How Feminism Failed Women

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hypergamy. In a word, for those who appreciate exactness.

This is a thread I've wanted to start for some time. I've got 2 friends who are 60 years old who have gone through divorce in the last year. Let's approach this subject with relevant Scripture.

God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful
Galatians 5:22 (CEV)

After 50 years, feminism has failed to produce happier women. Gains in women’s rights haven't made women happier. Why is that? A hallmark of any valid principle is that it works. Feminism does not work. There can be no greater indicator of a flawed belief system than it fails the Galatians 5:22 test, it fails to produce happiness. The scientist in all of us ought to ask why is it that feminism has failed?

Of course, feminists double down on external causes, move the goal posts. From equal opportunity to equal outcomes. From equal pay for equal work to equal pay, regardless of work. The embrace of victim mentality is somehow empowering but does not produce happier woman. After half a century, the data is in. Women make different choices than men. And these choices make them less happy. Why?

Regarding relationships, the feminist claim was that feminism would make relationships between men and women better because there would be less stress on men to financially provide and have less stress in making all the big decisions. This idea is wrong because it fails to take into account inherent nature of women; hypergamy. Repeating the failure of Original Sin, today's woman want it all. The catch phrase is that they "won't settle" AS IF that makes them a strong, high value women. Feminism's appeal to woman's pride - of coveting, of getting MORE - is the root cause of feminism's failure.

In practice, today's women don't get more, they get less. They end off bitter and alone. Men are far worse off also and that is a topic for another thread. Let us pray. Let us pray people turn away from failed ideas not of this world and embrace Jesus and the fruit of the Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hypergamy. In a word, for those who appreciate exactness.

This is a thread I've wanted to start for some time. I've got 2 friends who are 60 years old who have gone through divorce in the last year. Let's approach this subject with relevant Scripture.

God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful
Galatians 5:22 (CEV)

After 50 years, feminism has failed to produce happier women. Gains in women’s rights haven't made women happier. Why is that? A hallmark of any valid principle is that it works. Feminism does not work. There can be no greater indicator of a flawed belief system than it fails the Galatians 5:22 test, it fails to produce happiness. The scientist in all of us ought to ask why is it that feminism has failed?

Of course, feminists double down on external causes, move the goal posts. From equal opportunity to equal outcomes. From equal pay for equal work to equal pay, regardless of work. The embrace of victim mentality is somehow empowering but does not produce happier woman. After half a century, the data is in. Women make different choices than men. And these choices make them less happy. Why?

Regarding relationships, the feminist claim was that feminism would make relationships between men and women better because there would be less stress on men to financially provide and have less stress in making all the big decisions. This idea is wrong because it fails to take into account inherent nature of women; hypergamy. Repeating the failure of Original Sin, today's woman want it all. The catch phrase is that they "won't settle" AS IF that makes them a strong, high value women. Feminism's appeal to woman's pride - of coveting, of getting MORE - is the root cause of feminism's failure.

In practice, today's women don't get more, they get less. They end off bitter and alone. Men are far worse off also and that is a topic for another thread. Let us pray. Let us pray people turn away from failed ideas not of this world and embrace Jesus and the fruit of the Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.

Feminism in and of itself isn’t a bad thing. It basically means equal rights for women.

Consider the fact that for most of human history women were treated not just like second class citizens, but also like children. An example: Do you know the origin of the wedding ring? Before marriage, the husband-to-be gave his wife-to-be an expensive ring as a form of insurance: If he didn’t like her and wanted a divorce soon after, people of that day and age unfortunately considered her “damaged goods.” So if there was an absconding event on the part of the husband, the ditched wife could sell the expensive ring and get some compensation. Sounds like a terrible way to treat women.

Also, I’m not a Democrat or progressive. My political views are center-right, and I usually vote Republican (but not for Trump). I recognize that feminism isn’t some sort of leftist conspiracy or culturally subversive disease; it is actually common sense to treat women as equals. It’s true that there are angry older women who are unhappy in life or unhappy about not having a man, and they call themselves feminists. But bitter spinsters, some of whom genuinely have a chip on their shoulder towards men, are not representative of all people who value gender equality.

You complain about hypergamy. By that, I presume you mean women’s tendency to want to “date up” (which we have all observed). Since there are more educated women in the work force, I can easily see how men who work as janitors or work other humble jobs may have a hard time finding a wife or girlfriend. But the way to deal with your lack of dating success isn’t to bash feminism, equality, and women in general. Instead you need to lower your standards: Try dating a single mom, or try dating a woman who is overweight, or you could get a bride from the Philippines.

There are solutions to your dating issue. Don’t be so misguided.

• Haha
Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since there are more educated women in the work force, I can easily see how men who work as janitors or work other humble jobs may have a hard time finding a wife or girlfriend.
The vast majority of men and women don't consider their prospective partner's relationship with Christ because they themselves don't have any relationship with him. A very Godly Christian woman who is a CEO of a big company might very well be willing to date and marry a janitor IF he too is a very faithful Christian.

I want to add that what the world considers to be successful is not necessarily what God considers to be successful. After we are transformed by Jesus, we will be more fascinated with the lowly janitor that was rabidly faithful to Jesus and have no interest in former presidents, emperors, kings, etc.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feminism in and of itself isn’t a bad thing. It basically means equal rights for women.

Consider the fact that for most of human history women were treated not just like second class citizens, but also like children. An example: Do you know the origin of the wedding ring? Before marriage, the husband-to-be gave his wife-to-be an expensive ring as a form of insurance: If he didn’t like her and wanted a divorce soon after, people of that day and age unfortunately considered her “damaged goods.” So if there was an absconding event on the part of the husband, the ditched wife could sell the expensive ring and get some compensation. Sounds like a terrible way to treat women.

Also, I’m not a Democrat or progressive. My political views are center-right, and I usually vote Republican (but not for Trump). I recognize that feminism isn’t some sort of leftist conspiracy or culturally subversive disease; it is actually common sense to treat women as equals. It’s true that there are angry older women who are unhappy in life or unhappy about not having a man, and they call themselves feminists. But bitter spinsters, some of whom genuinely have a chip on their shoulder towards men, are not representative of all people who value gender equality.

You complain about hypergamy. By that, I presume you mean women’s tendency to want to “date up” (which we have all observed). Since there are more educated women in the work force, I can easily see how men who work as janitors or work other humble jobs may have a hard time finding a wife or girlfriend. But the way to deal with your lack of dating success isn’t to bash feminism, equality, and women in general. Instead you need to lower your standards: Try dating a single mom, or try dating a woman who is overweight, or you could get a bride from the Philippines.

There are solutions to your dating issue. Don’t be so misguided.

So you hate Trump and voted for the pedophile abortionist that has annihilated our nation's standard of living while accepting bribes from around the world to sell out the American people. Brilliant.

10809080 (1).gif

• Wow
Reactions: Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything that is not true is, in iteself, bad. Feminism is very bad.

You cannot advocate for equal right for woman and not at the very same time discriminate against men since you are implicitly NOT advocating for equal rights for men. Just a few examples: average life expectency, joint physical custoday, prison population, population of those injured or killed on the job.

Custody of children is particularly pernicious. On the one hand, feminists claim to want equality. However, when equality does not benefit them, they discard the quality standard and adopt a different standard. In this case, "the best interest of the child," which is very sexist against men in the vast majority of cases.

Having said all that, the OP addresses only how feminism fails women. In short, it is woman's hypergamous nature that do not want to marry their equal; they want to marry up. How can an ideology focused on advocating for woman BUT resulting in greater unhappiness among women not be deemed a bad and failed ideology?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the origin of the wedding ring? Before marriage, the husband-to-be gave his wife-to-be an expensive ring as a form of insurance: If he didn’t like her and wanted a divorce soon after, people of that day and age unfortunately considered her “damaged goods.” So if there was an absconding event on the part of the husband, the ditched wife could sell the expensive ring and get some compensation. Sounds like a terrible way to treat women.
Funny how the counterpart is ignored.

In exchange for the man providing insurance, the woman would also provide insurance. This is called a dowry. In Biblical times, a wife was a woman who provided a dowry. There was a term given to woman to could not contribute equally to insure the success of the marriage, concubine.

Today, virtually all so-called wives are actually concubines. What can a ditched man sell today the woman gave him to get some compensation with 80% of divorces intiated by the woman? Nothing!

Yet, men are still expected to give an expensive ring as a form of insurance. Sounds like a terrible way to treat a man.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You complain about hypergamy.
I am not complaining about hypergamy at all. Just showing how feminism has lied to woman.
But the way to deal with your lack of dating success isn’t to bash feminism
It's not personal. As for me, I've been happily married for many years.

It's not about my dating success but woman's unhappiness. Most of my friends are unhappily married. The root cause is hypergamy, the feminist fallacy that they can have it all and are worth "more."

Instead you need to lower your standards

Typical projection. It is woman who have to lower their standards to meet reality - and reject feminisim - IF they want to be happy. See the OP.

Consider this thread a public service announcement.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since there are more educated women in the work force, I can easily see how men who work as janitors or work other humble jobs may have a hard time finding a wife or girlfriend.
There are no woman with equally humble jobs?

Again, the point of this thread is not how hard men have it but how feminism has failed women.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you hate Trump and voted for the pedophile abortionist that has annihilated our nation's standard of living while accepting bribes from around the world to sell out the American people. Brilliant.

View attachment 35828
That little girl KNOWS something is wrong . That is a sick man my friend . We need to pray HE repents of his wicked lustful mind
and comes to JESUS CHRIST and fast too . That poor lil child . SHE KNOWS , wait , SOMETHING aint right with that man .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 35828
That is sick , he is trying to twist that childs nipple . THIS IS an outrage .
No wonder they all for this transgender let the child be as it decides tobe junk . This is perverted . ITS sick .
I wish i had not even seen this . That man needs to repent asap and come to the saving knowledge of CHRIST JESUS .

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 35828

How is your post still online after being reported? Not voting for Trump doesn’t mean that I voted for Biden; it means I abstained from voting altogether. Quit defaming people you know nothing about. You are manufacturing lies to hurt my reputation, and a moderator ought to censor your inflammatory post.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything that is not true is, in iteself, bad. Feminism is very bad.

You cannot advocate for equal right for woman and not at the very same time discriminate against men since you are implicitly NOT advocating for equal rights for men. Just a few examples: average life expectency, joint physical custoday, prison population, population of those injured or killed on the job.

Custody of children is particularly pernicious. On the one hand, feminists claim to want equality. However, when equality does not benefit them, they discard the quality standard and adopt a different standard. In this case, "the best interest of the child," which is very sexist against men in the vast majority of cases.

Having said all that, the OP addresses only how feminism fails women. In short, it is woman's hypergamous nature that do not want to marry their equal; they want to marry up. How can an ideology focused on advocating for woman BUT resulting in greater unhappiness among women not be deemed a bad and failed ideology?

Why can’t people organize to advocate for specific groups? Because you said so? You didn’t make any argument here. Your unsubstantiated point seems to be “all rights are human rights” while ignoring the fact that various groups have different problems from other groups, sometimes those problems are widely different, and those issues need to be treated specifically.

Let me give you an example:

The NAACP is an organization that advocates for black Americans, having formed in 1909 back when blacks had it really bad in the US. They focused on getting rid of segregation, ending discrimination, and stopping the overall abuse of blacks as second-class citizens. It isn’t possible to frame the NAACP as an “all rights are human rights” sort of organization because what they were promoting was specifically needed for blacks at the time. White people already had human rights back then.

By the way, there is already a men’s rights movement (MRM) that focuses specifically on issues pertaining to men in today’s society (such as the fact that men generally get the raw deal during divorces). Since you think it isn’t right for men to come together and organize specifically for men (assuming your logic is consistent for everyone and not just groups you favor), you believe MRMs have to promote both men’s issues and women’s issues equally?

You didn’t explain how female hypergamy causes widespread unhappiness among all women.

• Haha

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a huge amount of single women in this country, that got divorced for mostly wrong reasons. This women's movement to "not take it anymore" ruined marriages that could have lasted lifetime. Its called forgiveness on both parties.

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can’t people organize to advocate for specific groups?
No one said they couldn't. It's just that the group advocating for women are actually making woman's live's worse in total.

Think big picture. Rather than consider improvement in area A or losing ground in area B, women are reporting being less happy now than half a century ago when so much of the feminist goals began being implemented. Let me say that again. Women are less happy today than half a century ago.

This reduction in the overall quality of women's life in America is not despite the gains feminists have made but because feminism, itself, is a defective ideal. See vids for more details.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn’t make any argument here. Your unsubstantiated point
To summarize the argument in the OP:

P1. Feminism claims to advocate for women.
P2. Women are actually less happy now than when feminism ideas were implemented
C. Feminism does not make women happier, does not improve women's lives.