Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Keras, Your words: "But that is what I expect, because both you and Trekson have consistently ignored my requests to provide scriptures that say anyone will go to live in heaven."

The implication is overwhelming in the OP.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Marcus, your 'refutation' to my explanation of John 3:13, is merely your opinion. You make no reference to any commentary, Bible study or other support for your stance, let alone any scriptural proofs. John 3:13 is perfectly logical, it is the rapture to heaven delusion that is illogical.
I have already supported my stance with the Bible. What you allege is not true; another way of saying it is that you are misconstruing what I have already posted as a way of dismissing my argument refuting the notion you wish to impose upon this board. To be blunt: you're lying about what I have already put out. That is not something I would expect from a brother in Christ who is honest and earnestly seeking the truth God provides us in the Bible. So I will buttress my case again with the Bible AND with a commentary so you cannot lie about my stance again.

Your opinion is no more valid than any other opinion save for the reasoning and logic therein. Commentary is also just opinion, but usually it is backed up with reason and logic from a theological point of view which has both experience and education. You could write a commentary, but it doesn't mean just because you call it a 'commentary' that it actually is backed by reason or logic, or supported by reason or logic. It could be that you just have a peculiar thought that you want to push forward and impose upon anyone chancing to come your way. Something off the wall, like no one ever goes to Heaven, or the Rapture is pure nonsense...

Context, context, context.

Your particular point of view wishes fervently that John 3:13 emphatically states where our final resting place is - and you start with the prior conclusion before you even start your investigation - that Jesus is talking about our final resting place in John 3:13.

Jn 3:4 Nicodemus *said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" 5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8 The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

9 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can these things be?" 10 Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony. 12 If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man. 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son...

I believe you know the rest.

The SUBJECT of this short discourse is being born again - NOT an eschatological explanation of where we have eternal life.

Furthermore, Jesus is alluding to Himself, as the one in whom Nicodemus must believe in order to be born again!

That allegory extends to Jesus' origin and destination - which is as unknown to Nicodemus as the wind - which poetically fits to the Spirit to which Jesus is teaching Nicodemus about!

Likewise Jesus' origin and His destination are unknown to the leaders of Israel; Nicodemus is not entirely hostile and being of an inquiring mind, is worthy of teaching.

Jesus refers again to His destination to the Disciples on the eve of His death: Jn 14:3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And you know the way where I am going."

Jesus is going to go to Heaven. It is His ultimate destination as He tells Mary in the Garden after His Resurrection. "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father" Jn 20:17.

He is going to return from where He was, and His Mission from before is the point of Isaiah 49:6, which you, Keras, misconstrue to the church.

Now you also misconstrue John 14:2-3 and twist it around and deny this is a place in Heaven. Thomas, who is the slowest to 'get it,' questions Jesus, and Jesus does not answer him directly, but reaffirms that the place where He will be is before the Father.

5 Thomas *said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

THAT is the whole point of Jesus' instruction to Nicodemus! One MUST be born again in the Spirit of faith in Jesus in order to be IN HEAVEN with the Father.

So, Jesus' admonishment to Nicodemus denying him any particular view is that in order for someone to tell him about Heaven, they would have to go to Heaven AND return. The return must be preceded by the traveling to and it must be in conjunction with the traveling from in order to speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen!

It is a 1-2 process!

Jesus is NOT making a categorical statement that NO ONE has ever gone into Heaven - period. This would deny Revelation 11:4 - "These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth." That statement itself is nearly verbatim from Zechariah 4:14.

Enoch and Elijah have already been taken from the earth. They have never died.

Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God.

The Two Witnesses are alluded to in Zechariah 4:3 as being with the Lord who supports and supplies the "oil" to the seven Churches. They were with Jesus when He was in Heaven before He came to earth as a man. So while they are in Heaven and not on the earth, because the Bible says they cannot be found.

Neither Enoch nor Elijah have returned - yet! However! They will return! AND they will precede Jesus' parousia on the Day of the Lord.

But they have already been taken up. But again, at the time Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus - about being born again - they were still in Heaven and could not tell Nicodemus about "heavenly things!" Only Jesus, who had come from Heaven could do that - and He tells Nicodemus that He isn't going to tell him about heavenly things if he can't even understand the simpler earthly things of which Jesus speaks!

It's a 1-2 condition for WITNESS concerning being born again! - it is NOT what you are trying to make it sound like: a blanket statement of eternal place.

You, Keras, a writer of commentaries as you say, place such a high regard for them (and they are opinion as well) must then accept a standard in that regard from Jamieson, Fauccet and Brown who write:

13. no man hath ascended, etc.-- There is something paradoxical in this language-- "No one has gone up but He that came down, even He who is at once both up and down."

BOTH conditions MUST LOGICALLY be MET in order for Nicodemus to have someone, anyone, speak of what they know - to provide testimony of what they have seen.

Enoch and Elijah cannot provide that testimony at the time of Jesus' First Advent because they are STILL in Heaven.

You stand refuted upon the context of the passage and the witness of the Bible presented in a logical and reasoned manner.

keras said:
But that is what I expect, because both you and Trekson have consistently ignored my requests to provide scriptures that say anyone will go to live in heaven.
This is also not true. Once again you misconstrue what both Trekson and I have provided! To be blunt again: you're lying a second time about what I have provided.

The FIRST answer I gave your 'challenge' was Revelation 7:9-17.

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10 and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, " Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying, " Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen."

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?" 14 I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them. 16 They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

The Throne of God the Father is in Heaven. It is where John is reporting on all that he sees (he testifies from what he has seen in Revelation chapters 4-5) from when he was taken up!

This is BEFORE the Wrath of God descends upon the Earth with the first Trumpet supplying two of three desolations upon the earth: fire and blood. (The mountains will also smoke, and fire results in smoke as well - the third element of the Day of the Lord's Wrath.) So this is not the 'tabernacle' provided by God on Mount Zion after the one 'seven' when the ingathering Sukkot takes place among the Remnant and the Meek survivors from all of God's Wrath in the one 'seven,' but that place of safety afforded the Elect who are snatched out of the Great Tribulation - which Jesus says is AFTER the midpoint abomination but BEFORE the Day of the Lord in the Olivet Discourse.

Revelation chapter 7 reveals that we will be delivered from death and persecution to the safety of the barn in Heaven.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Marcus, Good job explaining it clearly and precisely.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Just a few points in reply to Marcus and Trekson;
As I have found elsewhere, people who have their beliefs challenged, esp. those with the comfortable idea of a rapture away from a earth in tribulation, they resort to character assassination. You provided what you see as truth, I pointed out how your quotes didn't say anyone actually went to live in heaven and they still don't; as per Rev. 7 above. So calling me a liar, shows your desperation and lack of real proof for your stance.

Re Rev 7:9-16, Where does that say God's Throne is? It doesn't say anywhere, but we read in Rev 14:1 The Lamb stood on Mt Zion....and the 144,000 are there too. Note that when Ezekiel 1:1...I was with the exiles, by the river Kebar, when I saw visions....of God on His Throne, etc. Ezekiel was not taken to heaven, God and His court came down to him and that is how it will be again for the redeemed of the Lord, who will gather in the holy Land, soon after the Sixth Seal disaster.
As for Enoch and Elijah, as I have already said, the scriptures about them don't actually say they are now living in heaven, there may be a spiritual place referred to as 'paradise' where they and the thief on the cross reside. But it would not be in a conscious state for them.

Re commentaries: I do not write them, I write Bible studies. As for those you mention; all that I have read, [quite a lot] have failed to discern the real prophetic truth. The reason for this is as Daniel says: it isn't until the time of the end, that understanding will be given and even then only to a few 'wise leaders'. That is the few who intensively study the truth of the Prophetic Word, putting aside all theories and false teachings.
Also its a mistake to believe everything pastors, Bible scholars or prophecy experts tell us, because Jesus said: Father You hide these things from the learned and wise and reveal them to the simple. [The uneducated] Matthew 11:25, Isaiah 56:10-11

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
So calling me a liar, shows your desperation and lack of real proof for your stance.
No, you lied. You said I hadn't provided any support for my stance when I had indeed provided the context of John 3 in building my refutation of your assertion. I not only did so again, but provided a commentary which raises the central point of Jesus' assertion to Nicodemus which is not eschatologically oriented, but a matter of witness for that which is heavenly.

You lied when you said that neither Trekson or myself had failed to provide any Bible verse which shows people in Heaven. We did; you don't accept that and spin it sideways trying to make Revelation 7, which is in Heaven from verse 4:1 into Mount Zion which is Millennial.

So we don't have any lack of "real proof" (and "proof" is an oxymoron when so many interpret the same verse or even a word so differently that they can never agree what it means) - we have plenty of evidence for the Rapture and saying our home during the Millennium is in Heaven.

You just don't accept it.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In my post #24, I asked where in Rev 7:9-16 does it say God's Throne was at that time. To think what is described happens in heaven, is a construct by those who desire that, to suit their false belief of a rapture to heaven. Proved by reading the first 3 verses of Rev. 7...I saw the four angels stationed at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds.....then another angel came from the East, bearing the Seal of the Living God. He cried out: do not damage the land, sea or the trees until we have set the seal upon God's servants. Belief that all Rev. 7 is in heaven, is simply wrong and all who want to think it is, need to face reality.
Rev 14:1-7 is NOT Millennial, that is another wrong idea, it is the 144,000 who actually go out to proclaim the COMING Kingdom of Jesus. The precursor to that is Luke 10:1-11 and prophesied by Isaiah 66:19. Rev. 14 is followed by Rev. 15,16, 17,18, all chapters that detail judgements and punishments BEFORE the Return in Rev 19:11.

No way do I accept your 'evidence for a removal to heaven for anyone', not just because all you have managed to present is wrong, but because I know what the Lord has planned for His people:
Ezekiel 28:24-26 No longer will the Israelites suffer from their malicious neighbours... My people will know I am their Lord when I gather them from the nations from where they now scattered...They will live in their own Land, that I promised to the Patriarchs, they will build houses, plant vineyards and live undisturbed, in peace and prosperity. THEN, they will know that I am the Lord. Zechariah 3:10

Get this; what the Lord promises to His righteous people, is better than a 'rapture' away from this earth, it is the fulfilment of our destiny as humans, the great satisfaction of doing what we have been formed for, Isaiah 42:6 and receiving the blessings the Lord promises to those who love Him and keep their faith during the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath. Rev. 7:9-15, Hosea 14:4-9.....Let the wise consider these things....

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 7:9-17 is in the middle of the broad overview parallel account within the book of Revelation, chapters 4-11 (exclusive of 11:1-13).

It starts with John being called "up" in 4:1. After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, " Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things."

John is IN Heaven in chapter 4, which he describes very well as a reporter going into chapter 5. This starts the Seal/Scroll chronology which is a continuation of that introduction of the scene in God's Temple in Heaven where the Father resides on His Throne.
keras said:
In my post #24, I asked where in Rev 7:9-16 does it say God's Throne was at that time. To think what is described happens in heaven, is a construct by those who desire that, to suit their false belief of a rapture to heaven.
So you are wrong again. "It doesn't SAY it's in Heaven!" - is a child's protestation. It doesn't have to say it's in Heaven in chapter 7 when that condition is already set in chapter 4!
keras said:
Rev 14:1-7 is NOT Millennial, that is another wrong idea, it is the 144,000 who actually go out to proclaim the COMING Kingdom of Jesus.
Red herring: I am not saying Revelation 14:1-7 is Millennial. Are you setting up a strawman argument?

Second statement - "the 144,000 proclaim the coming Kingdom..." WRONG! Where does it ever say that! NO! The Bible says:

These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes.

They DO NOT go out into the world 2 by 2 and convert the Jews as some Pre-Trib people think - nor do they go out as messengers for Jesus. They stay WITH Jesus.

Ever hear of the saying: 'Oh yeah, you and what army?" Well Jesus is the commander of God's Army and the 144,000 ARE HIS ARMY. They will be the ones Joel saw in Joel chapter 2 marching on the Day of the Lord.
keras said:
Isaiah 66:19.
Ezekiel 28:24-26
Zechariah 3:10
Hosea 14:4-9
It's a good thing I don't have to "fix" you because your problem is so fundamental, that it entangles everything you do into one big knot.

You confuse the promises made to the tribes of Israel with the Church.

Therefore, you can't see what is in store for the Church.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
From Marcus Oreillius, post #22:

So, Jesus' admonishment to Nicodemus denying him any particular view is that in order for someone to tell him about Heaven, they would have to go to Heaven AND return. The return must be preceded by the traveling to and it must be in conjunction with the traveling from in order to speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen!

It is a 1-2 process!

Jesus is NOT making a categorical statement that NO ONE has ever gone into Heaven - period. This would deny Revelation 11:4 - "These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth." That statement itself is nearly verbatim from Zechariah 4:14.

Enoch and Elijah have already been taken from the earth. They have never died.

Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God.

The Two Witnesses are alluded to in Zechariah 4:3 as being with the Lord who supports and supplies the "oil" to the seven Churches. They were with Jesus when He was in Heaven before He came to earth as a man. So while they are in Heaven and not on the earth, because the Bible says they cannot be found.

Neither Enoch nor Elijah have returned - yet! However! They will return! AND they will precede Jesus' parousia on the Day of the Lord.

But they have already been taken up. But again, at the time Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus - about being born again - they were still in Heaven and could not tell Nicodemus about "heavenly things!" Only Jesus, who had come from Heaven could do that - and He tells Nicodemus that He isn't going to tell him about heavenly things if he can't even understand the simpler earthly things of which Jesus speaks!

It's a 1-2 condition for WITNESS concerning being born again! - it is NOT what you are trying to make it sound like: a blanket statement of eternal place.

You, Keras, a writer of commentaries as you say, place such a high regard for them (and they are opinion as well) must then accept a standard in that regard from Jamieson, Fauccet and Brown who write:

13. no man hath ascended, etc.-- There is something paradoxical in this language-- "No one has gone up but He that came down, even He who is at once both up and down."

BOTH conditions MUST LOGICALLY be MET in order for Nicodemus to have someone, anyone, speak of what they know - to provide testimony of what they have seen.

Enoch and Elijah cannot provide that testimony at the time of Jesus' First Advent because they are STILL in Heaven.

You stand refuted upon the context of the passage and the witness of the Bible presented in a logical and reasoned manner.
Here, you've leveraged your "heaven" position on the status of Enoch and Elijah. You've cited only one relevant passage (Heb 11:5), taken from a modern copyrighted version of the Holy Bible (NASB?) that has corrupted the passage by changing "should" to "would."

If your premise concerning the disposition of Enoch and Elijah is incorrect, then your "heaven" premise is likewise incorrect.

Let's take a thorough scriptural look at Enoch-Elijah re: heaven.

Some people believe that Enoch did not die but was taken directly to heaven where God is. But, Enoch eventually died, as all humans die. How can we know? The apostle Paul mentioned the circumstances associated with Enoch in Hebrews 11:5, along with other men of faith, and then stated: "These all died in faith, not having received the promises" (Hebrews 11:13). Yes, Enoch died, and he did not receive the promise of heaven (verse 16) at the time the book of Hebrews was written.

Based on Hebrews 11:5, 13 and Jesus’ statement in John.3:13, "no man hath ascended up to heaven", how are we to understand the account of Enoch? Genesis 5:21-24 says that Enoch's days, alive on Earth, ended at 365 years old. The question is, did he die, was he taken to heaven alive, or was he transported to another location on Earth?

Let us examine the bold phrase in Genesis 5:24, where it says, "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him" and compare the same Hebrew phrase in:

Psalms 37:36, "Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found."

Psalms 39:13, "O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more."

The Hebrew for the phrases in bold are the same Hebrew as Genesis 5:24. As in the Psalms, the phrase means the person "passed away" or would eventually die. Let’s look at the same phrase in the book of Genesis:

Genesis 42:13, "And they said, Thy servants are twelve brethren, the sons of one man in the land of Canaan; and, behold, the youngest is this day with our father, and one is not." This was spoken by his brothers of Joseph. What’d they mean by "is not"?

Genesis 44:20, "And we said unto my lord, We have a father, an old man, and a child of his old age, a little one; and his brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother, and his father loveth him." Here, the brothers recount their previous discussion about Joseph with Pharaoh. When they first said, "and one is not," they meant Joseph "is dead."

Matthew 2:18, "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." Where were Rachel's children? Dead.

Hebrews 11:5, "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him:" Does the phrase that says Enoch "should not see death" mean Enoch never died? Hebrews 11:13, "These all died [including Enoch] in faith." But not only that, verse 13 goes on to say that they did not receive the promises. One of the promises was a heavenly country (verse 16). If Enoch were in heaven, wouldn't he have received that promise?

Psalms 89:48, "What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah." Why would this Psalmist ask such a question concerning physical death if he believed Enoch did not see a physical death? The fact is, the Psalmist believed Enoch was in the grave and therefore asked this question.

So what does the phrase "should not see death" mean? Notice it is not in the present tense, that he "did not see" death, but that he "should not see death." John 8:51, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death" [see also John 11:26]. This phrase must mean "the second death," since all the Apostles kept Jesus’ sayings and yet died the first death.

Based on Hebrews 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" and Hebrews 11:13, "These all died in faith, not having received the promises," we must conclude that Enoch died the first death. To believe Enoch did not die is to deny the plain word of many other scriptures as well. For example, Romans 5:12; "...so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" and Romans 5:14, "...death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned." Are we to believe that Enoch did not sin? Are we to believe that a man who was not yet cleansed of sin by the blood of Jesus could enter heaven and dwell in God's presence?

But what about his translation in Hebrews 11:5? Does that mean he didn’t die? That’s what most people carelessly assume without proof. The Bible does not say that Enoch went to heaven when he was translated. Instead, it says he "was not found." According to Strong's, Thayer's and Bullinger's Greek Lexicons, "translate" means "to put or place in another place, to transport, to transfer." Nowhere in the Scripture does ‘translate’ mean to make immortal!

The same Greek word is rendered "carried over" in Acts 7:16 where Jacob's body was ‘translated’ or ‘transported’ to Sychem, where he was buried! The Scriptures say Jacob was translated to the place of burial! God took Enoch and buried him somewhere so as not to be found, just as he did with the body of Moses in Deuteronomy 34:6. No man knows where Moses' or Enoch’s grave is. God hid them for reasons known only to Him.

Notice another proof that ‘translate’ does not mean to make immortal. Paul wrote that the Father "hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son" (Colossians 1:13). The apostle Paul says that he was already translated, even though he was still physically alive! Although he was once part of the darkness of this world, he was translated, removed from darkness, into the light of the kingdom of God while he was physically alive!

At the age of 65, Enoch had a son named Methuselah. But how long did Enoch walk with God?

Genesis 5:22, "And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters."

So, Enoch followed God’s ways for three hundred years. Notice that the Scripture does not record that Enoch is still walking with God. It says that Enoch WALKED with God for three hundred years, and not one year more. Why? Because "all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years" (Genesis 5:23). Paul says, in Colossians 1:10, "That ye might walk worthy of the Lord." Enoch walked with God and pleased God. This is what Genesis 5:22, 24 means when it says "Enoch walked with God."

1 Corinthians 15:20-23 says that all die and all shall be resurrected, but Messiah must be first in the order. Enoch could not possibly have preceded him, especially if he were still flesh and blood as it says in verses 49-52.

The only remaining texts that puzzle people are those relative to the appearances of Moses and Elijah on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus (Matthew 17:1-9, Mark 9:2-10, Luke 9:28-36). After the Transfiguration, Jesus said, while leaving the mountain, "Tell the vision to no man" (Matthew 17:9). Jesus calls the transfiguration a vision! A vision is not a material reality, but a supernatural picture observed by the eyes. The same Greek word for "vision" was used of Peter's vision of the unclean beasts being made clean (Acts 10:3, 17, 19; 11:5). They were not real but a supernatural picture. In the case of the transfiguration it was a prophetic vision which would take place in the future. Peter, James and John saw the Son of Man glorified in the Kingdom through a prophetic vision. Here are other examples:

Acts 16:9, "And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us." This also is something that was to happen in the future.

Acts 18:9-10, "Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city." Jesus is telling Paul that, in the near future, no man shall hurt him.

Visions should not be interpreted as literal. For example, look at Genesis 37:5-10. When Joseph dreamed that his "sheaf arose, and stood upright," and his brother’s sheaves bowed down to Joseph’s sheaf (verse 7), Or when Joseph dreamed that "the sun and the moon and the eleven stars" bowed down to Joseph (verse 9), is this literal? No. This was a prophetic vision of something that was to occur in the future; when Joseph’s mother, father, and brothers would bow down to him as King.

Both Moses and Elijah were still in their graves, but in vision both they and Jesus were seen in glory of the resurrection, and event to which Moses and Elijah have not yet attained at that time (Hebrews 11:39). The vision was granted the disciples after Jesus had spoken of the glory of immortality in the coming Kingdom.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Good point, Marcus. Quite correct to say that Rev. 1-6, also Rev. 8:1-5, tells of events taking place in heaven. But Rev. chapter 7 takes place on earth, as is obvious from verse 3: Do not harm the earth, the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants of God.

Who is Israel was dealt with on another thread. You discount the proofs of how Christians are now designated as Israelites, because that idea destroys the rapture theory. You hold to a 'two people, two promises' theory, that simply isn't supported by scripture or God's plan for His people. [singular]
Paul say how it is in Romans 9:6-8, confirming Jesus' statement: There are other sheep of Mine, not belonging to this flock. [the Jews] I must lead them as well and they will listen to My voice. [The House of Israel, Christian people, have 'listened to His voice'.] There shall be one flock and one Shepherd. John 10:14-16

The 144,000 - God's army? Where does it say that? BTW Joel describes an event he just doesn't have the proper words for. 'like an army'.... not an actual physical army, as is obvious from the results of its passing. Other scriptures tell us exactly what the Lord will use on His Day of wrath.
Yes, the 144,000 are followers of Jesus, as Christians are now. They will complete the Great Commission, taking the Gospel to every nation, language and people group, as must happen before the Return. Isaiah 66:19 confirms this.

By now, other forum members should be able to decide the truth of God's plans for His people and if anyone hasn't yet, I recommend urgency as we are now very close to the Day the Lord will take action. Psalm 83, Isaiah 24, Zeph. 3:8, Rev 6:12-17
WE should not be saying: All is peaceful, all secure, when the sudden destruction comes, WE should not be in the dark, that Day should not come upon us like a thief. 1 Thess. 5:3-6

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sojourner4Christ said:
Some people believe that Enoch did not die but was taken directly to heaven where God is. But, Enoch eventually died, as all humans die. How can we know? The apostle Paul mentioned the circumstances associated with Enoch in Hebrews 11:5, along with other men of faith, and then stated: "These all died in faith, not having received the promises" (Hebrews 11:13). Yes, Enoch died, and he did not receive the promise of heaven (verse 16) at the time the book of Hebrews was written.
First of all, I will call your credibility into question when you make a statement that "Paul" wrote Hebrews. We really don't know who wrote Hebrews. Those that do claim they know are speaking with conviction that which they cannot know, and so no matter with which what fervor they bring to their argument, that passion is as misplaced as their conviction of knowledge: it simply isn't so.

Second of all, we cannot "know" that Enoch eventually died on the basis of 11:13, anymore than you can "know" Paul wrote the book of Hebrews. The (unknown) author of Hebrews, "at the time the book of Hebrews was written," (as you say,) puts the fact of Enoch's existence "so that he would not see death" where the verb "see" is in the aorist tense. The aorist is said to be "simple occurrence" or "summary occurrence", without regard for the amount of time taken to accomplish the action. In the indicative mood (which is also the case here) the aorist tense denotes action that occurred in the past time, often translated like the English simple past tense.

The author sets a fact in writing about Enoch which gives exception to the conclusion he wishes to draw about faith: Enoch would not (past summary occurrence which extends forward - the aorist tense) "see" (experience) death.

While the author says "all" died for their faith, Enoch can be the exception to the rule without breaking that statement. How is that possible?

While we take a literal, technical view of "all," a concept which comes through from my study of the Old Testament writers use of kol is that in their Jewish culture, from two thousand years ago, being formed before and so without the underlying scientific foundation we have in our culture of Renaissance - "all" means 'all that is applicable.' Thus, the exception to the rule does not violate the rule that the long line of men who died in their faith for promises made which they did not see come to fruition before their death - does not apply to Enoch who did not see death.

Otherwise, you have an incongruity and an internal inconsistency in the Bible by a set of statements at odds with each other: Enoch can not be said to have not seen death and also be dead after being translated from this world.

So to reconcile these two conflicting statements, seeing the Greek pas in terms of the native language usage of the Hebrew kol as referring with discernment to 'that which is applicable' allows both statements to be true.

Another problem with saying Enoch dies after going to Heaven is Hebrews 9:27.

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment...

This rule, for the Church Age, establishes that a man can only live once and die once.

Whereas there are only two people who are said before Christ to be translated from the earth (to Heaven), and,
Whereas there are Two Witnesses who appear before Christ's parousia, and,
Whereas these Two Witnesses are also described as the lampstands that stood before the Lord, - which dictates they came from Heaven, and,
Whereas the Two Witnesses die at the end of the one 'seven,' and,
Whereas a person can only die once --

Therefore, the ONLY two people who can come from Heaven who have never died are Enoch and Elijah.

If as most opine that it is Moses and Elijah, then Moses' second death would violate Hebrews 9:27. It could be he would be the exception to the rule - but setting that exception is not necessary if Enoch is alongside Elijah.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Marcus.

Marcus O'Reillius said:
Anytime someone tells me something is "clear," or in this case, "clearer;" I know it is not a clear-cut case of explicit wording in the Bible, but rather their own conclusion.

John 3:13 is not about people's ultimate home in Heaven... context; context; context.
Let’s go back for a moment:

Kata Iooanneen 3:13
13 Kai oudeis anabebeeken eis ton ouranon ei mee ho ek tou ouranou katabas, ho Huios tou anthroopou.
The Greek New Testament (UBS)

Thus, Yochanan (John) is NOT relating ANY message about “heaven”; he is talking about how Yeshua` said that "no one is ascended into the sky if not the (one) out of the sky descended, the Son of the man.” Sure. Keep it in context, but keep it a valid translation of the Greek, too!

Shalom, keras.

keras said:

The word "heaven" is used 570 times in the Bible. "Heavenly" appears 23 times and "heavens" is used 121 times. Surely, somewhere, in all those uses we can find a statement: "When we are in heaven" or "We are going to go to heaven" or maybe "He has gone to God in heaven." If you take a Bible concordance you can find all the verses where "heaven," "heavenly," and heavens" are used throughout the Bible. Look them up! See if you can find a verse that says, "We shall go to heaven," "Heaven is our eternal abode," "They are up in heaven" or any plain statement about Christians or children of God going to be with God in heaven for ANY length of time. You have over 500 places where "heaven" is used. Try to find any verse that tells us clearly we shall one day, some day, go where God the Father dwells.
There are THREE heavens mentioned in the Bible. 1) The heaven [atmosphere] where the birds fly. 2) the heaven [space] where the planets and stars are. 3) The heaven [spiritual] where God's throne is, where God is now.
I knew a man in Christ.... caught up to the THIRD heaven....He was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words[SIZE=medium]....2 Cor. 12:2-4 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The third heaven is where God dwells![/SIZE]
I agree with almost all of what you’ve said and I commend you on your usage of the concordance; however, let’s take it a step farther:

You see, it’s not enough to look up words in the English language. We speak, write, and read English, but the Bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek. We’ve had to have translators translate the Scriptures for us from these original languages to the English, and NO translation is strictly one-to-one. That is, some Greek words could be translated in more than one way to multiple words in English (one-to-many), and, vice versa, multiple Greek words might be translated to a single English word (many-to-one). This is not uncommon in the translation of any language to another language. Thus, we have to ask ourselves, “Does this word mean what I think it means, or does the author of the book mean something else?” Furthermore, we must ask, “Did the TRANSLATOR translate this word correctly or is there a better word that might have been used?” Translators, too, are human beings and human beings often make mistakes. Even when teams of translators check each other’s work, errors can be missed and innocently introduced to the text.

Iin addition to all of this, we also have references to other locations within the text we are reading/studying/translating that might affect how we view the text we are using! Nobody is perfect, and sometimes I have literally stumbled upon a truth I didn’t realize was there, and upon investigation, it looks like nobody else picked up on it, either! Those instances can be TRULY frustrating!

So, now, we need to go back to the Greek and Hebrew texts and see what the words are from which we get the English words “heaven,” “heavenly” and “heavens.” I’ve done this thoroughly for several years and have discovered that there are NOT three “heavens” mentioned in the Bible as you have just described them! (I was SO hoping when I started my research that there were such three Greek words that would make it that simple! There’s not.)

By the way, what version would you like to be using for the research? The King James Authorized Version, the NEW KJV, the New International Version, the American Standard Version, the NEW American Standard Bible, the ...... AARGH!! The list goes on and on, and it seems to be growing longer every day! NO translation attempt is perfect! I have a very simple test I perform and to this day, not ONE of the various versions have passed it! I will be truly amazed if I find one that does!

For simplification (because Strong’s numbers are keyed to it), I use the KJV, also known as the AV. There are errors within that HUMAN attempt at translation, as well. God did NOT inspire again in 1611, as some might teach! However, it was an honest translation by honorable men who, despite the commissioning of the work by the Supreme Governor of the Anglican Church (King James I), attempted to adhere to the original text, making it as close to a word-for-word translation as possible. This work, in turn, made it easier for James Strong and company to create the Strong’s Concordance.

So, through the Greek (and Hebrew) Dictionaries in the back of Strong’s Concordance, one can find out each Greek (and Hebrew) word that was so translated as “heaven,” “heavens,” and “heavenly.” Go from there and see where it leads you.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Since Marcus Oreillius has recently edited his post, my post here has been modified...waiting to see if he has any scripture to bring to the table.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks Retro.
The Bible is difficult enough to comprehend without making us learn the nuances of ancient languages. Yes, we have to contend with translators errors and bias, so using several trans, as I do, is helpful. But the main Bible for me is the Revised English Bible 1989 Oxford press. It is a complete re-translation by many scholars from many sources. It was recommended to me by Wickliffe translators as the best for giving the true meanings of scripture.

Re John 3:13 How can you say that verse 'is not related to any message about heaven? Its a clear statement, unequivocal, saying: no one goes to heaven... Only those who have aspirations above their status as lowly humans, believe they will go there. I have pointed out what our destiny is and that is truly amazing, fulfilling and what we were made for. Believe that and be content!

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sojourner4Christ said:
Since Marcus Oreillius has recently edited his post, my post here has been modified...waiting to see if he has any scripture to bring to the table.
I added color to the verse I quoted in Hebrews 9.

I've sourced Scripture. You sourced Scripture too, but even with a plethora of verses, you still proved your point.

Either Enoch has never died and the "all" of verse 13 allows that exception - because the author inserted that clause when citing Enoch's example - or the Bible is at odds with itself and you induce an internal inconsistency within it.

The Scripture is as it stands; the only thing left is to make sense of it. Your way says the author, and the author of Genesis whom the author of Hebrews is quoting - are liars.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
First of all, I will call your credibility into question...

Of course you will. From the bulk of your reply, it is evident you are not concerned with discovering truth, but with maintaining status quo.

You are unable to defend your version nor deal with the volumes of documentation and proof. So you must instill in the readers a general distrust for the character and "honesty" of the author. This is done so that when evidence is presented that you cannot refute, you can simply cloud the whole issue with 'feelings' that 'maybe that fact isn't true' because it is presented by a "less than honest" person.

We really don't know who wrote Hebrews.

Another red herring. Your rhetoric is part and parcel of those who seek to divert from the word of God. It doesn't matter “who wrote Hebrews” -- it's Scripture.

Second of all, we cannot "know" that Enoch eventually died on the basis of 11:13, anymore than you can "know" Paul wrote the book of Hebrews. The (unknown) author of Hebrews, "at the time the book of Hebrews was written," (as you say,) puts the fact of Enoch's existence "so that he would not see death" where the verb "see" is in the aorist tense.

Again, you seek to deflect. You have not answered from the word of God, as I have done; rather, you have answered from a perversion of it i. e. a copyrighted modern version, and commentaries of men. (As another suggested, 'pick the per-version that works best for you.'). As Scripture states, the word is should -- not would; you did not answer that charge but sought to ignore and then misdirect. Again, your behaviour is typical of one caught in a deception; you fail to cite scripture but fail back on man's dead scholarship.

...The author sets a fact in writing about Enoch which gives exception to the conclusion he wishes to draw about faith: Enoch would not (past summary occurrence which extends forward - the aorist tense) "see" (experience) death.

It’s not about “see;” it’s about your “would” vs. Scripture’s should.

While the author says "all" died for their faith, Enoch can be the exception to the rule without breaking that statement. How is that possible?

"can be"??? ala 'Almost preg'?

...the exception to the rule does not violate the rule...

More double-talk and deceptive innuendo.

While we take a literal, technical view of "all," a concept which comes through from my study of the Old Testament writers...

"we"??? Don't flatter yourself. Rather, get your head out of men's commentaries and seek the Holy Spirit's face on it. You will get a straight answer and not some convoluted construction erected from a dead language.

...in their Jewish culture, from two thousand years ago, being formed before and so without the underlying scientific foundation we have in our culture of Renaissance...

The Lord doesn't give a twit about 'science' or "culture" or "Renaissance." You're promoting another gospel here. It’s a house of cards built on vapour i.e. without Scriptural and linguistic support.

- "all" means 'all that is applicable.' Thus that the long line of men who died in their faith for promises made which they did not see come to fruition before their death -

Anything to deny the plain truth of Scripture -- why is there none in your reply?

...does not apply to Enoch who did not see death.

And again, it's "should" not see death -- not "did not". Read Scripture and dump the perversions and commentaries.

Otherwise, you have an incongruity and an internal inconsistency in the Bible...

Rather, you have.

Otherwise, you have an incongruity and an internal inconsistency in the Bible...by a set of statements at odds with each other: Enoch can not be said to have not seen death and also be dead after being translated from this world.

You're merely compounding your error i. e. when the facts don't fit your theory, you simply discard the facts.

So to reconcile these two conflicting statements, seeing the Greek pas in terms of the native language usage of the Hebrew kol as referring with discernment to 'that which is applicable' allows both statements to be true.

There can be no "reconciling" when you operate outside the word of God.

Another problem with saying Enoch dies after going to Heaven...

You have utterly failed to prove with with Scripture that Enoch "went to heaven" in the first instance...

This rule, for the Church Age, ...

What other "rules" have you made up (or, rather, "borowed" from men's commentaries) that we commonfolk can't find in our Bibles?

Whereas there are only two people who are said before Christ to be translated from the earth (to Heaven)...

"...who are said..."??? By whom? You and men's commentaries? Come on, bro, wake up and get back into the word you would claim to love. I'm being easy on you here. This is your chance to take a hard look at the shaky shantytown you've constructed using the fables of men.

The dead men's bones you are seeking to resurrect here are still as dead as your "exception"-full “conclusion.”

I added color to the verse I quoted in Hebrews 9.

Rather try posting God's word, i.e. Scripture, rather than your "color."

I've sourced Scripture. You sourced Scripture too, but even with a plethora of verses, you still proved your point.

No, you "sourced" it, but I posted it.

Either Enoch has never died and the "all" of verse 13 allows that exception - because the author inserted that clause...

Your "exception"-al strawman lay exposed in the pit because the co-called "clause" is of your own construction. Rather, read the Fine Print.

Because you've not scripture, any "inconsistency" will always be yours.

...waiting to see if he has any scripture to bring to the table.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mind that you have a different opinion, but your style of argument is really kind of down and nasty.

You were the one who said Paul wrote Hebrews... and that's not true. So in this case, it's just time to say, 'Hey, I was wrong.' But unable to do that, you just have become very combative.

Have a nice day, and see ya later.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
I don't mind that you have a different opinion, but your style of argument is really kind of down and nasty.
You've been busted speading falsehoods and are now on the run.

In the search for truth, your opinion and my opinion count for nothing. That fact really rubs you the wrong way; it dethrones you as the sole arbiter of the word of God. You've been given several opportunities to bring scripture to the table, but you have predictably refused to do so because you're Scholarship-Only.

You were the one who said Paul wrote Hebrews... and that's not true. So in this case, it's just time to say, 'Hey, I was wrong.'
Paul DID write Hebrews, but because you don't believe we have the inspired word of God, you cannot abide that truth. It's a scary place to be because there's no absolute for you -- nothing but your own voice to listen to.

So let's get this straight now re: your clever but clearly false accusations. YOU are the one who is "wrong." YOU are the one who is unable to produce scripture. YOU are the one who is unable to refute the scriptual proof that E & E were not "raptured."

It's just plain lame to see someone who would say he loves God falsely accusing others when he himself has posted zero documentation of his claims. Your pre-emptive attempts to dismiss are a classic S-O tactic.

We've posted the scriptural imperatives re: E & E that prove they were NOT "raptured."

Now I'll post a little narative from a friend, brother Tommy, to show the truth that Paul wrote Hebrews AND to let the reader know WHY it is standard fare for S-O types such as yourself to deny that Paul wrote Hebrews.

There has been a lot of controversy over who wrote the book of Hebrews, however the reason for the controversy is just plain unbelief. If you believe the Authorized King James Bible is the pure, preserved word of God, then there should be no question about who wrote Hebrews, because the book title tells you who wrote it.
If you are a King James Bible believer, then the question is how much of the KJV do you believe? Which one of the following statements do you believe?

a. I believe the English text as it stands in the KJV including the italicized words, the punctuation, the paragraph marks, the book titles and the endings in the books of Paul is the pure, preserved word of God.

b. I believe the English text as it stands in the KJV including the italicized words, but excluding the punctuation, the paragraph marks, and the book titles, etc.

c. I believe the English text as it stands in the KJV, excluding the italicized words, the punctuation, the paragraph marks and the book titles, etc. I know that some of you reading this may also believe some variations of the above statements. The point is if God can inspire and preserve his words in a book, why can't he inspire and preserve everything that pertains to what he said? For example, the italicized words, the book titles, the paragraph marks, the punctuation and the endings in the books of Paul. Here are some proofs for the book title, "THE EPISTLE OF PAUL THE APOSTLE TO THE HEBREWS."
Now I'm going to give you seven reasons why the writer of the book of Hebrews is the Apostle Paul.

1. The Devil always questions the word of God, just like he did in the Garden of Eden. Now who do you think would throw doubt on the authorship of Hebrews? I'll give you two guesses and the first two don't count. If you haven't gotten it yet, here is a list of the KJV bibles and corrupt bibles I have and how they handle the Hebrews book title. Cambridge, Oxford, Old Scofield, Riverside Book and Bible House Publishers, Collin's, Holman and World bible publishers bible 929 HAS "THE EPISTLE OF PAUL THE APOSTLE TO THE HEBREWS". My New Scofield, Royal publishers KJV bible, Modern Language, Living Bible, RSV, Nelson's Open Bible, NASV, Williams, Beck, New English Bible, Amplified, Good News for Modern Man, New World Translation, NIV and Phillips all leave out "Paul" as the writer of Hebrews. Also my Trinitarian Bible Society Greek Text and my Interlinear Greek N.T., by G.R. Berry has "THE EPISTLE OF PAUL THE APOSTLE TO THE HEBREWS", but my Nestle-Aland Greek N.T. leaves out the Apostle Paul as the writer of Hebrews! Birds of a feather flock together; you are known by the company you keep. Who would confuse people about what God said? If you don't know who was the writer of Hebrews yet, then look at number 2.

2. This question of the Hebrews book title was being kicked around back in 1981 and I believed the "book titles" in the AV were right. There were book headings in some of the manuscripts, but more important there were book headings in nearly all the ancient versions (Latin and Syrian); also the bibles of the Waldenses and Albigenses had the headings many times." Got it yet? Yes, No, OK, here's number 3.

3. Some say that 2 Thess. 3:17 refers to the book title so Paul couldn't have written Hebrews, but notice what the verse SAYS!

2 Th 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

NOTICE the ":" (colon), Then he writes his Salutation, 2 Th 3:18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Also in 1 Cor 16:21 The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand. (Then he writes it) 1 Cor 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
1 Cor 16:23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
1 Cor 16:24 My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Again in Col 4:18 The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.
His Salutation is at the end of the above sentences.

Now look at the same thing at the end of Hebrews: Heb 13:25 Grace be with you all. Amen. "Who" does that verse read like? I'll give you one guess.
He said in 2 Thess. 3:17 that his salutation was his token in EVERY epistle he wrote, so comparing scripture with SCRIPTURE (not translator's opinions) we have to believe that Paul's salutation was at the end of his books.

4. Here are 5 reasons from the book of Hebrews that Paul wrote it.

a. Whoever wrote it was a Jew. See "us" in Heb. 1:2, Paul was a Jew, but so was all the rest of the writers.

b. Whoever wrote it identifies himself with Timothy, Heb. 13:23, Paul does, Luke doesn't in his writings.

c. Whoever wrote it has been in prison, Heb. 10:34 compared to Heb. 13:19, something was keeping Paul from coming to them. Was Luke in prison?

d. Whoever wrote it has a style like Paul, Heb. 13:1.

e. Paul could have written Hebrews at Sanai. Between Acts 9:22 and 23, see Gal. 1:17;4:25.

Do you believe Paul wrote Hebrews yet? Hmmm ... you're a hard fellow to convince, OK, let's look at number 5 then.

image006.gif

Matthew - takes you from the OT to the New Testament.
Acts - takes from the Jew to the Gentile.
Hebrews - take you back to the Jew.

The next seven epistles are in essence primarily written by Jewish apostles. James is written by the brother of John before Acts 12 where James is beheaded. John is also a Hebrew epistle, written by the apostle John. Peter written by the apostle to the Jews.

The book of Hebrews is located in the right place. What if God had stuck it somewhere between I Corinthians and Galatians? It's in the right place chronologically. How would you like to have Hebrews 10:26 put on you in regard to salvation? We would all be lost! I mean, "Whatsoever is not of faith is sin", "to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin", " the thought of foolishness is sin".

Notice the exaltation of the Son in the book of Hebrews. It's obvious that whoever wrote the book, is really trying to get the Jew to see that the Son is better that everything.

Notice:
vs. 1 "God spoke about him by the prophets"
vs. 2 "He was in the beginning"
vs. 2 "God spoke by Him"
vs. 2 " he's the heir of all things"
vs. 2 "he made all the worlds"
vs. 3 he's the brightness of God's glory"
vs, 3 he's the image of God
vs. 3 he upholds all things by his word
vs. 3 he purged our sins
vs. 3 he sat down on the right hand of God and finished the work
vs. 3 he has the highest seat in eternity next to the father
vs. 4 he's made so much better that the angels
vs. 4 he has a more excellent name than all the angels

It's just all through the book of Hebrews like that.

The book is written by Paul
The book has thirteen chapters
Believe it or not, it's written by the thirteenth apostle, Paul!

Hebrews has thirteen (13) chapters, three-hundred and three (303) verses, and six-thousand and nine-hundred and thirteen (6,913) words. It is the fourteenth book in the index listing. Fourteen is the number of deliverance. There is only one way a Jew is going to get delivered in the tribulation; he's going to have to pay attention to this book.

Hebrews is written in the classical style of Greek, while his other writings are in the common style of Greek. If you compare these verses, however, you'll find they're very similar to Paul's other writings.

Hebrews 12:3 matches Galatians 6:9
Hebrews 12:14 matches Romans 12:18
Hebrews 13:1-3 matches Ephesians 5:2-4
Hebrews 13:16 matches Philippians 4:18
Hebrews 5:12 matches I Corinthians 3:2
Hebrews 8:1 matches Ephesians 1:20

It looks like Hebrews 1-12 is written very early, maybe even before Paul receives the revelation of the mystery of the Jew and Gentile in one body. It is evident that there is very little about the body at all. The "church" is only mentioned twice in the whole book. That just doesn't sound like Paul, unless he wrote it right after he got saved. Paul was saved seventeen years when he wrote his first epistle to the Thessalonians. Remember when Paul first got saved? His first desire was to win the Jew. Chances are that's when he wrote the book of Hebrews.
Then Hebrews 13 is written later. It sound just like Paul's other writings. Regardless of who the man was that wrote it, God wrote it!

6. I wrote Rev. Terence H. Brown, secretary of the Trinitarian Bible Society and asked if the book headings were in the "Received Text" or any other manuscripts?

He said, "The "Received Text" (Elzevir 1633) has the heading (in Greek) "The Epistle to the Hebrews", but the AV translation was translation was published in 1611. Earlier printed editions of the Greek such as Stephen's 1551 in which the Greek is accompanied by the Latin translations of Erasmas and the Vulgate, have the heading in Greek and Latin - "The Epistle of Paul to the Hebrews". Some manuscripts have "To the Hebrews" and some include the name of the apostle." He also said in another question: "The AV translators followed the titles formerly used by Tyndale, Coverdale, the Great Bible, the Geneva Bible and the Bishops' Bible.

If you haven't believed that Paul wrote the book of Hebrews yet then I'll give you one more chance, here's number 7.

7. This is from brother Wei Kang (Kevin) Tsai with my editing.
Paul couldn't put his own name to the book of Hebrews because of his association with us unclean Gentiles which had made him an outcast among his own people.

If you will look at the footer (that is the small writings at the end of all of Paul's epistles as noted below) you will see that the only books in the NT that has the footer is the Pauline epistles (all of them) and the book of Hebrews.
That shows you that Paul wrote Hebrews.

image007.gif

Ro 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
>>Written to the Romans from Corinthus, and sent by Phebe servant of the church at Cenchrea.>>

1Co 16:24 My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.
<<The first epistle to the Corinthians was written from Philippi by Stephanas and
Fortunatus and Achaicus and Timotheus.>>

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
<<The second epistle to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, a city of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.>>

Gal 6:18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
<<To the Galatians written from Rome.>>

Eph 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.
<<To the Ephesians written from Rome, by Tychicus.>>

Phil 4:23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
<<To the Philippians written from Rome, by Epaphroditus.>>

Col 4:18 The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.
<<Written from Rome to Colossians by Tychicus and Onesimus.>>

1Th 5:28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
<<The first epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.>>

2Th 3:18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
<<The second epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.>>

1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.
<<The first to Timothy was written from Laodicea, which is the chiefest city of Phrygia Pacatiana.>>

Tit 3:15 All that are with me salute thee. Greet them that love us in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen.
<<It was written to Titus, ordained the first bishop of the church of the Cretians, from Nicopolis of Macedonia.>>

Phm 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
<<Written from Rome to Philemon, by Onesimus a servant.>>

Heb 13:25 Grace be with you all. Amen.
<<Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy.>>

Now brethren, if by now, you can't see that Paul was the writer of the book of Hebrews, then it's because you don't want to because of some preconceived idea that you are trying to teach. So I guess the Lord will have to straighten you out at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

...waiting to see if he has any scripture to bring to the table.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude, you really need to lay off the hard stuff.

Scholars, who are sober, logical and put Bibles out, have reached a consensus: we don't know who wrote the book of Hebrews.

Those that insist they know, in my opinion, have crossed that line to fanaticism, and are not practicing moderation in all things.

And if you ever want to see the most vile, insulting, and acrimonious behavior by "Christians" - completely opposite as we are taught (by Paul) to love one another - just visit a Christian eschatology message board.

Good day to you as I shake off my sandals.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Dude, you really need to lay off the hard stuff.
As suspected, you're still scripture-less.

Scholars, who are sober, logical and put Bibles out
"Scholars" have corrupted the covenant and led many astray. Malachi chap 2 -- try reading it, it's Scripture.

have reached a consensus:
Truth is not determind by consensus.

we don't know who wrote the book of Hebrews.
Correction: YOU don't know who wrote the book of Hebrews. Ignorance is not contagious, thank you, Lord.

Those that insist they know, in my opinion,
And your "opinon" is not the basis of truth.

have crossed that line to fanaticism, and are not practicing moderation in all things.
They said, and you say, exactly the same of Jesus Christ.

And if you ever want to see the most vile, insulting, and acrimonious behavior by "Christians" - completely opposite as we are taught (by Paul) to love one another - just visit a Christian eschatology message board.
"Love" is never a substitute for the truth. And I "visit" only when directed by my Father.