How Free Will Destroys the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to do a lot of bible study.
Who is your Apostle?
When you obey 2Tim 2:15, in order to be approved by God, and rightly divide or correctly cut God's, where exactly do you cut it? Why there?

If you can't answer both of these 2 simple questions, you need to start your Bible study from scratch. Why? Because that means you know-nothing about the NT.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is your Apostle?
When you obey 2Tim 2:15, in order to be approved by God, and rightly divide or correctly cut God's, where exactly do you cut it? Why there?

If you can't answer both of these 2 simple questions, you need to start your Bible study from scratch. Why? Because that means you know-nothing about the NT.

I have the bible and the holy spirit. Good to go.

Mosaic law has been annulled.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
QT said
your answer is loose as well Dave.

Dave said
This is common knowledge in Christian Theology.

that doesn't make it credible or valid

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the bible and the holy spirit. Good to go.

Mosaic law has been annulled.

I didn't think you had enough knowledge to answer them. Not knowing the second one can keep you out of Heaven

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The way the gospel works. In the gospels, Jesus tells us to preach the gospel. Preaching means to announce. So when people hear the gospel followed by whoever believes has eternal life, those who believe know God saved them. And when told to repent and undergo baptism, it confirms their faith as they follow through.

Dave,

When you preach the Gospel do you preach "whosoever will may come" (free will) or "you must come because you are unconditionally elected"?

When you preach this Gospel, will you make it clear that it cannot apply to everybody? Will you state that it's a discriminatory Gospel?

Free will (the power of alternate choice) makes the Gospel available to everyone and they have the choice to accept or reject.

To say "how free will destroys the Gospel" is not supported by John 3:16.
What causes some to believe and others not to believe? See John 12:32 (NIV); John 12:44-50 and Titus 2:11.

Oz

Reactions: Enoch111 and Nancy

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
There are a zillion appendages to the law you must keep if you keep any of it. Including no ham sandwiches or lobster in a warm house on Saturday.

it makes no difference how many laws there are we can call it a zillion plus infinity and it still would not change the fact that Jesus followed the law and Jesus is our example.

D

Dave L

it makes no difference how many laws there are we can call it a zillion plus infinity and it still would not change the fact that Jesus followed the law and Jesus is our example.
Jesus followed and fulfilled the Two Great Commandments of love for God and people. In this he fulfilled the lesser Ten Commandments that Al Capone could keep it there was something in it for him.

D

Dave L

Dave,

When you preach the Gospel do you preach "whosoever will may come" (free will) or "you must come because you are unconditionally elected"?

When you preach this Gospel, will you make it clear that it cannot apply to everybody? Will you state that it's a discriminatory Gospel?

Free will (the power of alternate choice) makes the Gospel available to everyone and they have the choice to accept or reject.

What causes some to believe and others not to believe? See John 12:32 (NIV); John 12:44-50 and Titus 2:11.

Oz
The problem is, they never offered salvation. They announced it for all who believe.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A person must already believe if they act on it. Jesus says whoever believes has eternal life.

You still refuse to comment on my content of the reply in #145.

Your theology says: "Jesus says whoever believes has eternal life".

Jesus' theology is: "‘Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears [present tense] my word and believes [present tense] him who sent me has [present tense] eternal life. He does not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life’ (John 5:24 ESV, with Greek explanation).

The present tense means continuous or continual action. Time is not a fundamental factor in the tense.

Therefore the verse means that those who hear Jesus’ word and continue to believe him continue to have eternal life. The verse does not teach that a person who once believed and no longer believes has eternal life. Eternal life is for those who continue to believe.

Oz

D

Dave L

You still refuse to comment on my content of the reply in #145.

Your theology says: "Jesus says whoever believes has eternal life".

Jesus' theology is: "‘Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears [present tense] my word and believes [present tense] him who sent me has [present tense] eternal life. He does not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life’ (John 5:24 ESV, with Greek explanation).

The present tense means continuous or continual action. Time is not a fundamental factor in the tense.

Therefore the verse means that those who hear Jesus’ word and continue to believe him continue to have eternal life. The verse does not teach that a person who once believed and no longer believes has eternal life. Eternal life is for those who continue to believe.

Oz
You believe because God saved you. He did not save you because you believe. Or because of your obedience. But if you are saved, obedience follows.Without holiness, no one shall see the Lord.
Dave,

Oz

Preach in Greek = announce. So you are not preaching the gospel if you "offer" salvation. It is a different gospel. Whosoever believes has eternal life is far different from "whoever completes the deal though obedience, in this case, "choosing to believe", is saved"

Reactions: Helen

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Jesus followed and fulfilled the Two Great Commandments of love for God and people. In this he fulfilled the lesser Ten Commandments that Al Capone could keep it there was something in it for him.

was Jesus a bad example?

D

Dave L

was Jesus a bad example?

How did Jesus fulfill the Law? By the letter as any wicked person can do? Or by the spirit of the Law that none but he can do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nancy and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:1-8

Jesus Is Lord of the Sabbath
1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them.
2 When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.”
3 He answered, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry?
4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests.
5 Or haven’t you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent?
6 I tell you that something greater than the temple is here.
7 If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’you would not have condemned the innocent.
8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
What is the New Covenant? I will put my Laws into their heart, and in their minds I will write them; (Jeremiah 31:33)That my friends is the New Covenant. The New Covenant is something God is going to do for us and the Old Covenant was something we were trying to do for God and we failed. God isn't going to fail putting his Law in our hearts because we have absolutely nothing to do with our salvation. If we believe we can keep the Law by having faith, baptism, or any other means of being saved you have fallen from GRACE!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the New Covenant? I will put my Laws into their heart, and in their minds I will write them; (Jeremiah 31:33)That my friends is the New Covenant. The New Covenant is something God is going to do for us and the Old Covenant was something we were trying to do for God and we failed. God isn't going to fail putting his Law in our hearts because we have absolutely nothing to do with our salvation. If we believe we can keep the Law by having faith, baptism, or any other means of being saved you have fallen from GRACE!

The new covenant is to the houses of Judah and Israel. Not Gentiles or Church.

The new covenant is not in force yet. It is to the physical houses of Israel and Judah.

In the prophecies there is no mention of Gentiles.

Revelations after the rapture has zero mention of Church or Gentiles. But it most assuredly deals with the 12 tribes of Israel (which is very genetic and physical), the temple, Israel and Jerusalem, all physical.