How Evil Are Humans?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this scripture is in Genesis is it....as we’re talking about Adam....please reference where you got this from?

There is Nothing to say that Adam lacked “ faith” in any of that.

You just interpreted it..by yourself.
"Without faith it is impossible to please Him (God)."

Adam disobeyed God.

The entire chapter of Hebrews 11 is about obedience by faith.

"By faith Abel offered unto God.."

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark..."

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed."

"By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac."

"By faith Isaac blessed Jacob..."

"By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused...."

"Who through faith subdued..."

We cannot say by faith Adam disobeyed God.

We cannot say by faith Adam obeyed God.

We cannot attribute faith to Adam, can we?

Now if there was no faith, would all those in Hebrews 11 have done anything?

This is not about faith. I am pointing out the one point only:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him"

Adam disobeyed God. We do know that, don't we? Is there something else other than faith that messed up Adam's thinking?

What is Scripture for, if we cannot apply it to some point in the first 3 chapters of Genesis? How do we apply Scripture if no one is allowed to interpret Scripture in their own mind? If we never put our thoughts into a post, how is anyone supposed to understand what we think? You can credit my thoughts to someone else, because they certainly were not conceived by me. Can you think of any human today who has had an original thought that only they have come up with?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be difficult for Eve to eat of the tree if she didn't touch the forbidden fruit first.

They were expelled from the garden so not to be able to then eat of the tree of life and live forever.

They disobeyed God when not possessed of the intellect to know right from wrong so to understand the implications of ultimatum.

Why would God plant a forbidden tree in the garden? This makes the fall God's responsibility.
All of creation is God's responsibility. Even the LOF.

Do you blame God every time you sin? Why not? Is that not being a hypocrite about your point?

BTW: Adam blamed God. But not because God put the tree in the Garden. Adam blamed God for giving Eve to him.

"The woman whom thou gavest to be with me."

Why were those words added? Adam could have just blamed Eve, but he added a qualifier.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Without faith it is impossible to please Him (God)."

Adam disobeyed God.

The entire chapter of Hebrews 11 is about obedience by faith.

"By faith Abel offered unto God.."

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark..."

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed."

"By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac."

"By faith Isaac blessed Jacob..."

"By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused...."

"Who through faith subdued..."

We cannot say by faith Adam disobeyed God.

We cannot say by faith Adam obeyed God.

We cannot attribute faith to Adam, can we?

Now if there was no faith, would all those in Hebrews 11 have done anything?

This is not about faith. I am pointing out the one point only:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him"

Adam disobeyed God. We do know that, don't we? Is there something else other than faith that messed up Adam's thinking?

What is Scripture for, if we cannot apply it to some point in the first 3 chapters of Genesis? How do we apply Scripture if no one is allowed to interpret Scripture in their own mind? If we never put our thoughts into a post, how is anyone supposed to understand what we think? You can credit my thoughts to someone else, because they certainly were not conceived by me. Can you think of any human today who has had an original thought that only they have come up with?
That is not scripture....about Adam having no faith.....you have posted once again your own summary...

Still waiting for scripture?

All you do is post your opinions...nothing you post here imo makes sense.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have no proof. Take it or leave it. Some would call what Eve said hearsay.

You would think God removed all speculation on the most important event in their life.

If a certain percentage of humanity can see that Eve was adding to God's Word, who is right or wrong? Do we cast lots? Vote as in a democracy? Study theology and human opinion?

God told Moses what to write. Even showing us Eve's addition to Scripture. Although obviously you don't see it that way.

God knew we would post about it almost 6,000 years later, no?
Maybe you could go and ask a religious Jew?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I would love to know is what did Adam and Eve take part in? What did they eat? It seems that we will never know and can guess all day long since the Bible does not tell us.

I would presume they ate of fruit trees and herbs. And presume they likely observed animal instinctual behaviors of browsing, tasting, cuddle sleeping, cleaning themselves, interactions, sex etc.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would presume they ate of fruit trees and herbs. And presume they likely observed animal instinctual behaviors of browsing, tasting, cuddle sleeping, cleaning themselves, interactions, sex etc.
Man learning from the animals?....thats an interesting one!
Made in God's image I imagine they learned from God through the intermediary of angels if not directly?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there is literally nothing in those verses claiming Adam had opportunity to eat from the tree of life, nor repent. One would have to gather fruit from a tree, in order to eat that fruit. I have never really seen a person try to eat while the fruit is still attached to the tree.

You said “gather”… I didn’t.
You said “ I said gather”…I didn’t.

“If” “A” person “takes” “A” fruit from “A” tree,
And eats “A” fruit. They have “not gathered’.

“IF” Adam …
Gen 3:
[22] And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

“THEN” Adam would have LIVED FOR EVER.

Adam did NOT put forth his HAND and TAKE ALSO of the TREE OF LIFE.

[23] “Therefore” the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

“Therefore”….”Because” Adam DID NOT “ALSO” TAKE and EAT of the TREE OF LIFE….
ADAM was SENT OUT OF THE GARDEN.

Gen 5:
[5] And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

AND…..OUTSIDE of the Garden ADAM Lived and Adams body DIED at AGE 930 years.

Not my job to Understand FOR you, what “gather” means, what “IF” means, what “opportunity” means,

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Made in God's image I imagine they learned from God through the intermediary of angels if not directly?
Makes you wonder what it was like back them....I mean I can’t even imagine what it would have been like, being in the presence of God....

What I don’t understand is....if we as humans saw God as he is...we would perish....yet Adam and Eve were there in the garden with him.....I guess we will never know.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not scripture....about Adam having no faith.....you have posted once again your own summary...

Still waiting for scripture?

All you do is post your opinions...nothing you post here imo makes sense.
As mentioned by the Apostle James, a person's faith can be identified by their actions. He stated, "I will show you my faith by my works." It is uncertain whether Adam had faith or not, but if he did, he would have demonstrated it through his actions. In order to demonstrate the principle I have in mind, let's explore whether Eve had faith.

We know that Eve had faith.

Faith is easier to see in the light of a promise. Once God makes a promise, those of faith believe the promise, they place hope in the promise, and they walk in the light of that promise.

Did God make a promise to Eve? What was her reaction?

Speaking to Nachash God said,

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.”

God told Nachash that a seed from the woman would bruise him on the head. If Eve has faith, then she will believe God's word concerning her child and what her child will do with regard to Nachash.

Genesis 4:1
Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, “I have gotten a manchild with the help of the Lord.”

Here we witness Eve's faith as she gave credit to God for the birth of her child. In this way, Moses alerts his readers to the fact that Eve walked in the light of the promise God gave her that a child of hers would bruise Nachash on the head. As it turns out Cain wasn't the man who would fulfill the promise. But eventually, Jesus Christ, one of her descendants, did bruise Nachash on the head.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God called on Adam IN the Garden.
Adam was sent forth out of the Garden.
Adam was 235 years old, when men began to call on the LORD.

Many animals have keener senses (seeing smelling, etc.) than humans…
By observing animals, a man can get an early warning of danger, (FOR example; keep a distance, harbor from bad weather, food to avoid, food to eat, AND socializing, building homes with chambers, caring for offspring, mating, etc.)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As mentioned by the Apostle James, a person's faith can be identified by their actions. He stated, "I will show you my faith by my works." It is uncertain whether Adam had faith or not, but if he did, he would have demonstrated it through his actions. In order to demonstrate the principle I have in mind, let's explore whether Eve had faith.

Faith is easier to see in the light of a promise. Once God makes a promise, those of faith believe the promise, they place hope in the promise, and they walk in the light of that promise.

And I will put enmity

God told Nachash that a seed from the woman would bruise him on the head. If Eve has faith, then she will believe God's word concerning her child and what her child will do with regard to Nachash.

Now the man had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, “I have gotten a manchild with the help of the Lord.”

Here we witness Eve's faith as she gave credit to God for the birth of her child. In this way, Moses alerts his readers to the fact that Eve walked in the light of the promise God gave her that a child of hers would bruise Nachash on the head. As it turns out Cain wasn't the man who would fulfill the promise. But eventually, Jesus Christ, one of her descendants, did bruise Nachash on the head.
Faith is believing for us, what God has revealed to our spirit, in other words he must speak/ testify with our spirit, by his word....he did that to me 30 odd years ago....he spoke to my spirit regarding a particular area of my life.....there is no mistaking God’s word....as a Born Again child.....I’ve been walking in faith and believing what he spoke to me.....he is true to his word and I know in my heart, I will receive what he promised me.....in fact I’m in the process of receiving it now.....mind blowing it is....watching him at work and only he can bring it to fruition...we are just vessels that he uses to Glorify Him...we are useless without him and can do nothing in our own strength.....took me a long time to realise that....he’s in control....I’m not and know it now in my heart.....that was a very long learning process...
My testimony regarding faith....

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

And I will put enmity

Have no idea what ...did bruise Nachash on the head?.....can you point me to that scripture please?
Not sure she had faith , nothing to prove either of them had faith....she just said I have gotten a man child with the help of the Lord....we’re not in a position to assume that was faith in action....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And I will put enmity

Nothing indicates Adam and Eve “did not have faith”… (as some are wondering).

Faith is a GIFT from God, Given to men WHO are Hearing His Word.
Gods gift of Faith is given “in measures”…
Hear a little of Gods Word, receive a little Faith for hearing a little.

Yes, Adam and Eve had Faith.
Yes, Adam and Eve, as are all humans, weaker than “spirits” (good and evil)
Yes,, Adam and Eve, as are all (not born again humans) vulnerable to evil spirits, (and wicked power sitting men).

Adam and Eve (in the Garden) were in the presence of the LORD. Adam and Eve could not “SEE” God, “God could SEE them”.
Adam and Eve “understood” they were IN Gods Presence; BECAUSE “they” could “HEAR” God speak to them.

Thus, those “wondering” how Adam and Eve could “SEE” God and live…
They didn’t SEE God.
They HEARD Gods voice, which men in this day and age, should have learned, Gods VOICE is CALLED “Gods Word”, is CALLED “truth”, is Named: JESUS, is the CHRIST is He who IS:
The SAME, yesterday, to day and tomorrow.
(Heb 13:8)

God Bless your efforts to those who hear, yet do not comprehend.

Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Living faith can only come from the living word of God....that must be delivered by Him to the heart/ spirit of a person....He delivers that word by his Spirit....we receive his word.....then off we go walking in faith as we now belong to God.....

Reactions: CadyandZoe

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God called on Adam IN the Garden.
Adam was sent forth out of the Garden.
Adam was 235 years old, when men began to call on the LORD.

Many animals have keener senses (seeing smelling, etc.) than humans…
By observing animals, a man can get an early warning of danger, (FOR example; keep a distance, harbor from bad weather, food to avoid, food to eat, AND socializing, building homes with chambers, caring for offspring, mating, etc.)
I had imagined that the powers of observation in man straight from the hand of God would have been equal to none. It appears Adam named the animals in a day. I guess he would have observed their traits/ characteristics and given them names accordingly. This tells me he was the sharpest cookie!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Makes you wonder what it was like back them....I mean I can’t even imagine what it would have been like, being in the presence of God....

What I don’t understand is....if we as humans saw God as he is...we would perish....yet Adam and Eve were there in the garden with him.....I guess we will never know.
I think in the Earth made new we will know. Revelation 22:4 tells us we will see his face.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had imagined that the powers of observation in man straight from the hand of God would have been equal to none. It appears Adam named the animals in a day. I guess he would have observed their traits/ characteristics and given them names accordingly. This tells me he was the sharpest cookie!

Did you catch the parallels? (In brief)
God made to come forth out of the male a female, and called their name ADAM.
The male called the female, EVE.
God called the female, woman and wife.
Joining male and female is called One.

The serpents curse was to have no legs, but slither on his belly. Also enmity ‘between’ his seed and the females seed.

Nations are referenced in the feminine; female , she, her.
The serpent, dragon, devil, are referenced by the name Satan, whose efforts of his power, is to ‘weaken’ the nations, “IOW”, draw the nations away from God.

ISRAEL, her seed, while scattered, fallen many times into choosing to follow gentile ways, have kept a remnant faithful to God, even when her seed (ISRAEL) was not recognized by Gentiles.

Gods “voice” came forth out from Gods mouth and God called His Voice His Word, and sent His Word to where He chose and Named His Word a Name Above ALL other names: JESUS.
(Isa 55:11)

JESUS said:
I and my father ARE ONE (John 10:3)
God (IS: Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscience) and revealed; His Word Jesus, IS His Power, His Wisdom, His Seed, Sent to SAVE mankind, (despite the presence of EVIL spirits and WICKED men, whose “powers” ARE greater than common men OF this world.)

It’s a parallel revealing, what men FIRST are exposed to, and consider…. It is the SECOND that Gods “sends”…to pay attention to.

Job 38:
[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The morning stars observing the foundation of this world being created and made and prepared for the creation of manKIND…
Was:
“Jesus” and “Lucifer”…
Lucifer was SENT to earth First…(before manKIND was created)
Gods Word was SENT to earth MULTIPLE times for 4,000 years, (name unknown) once manKIND was created.
Gods Word was SENT to earth ( 2,000 years ago) in the Likeness AS a man, FOR men on the Earth, to HEAR…AND SEE…AND Record, Write, Copy, tell and give written records to pass song, spread to others that others may recognize, learn, believe He came forth out from God,
(John 16: 27-28)
IS God, IS come with an Offering to all men, for HOW, according to God, manKIND can overcome (once and for ever) Satan’s influences and power to Keep men FROM God.

Gen 5:
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that [God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Rev.4
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Rev.11
[17] Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Lord; Jesus, Son Teacher, Savior, Priest, Word, Maker, Holy
God; Creator, Father, Ideas, Plans, Will, Unseen, Love, Holy
Almighty; Glory, Power, Christ, Holy

ONE, Holy Lord God Almighty.
MAKING His (willingly) creations ONE Holy People.
( Jews, Gentiles, Ignorant, Divided, Separated, Sick, Diseased, Sorrowful, Sad, Chaos, Duress, Alone, Afraid, Worrisome, Oppressed, Threatened, wavering between Mind and Spirit, etc. OVERCOME. Perfected, holy

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think in the Earth made new we will know. Revelation 22:4 tells us we will see his face.

Yes, the born again SHALL, see Him “AS HE IS”….Spirit.

1 John 3:
[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

…. we (WHO ARE born Again, sons of God) shall see him as he is….SPIRIT.

…..ALL, (born again, NOT born Again, (above the Earth, in the Earth) shall SEE….the Son of MAN.

Phil 2:
[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Rev 14:
[14] And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Glory to God,
Taken

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have no idea what ...did bruise Nachash on the head?.....can you point me to that scripture please?
I'm not sure what you are asking. But I'll to my best to answer.

The Hebrew word "nachash" has various meanings depending on its usage. The most common interpretation of "nachash" is "serpent", "snake", or "reptile." In Genesis 3, Satan is referred to as "Nachash," which means serpent. However, I believe that Moses intended to convey that Satan's name was "Nachash," and not that he was literally a snake. In my opinion, Genesis 3:14 is an imprecatory curse, and the references to crawling on the ground allude to times when a king forces his enemy to grovel on the ground before him. In other words, eventually Satan will be forced into humiliating servitude.

With regard to God's prediction that Satan would be crushed under the feet of a child born to her, Paul the apostle mentions this in his epistle to the Romans.

Romans 16:20 "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet."

Not sure she had faith , nothing to prove either of them had faith....she just said I have gotten a man child with the help of the Lord....we’re not in a position to assume that was faith in action....
I think yes, we can conclude her faith from her statement. That is why Moses recorded it. He rarely adds insignificant details.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what you are asking. But I'll to my best to answer.

The Hebrew word "nachash" has various meanings depending on its usage. The most common interpretation of "nachash" is "serpent", "snake", or "reptile." In Genesis 3, Satan is referred to as "Nachash," which means serpent. However, I believe that Moses intended to convey that Satan's name was "Nachash," and not that he was literally a snake. In my opinion, Genesis 3:14 is an imprecatory curse, and the references to crawling on the ground allude to times when a king forces his enemy to grovel on the ground before him. In other words, eventually Satan will be forced into humiliating servitude.

With regard to God's prediction that Satan would be crushed under the feet of a child born to her, Paul the apostle mentions this in his epistle to the Romans.

Romans 16:20 "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet."

I think yes, we can conclude her faith from her statement. That is why Moses recorded it. He rarely adds insignificant details.
Interesting.