Here's a likeable thread: Name something you like about a denomination (of Church) other than your own! (really, anything)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful song, That Thing Goin Round! I wish it would go viral too. Oh the fear that brought out in so many, many people!
You're pretty good @St. SteVen have you posted these on YouTube?
Thanks for the listen and encouragement.
I only have one song on YouTube. I need visuals to go with them.

The song is titled Wallermeddon Armageddon.
The term wallermeddon I made up to tease my boys with when they were young.
I would talk about watermelon in the Summer but would say wallermeddon instead of watermelon.
They were confused enough by this that they couldn't remember the right way to say it. - LOL

The song is about a Wallermeddon monster that attacks a family picnic. All in fun.
I asked my son to do the animation if he wasn't still too traumatized by the memory. - LOL
No worries.

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the listen and encouragement.
I only have one song on YouTube. I need visuals to go with them.

The song is titled Wallermeddon Armageddon.
The term wallermeddon I made up to tease my boys with when they were young.
I would talk about watermelon in the Summer but would say wallermeddon instead of watermelon.
They were confused enough by this that they couldn't remember the right way to say it. - LOL

The song is about a Wallermeddon monster that attacks a family picnic. All in fun.
I asked my son to do the animation if he wasn't still too traumatized by the memory. - LOL
No worries.

Wallermeddon...funny daddy! Ahaha, your son's psyche was protected by The Lord I see, his visuals are so cute! That's adorable.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wallermeddon...funny daddy! Ahaha, your son's psyche was protected by The Lord I see, his visuals are so cute! That's adorable.
Thanks.
I just remembered that I have three more songs on the YouTube channel odomodometer.
Michael Odom and I have collaborated on several songs. I'm usually the lyricist.

We just posted a new song titled Bookmark, on which I provided some vocals as well.
Another one titled Fresh Giblets, which is very grunge, as you would say.
And Orange (nothing rhymes with). A surprise for me using my lyrics.
Michael is from Charlotte, NC. We met on a songwriting forum. Very talented fellow.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is something I do admire about the Seventh Dayer's. No matter where they are in the whole world, their services are all on the same subject and same day. I would imagine that is pretty awesome if one is on vacation out of state, or abroad that, if they meet other SDA's they would have a very unified conversation.
Yes. I also like their dietary practices.

• Love

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely.
Stained glass windows are a favorite. RCC have some of the best around here.
Same here where I live. We have Catholic church's on every corner here on the south side of Buffalo.
It's also VERY Irish so, we also have bars on every block! :eek:
This is the big one just a few blocks from me, it's the Basilica. or Our Lady Of Victory. Chocked full with engraven images. SMH.

1687620069314.png1687620104499.png1687620149283.png1687620186977.png1687620211417.png

Reactions: dev553344

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here where I live. We have Catholic church's on every corner here on the south side of Buffalo.
It's also VERY Irish so, we also have bars on every block! :eek:
This is the big one just a few blocks from me, it's the Basilica. or Our Lady Of Victory. Chocked full with engraven images. SMH.

View attachment 33899View attachment 33900View attachment 33901View attachment 33902View attachment 33903
Beautiful stained glass. The architecture too. The domes reminds me of Greek Orthodox churches.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So this was a popular thread, back when I was posting on another board: Name something you like about a denomination (of Church) other than your own!

I would post something myself, but I don't want to prejudice others' ideas.

Are they (the other Churches) pro-active? Organized? Methodical? What?

We really should be learning from each other, don'tcha think?
I like the humanitarian works of the Catholic church.

Reactions: Gottservant

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful stained glass. The architecture too. The domes reminds me of Greek Orthodox churches.
It's funny you mention the Greek Orthodox as, the surrounding neighborhoods of the church have a sizeable amount of Greek Orthodox families, I've been to their fairs/festivals before. Food is good. We have many Greek restaurants in Buffalo area.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny you mention the Greek Orthodox as, the surrounding neighborhoods of the church have a sizeable amount of Greek Orthodox families, I've been to their fairs/festivals before. Food is good. We have many Greek restaurants in Buffalo area.
Gyros and stuffed grape leaves are my favorites.

• Love
Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy