How the Holy Spirit Does Not Speak in Ministry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the same way His disciples did not speak in ministry when Jesus was on earth.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So they were speaking but the words were coming from the Father through the Holy Spirit.

See how it is the same for the Holy Spirit when He speaks? As it was not really His disciples that were speaking, the same goes for the Holy Spirit speaking the words through them because the words came from the Father.

Now that Jesus has ascended into Heaven, the Holy Spirit does not speak from Himself, but speaks the words from Christ. This truth is found in all Bible versions in John 16:13

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. KJV

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. ESV

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. NIV

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, these shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come. ASV

John 16:13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. NASB 1995

So the Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself, nor on His own authority, nor on His own, nor speak from Himself, nor speak on His own initiative, but speaks only what He hears as He relays the words of Christ to us in serving as the Spirit of Christ.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem here is that not all Bibles has Romans 8:26-27 as aligning with the truth in His words in John 16:13. Some testify in error that the Holy Spirit does speak from Himself by uttering His own prayers out loud. The few that hold the truth in His words will testify that He cannot even utter His own groanings for why the "he" in verse 27 is Jesus Christ that searches our heats per Hebrews 4:12-16, as the One that knows the mind of the Spirit.

Note how the KJV & ASV keeps the truth in His words while ESV, NIV, & NASB 19915 do not.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. KJV

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. ESV

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. NIV

Romans 8:26 And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered; 27 and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. ASV

Romans 8:26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. NASB 1995

This is important only because there are believers out there that believe the Holy Spirit would turn God's gift of tongues around from speaking unto the people for His own private use which is gibberish nonsense & not a foreign language of men at all.

KJV and ASV testifies that the Holy Spirit does this for everybody silently for why those who claim tongues for private use is the Holy Spirit praying for them out loud when it is not.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. KJV

See that message from Jesus? Since the Son searches our hearts & knows the mind of the Spirit to give His silent intercessions to the Father is why & how the father knows everything before we ask in prayer.

So there is no need for the Holy Spirit to pray out loud.

Besides that He can't speak His own intercessions from Himself or utter His own prayers out loud, not even His own groanings as He serves as the Spirit of Christ by only relaying Christ's words to us as the Father's words in what He says now belong to Christ.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. KJV

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that is how the Holy Spirit does not speak in ministry when the words are coming from Christ in Heaven now as He is the Good Shepherd and the Head of the Church for all power has been given unto Him.

Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is going on when believers are preaching another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues for how they got that tongue for private use?

This is the apostasy that is in these latter days as many depart from faith in believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit again by a sign which would be the same as saying that they are receiving Jesus Christ again or another gospel again for why that is not of Him at all.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

1 Timothy 4:Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Before Pentecost, there has been a pagan supernatural tongue in the world across the occult, religions, idolatry, & even cults in Christianity that is just gibberish nonsense and not any foreign language of men for speaking unto the people for why Christians assumes it is for private use.

Below is proof that this kind of tongues has been in the world before Pentecost with the real God's gift of tongues for speaking unto the people in their native foreign tongue.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Some believers try to rationalize that tongue for private use by saying that the devil will mimic God's gift of tongues or that the devil copy cat God's gift of tongues, but scripture & history proves that tongue was in the world before God's gift of tongues came for speaking unto the people. That would make God the copy cat of the devil's tongue, but He is not for why His gift of tongues is not "also" for private use, but for speaking unto the people in their native foreign language.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

And they hype that extra phenomenon in feeling that "spirit" coming over them for how they got that tongue later in life as a saved believer is why other already saved believers are seeking to receive that other baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues & yet tongues are not to serve as a sign to the believers at all as proof of anything, but to the unbelievers as 1 Corinthians 14:22 testify above. They ignore Jesus's words below.

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

There are those who claim they had this phenomenal experience right at salvation, but when they have been exposed to a church that influences them to seek salvation by a sign rather than by faith in Jesus Christ, is why they were saved before they went up there by believing in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

So you are not missing out on anything to seek after another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues because it is not of Him at all.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have gone astray, can ask Jesus for forgiveness, and ask for His help to shun that tongue for private use to pray normally so you can give the Father your own heartfelt thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers which is the will of God for us to do anyway.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Colossians 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More edification for you to be rooted in His words that there is no more filling of the Spirit to be had for how they got that tongue for private use.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Jesus said that after we come to him & believe in Him, we would never hunger nor thirst again to be filled, thus we are always Spirit-filled since salvation.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Jesus said that us being a new wine bottles as new creatures in Christ, we are always Spirit-filled since salvation as a testimony from God that He has saved us.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Paul said that there is only One Spirit by how we were all baptized into one body and that every saved believer had that one drink of the One Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There is only one hope of our calling as we were baptized into that one body by that One Spirit for why God and the Father is in us all always.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

After having received Christ Jesus at our salvation at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed in Him, we are complete in Christ Jesus.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a site that reports tongues for private use in Christianity has been found in the world before Pentecost, but this site believes that tongue is also of the Holy Spirit when it is not and cannot be.

Glossolalia in Paganism & Occultism - For Puck’s Sake

Below is biblical proof.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

How can the church know that sinners have departed from those spirits & that kind of tongue if they continue to speak that kind of tongue?

How can sinners know they have departed from those spirits and that kind of tongue if the church does the same thing using tongues for private use?

How can God expect believers to prove all things and abstain from all appearances of evil if God's gift of tongues can also be gibberish nonsense?

Therefore God's gift of tongues cannot be for private use but only for speaking unto the people in their native tongue.

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

It is because of other spirits in the world is why we are warned not to believe every spirit but test then and the tongues they bring.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Should be obvious that the devi's will is to keep us from praying normally and from seeking edification by the scripture.

Better to know what you had prayed for to give the Father's thanks in Jesus's name & understand His written word in the scripture to grow by.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New believers and believers just starting to get into the scripture, can ask Jesus Christ for wisdom to see the truth in His words.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2 Timothy 2:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See the hope we have in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd & Friend in helping us to lay aside every weight & sin in following Him daily.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:... 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the same way His disciples did not speak in ministry when Jesus was on earth.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So they were speaking but the words were coming from the Father through the Holy Spirit.

See how it is the same for the Holy Spirit when He speaks? As it was not really His disciples that were speaking, the same goes for the Holy Spirit speaking the words through them because the words came from the Father.

Now that Jesus has ascended into Heaven, the Holy Spirit does not speak from Himself, but speaks the words from Christ. This truth is found in all Bible versions in John 16:13

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. KJV

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. ESV

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. NIV

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself; but what things soever he shall hear, these shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come. ASV

John 16:13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. NASB 1995

So the Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself, nor on His own authority, nor on His own, nor speak from Himself, nor speak on His own initiative, but speaks only what He hears as He relays the words of Christ to us in serving as the Spirit of Christ.
@Christ4Me I have witnessed the Holy Spirit confirming the ministry message. If you haven't experienced this than I wonder what is wrong. Something is definitely wrong with this idea. The holy spirit definitely speaks to us, the born again. Galatians 5:22-25

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christ4Me I have witnessed the Holy Spirit confirming the ministry message. If you haven't experienced this than I wonder what is wrong. Something is definitely wrong with this idea. The holy spirit definitely speaks to us, the born again. Galatians 5:22-25

Thank you for sharing however..

I was referring to how the Holy Spirit will not speak His own words but the words of Christ to us & reminds us what Christ has said.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Think about what you are saying. If it was really the Holy Spirit speaking His own words to us, or when He speaks thru us in ministry to others, then what does that say about us being the actual ones speaking out loud? Why would we not take away the truth about how the Holy Spirit speaks thru us and say but we are the ones actually speaking and so the words are coming from us?

But scripture says the words are not really coming from us but through the Holy Spirit in us and yet still, the words are not really coming from the Holy Spirit in us but coming from Christ Jesus.

Do we minister & speak the words of Christ? Yes. Does the Holy Spirit minister& speak the words of Christ? Yes. But the words of Christ are coming from Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Now if you are referring to a supernatural phenomenon like a visitation in the assembly as felt by the assembly or feeling what you believe is the Holy Spirit coming over you in how you mean the "Holy Spirit" confirms the ministry message, then I have to disagree.

There is no need for that kind of confirmation of the ministry message when He would just confirm it by the scripture from within you.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This web site accuses Christianity's roots being in paganism. With comments like this Quoting from link ~~~ " Paganism predates Christianity by millions of years. " End of quote, there are a lot of opinions given not based on facts ( as if that author can find a source dating far back millions of years. Not. )

I am only referring to a couple of references at this site by the observance of the supernatural phenomenon we can see to confirm yet many wayward believers involved, would not dare say that is not the Holy Spirit even though we were warned not to believe every spirit but test them and the tongues they bring;

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Christianity's Pagan Roots: Traditions, Practices and Holidays

Quoting from link ~~~"Speaking in Tongues and Channeling
One particular practice of the Pentecostals is called speaking in tongues. While evidence doesn’t show a strong relation to pagan practices of similar kind, new age traditions demonstrate a similar sounding practice called “light language”. The Pentecostals see speaking in tongues as one of the “gifts of the spirit”, which means they believe the Holy Spirit “comes upon” them (enters their bodies) and gives them the gift of speaking in another language or in a heavenly language. The connection between the speaking in tongues and new age “light language” is uncanny. They sound identical and both claim to be channeling higher powers to speak in other languages." ~~~ End of Quote

The irony is that the author at that site did not believe evidence doesn't show a strong relation to pagan practices of a similar kind and yet channeling in the new age traditions is channeling spirits by mediums & wizards as the bible had confirmed in Isaiah 8:19.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

That is why the real God's gift of tongues is a foreign language to speak unto the people in their native tongue & can never be gibberish nonsense.

And quoting also from that site is the error of believing they can receive the holy Spirit again which is also after the rudiment in the world.

Quoting from the link ~~~~ "“Filled with the Spirit”, Loa Riding and Invocation
Another strong relation between Pentecostals and what they deem a “pagan” religion is the idea of being “filled with the spirit”. Pentecostals believe the spirit of God descends upon them and fills them with its presence, upon which they may dance, laugh, be “drunk in the spirit”, speak in tongues, jump up and down, etc. If you attend a New Orleans’ voodoo ceremony, you will see practitioners allowing the Loa to “ride them”, meaning they allow spirits to enter their bodies. During which they do similar things to Pentecostals – shake, dance, speak in “other languages”, etc. And we also see this concept in the “invocation” of pagan gods (where one invites a god or goddess energy into oneself) in pagan religions today." ~~~ End of Quote.

See how the author contradict from the earlier comment by referring to a voodoo ceremony? So like the mediums and wizards, praying in tongues is the same as channeling spirits for that kind of tongue to manifest. They are connected for why that tongue is not the real God's gift of tongues and how it was gained and continually practiced in receiving spirits, cannot be of Him at all.

But believers do not want to test the spirits, nor that tongue because they like that supernatural encounter & that tongue that comes with it for why they want to believe it is of God.

There is only one baptism with the Holy Ghost and that happens at our salvation, that born again of the Spirit moment whenever any one comes to & believes in Jesus Christ. We are always Spirit-filled since salvation for why the real God's gift of tongues will never mimic pagan's tongues in its gibberish nonsense at all.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It gets scarier when miracles supposedly happens in these apostate movement of the "spirit" because it causes doubts and believers may refrain from testing the spirits.

At that link shared with you in an earlier post; this is why you can never let claims of miracles, healings, or casting out of demons refrain anyone from testing the spirits, especially when it is attached to that apostate calling of receiving the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation.

Christianity's Pagan Roots: Traditions, Practices and Holidays

Quoting From Link ~~~~ "Healing by the Laying on of Hands and Reiki
One of the beliefs of the Pentecostal Church is Divine Healing. This is the belief that when one is “saved” or “born again” then they will also be healed by God. When this doesn’t happen automatically, there are questions as to why. In addition to Divine Healing, Pentecostals believe in the “laying on of hands” or healing by using their hands on another person to allow God’s healing power to flow. This practice is reflected in numerous healing traditions outside the Christian tradition dating back thousands of years.

A similar, recent tradition is the Japanese relaxation technique known as Reiki. Reiki is the practice of using one’s hands to allow Divine or Universal energy to flow into another person to aid in relaxation, stress reduction, and to promote healing. Reiki originated in the late 1800’s before Pentecostalism. Other “hand healing” techniques and traditions outside of Christianity include: polarity therapy, massage, Qigong, acupressure, shiatsu, and matrix energetics." ~~~~ End of Quote

One such apostasy was found in the Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade where he'd announce the "Holy Spirit" falling on believers as he lays his hand on the forehead of the already saved believer seeking a miracle, and they would fall backwards to be caught by "catchers' & lay them on the ground.

Now I know why believers will caution me about calling the Holy Spirit the devil, as if that is the unpardonable sin, but that is not the Holy Spirit when He dwells in us & has been in us since salvation that there is no receiving Jesus Christ nor the Holy Spirit again. And Jesus did judge that too as workers of iniquity no matter the claim of wonderful works in His name or casting out devils in His name or prophesying in His name, because when it is done by the continual receiving of what they claim is the Holy Spirit, then is it any wonder why they lose self control & fall backwards?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

The unpardonable sin is refusing to believe in Jesus Christ. That is the only sin the Holy Spirit will convict of which is for not believing in Him.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

As it is, we are allowed to test the spirits and by knowing the Holy Spirit is in us always is why we should not mimic pagan practices at all.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith..... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where you are in error, is that everything Jesus said and did was what He saw the Father do and say, therefore Jesus on earth did not speak of Himself, or on His own initiative, etc., etc., and thus the Holy Spirit doesn’t either, then, or now.

Joh 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Nothing has changed in that respect, which does not cancel anything taught about the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in Acts and 1 Corinthians 14, or what the apostles did through the Holy Spirit, since Jesus had already risen and ascended to heaven before Acts and 1 Corinthians were written.

Additionally, Jesus in Matthew 10 was not just talking about the time while He was on earth, but what will happen after His ascension, such as in the tribulation to come:

Mat 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Mat 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where you are in error, is that everything Jesus said and did was what He saw the Father do and say, therefore Jesus on earth did not speak of Himself, or on His own initiative, etc., etc., and thus the Holy Spirit doesn’t either, then, or now.

Now apply that truth you have just shared for why the Holy Spirit would not turn God's gift of tongues around for His own purposes like uttering His own prayers out loud in a secret language.

If He does not speak on His own initiative which you had agreed, then how can He take the initiative to pray His own intercessions out loud?

Feel free to go to Jesus Christ at that throne of grace in normal prayer and ask for wisdom to see the truth & help to accept the truth to repent.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people just like reading what they write.
Whoever speaks the truth gives honest evidence, but a false witness utters deceit. (Pro 12:17)
Long windedness is a sure sign of short understanding ;)

There is a reason for that. To make full proof of the ministry, especially when it is about keeping the faith in Jesus Christ which is the good fight..

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now apply that truth you have just shared for why the Holy Spirit would not turn God's gift of tongues around for His own purposes like uttering His own prayers out loud in a secret language.

If He does not speak on His own initiative which you had agreed, then how can He take the initiative to pray His own intercessions out loud?

Feel free to go to Jesus Christ at that throne of grace in normal prayer and ask for wisdom to see the truth & help to accept the truth to repent.
You have no idea at all how it works or what it’s all about, because you’re on the outside looking in.

The Holy Spirit prays in a language that is a mystery to those who hear it, because “no man understands it”, and no one said, or remotely hinted, that the HS is praying for Himself.

When it’s a message spoken to a congregation, it’s interpreted - when its done in private it remains unknown, and thus is a mystery to the speaker, as the HS prays for us, for things we know not how to ask for.

And when the Holy Spirit directs someone, as He did Paul and Peter, there’s no unknown tongue involved, He speaks to us in our language.

Here’s the deal: Paul explains tongues and prophecy in church services very thoroughly in 1 Corinthians 14 - and after explaining all that, Paul closed the letter to that church, by telling them to forbid not tongues, and to let the ignorant remain ignorant, if they don’t get it.

1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

1Co 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Anyone forbidding tongues, especially in church, is ignorant- and Paul says to let them remain that way.

Amen.