Help police! KJV is taking away my freedom of religion in USA reading another Bible versions!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"mayest", "thou", "believest", "unto" "havock", "beforetime", "beholding", "unto", "whomsoever", "thy", "hast", "iniquity", "spake", "Esaias", "thither" "speaketh", "doth"

All of these words are found in a chapter of Acts selected at random (chapter 8). None of these words are found in modern English! They are all obsolete.

"iniquity" - "Nor because those annual stories about how it’s an Alpine den of iniquity have re-emerged. " - Jan. 17, 2023 - Seven signs your days might be numbered at work

"iniquity" - Poetry - Poems containing the term: iniquity

"iniquity" - music - Lyrics containing the term: iniquity

"iniquity" - Even out of the mouth of the 'pope' - "“Today as then,” writes the pope, “the Risen Lord remains close to his missionary disciples and walks beside them, particularly when they feel disoriented, discouraged, fearful of the mystery of iniquity that surrounds them and seeks to overwhelm them.”" - World Mission Day 2023: A wounded humanity ‘is in need of the Good News’

"iniquity" - "At various points we’re shown both the iniquity of social media narcissism ..." - Jan. 13, 2023 - ‘A Man Called Otto’ Review

"spake" - "Thus spake Ambedkar in “Pakistan or the Partition of India”, ..." - Jan. 26, 2023 - Why Muslim rulers and ulema didn’t confront the caste issue

"spake" - poetry - Poems containing the term: spake

"spake" - music - Lyrics containing the term: spake

"spake" - "“IT spending remains recession-proof.” Thus spake John-David Lovelock, distinguished VP analyst at Gartner. " - Jan. 23, 2023 - Rational exuberance drives IT spending

"thither" - "and must one day return thither to be united with our ancestors." - Jan. 26, 2023 - Why a voice to parliament won’t affect First Nations sovereignty as Lidia Thorpe fears

"thither" - "NIGERIA staggered into 2023, tossed hither and thither by billowing security, ..." - Jan. 16, 2023 - 2023: Without a turnaround, economy may implode

"thither" - "The influential and authoritative people manipulated, threatened, and harassed professional journalists by wrongfully imposing their power, hither and thither." - Jan. 1, 2023 - CPNE unveils Pakistan Press Freedom Report 2022

"speaketh" - "2023: The Grey Swan Speaketh 1.0" - 2023: The Grey Swan Speaketh 1.0

"speaketh" - poetry - Poems containing the term: speaketh

"speaketh" - music - Lyrics containing the term: speaketh

"speaketh" - "Not only doth he lie, who speaketh contrary to his knowledge, but more so, he who speaketh contrary to his ignorance" - 2023 - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"doth" - "A cliché, but what the hey: GOP Rep. Don Bacon doth protest too much" - Jan. 16, 2023 - A cliché, but what the hey: GOP Rep. Don Bacon doth protest too much

"doth" - poetry - Poems containing the term: doth

"doth" - music - Lyrics containing the term: doth

"doth" - "but one does wonder if this is a little “thou doth protest too much” from the Chiefs about his health." - Sunday, 2023 - NFL Conference Championship Weekend picks and preview

"doth" - "Even then, Nadhim doth protest too much, saying the mistake was the result of carelessness. " - 2023 - Clunk click: Rishi buckles up on the greasy ethics pole | John Crace

I also recommend for reading, or references, "ARCHAIC WORDS AND THE AUTHORIZED VERSION" by LAURENCE M. VANCE.

Excellent ref. material.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep telling us how corrupt the NWT is Enoch.....show us some examples
#11.

Luke 17:36

The NIV and NWT share the same pattern:

The words do not occur in the following corrupted texts:

P75, Aleph (Sinaiticus), B (Vaticanus), E, F, G, K, L, M, Q, R, S, V, W, X, Gamma, Delta, Theta, Lambda, Pi, Psi, 063, MAJORITY, fam 1, g1, Coptic: sa, bo, Goth, Eth​

Here is the extant literature which has the text in it:

"... D, U,
Cursives: al, fam 13 (41 cursives cited in our other Digest)
Old Latin: a, aur, c, d, (e*), f, ff2, i, l, q, (r1), Vulgate
Syriac: Pes.hitta, Curetonian, Harclean
Armenian

Also extant in N, Y, Omega, 047, 055, 0211, 0272. See KJVMT p 49. ..." - A Closer Look: Early Manuscripts & The A.V.; by Jack Moorman, pages 93

Additional:

"... D, 030, 039, 4, 229-C, 262, 265-C, 476, 489-C, 700, 716, 988, 1012, 1071, 1187, 1194, 1230, 1241, 1355, 1396, 1573, 1555, (2148), 2174, many others.

Von Soden indicates, I iota, (13, 124, 230, 346, 543, 826, 973, 1689). I phi b, (7, 267, 659, 1606, 2191), I beta (16, 348, 477, 1216, 1279, 1579, 1588).

Lectionary: 185, 1579.

Old Latin: a, aur, b, (c*), e, f, ff2, i, l, q, (r1); Vulgate

Syriac: Pes.hitta, Sinaitic, Curetonian, Harclean

Armenian, Georgian.

Taitian, Syria, 172.

Eusebius, Caesarea, 339.

Ambrose, Milan, Latin, 397.

Augustine, Hippo, Latin, 430.

... Stephanus in his fourth edition includes it. ..." - When the KJV Departs from the "Majority" Text of Hodge & Farstad, cited by the Corrupt NKJV, by Jack Moorman, page 49

Additionally:

"... Hills (3) p 221, (38) p 208, states that ... in the editions of Beza and Elzevir, in D, the Latin Vulgate, the Pe****ta, Curetonian and Sinaitic Syriac ..." - Manuscript Evidence for Disputed Verses

Additionally:

"... It was even in the Catholic Rheims version of 1582 as well as the Wycliffe Bible of 1380 -"twei wymmen schulen be gryndynge togidir, `the toon schal be takun, and `the tother forsakun; twei in a feeld, `the toon schal be takun, and `the tother left.", and in Cranmer's Bible of 1539. You can see them at this site here - http://bible.zoxt.net/hex/hex.htm It was also in the Douay version of 1950. ...

... Even according to the Nestle-Aland critical textual apparatus Luke 17:36 is found in the Old Latin (which bears witness to a text that preceeds Sinaiticus and Vaticanus by 200 years) copies of a, aur, b, c, d, e, f, ffr, f13, q, and r. It is found in ancient Greek lectionaries 68, 76, 673, 813 and 1223.

The verse is found in the Syriac Pes.hitta, Sinaitic, Curetonian, and Harclean ancient versions; it is in the Armenian, Ethiopian, and Slavonic ancient versions. According to John Gill, it is in the oldest Arabic, Persian and Complutensian bibles. It is also found in a multitude of Greek manuscripts like D, I, 030, 4, 262,476,700, plus about 25 others I could list. ...

... As for some early church fathers, the verse is also quoted by Taitian in 172 AD, Eusebius 339, Ambrose 397, Augustine 430 and others.

Since initially writing this article brother Tony Bones provided me with another useful bit of information. He says the text of the Gospels in western Saxon from 990 AD and 1175 AD, both have the 36th verse of Luke 17: (Western Saxon 990 AD) Twegen beoð æt æcere. an bið genumen & oðer bið læfed; (Western Saxon 1175 AD) Twegen byð æt akere an byð ge-numen & oðer beoð lefed. ..." - Another King James Bible Believer

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#12.

Luke 23:17

The NIV and the NWT follow the same pattern:

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 23:17 - New International Version - Bible Gateway passage: Luke 23:17 - New International Version

"... Vaticanus, A and P75 omit the entire verse. ..." - Another King James Bible Believer

Here is the extant literature which has the text in it:

"... It is found in the Majority of all remaining Greek manuscripts including Sinaiticus, the Old Latin, Jerome’s Latin Vulgate 405 A.D. - “Necesse autem habebat dimittere eis per diem festum unum.”, the Syriac Pes.hitta, Harclean, Palestinian, Curetonian and Boharic, and the Anglo Saxon Gospels 990 - 1200 A.D. ancient versions. ...​
... Even though the NIV English version omits the whole verse, yet the Portuguese NIV of 1999 called Nova Versão Internacional contains the verse in the text - “ Ele era obrigado a soltar-lhes um preso durante a festa.” ..." - Another King James Bible Believer

Additionally:

Augustine, Chapter VIII.—Of the Absence of Any Discrepancies in the Accounts Which the Evangelists Give of What Took Place in Pilate’s Presence. :​
"... Thereafter he proceeds in these terms: “No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him: and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him. I will therefore chastise him and release him. For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast. ..." - Philip Schaff: NPNF1-06. St. Augustine: Sermon on the Mount; Harmony of the Gospels; Homilies on the Gospels - Christian Classics Ethereal Library - Philip Schaff: NPNF1-06. St. Augustine: Sermon on the Mount; Harmony of the Gospels; Homilies on the Gospels - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#13.

P66, P75, Aleph (Sinaiticus), B (Vaticanus), C*, D, W-suppl, 0125, 0141, pc, d, flg, Vulgate-pt, Curetonian, Bohairic-pt, ach2, Armenian-mss​

Here is the vast extant literature which has the text in it:

"... A,C-3, E, F, G, H, K, L, M, (S*), U, V, X-comm
Gamma, Delta, Theta, Lambda, Psi
047, 063, 078

Cursives: MAJORITY, fam 1,13
Old Latin: a, aur, b, c, e, ff2, g1, , j, r1, Vulgate
Syriac: Pes.hitta, Harclean, Palestinian
Coptic: Bohairic-pt
Armenian, Ethiopic

Also extant in Y, Omega, 055, 0211, 0233? ...

Tertullian (c. 200) refers to the passage and Tatian (c. 175) placed it in his Diatessaron. ..." - A Closer Look: Early Manuscripts & The A.V.; by Jack Moorman, page 102

Additionally:
"... TAITIAN, Diatessaron (I 10:77)

TERTULLIAN, Baptism (I 3:671,672)

GREGORY OF NAZIANZEN, Orations (III 7:372)

AMBROSE, Mysteries (III 10:320)

The index of the ANPF do not show any pre-400 AD Father quoting John 5:2,5 with the disputed portion omitted. There are no references to 5:2. There are four references in the Ante-Nicene volumes to 5:5. These are 1:393, 6:395, 8:419,428. ..." - Early Church Fathers and the Authorized Verson, by Jack Moorman, page 48

Additionally:

"... Verse 4 is found (with variations) in uncials A, C3, K, L, Pi, X comm, Delta, Theta, Psi, 047, 063, 078, cursives 28, 565, 700, 892, 1009, 1010, 1071, 1079, 1195, 1216, 1230, 1241, 1242, 1253, 1344, 1365, 1546, 1646,2148, 2174, Byzantine majority text and Lectionaries, Old Latin a (4th c), aur (7th), b (5th), c (12/13th), e (5th), f12 (5th),j (6th), rl (7th), the Syriac (Harkelian, Pes.hitta, Philoxenian, 3rd- 7th c), some manuscripts of the Coptic-Bohairic, the Armenian version; Diatessaron a, e arm, 1, n; Tertullian (220 AD), Ambrose (397 AD), Didymus (398 AD), Chrysostom (407 AD), Cyril (444 AD).

Ruckman (2) p 217, states that the Diatessaron copies (2nd century) attesting to the passage number over 200. Ruckman, ibid and Hills (3) p 146, (38) p 122, state that the passage is virtually intact in the vast majority of Greek manuscripts. See Fuller (33) p 157-8. Berry's Greek text supports this passage. ..." - Manuscript Evidence for Disputed Verses

Additionally:
"... Even the recent Nestle-Aland 27th edition critical text acknowledges that verse four is found in the Majority of all Greek manuscripts, the Old Latin, the Vulgate Clementine, the Syriac Pes.hitta and Harkelian, and in some copies of the Coptic Boharic ancient versions.

As for Robertson’s codex C, it was amended to now agree with the reading found in the King James Bible, and the codex D he mentions retains the words Robertson would have us omit from verse three. Robertson’s “oldest and best manuscripts” can’t even agree among themselves. ..." - Another King James Bible Believer

Reactions: RLT63

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... All of these words are found in a chapter of Acts selected at random (chapter 8). None of these words are found in modern English! They are all obsolete.

You mean like 'archaic' words? I do not know of a single Bible that does not use 'dead words', or archaic words, and words that do not mean the same thing as they did when originally given (and that includes the originals, for those 'original only' people), and neither do I know any persons who do not use dead words, or archaic words (even 'rappers' use them) and words that have changed meaning (ie "gay", "dude", "cool", etc).

For instance:

Archaic/dead words? You supposedly mean like these?

abode kernels ancients laden aright lance asunder lusty away with mantle beckon mattock begotten naught bier nurtured bewitched odious bowels osprey calved pangs celestial phylacteries coney plowshare confections rend convince respite cormorant rushes decked soothsayer deride spoil distill suckling dung temperate effect tetrarch estate trafficked forevermore unto fowl usury girdle vaunt hallowed vestments haunt vex heresies wanton infamy yokefellow inasmuch insatiable jeopardy

abase deride heresies pipes temperate abated didst hinds plowshare tenons abode distill importune presbytery teraphim adjure doest impotent principalities tetrarch alms dost inasmuch putrefaction thee ancient doth issue raiment thereon apparel dung jeopardy rampart thine aright effect know ravening thou art eminent laden remission thy asunder engines laud rend timbrel away with estate layer reprobate trafficked backbiting evermore lightness requite travail beget familiar litters riot unto beseech feigned lordly rushes usury bewail fetch lunatic seemly vagabond bewitched firstlings lusty seest valor bondwomen fleshhook mail seethe vaunt bowels footmen maintenance shalt venture breeches forbearance mammon sherd verily brimstone fowl mantle shod vermillion calves fuller maranatha shouldst vex canst gaiety mattock shouldest virtue cleave garners milch smith wanton comely gavest mill solace warp constrains girdle nether soothsayer wayfarers cormorant graven nurtured sore whence couches gross odious speakest wherewith covert guile offscouring stay woof crib handmaid pangs strait wrought dainty harrow paramours suckling yea dearth hast perdition swaddling yonder deck haunt phylacteries tares

abase daubed henceforth principality vestments abode dayspring heresies prognostication vex alms debased immutable psaltery virtue amiss decks impudent quarter visage anise deride inasmuch rampart wanton apparel dispensation issue rid warp aright disquiet jeopardy rifled wayfaring austere distill jot riotous whence away with dung know rushes whereupon backbiters effect laden satiate whet beckoned epistle laud shamefaced winebibber beggarly eventide laver shod woof begot evermore litters smith wrought bemoan familiar lordly soothsayer yea beseech fan lusty spoil yonder bewail feigned mail straits bewitched fetch mammon suckling bittern flanks mantle tares bondwomen flay mattock temperate brimstone footmen mill tenons calves forbearance mite terrestrial carnal foursquare nativity tetrarch celestial fowl offend therein circumspect fuller offscouring timbrel cloven gad omnipotent tittle comeliness godhead or ever unto concourses graven pangs usury confederacy greyhound paramours vagabond convince gross phylacteries valor covert hallowed pipes vehement crib haunts plowshare verity dainties hemlock potentate vermillion

abase disquieted henceforth ravening abate dissembles hoarfrost remission abode distill impudent rend adjuration dromedaries inasmuch riotous alms dung isles rushes apparel effect know sacrilege assuaged enjoined laden satiate asunder ensign lance seethe augment ensues laud sherd away with estate laver sloth backbiting eventide litters smith beget evermore lusty solace beggarly execration mail soothsayer bemoan familiar maintenance stay beseech firmament mantle straits bewail firstling mattock stripling bewitched flagon milch suppliants bier flay mill surfeit bowels footmen naught swaddling calving forbear noontide temperate cleft foursquare obeisance teraphim clemency fowl oblation thereupon comely fuller odious thrice coneys gad or ever timbrel constrains garner pangs trafficked cormorant goodly paramours unshod covert gross perdition crib guile phylacteries dainty hallowed pipes debased haltingly plowshare decked harrow pound delectable haunt rampart

None of those are being cited from the King James Bible [though they exist therein].

Row 1 is the NIV 1973.
Row 2 is the NASB [from revised ASV 1901].
Row 3 is the NKJV 1982.
Row 4 is the NRSV 1999 ["milch"].

The KJB uses some of the very words as found in all so-called 'modern' versions

What was that argument from 'archaic' ("dead") again? Tell me please ...

Do you ever hear anyone complain, from the 'moderninst' cult, that these need to be removed, updated? No ... they only ever attack one single book - the KJB, and use double standards, unbalanced scales. "Hypocrites" (Mar. 7:6). They found "fault" with Jesus too, the Word of God, so why wouldn't they seek to find "fault" with the "word of God"?

Do you complain about the archaisms in all modern versions, as I hear this whining about the KJB?

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you apply that to yourself? What if it’s you who have been led into error...what then?
I keep trying to discuss ANY point with you, but you refuse.

Let me ask you, is this an accurate representation of the WTS prophetic timeline?

AWHN - Bible - Timeline - Jehovahs Witnesses Time Chart.jpg

I am more than willing to look at ANY belief/practice that I currently have with you, openly, honestly, scripturally.

As stated, I did not start out a Seventh-day Adventist, neither with the King James Bible. I ended up here, because of the evidence, of which I can always examine, freely.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...always what you are NOT saying....
Are Ellen G. White's Writings Infallible?

By Robert K Sanders
I actually wrote to Robert K Sanders, and spoke with him on ChristianForums (before I was banned for the Nth time), when he was there. He could not address my texts on the subject at hand (then it was tithe), and I 'had to be booted' from the forums (again).
Many Seventh-day Adventists have written to me with the belief that the mistakes made by Ellen G. White (EGW) in her writings such as Bible contradictions, failed visions, and her hypocrisy, were the result of her claim that she was not infallible.
That's ridiculous, even on the face of it. Looks like he is still lying.

There are no "failed visions" (and to say that there are, is just an invalidated and unwarranted claim, and he (as others) has/have no support for his/their accusation, but simply repeating it, makes for good bashing on the internet).

I am not aware of any "Bible contradictions" by sister White, and I have heard them all and looked into each one, and this was demonstrated previously:

I am aware of several typos, punctuational errors and such things, and at least one known actual minor mistake on a particular subject, but no actual contradictions.

I am aware of no actual "hypocrisy", as the author claims.

Ellen G. White claimed to have the "Words of Eternal Truth"
Actually, most of the times, that she uses that phrase, it refers to the scriptures (Bible) - Ellen G. White Writings

The other time she uses it, refers to the Testimonies given to her, from Christ Jesus, by the Holy Ghost, to church members, where she, acting in her office as messenger of the LORD, is to recite the "language of the Scriptures" to them, in reproof for their errors:

"... It has been presented to me that, so far as possible, I am to impart instruction in the language of the Scriptures; for there are those whose spiritual discernment is confused, and when their errors are reproved, they will misinterpret and misapply what I might write, and thus make of none effect the words of warning that the Lord sends. He desires that the messages He sends shall be recognized as the words of eternal, truth.—Letter 280, 1906. ..."

So, RKS, simply misrepresents the phrase and how it is used in her own writings.

It is a shame that God did not tell Ellen which translation to use when he told her to use the language of Scripture.
Sister White used the "common version", aka, AV, or King James Bible, primarily, and always for preaching. She later was encouraged to use a smattering of other versions in print, by her sons. The percentage will vary from item to item, but overall, it's about 99.9% (KJB) to .1% (other, and most of those are no longer utilized today, by anyone (there may be an exception here or there), RV (1881), Boothroyd, Leeser, Noyes, Rotherham, etc). The reasons are several for the other translations, [1] some sentences are more easily transferrable into her works from those other translations, [2] some words in the AV, would need context to obtain a definition, and citing whole passages, when only a short part of the text is needful, would then lead to the utilization of another translation in that one part, [3] her sons, and a few others, continually attempted to have her utilize the newer (corrupt, unbeknowst to them) versions (she resisted them on most things when it mattered to doctrine or practice, or key word), [4] the style of prose in the psalms, others preferred over the AV textual line by line), and so on.

Manuscript Releases, 20MR, 170.5:

“... My brethren in the Lord, I am instructed to say that you must raise the standard of piety and truth and holiness higher, still higher. Compare [171] scripture with scripture. Encourage the people to study their Bibles. Nearly all have the common version, and the words are so simple and plain that all who read may understand. Let the Scriptures be read freely in the family and in the pulpit. The men who wrote the books of the Bible were inspired of God, and the words of Holy Writ are for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. {20MR 170.5} ...”​
Perhaps if The Clear Word Bible
See? Even though she has nothing to do with that thing, they still got to dig, and bring it up any way they can. It is a logical fallacy called "poisoning the well". This was already addressed here:

Those that claim that EGW's words are not infallible do not agree with EGW.
Not true. I gave the references from herself:

There is a complete difference between her words, and that which is "inspired of God" (ie, functioning under the influence of the Holy Ghost for a specific purpose). As stated, before, there is a difference between the Testimonies, the Spirit of Prophecy, and standard grocery lists, personal letters, or things like the Conflict series, which are a mixture of Bible scripture, history, spirit of prophecy (citing the previous), common sense, combination of material sources, etc. RKS doesn't understand, and will never understand those differences, because he chooses not to see those differences. The same examples could be given of the prophets in the Bible, OT and NT.

Last edited:

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The facts are this:

EGW did not claim infallibility for herself.
EGW did claim infallibility for her Testimonies and books.
And even more, EGW considered her writings equal to the prophets and apostles.
She also claimed to have the amazing ability to tell the difference between truth and error which would make what she writes infallible.
SDA Leaders teach that EGW is infallible.
The first line is true.

The second line is not true. Her "books" are many, and they are differing, and each is to be judged upon the type it is. The "Testimonies" are from God's Holy Spirit through sister White for specific individuals, members, churches.

The third line is not true. She has the same equality of inspiration as Moses, Miriam, Joshua, Deborah, Daniel, etc. The writings of sister White (all of them), are all "subject to" the Scriptures. They are NEVER equal to the scriptures. Sister White stated as such on several occasions.

“... W. C. White Statement of October 31, 1912

This was a personal letter Written to S. N. Haskell

(See also W. C. White Letter to W. W. Eastman, November 4, 1912, published in Selected Messages, book 3, pp. 445-450.) [[Link: whiteestate.org/vault/Eastman.html ]]

[Handwritten not by Ellen G. White: “I approve of the remarks made in this letter.”] [[Link: whiteestate.org/vault/EGW_Approval.jpg ]]

(See also W. C. White letter to W. W. Eastman, November 4, 1912, published in Selected Messages, book 3, pp. 445-450.)

[Handwritten note by Ellen G. White: "I approve of the remarks made in this letter."]

Regarding Mother's writings, she has never wished our brethren to treat them as authority on history. When Great Controversy was first written, she often times gave a partial description of some scene presented to her, and when Sister Davis made inquiry regarding time and place, Mother referred her to what was already written in the books of Elder Smith and in secular histories.

When Controversy was written, Mother never thought that the readers would take it as an authority on historical dates and use it to settle controversies, and she does not now feel that it ought to be used in that way. Mother regards with the greatest respect those faithful historians who have given their [lives] to the study of the working out in this world's history of God's great plan, and who have found in this study a correspondence of the history with prophecy.

Whenever proof has been found that the writers of our Adventist literature had come short of finding the exact truth regarding some detail, she has always taken her position in favor of correcting those things that were clearly found to be errors, and when consulted about the efforts that were being made to revise and correct the good book Daniel and Revelation [by Uriah Smith], she has always opposed making unnecessary changes and has always favored correcting those things that were plainly shown to be inaccurate.

It seems to me that there is danger of placing altogether too much stress upon chronology. If it had been essential to the salvation of man that he should have a clear and harmonious understanding of the chronology of the world, the Lord would not have permitted the disagreements and discrepancies which we find in the writings of the Bible historians, and it seems to me that in these last days there ought not to be so much controversy regarding dates.

For myself I will say this, that the more I study the experience of the Adventist people, the more I feel to honor and praise and magnify the wisdom of the God of heaven who gave to a plain man like William Miller an understanding of the great truths of the prophecies. It is evident to anyone who will study his explanation of prophecy that while he had the truth regarding the principal features, that he adopted at first many inaccurate and incorrect interpretations regarding details. At first these were accepted by his associates; but God raised up scholarly men who had enjoyed broader opportunities for study than Miller, and these men by their study of the prophecies and history found the truth regarding many points in which Miller's exposition was incorrect.

One who studies this experience from the standpoint of faith in that great Advent movement, as presented in Daniel and Revelation, and in Great Controversy, cannot fail to rejoice in the goodness of God as they see how He brought in truth and light through the study of many men and it seems to me that we who love the work that was built upon that foundation ought to treat very kindly, very considerately, very reverently the work which God helped Miller to do.

It seems to me that there is nothing any one can do at the present time that would more effectually destroy confidence of the people in Miller's work and the work of his associates than to speak and write about the matter in the tone and the spirit used by Brother _____. It seems to me that nothing could be done more effectually to destroy the confidence of the people in that good and glorious movement than to claim perfection for that which we know was not perfect, and thus challenge the criticism of thinking men.

I need not quote Brother ______'s words. I think you are familiar with them. It may be that you helped him to adopt the views which he expressed so unfortunately in his tract. But wherever he got his untimely assurance, I wish to say regarding it again that I think there is nothing that can so effectually destroy the respect and confidence that our people ought to maintain in the 1844 movement than for men to make such inconsiderate assertions as were made by Brother _____ in his tract and in his correspondence.

I believe, Brother Haskell, that there is danger in injuring Mother's work by claiming for it more that she claims for it, more than Father ever claimed for it, more than Elder Andrews, Waggoner, or Smith ever claimed for it. I cannot see consistency in our putting forth a claim of verbal inspiration when Mother does not make any such claim, and I certainly think we will make a great mistake if we lay aside historical research and endeavor to settle historical questions by the use of Mother's books as an authority when she herself does not wish them to be used in any such way. ...”

It's why there are several editions of the Great Controversy. Corrections were made, by sister White herself, going from 1884, to 1888, to 1911, ed.

The last line is not true. Seventh-day Adventist leaders (GC) do not claim sister White is "infallible", for if they had, they never would have sent her off to Australia. They even provide the citations I previously gave. What is claimed is infallible, is God, the Heavenly Council under God, the word of God (Bible), and that which the Holy Ghost (speaking what Jesus tells Him) inspired sister White with in the "spirit of prophecy", or "testimonies" (they, not she, would be infallible, as given by the Holy Ghost). These are specific things. They do not include quite a bit of material. The "testimonies" are not the Conflict series, and other things. RKS, simply makes a category error and conflates them all, not understanding their differences, neither understanding those same differences in scripture (ie. Nathan and David, etc).

E. G. White compares herself to Moses
She should, as looking at the life of Moses, and her life, there are tremendous parallels; aren't you curious to see them? Prov. 18:13,17.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh for goodness sake...take a breath!

I think they call that Bible bashing....you know, using the Bible as a battering ram rather than a book of wisdom and knowledge to whom only God grants access.....(John 6:65) No one can come to the Son without an invitation from his Father....not even Ellen White.

Why did Paul say.....
“Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.”

Or why was there headship in the congregation?

“But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.”

God used no women to write scripture....

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh for goodness sake...take a breath!

I think they call that Bible bashing....you know, using the Bible as a battering ram rather than a book of wisdom and knowledge to whom only God grants access.....(John 6:65) No one can come to the Son without an invitation from his Father....not even Ellen White.

Why did Paul say.....
“Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.”

Or why was there headship in the congregation?

“But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.”

God used no women to write scripture....
You have a great misunderstanding about women in the ministry, and what they can and cannot do according to scripture, even the very ones which you cited, even as the church is a "woman" and she was commanded to "teach" by the Head:

The context is about wrongful place ("authority") in teaching, not that a woman could not teach in the church.

Pro. 18:13,17 KJB

[1] Deborah was a prophetess [Judges 4:4].
[2] Miriam was a prophetess [Exodus 15:20].
[3] Huldah was a prophetess [2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chronicles 34:22]
[4] Isaiah's Wife, a prophetess [Isaiah 8:3]
[5] Anna in the Temple, the daughter of Phanuel is a prophetess [Luke 2:36].
[6] The 4 Daughters of Philip the Evangelist [Acts 21:9] were prophetesses.

Do you think that because Paul says, "Let your women keep silence in the churches ..." (1 Cor. 14:34), that Christian women are not ever allowed to speak, teach, witness, prophesy, pray, praise aloud or sing in church at any time or even during divine worship?

Thinking so, would not only misunderstand the context of which Paul gives by the Holy Ghost, be completely myopic, missing the entire point, and would, more seriously, violate or contradict other places in scripture, even that of Paul's other statements nearby and further elsewhere.

Yet, we know that scripture (KJB) cannot be broken (Jhn. 10:35).

Miriam spoke, sang, prayed, prophesied, taught, praised, etc in the "church in the wilderness" (Act. 7:38), and each example found in the OT itself. Does the Holy Ghost contradict Himself from one place to another in your view?

What was Paul concerned with? Mere speech of any woman? No. Read the context.

Paul said, "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Tim. 2:12), which deals with not mere teaching, but with teaching in a man's (even Elder's/Deacons) place, usurping authority which belonged unto men of the church (as Elders (Bishop), Deacons, Apostles).

See also vs. 11 "subjection", which means 'under authority'. As long as the women are under proper authority, there is no conjunction or command against them, preaching, teaching, praying, prophesying, singing, in the church.

The women were not to go above their station as given by God, as the man (husband) is the head of the woman (wife), even as Jesus (Son) is subject to the Father (His head; 1 Cor. 11:3), which is why Paul identifies Eve's sin in speaking to the serpent, which was not her place to do, but was for Adam to do, being the Head of their union. She usurped authority of the man and sought to teach outside her sphere, station, position or office in the first church on earth, the Edenic home church. She could normally speak, sing, pray, praise, etc just fine otherwise.

When Miriam stepped out of bounds and tried to be in Moses' place, then she went too far (teaching in the man's place, usurping authority), got into trouble and was rebuked by God. In every other instance she was within her rights as a woman and prophetess to sing, speak, teach, pray, praise, prophesy etc in the "church in the wilderness", even publicly, and during times of praise and worship....

... Barak would do nothing without Deborah.

Anna was actually in the Temple (women's section) praying, witnessing and prophesying out loud about the Messiah and the Gospel.

Paul states that the prophets (men or women) are to prophesy 2 or 3 at most in a church gathering setting. Paul says, "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoreth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven." (1 Cor. 11:5) which shows women praying and prophesying in church.

The Bible further says:

"All these were the sons of Heman the king's seer in the words of God, to lift up the horn. And God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters." (1 Chr. 25:5)​
"All these were under the hands of their father for song in the house of the LORD, with cymbals, psalteries, and harps, for the service of the house of God, according to the king's order to Asaph, Jeduthun, and Heman." (1 Chr. 25:6)​

Also:
"Beside their servants and their maids, of whom there were seven thousand three hundred thirty and seven: and there were among them two hundred singing men and singing women." (Ezr. 2:65, see also Neh. 7:67).​

Was Paul only speaking to men here? No.
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Col. 3:16).​

The gift of prophets and prophecy was given to both men and women in the church (1 Cor. 13-15; Eph. 4:4-16).

Philips 4 daughters are case examples, as they prophesied in the home church of Philip the Evangelist:
"And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy." (Act. 21:9).​

Anna, I already mentioned.

Paul said women can teach:
"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;" (Tit. 2:3).​

It is just that they are not to teach in a man's office or place of authority. The women spoken of, are the very wives of Elders (Bishop) and Deacons, and not they only.

Read the articles provided just below (Read response 1 & 2) , for many more examples and reasons are given.

As for the physical observance of sister White while in vision, such as super strength, endurance, no breath while speaking, eyes open, going down upon the face, and rising up and standing, etc, Have ye never read of Daniel, Isaiah, John, Peter, Paul, Balaam (when in God's service as prophet) and of the same manifestations among them? See Daniel 7-10, Numbers 24; Revelation 1, 4, etc., Acts 10-11 and 2 Cor. 12:2,4, &c. Paul was blind for three days after seeing the risen Lord in vision. Daniel was ill certain days. Isaiah said he felt he had no strength, like the others.

Why not study with me, instead of presenting an unstudied accusation?

Read response 1 -

Advent Review, and Sabbath Herald, vol. 21

Read response 2 -

The Signs of the Times, vol. 13

Feel free to also consider:

The Spirit of Prophecy (Bitchute) - The Spirit Of Prophecy by brother Aaron Earnest

The Spirit of Prophecy (Youtube) -

The Spirit of Prophecy (Odysee) - The Spirit Of Prophecy by brother Aaron Earnest

The Spirit of Prophecy (Rumble) - The Spirit Of Prophecy by brother Aaron Earnest

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good grief another SDA propaganda post.....I’m going to put you on ignore......it’s enough already.
All you’re doing is copying and pasting post after post. Any excuse to promote Ellen White’s teachings.

I’m done. I have no interest whatsoever in Ellen White...if you want to believe her, go ahead, it makes no difference to me at all. I’m just sick of hearing about her and your constant references to her. She is not my prophet any more than Joseph Smith is my prophet.

Jesus will let us all know soon enough who has it right and who dips out.
I’m going to let him.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The last line is not true. Seventh-day Adventist leaders (GC) do not claim sister White is "infallible", for if they had, they never would have sent her off to Australia. They even provide the citations I previously gave. What is claimed is infallible, is God, the Heavenly Council under God, the word of God (Bible), and that which the Holy Ghost (speaking what Jesus tells Him) inspired sister White with in the "spirit of prophecy", or "testimonies" (they, not she, would be infallible, as given by the Holy Ghost). These are specific things. They do not include quite a bit of material. The "testimonies" are not the Conflict series, and other things. RKS, simply makes a category error and conflates them all, not understanding their differences, neither understanding those same differences in scripture (ie. Nathan and David, etc).
A bit like mysticism, you know, we have the Mishna, Midrash, Halacha, kabbalah, but upon "investigative" penetrating searching, : Oh no, you don't understand, we hold the Torah as authoritative.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have a great misunderstanding about women in the ministry, and what they can and cannot do according to scripture, even the very ones which you cited, even as the church is a "woman" and she was commanded to "teach" by the Head:

The context is about wrongful place ("authority") in teaching, not that a woman could not teach in the church.

Pro. 18:13,17 KJB

[1] Deborah was a prophetess [Judges 4:4].
[2] Miriam was a prophetess [Exodus 15:20].
[3] Huldah was a prophetess [2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chronicles 34:22]
[4] Isaiah's Wife, a prophetess [Isaiah 8:3]
[5] Anna in the Temple, the daughter of Phanuel is a prophetess [Luke 2:36].
[6] The 4 Daughters of Philip the Evangelist [Acts 21:9] were prophetesses.

Do you think that because Paul says, "Let your women keep silence in the churches ..." (1 Cor. 14:34), that Christian women are not ever allowed to speak, teach, witness, prophesy, pray, praise aloud or sing in church at any time or even during divine worship?

Thinking so, would not only misunderstand the context of which Paul gives by the Holy Ghost, be completely myopic, missing the entire point, and would, more seriously, violate or contradict other places in scripture, even that of Paul's other statements nearby and further elsewhere.

Yet, we know that scripture (KJB) cannot be broken (Jhn. 10:35).

Miriam spoke, sang, prayed, prophesied, taught, praised, etc in the "church in the wilderness" (Act. 7:38), and each example found in the OT itself. Does the Holy Ghost contradict Himself from one place to another in your view?

What was Paul concerned with? Mere speech of any woman? No. Read the context.

Paul said, "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Tim. 2:12), which deals with not mere teaching, but with teaching in a man's (even Elder's/Deacons) place, usurping authority which belonged unto men of the church (as Elders (Bishop), Deacons, Apostles).

See also vs. 11 "subjection", which means 'under authority'. As long as the women are under proper authority, there is no conjunction or command against them, preaching, teaching, praying, prophesying, singing, in the church.

The women were not to go above their station as given by God, as the man (husband) is the head of the woman (wife), even as Jesus (Son) is subject to the Father (His head; 1 Cor. 11:3), which is why Paul identifies Eve's sin in speaking to the serpent, which was not her place to do, but was for Adam to do, being the Head of their union. She usurped authority of the man and sought to teach outside her sphere, station, position or office in the first church on earth, the Edenic home church. She could normally speak, sing, pray, praise, etc just fine otherwise.

When Miriam stepped out of bounds and tried to be in Moses' place, then she went too far (teaching in the man's place, usurping authority), got into trouble and was rebuked by God. In every other instance she was within her rights as a woman and prophetess to sing, speak, teach, pray, praise, prophesy etc in the "church in the wilderness", even publicly, and during times of praise and worship....

... Barak would do nothing without Deborah.

Anna was actually in the Temple (women's section) praying, witnessing and prophesying out loud about the Messiah and the Gospel.

Paul states that the prophets (men or women) are to prophesy 2 or 3 at most in a church gathering setting. Paul says, "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoreth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven." (1 Cor. 11:5) which shows women praying and prophesying in church.

The Bible further says:

"All these were the sons of Heman the king's seer in the words of God, to lift up the horn. And God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters." (1 Chr. 25:5)​
"All these were under the hands of their father for song in the house of the LORD, with cymbals, psalteries, and harps, for the service of the house of God, according to the king's order to Asaph, Jeduthun, and Heman." (1 Chr. 25:6)​

Also:
"Beside their servants and their maids, of whom there were seven thousand three hundred thirty and seven: and there were among them two hundred singing men and singing women." (Ezr. 2:65, see also Neh. 7:67).​

Was Paul only speaking to men here? No.
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Col. 3:16).​

The gift of prophets and prophecy was given to both men and women in the church (1 Cor. 13-15; Eph. 4:4-16).

Philips 4 daughters are case examples, as they prophesied in the home church of Philip the Evangelist:
"And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy." (Act. 21:9).​

Anna, I already mentioned.

Paul said women can teach:
"The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;" (Tit. 2:3).​

It is just that they are not to teach in a man's office or place of authority. The women spoken of, are the very wives of Elders (Bishop) and Deacons, and not they only.

Read the articles provided just below (Read response 1 & 2) , for many more examples and reasons are given.

As for the physical observance of sister White while in vision, such as super strength, endurance, no breath while speaking, eyes open, going down upon the face, and rising up and standing, etc, Have ye never read of Daniel, Isaiah, John, Peter, Paul, Balaam (when in God's service as prophet) and of the same manifestations among them? See Daniel 7-10, Numbers 24; Revelation 1, 4, etc., Acts 10-11 and 2 Cor. 12:2,4, &c. Paul was blind for three days after seeing the risen Lord in vision. Daniel was ill certain days. Isaiah said he felt he had no strength, like the others.

Why not study with me, instead of presenting an unstudied accusation?

Read response 1 -

Advent Review, and Sabbath Herald, vol. 21

Read response 2 -

The Signs of the Times, vol. 13

Feel free to also consider:

The Spirit of Prophecy (Bitchute) - The Spirit Of Prophecy by brother Aaron Earnest

The Spirit of Prophecy (Youtube) -

The Spirit of Prophecy (Odysee) - The Spirit Of Prophecy by brother Aaron Earnest

The Spirit of Prophecy (Rumble) - The Spirit Of Prophecy by brother Aaron Earnest
Brother, you are now harassing Aunty Jane and stalking her with your diabolical teachings, yes, you heard me right, diabolical, heteros, EGW teachings.

You are subtle and sly, why did you yoke up with this Forum?
To plaster your not infallible, but her writings is/are considered as infallible and your Church is growing by leaps and bounds, not a good sign, now you want to use this Forum and "download/regurgitate" everything you have on your site re SDA and EGW?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Good grief another SDA propaganda post.....I’m going to put you on ignore......it’s enough already.
All you’re doing is copying and pasting post after post. Any excuse to promote Ellen White’s teachings.

I’m done. I have no interest whatsoever in Ellen White...if you want to believe her, go ahead, it makes no difference to me at all. I’m just sick of hearing about her and your constant references to her. She is not my prophet any more than Joseph Smith is my prophet.

I’m going to let him.
He is a fox, and using you as a vessel to download everything from his site, flooding this Forum with "another gospel" and not afraid to BOLDLY quote EGW citations everywhere.

You don't have to put him on ignore, the Mods and Admins, those who are Spirit led, will oust him once, and once for all.

J.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The other time she uses it, refers to the Testimonies given to her, from Christ Jesus, by the Holy Ghost, to church members, where she, acting in her office as messenger of the LORD, is to recite the "language of the Scriptures" to them, in reproof for their errors:

"... It has been presented to me that, so far as possible, I am to impart instruction in the language of the Scriptures; for there are those whose spiritual discernment is confused, and when their errors are reproved, they will misinterpret and misapply what I might write, and thus make of none effect the words of warning that the Lord sends. He desires that the messages He sends shall be recognized as the words of eternal, truth.—Letter 280, 1906. ..."

So, RKS, simply misrepresents the phrase and how it is used in her own writings.
Would you kindly step aside, you are blocking my view from seeing Jesus the Christ.
What is it you are trying to do? Indoctrinate me with your diabolical hopscotch?
What is amazing is, that none of the other members are interested in what you are selling, so why using this Forum to "dump/ditch" your garbage?

I am no prophet, friend, but I can tell you that you are on your way out, unless you have "an uncle in the furnish store"

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Other way around, you have great misunderstanding.
You are not here to be corrected, but to impose and to harass.

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’m going to let him.
I wasn't the one who brought her up - that was Johann. I am simply responding to false allegations, that need to be rectified before the public, so that they (unlike yourself), rightly judge, as commanded by scripture (1 Thes. 5:19-21).

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I wasn;t the one who brought her up - that was Johann. I am simnply responding to false allegations, that need to be rectified before the public, so that they (unlike yourself), and rightly judge.
EGW: “In ancient times God spoke to men by the mouth of prophets and apostles. In these days He speaks to them by the testimonies of His Spirit. There never was a time when God instructed His people more earnestly then He instructs them now concerning His will and the course that He would have them pursue.” Testimonies 4, p. 147 and in Testimonies 5, p. 661 (1876).

Bible: Heb 1:1-2 (NIV) In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Was this instruction to a small group of SDA’s in 1876 more earnest than when God instructed Israel by the prophets, or people of the world by Noah and more earnest than the teaching of the Gospel by Jesus? Or was it E.G. White’s vivid and colorful imagination? EGW gives herself a promotion, that her work is “more earnest” than that of the prophets, apostles, and Jesus. Is this not infallibility?

Hebrews 1:1,2, tells us that Jesus will speak to men in the last days and EGW changes the Word of God to tell us that it is "the Testimonies of His Spirit." By saying "the Testimonies of his Spirit," she means her writings. Which do you believe, Jesus or Ellen White?

Did Ellen G. White Claim to be Able To Tell the Difference Between Truth and Error? YES!

Ellen White Enabled to Clearly Define Truth and Error. At that time [after the 1844 disappointment] one error after another pressed in upon us; ministers and doctors brought in new doctrines. We would search the Scriptures with much prayer, and the Holy Spirit would bring the truth to our minds. Sometimes whole nights would be devoted to searching the Scriptures and earnestly asking God for guidance. Companies of devoted men and women assembled for this purpose. The power of God would come upon me, and I was enabled clearly to define what is truth and what is error. Selected Messages, Book 3, page 31, 32, paragraph 4, Chapter Title: "The Primacy of the Word".

As the points of our faith were thus established, our feet were placed upon a solid foundation. We accepted the truth point by point, under the demonstration of the Holy Spirit. I would be taken off in vision, and explanations would be given me. I was given illustrations of heavenly things, and of the sanctuary, so that we were placed where light was shining on us in clear, distinct rays. Gospel Works, p. 302.

If EGW was able to "define truth" why did she contradict the Bible, have failed visions, and have non scientific health reform?

Published Truth Will Stand

I was shown that the truth once published now, will stand, for it is the truth for the last days; it will live, and less need be said upon it in future. Numberless words need not be put upon paper to justify what speaks for itself and shines in its clearness. Truth is straight, plain, clear, and stands out boldly in its own defense; but it is not so with error. It is so winding and twisting that it needs a multitude of words to explain it in its crooked form. Early Writings, p. 96. (1853.)

Adventism cannot renounce any of EGW's false doctrines such as the Investigative Judgment, The Mark of the Beast, and The Remnant Church without renouncing their prophetess. This is what makes the Seventh-day Adventism a cult.

To Deny the work of Adventists is to deny the Holy Spirit

I testify the things which I have seen, the things which I have heard, the things which my hands have handled of the Word of life. And this testimony I know to be of the Father and the Son. We have seen and do testify that the power of the Holy Ghost has accompanied the presentation of the truth, warning with pen and voice, and giving the messages in their order. To deny this work would be to deny the Holy Ghost, and would place us in that company who have departed from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits. Selected Messages, Book 2, page 388.

EGW puts her stamp of approval on her non biblical three angels messages of Revelation 14. The failure of Christ coming in 1844 under the first angels message of Wm. Miller means that to deny this is to deny the Holy Spirit.

SDA Leaders teach that EGW is infallible in her Testimonies.

What have the leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist Church through the years claimed for the writings of Ellen G. White?

On February 7, 1887, the General Conference passed the following resolution, “That we re-affirm our binding confidence in the Testimonies of Sister White to the Church, as the teaching of the Spirit of God.” SDA Year Book for 1914, p. 253.

Question? If the Testimonies are as claimed by Adventism, “the teachings of the Spirit of God,” would they not be infallible?

“Our position on the Testimonies is like the key-stone to the arch. Take that out and there is no logical stopping-place till all the special truths of the Message are gone...Nothing is surer than this, that the Message and visions (of Mrs. White) belong together, and stand or fall together.” Review and Herald Supplement, August 14, 1883.

Question? What is the message that Seventh-day Adventism is built upon—Jesus Christ and the Bible or E. G. White and her Testimonies? By Adventism's admission, if you take away the key-stone, the Testimonies, their message falls. This would be like removing Joseph Smith’s Book of Mormon from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

“It is from the standpoint of the light that has come through the Spirit of Prophecy (Mrs. White’s writings) that the question will be considered, believing as we do that the Spirit of Prophecy is the only infallible interpreter of Bible principles, since it is the Christ, through this agency, giving real meaning of his own words.” G. A. Irwin, General Conference President, from the tract The Mark of the Beast, p. 1.

The highest officer of the Church confesses that E. G. White’s writings are the only infallible interpreter of Bible principles. Believing this, how can we test the writings of E. G. White as being true? The Roman Catholic Church has an infallible interpreter of Scripture, the Popes for nearly 2000 years, and now the Adventism has a "pope" to infallibly interpret Scripture. The good news is that God has given his true Church a true infallible interpreter of Scripture and He is the Holy Spirit—all else is Satan’s counterfeit.

First, you wanted to indoctrinate me, I rejected what you are selling, and now I am a "reprobate"

2Pe 1:20 [Yet] first [you must] understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of any personal or private or special interpretation (loosening, solving).
2Pe 1:21 For no prophecy ever originated because some man willed it [to do so--it never came by human impulse], but men spoke from God who were borne along (moved and impelled) by the Holy Spirit.
AMP.

Gal 1:6 I am surprised and astonished that you are so quickly turning renegade and deserting Him Who invited and called you by the grace (unmerited favor) of Christ (the Messiah) [and that you are transferring your allegiance] to a different [even an opposition] gospel.
Gal 1:7 Not that there is [or could be] any other [genuine Gospel], but there are [obviously] some who are troubling and disturbing and bewildering you [with a different kind of teaching which they offer as a gospel] and want to pervert and distort the Gospel of Christ (the Messiah) [into something which it absolutely is not].
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel different from or contrary to that which you received [from us], let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!
Gal 1:10 Now am I trying to win the favor of men, or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah).

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1Jn 2:20 But you have been anointed by [you hold a sacred appointment from, you have been given an unction from] the Holy One, and you all know [the Truth] or you know all things.
AMP

1Jn 2:27 But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do].
AMP

και υμεις το χρισμα ο ελαβετε απ αυτου εν υμιν μενει και ου χρειαν εχετε ινα τις διδασκη υμας αλλ ως το αυτο χρισμα διδασκει υμας περι παντων και αληθες εστιν και ουκ εστιν ψευδος και καθως εδιδαξεν υμας μενειτε εν αυτω

John wrote thus to the young believers concerning the false teachers by way of warning. He does not have any fear as to the eventual outcome when he remembers that his readers had received ... the anointing from the Lord Jesus. As mentioned previously, the anointing is the Holy Spirit, and here we learn that the Holy Spirit abides in you. This is a positive statement that once the Holy Spirit is received, He will never be taken away. Because we have received the Holy Spirit, we do not need any one to teach us. This does not mean that we do not need Christian teachers in the church. God has made specific provision for such teachers in Eph_4:11. It means that the Christian does not need any teaching apart from what is found in the Word of God as to the truth of God. The Gnostics professed to have additional truth, but John is saying here that there is no need for additional truth. With the Word of God in our hands and the Spirit of God in our hearts, we have all that we need for instruction in the truth of God.
BB

No need for kainos dvar hisgalus

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.