How to respond to 13-year-old daughter who declares being gay

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find more interesting about the Romans 1:26-27 reference is the immediate context of Romans 1:21-24:

21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their reasonings, and their senseless hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and they exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible mankind, of birds, four-footed animals, and crawling creatures. 24 Therefore God gave them up to vile impurity in the lusts of their hearts...28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to an unfit mind, to do those things that are not proper.

What I see here is that our screwed-up, confused sexuality (along with all the other things in verses 28-31) are God's ordained consequences in this world for ignoring Him, and for worshipping idols of our own making. We're being punished.

This isn't the narrative we were taught. But this is what it says.

But then, why don't we get better when we turn to God? Why are we still screwed-up and confused and angry and hateful and disobedient and greedy and selfish and arrogant and...? I don't understand.
Who doesn't get better when s/he turns to God? Who is still screwed-up and confused and angry and hateful and disobedient and greedy and selfish and arrogant and...?

Logo

Apr 5, 2023
Southeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So getting back on track with the original post… what advice would you provide to the parents? We already know they would respond with love, so there are no concerns there. How do you think they should guide the conversation?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So getting back on track with the original post… what advice would you provide to the parents? We already know they would respond with love, so there are no concerns there. How do you think they should guide the conversation?
Didn’t I read that the girl had changed her mind and had a crush on a boy now?

Logo

Apr 5, 2023
Southeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t I read that the girl had changed her mind and had a crush on a boy now?
Correct. But for the sake of other parents who might stumble upon this thread and have to sift through all the noise, it’d be nice to offer them something constructive by page 13.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. But for the sake of other parents who might stumble upon this thread and have to sift through all the noise, it’d be nice to offer them something constructive by page 13.
I was a Youth Minister and I dealt with a lot of issues but never had this happen.

Reactions: Logo

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Colorado mom sues school that recruited sixth-graders for secret after-school gender and sexuality club

Erin Lee tells Harris Faulkner her daughter was told she was joining 'art' club

School should be about education and not indoctrination.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the south end of a north bound mule .

rolling-on-floor-slam-laughing-emoji-scsptcs2reoassil.gif

Reactions: amigo de christo