Perhaps the blind was declaring that he also is "I am he".

IOW: To attempt to make Yeshua into YHVH by comparing "I am he" from Yeshayahu and "I am he" from John, is to make a false comparison.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I tried to connect with you...but you are so confident that you know everything. You don't
I left "church" and the teachings of man over 20 years ago.

You can't connect with a narcissist. It's impossible. Their ego is so inflated, there's no room for anyone else but themselves. Trying to connect with a narcissist is like trying to pet a Grizzly. They will attack you every time. Just like coming upon a bear with her cubs, your best course of action is to simply walk away.

default_sad030.gif

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 43:11 was written to demonstrate the deity of Christ!

Utter nonsense. The Jews we beginning to worship the imaginary Gods of the surrounding nations, and Jehovah was warning them where that would lead. No reference was made to His son, whom He would reveal later on.

Most Christians believe we don’t have the capacity or were not created to understand the three persons that subsists in the Godhead.

Nonsense. REAL Christians know that there are no Three Persons making up 'One' God. And that 'Godhead' is just another misleading term fabricated to support the Triune Polytheism.

The Father ordered the command to save those He wanted saved.

Meaningless: He wish ALL would be, but knew better- so He gave us a Chance, based on listening to the Messiah.

The Lord Jesus fulfilled that salvation by going to the cross.

The Greek uses the word for upright stake (stauros), not 'cross', The Roman Governmental Church pulled in that ancient idol to make the church dogma more acceptable to all the many peoples and religions in the Empire.

The Holy Spirit sealed that salvation so those that the Father wanted saved will not be lost.

No such 'Person', or "GHOST" exists.

This makes the three persons in the Godhead equal in substance, power, majesty...and so forth.

That makes the most Ridiculous Dogma ever fabricated in Religion!
CHURCHianity- the only religion not believing its own Holy Book!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, the sheer PRETENSE!
"Jehovah is a man made up name from the tetragrammaton, (YHWH, or as some say JHVH)"

As is "Jesus", "Abraham", and every other name in the Bible.
Where does such nonsense END?

2 Thess 1:7-...when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire,
8- dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him]. - Amp

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jehovah is a man made up name from the tetragrammaton, (YHWH, or as some say JHVH)"

As is "Jesus", "Abraham", and every other name in the Bible.

How do you get Abraham from YHWH?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I didn’t want to respond, because I detected an arrogance reading between the lines. Plus, somebody needs to let you know you’re not the only one who received the word (I Corinthians 14:36).
detected an arrogance?, might need to check detector. no, not arrogance, confidence. your mistake.

Isaiah 43:11 was written to demonstrate the deity of Christ! You may not see it but just to let you know Jesus is the Author of the Bible. Jesus came as the Savior of the world. He shed His blood on the cross and without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. If there is no shedding of blood, no death and resurrection there will NOT be any Salvation!
well get out of here. I'm sure none of us knew this.......;)
What you are doing is to negate what Jesus have done on the cross by giving His life for YOU (who does not deserve mercy), so that you may have life more abundantly.
WOW, my eyes are being open..........now I can see, amazing Grace..... how sweet the sound.....
You can’t even identify the Two Witnesses, let alone understand the Godhead. Let me tell you the functions of the Godhead concerning salvation.
Oh please do......
#1. U said, "The Father ordered the command to save those He wanted saved". he want to be saved? is this not a little contradictory, because he said, let the bible speak, 1 Timothy 2:3 & 4 "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth". Now Jun2u, which truth should I believe, your truth, "to save those He wanted saved", or God himself, "Who will have all men to be saved". shall I flip a coin? ........ (smile). lets see what I should do, listen, Acts 5:29 "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men".
#2. "The Lord Jesus fulfilled that salvation by going to the cross".
I tell you I must have missed the bus somewhere, all this good information, WOW, the Lord Jesus went to the cross to fulfill salvation. oh, I must have been asleep at the wheel all these years. thanks for saying that.

#3. "The Holy Spirit sealed that salvation so those that the Father wanted saved will not be lost".
get out of here, you're joking right... :eek:. you mean those scriptures in Ephesians 1:13, and Ephesians 4:30 are really true?........ thank you Lord Jesus. hey U are going to make a believe out of me after all, :p.

#4. "This makes the three persons in the Godhead equal in substance, power, majesty...and so forth". Oh, slap my jaws, I didn't know that. so, can I ask you one question about this three 3 equal in substance, power. in Revelation Chapter 4 who is it out of the 3 sits on the throne there? I'll be waiting for that answer. and afterward, we can move on to the next question. I'll be really, Really waiting for that answer.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see you're a member of "CHURCHianity".

Job, what is making me laugh is seeing the total freak out over the word "Ghost"..
Now...just HOW many times has he mentioned that there is no Holy Ghost? I wish I had counted them :D

It is obviously "SOoooo important" to him for some reason.
Maybe he thinks that if he says over and over again he will finally believe himself! Strange obsession.
Have a good one.....

Reactions: prashanthd and Job

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I concur. Both "Yahweh" and "Jehovah" are made up.

"I AM" is not "I AM", it is "I shall be". I shall be who I shall be. And if one truly contemplates the fullness of that, there is much understanding to be found. However, I shall not answer any questions with regard to that, for the answer is not for me to give.

Further, YHVH is not from H1961, hayah, it is from H1933, havah, an alternate form of the verb.

Have you ever heard of a verbal noun?

From where does the name "Jesher" come from?

How about "Yeshua"? What does it mean, and from where did it come?

According to you, you just disqualified most of the names in the OT. As the majority are derived from verbs. You spout off how ignorant and pitiful people can be, yet that is exactly what you are putting forth. And don't say that I am misunderstanding you, for in post #9, you clearly stated that "YHWH" (YHVH) is a verb.

As for Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 43:10: How does a verb declare, or say a thing?

Also, it does not say "I am he", it states: kiy_'aniy hu' ; that_I he

Who is "I" and "he"? YHVH.

BTW: Doesn't the name Isaiah also come from a verbal root?

John 8:24 is ego eimi, just as v 28 and 58. The very same as the blind man is recorded to have answered in John 9:9. Perhaps the blind was declaring that he also is "I am he".

IOW: To attempt to make Yeshua into YHVH by comparing "I am he" from Yeshayahu and "I am he" from John, is to make a false comparison.
yes I am aware of a verbal noun. and here is your ERROR. listen, a Verbal Noun is a noun formed by inflection of a verb and partly sharing its constructions. Richard, do you know what by inflection of a verb means? lets see, a change in the form of a word (typically the ending) to express a grammatical function or attribute such as tense, mood, person, number, case, and gender. you're advocating the same thing of the JW. listen, Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen". anytime you "CHANGE" the word of God you put the noose around your neck. I suggest you re-read my post on adding vowels to the verb "I AM", and my Post on the name YESHUA.... (smile).

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, what is making me laugh is seeing the total freak out over the word "Ghost"..
Now...just HOW many times has he mentioned that there is no Holy Ghost? I wish I had counted them :D

It is obviously "SOoooo important" to him for some reason.
Maybe he thinks that if he says over and over again he will finally believe himself! Strange obsession.
Have a good one.....

Too many ghost stories as a child. Maybe he's trying to convince himself that the thing in the closet isn't real. :eek:

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I find @theQuestion posted many claims without references from the Bible. Since this is a Bible Study forum, all claims should be supported from the scripture. Does anyone find this "Churchianity" or "Churchies" mentioned in the Bible? Why should that become a part of discussion?

If one does not believe in God existing as three persons then I guess this should be in the Apologetics forum. Is not the concept of Triune God a Christian doctrine?

I think this discussion is neither a Bible Study nor an Apologetics debate. This is simply heading towards nonsense like "churchies" or "real churchies" stuff. :D

This discussion actually ended before "churchies" stuff began .......... really! :D

Reactions: Job

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Relax and take a breath. It is not life or death.
You are getting obsessed with "trying" to prove your point.

Jesus loves you...breath , and enjoy the Lord.
What a warped quote, and the ridiculous "I AM" Scam- how churchy

so how about Zachariah 11:13 and guess who paid the price and how about Isa 40:3- JWs bend the knee and confess and worship a false GOD - at His baptism Jesus did not say 'this is my beloved son' nor did He descend on Himself in the form of a dove - twinc

Reactions: Helen

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
so how about Zachariah 11:13 and guess who paid the price and how about Isa 40:3- JWs bend the knee and confess and worship a false GOD - at His baptism Jesus did not say 'this is my beloved son' nor did He descend on Himself in the form of a dove - twinc

Hint: How does God always speak? Is it not through the Word of God!

Reactions: Job

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you get Abraham from YHWH?

You don't wise guy.
"Abraham", and all other biblical names, is ALSO, according to your standard, "a man-made name , since different vowels and consonants have been replaced and added- as with every other biblical name- including "Jesus".

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one does not believe in God existing as three persons then I guess this should be in the Apologetics forum. Is not the concept of Triune God a Christian doctrine?

No- it is nowhere in the Bible, it is found ONLY in CHURCHianity.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many ghost stories as a child. Maybe he's trying to convince himself that the thing in the closet isn't real. :eek:

What's funny is that "Holy Ghost" is what it has been referred to until recently- where, all of a sudden, the churches don't want to USE "Ghost" anymore.

Maybe YOU can tell us why....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find @theQuestion posted many claims without references from the Bible. Since this is a Bible Study forum, all claims should be supported from the scripture. Does anyone find this "Churchianity" or "Churchies" mentioned in the Bible? Why should that become a part of discussion?

I think this discussion is neither a Bible Study nor an Apologetics debate. This is simply heading towards nonsense like "churchies" or "real churchies" stuff. :D

This discussion actually ended before "churchies" stuff began .......... really! :D

Well said Prash...very true brother...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No- it is nowhere in the Bible, it is found ONLY in CHURCHianity.

Then @prashanthd is totally right...this thread is in the wrong place, it should not be in the Bible Study section...but in the Apologetics debate section.