Hi All!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jessie A

Jan 2, 2011
Maine
I am new to the online Christian community and am looking for a forum that is non denominational and modern, since I grew up with a Catholic father and Baptist mother. I just started a 1 year plan to read The Bible entirely for the first time as an adult - I'm 29, and was wondering if this is the right place for me...:)

australia

Nov 25, 2010
I am new to the online Christian community and am looking for a forum that is non denominational and modern, since I grew up with a Catholic father and Baptist mother. I just started a 1 year plan to read The Bible entirely for the first time as an adult - I'm 29, and was wondering if this is the right place for me...:)

Glad to hear. I read the entire Holy Bible for the first time about 5 years ago and found it was quite different to what I expected. Since then I've learnt far more than I ever did in a church. Then I found a free PC bible which can be downloaded from here;

www.e-sword.net

It has been a very valuable tool in my ongoing studies because it's a KJV including original hebrew/greek definitions.

I'll let you get back to your reading.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the non-denominational and modern part gave me a great chuckle. We strive to be non-denominational, but modern wasn't on the mission statement, but I guess you can say that. I want this place to feel up with the times. ;)

I had a good friend in college who grew up with one Jewish and one Catholic parent so I've definitely heard about the split backgrounds. We try not and get too denominational around here, but it's not a black mark to be one way or another.

Actually reading, studying, and working with God to understand is the single most rewarding thing you can do when it comes to the Bible. If you stick to it, it most certainly will influence your relationship with God.

Jessie A

Jan 2, 2011
Maine
Thanks!

Glad to hear. I read the entire Holy Bible for the first time about 5 years ago and found it was quite different to what I expected. Since then I've learnt far more than I ever did in a church. Then I found a free PC bible which can be downloaded from here;

www.e-sword.net

It has been a very valuable tool in my ongoing studies because it's a KJV including original hebrew/greek definitions.

I'll let you get back to your reading.

Jessie A

Jan 2, 2011
Maine
LOL I guess I was trying to say I was looking for a place of open-mindedness, in my situation ;) I want to learn His word free of any pressure to decide. So far, so good here!
Well, the non-denominational and modern part gave me a great chuckle. We strive to be non-denominational, but modern wasn't on the mission statement, but I guess you can say that. I want this place to feel up with the times. ;)

I had a good friend in college who grew up with one Jewish and one Catholic parent so I've definitely heard about the split backgrounds. We try not and get too denominational around here, but it's not a black mark to be one way or another.

Actually reading, studying, and working with God to understand is the single most rewarding thing you can do when it comes to the Bible. If you stick to it, it most certainly will influence your relationship with God.

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I guess I was trying to say I was looking for a place of open-mindedness, in my situation ;) I want to learn His word free of any pressure to decide. So far, so good here!

Dear Just Jesse,

Welcome and I might throw in my two cents worth of suggestions. Reading the Bible is wonderful, but remember the counsel of Jesus when He said: "search the scriptures." Casual reading is helpful, but intense searching, pondering and prayer will give you a whole new dimension of joy and understanding. You might be amazed to find that sometimes a deep understanding of only a few or sometimes a single verse can reveal a wealth of new insight or a greater appreciation of all that Christ has done for us.

Be persistent, cherish each new thing learned and remember NONE of us learn it all in one reading or even ten readings.

May the Lord bless you as you diligently search His word.

Regards,
Job one