Here's a likeable thread: Name something you like about a denomination (of Church) other than your own! (really, anything)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I attended a meeting at a UU church in Florida years ago. Their campus was in this gorgeous forest. And their church was comprised of three done buildings. No rectangular structures.

Walking in that first dome was like getting a big hug from my surroundings.

There were only two churches that came even close to that warm snuggle feeling after that.

My SiL's Catholic church. An centuries old structure. And the church of the Nazarene in my home town. Now demolished to make a place for an interstate on ramp and a Wendys. :Ohpleze:

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I attended a meeting at a UU church in Florida years ago. Their campus was in this gorgeous forest. And their church was comprised of three done buildings. No rectangular structures.

Walking in that first dome was like getting a big hug from my surroundings.
Was that a Unitarian Universalist church? Or what does UU stand for?
What do you think accounted for the warmth you felt there?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I miss the fellowship of the small church where I grew in Christ.
It was encouraging, loving and God moved greatly amongst the believers.
Pastor changes within the affiliation can sometimes break apart that fellowship.
Yes, and when that happens, it causes much sorrow as, the body has then, been divided..."Mark those who cause division, and avoid them.."

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know if the Catholic Church being so huge is a good thing, but I like that they break up into little parishes.

Reactions: marks

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something you could do, is think of what you like about a Church that is the opposite of your own in terms of temperature.

Like if you are in a cold Church, what do you like about a hot Church?

I like the enthusiasm of black preachers that stir up the congregation to praise God; as an attendee of a cold Church, sometimes we miss how simple praising God can be (and how empowering).