Hey Everyone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NoahsArkHadPenguins

Feb 5, 2011
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and thought I'd tell yall about myself. I am Noah and my favorite animal is penguins! I am a sophomore computer science major at Oklahoma Christian University. Probably going to be graduating in 2014 - 15 (if the world doesn't end in 2012!! haha). My background: I was born into a christian family but became an atheist in the 9th grade: I decided God was a wasted idea and an annoyance.. in the 10th grade I became and angry agnostic. I recognized God was real but due to family issues (my mom and dad had been fighting for years because of money hardships nearly ending in divorce) felt abandoned by God and cursed him for it. Around the end of the 11th grade I started to pray for my mom and dad because things hadn't been getting better and I finally decided to reach out to God for help. Things started to get better but then my uncle, a man my dad looked up to committed suicide or was murdered by his second wife (either is possible, we are unsure). My dad fell apart and his dental practice started to show it. We were threatened to be evicted more than once but managed to squeak each time. My mom fell apart due to all that and all the built up stress weighed heavy on me. My faith slipped and I became angry at God once again. My mom's parents took over the mortgage on the house which helped a lot. My parents went to counseling and things started to get better again but i refused to trust God anymore. My senior year I was asked to come to youth group at a small church across the street from our school by one of my good friends. I went and had fun and it started to work on my heart. Although things between my parents were still heated I started to look to God some more. That youth group really helped me a lot! the youth minister was more anti cliche than the youth minister at my home church. I actually felt apart of everything. I credit Windsong Church of Christ in North Little Rock for pushing me in the right direction! However, I did not start trusting God until my second semester at Oklahoma Christian. I met the girl that changed my life (we are going on a year on the 26th!). She has been a blessing from God! without her I am pretty sure I would remain an Agnostic the rest of my life. Also the friends I have made here have really helped a bunch! Its amazing how God works. It took several years but I am back under his wing!

I hope this forum will help me grow even further because no matter were one is there is always things you don't know. I know very little and want to grow! I have only been a Christian for about a year now.

O and I don't know if this is too bold to say but I'll be going on my first mission trip to Japan this summer and need help raising funds. If you are willing to help/can help i can give you more info :) I'm really excited to be finally making good of my life! I hope i can make God proud by the time I'm up there with him.

God bless you all and I'm looking forward to my time with all of you!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Welcome to CB! Good testimony, God always provides and pulls us through, and i prayed for your mission trip to Japan.