How Free Will Destroys the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
The new covenant is to the houses of Judah and Israel. Not Gentiles or Church.

The new covenant is not in force yet. It is to the physical houses of Israel and Judah.

In the prophecies there is no mention of Gentiles.

Revelations after the rapture has zero mention of Church or Gentiles. But it most assuredly deals with the 12 tribes of Israel (which is very genetic and physical), the temple, Israel and Jerusalem, all physical.

So who was Paul talking to in Galatians 3: 26-29?

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one inChrist Jesus.

29 And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the Promise.

Were the Galatians the 12 tribes of Israel? If it didn't pertain to the Galatians why would Paul say such a thing and give these people false hope?

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Satan 'fell from heaven' and took 1/3 with him...did they have freewill or not?!

Obviously it was a choice that they were free to make.
Man is no less...man was created FREE to choose.

But, we know the law of sowing and reaping always comes into play also. As it did for Satan, Adam etc...

Deut 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may 'live'..."

Adam still 'lived' after the fall, but there are many levels of 'life'!!
What they lost was 'life to the full'.
The invitation is still out there for us. ( bbyrd009's favourite scripture...> take up 'your' cross and experience My life, to the full.' )

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

When Satan 'fell from heaven' and took 1/3 with him...did they have freewill or not?!

Obviously it was a choice that they were free to make.
Man is no less...man was created FREE to choose.

But, we know the law of sowing and reaping always comes into play also. As it did for Satan, Adam etc...

Deut 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may 'live'..."

Adam still 'lived' after the fall, but there are many levels of 'life'!!
What they lost was 'life to the full'.
The invitation is still out there for us. ( bbyrd009's favourite scripture...> take up 'your' cross and experience My life, to the full.' )
If you look further into it, God controls our choices through the reasons we base them on. God remains sovereign and we freely chose what we want.

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So who was Paul talking to in Galatians 3: 26-29?

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one inChrist Jesus.

29 And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the Promise.

Were the Galatians the 12 tribes of Israel? If it didn't pertain to the Galatians why would Paul say such a thing and give these people false hope?

He is talking to the church at Galatia about spiritual things, not physical. How could you miss that?

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
He is talking to the church at Galatia about spiritual things, not physical. How could you miss that?

That's my point... I'm an Israelite by the spirit. An Israelite isn't one by the flesh, but a true Israelite is by the spirit. Just as Paul said in Romans 9:24-26,
24 Even us, whom He also called, not from among the Jews only, but also from among Gentiles
25 As He says also in Hosea, “I will call those who were not My people, ‘My people’, and her who was not beloved, ‘Beloved’. 26 And it shall be that in the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not My people,’ there they shall be called sons of the living God.”

It's not about genetics anymore like in the Old Covenant, but it is about Isaac. Romans 9:8 says,

8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

It's time to get excited!!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant is to the houses of Judah and Israel. Not Gentiles or Church.

"Covenant" and "Testament" are basically synonyms in scripture.

So what you are saying is that the New Testament doesn't apply to Gentiles.

I don't buy that for a second.

If you want scripture, try Ephesians 3:6.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God even WANT to control us?? I do not buy it. I can see how He uses circumstances to His advantage but, not controlling our choices and acts like a puppet!

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

Why would God even WANT to control us?? I do not buy it. I can see how He uses circumstances to His advantage but, not controlling our choices and acts like a puppet!
Our will only reacts. And if all we have are random happenings, we can end up anywhere. But God molds and shapes our destinies by the reasons he sends for us to base our choices on.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our will only reacts. And if all we have are random happenings, we can end up anywhere. But God molds and shapes our destinies by the reasons he sends for us to base our choices on.
Some circumstances are operated by the "other guy". And these mix with God's operations to create operations that are basically neutral...which amount to random happenings...see Ecclesiastes 9:11.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"random happenings" Can you not believe in a God big enough to have already seen the choices of men from beginning to end (all the random happenings), and used each and every one of those free choice events or "happenings" to His and our benefit?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Covenant" and "Testament" are basically synonyms in scripture.

So what you are saying is that the New Testament doesn't apply to Gentiles.

I don't buy that for a second.

If you want scripture, try Ephesians 3:6.

Testament also means testify.

Most assuredly is for Jews and Gentiles.

But it is not a covenant, it is his promise, education and gospel.

And don't say there always has to be a covenant. There was none before Mosaic covenant.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point being that the New Covenant is not only for the Jewish people...Ephesians 3:6.

There were actually quite a few covenants before the Mosaic one. The Abrahamic Covenant, the Noahic Covenant, even the Adamic Covenant in Genesis 3:15

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point being that the New Covenant is not only for the Jewish people...Ephesians 3:6.

There were actually quite a few covenants before the Mosaic one. The Abrahamic Covenant, the Noahic Covenant, even the Adamic Covenant in Genesis 3:15

And there are some more. But, they are not for salvation and not to everyone.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore the New Covenant, spoken of in Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:4, and Romans 8:7; also Romans 5:5 with Romans 13:8-10 & 1 John 5:3 & 2 John 1:6 (being the New Testament);

Is a covenant that applies to Gentiles and not just Jews.

Therefore, as New Covenant Gentiles, we can and do have the law of the Lord written on our hearts and in our minds. It is also fulfilled in us, and we are subject to it in our minds because we are led by the indwelling love of the Lord to obey it.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...even the Adamic Covenant in Genesis 3:15
You are correct overall, but one would be hard pressed to find a covenant is Genesis 1-3. A STEWARDSHIP would be more accurate, since Adam was given the stewardship of all creatures as well as the Garden of Eden. And he blew it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct overall, but one would be hard pressed to find a covenant is Genesis 1-3. A STEWARDSHIP would be more accurate, since Adam was given the stewardship of all creatures as well as the Garden of Eden. And he blew it.
It (Genesis 3:15) technically wasn't a covenant; but it was a promise of Messiah, which can be construed as being like a covenant from a certain perspective.