How to respond to 13-year-old daughter who declares being gay

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys are funny!
Riddle me this.....when queer gays go to bed with each other, do they have to take toilet paper to bed with them?

Secondly anybody got an idea why male homosexuality was so offensive to the Israelites/Jews?

To be a homosexual is not a sin.....it is actually doing it that is a sin.
Being a Pedophilia is not a sin.....it is actually doing it that is a sin.
Being a kleptomaniac is not a sin....it is actually stealing that is a sin.
Being a homicidal is not a sin....it is actually murdering that is a sin.

Whether it be religion or just society.....we live in a age where anything goes and people are not expected to be responsible for their own actions and there should not be any ramifications. So much so that those that believe in morality and character are ridiculed, even considered backward.

Unless you are an immoral, atheist, communist, druggie....you are not considered smart by society.
People who are moral and have character don't try to equate a minority with the sexual abuse of children.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are moral and have character don't try to equate a minority with the sexual abuse of children.
For a christain to identify themselves with any sin is evil .
Christains are in Christ and HE in them . Sins do not determine a lambs indentity .
Our indentity is we are christain . Not homosexual , not liars , not pedophile and etc .
We dont identify with sin . That is the problem in more and more churches . They now embrace this kind of stuff .
This identification with evil . example . OH i am a gay christain , or i am a ...................
ITS all dead wrong . We are either a christain or we are not . But no word that relates to any sin
needs to be put into who we are . Whats next , hey i am a murdering christain , god made me this way so dont judge .
See the insanity in that . We are not any of the above .
Sin is sin and its not to be identified with as being any part of our character our indentity .
TRUTH is , sin is supposed to be corrected within the churches , not accepted .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as i am a murdering christain , a lying christain , a homosexual christain .
We either identify with CHRIST or its all vain .
Let us remember that . Paul never embraced the evils of the flesh , not his or anyone elses .
Remember when peter and barnabas had been caught up in the error of seperating
the jews from the gentiles .
DID paul go before them all and say , Now people embrace peters actions , HE is a dissemling christain , so dont judge
NO he rebuked them and their behavoir . Now let us go and do the same for the church .
Dont embrace their sin , correct the sin and pray for their repentance .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a christain to identify themselves with any sin is evil .
Christains are in Christ and HE in them . Sins do not determine a lambs indentity .
Our indentity is we are christain . Not homosexual , not liars , not pedophile and etc .
We dont identify with sin . That is the problem in more and more churches . They now embrace this kind of stuff .
This identification with evil . example . OH i am a gay christain , or i am a ...................
ITS all dead wrong . We are either a christain or we are not . But no word that relates to any sin
needs to be put into who we are . Whats next , hey i am a murdering christain , god made me this way so dont judge .
See the insanity in that . We are not any of the above .
Sin is sin and its not to be identified with as being any part of our character our indentity .
TRUTH is , sin is supposed to be corrected within the churches , not accepted .
a) What/who is a "christain"?
b) People who sin can still be Christians. In fact, there has only been one person in the history of humanity who never sinned: Jesus Christ. Everyone else has sinned.
c) "We dont identify with sin . That is the problem in more and more churches" is more of your unceasing criticism of Jesus' flock, His body, the church.
d) WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO DEFY jESUS BY REFUSING TO LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF???

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as i am a murdering christain , a lying christain , a homosexual christain .
We either identify with CHRIST or its all vain .
Let us remember that . Paul never embraced the evils of the flesh , not his or anyone elses .
Remember when peter and barnabas had been caught up in the error of seperating
the jews from the gentiles .
DID paul go before them all and say , Now people embrace peters actions , HE is a dissemling christain , so dont judge
NO he rebuked them and their behavoir . Now let us go and do the same for the church .
Dont embrace their sin , correct the sin and pray for their repentance .
You are correct when you write "There is no such thing as i am a murdering christain , a lying christain , a homosexual christain". In fact, there is no such person as a christain.

In reality, all Christians sin. As I said previously, the only person who never sinned was Jesus Christ.

You still write unChristian garbage as: Now let us go and do the same for the church: rebuking them and their behavior". WHAT IS IT ABOVE LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR AND NOT JUDGING THOSE WHOM JESUS HAS ACCEPTED AS HIS OWN THAT YOU REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND. Matthew 7:1-2, “Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For the judgment you give will be the judgment you get, and the measure you give will be the measure you get."

Reactions: dev553344

Logo

Apr 5, 2023
Southeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some reminders...

Rule 17.1 - Two points will be deducted for misspelling any of the following words: "Bible", "Christian", "God", "Jesus", "mayonnaise", "New Testament", "Old Testament", "their", "there", "they're", any books of the Bible.
Rule 17.7 - One point will be deducted for a post where a sentence or sentences has a space before a comma, exclamation mark, period, a question mark.
Rule 18.2 - One point will be deducted for mocking another post's grammatical or spelling mistakes. Respectfully pointing out a misspelling is acceptable, but must be limited to pointing out the correction one time.
Rule 47.1 - Anyone here featured on To Catch A Predator on Dateline NBC is automatically disqualified.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some reminders...

Rule 17.1 - Two points will be deducted for misspelling any of the following words: "Bible", "Christian", "God", "Jesus", "mayonnaise", "New Testament", "Old Testament", "their", "there", "they're", any books of the Bible.
Rule 17.7 - One point will be deducted for a post where a sentence or sentences has a space before a comma, exclamation mark, period, a question mark.
Rule 18.2 - One point will be deducted for mocking another post's grammatical or spelling mistakes. Respectfully pointing out a misspelling is acceptable, but must be limited to pointing out the correction one time.
Rule 47.1 - Anyone here featured on To Catch A Predator on Dateline NBC is automatically disqualified.
Where do these rules come from? From what are points deducted?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) What/who is a "christain"?
b) People who sin can still be Christians. In fact, there has only been one person in the history of humanity who never sinned: Jesus Christ. Everyone else has sinned.
c) "We dont identify with sin . That is the problem in more and more churches" is more of your unceasing criticism of Jesus' flock, His body, the church.
d) WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO DEFY jESUS BY REFUSING TO LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF???
I do love my neighbor , its why i correct them if they are in error .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct when you write "There is no such thing as i am a murdering christain , a lying christain , a homosexual christain". In fact, there is no such person as a christain.

In reality, all Christians sin. As I said previously, the only person who never sinned was Jesus Christ.

You still write unChristian garbage as: Now let us go and do the same for the church: rebuking them and their behavior". WHAT IS IT ABOVE LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR AND NOT JUDGING THOSE WHOM JESUS HAS ACCEPTED AS HIS OWN THAT YOU REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND. Matthew 7:1-2, “Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For the judgment you give will be the judgment you get, and the measure you give will be the measure you get."
Do ye not judge those that are within. GOD will judge those outside . Therefore put that man OUT of the church .
Paul was no hater , nor am i . CORRECT SIN JIM . Correct sin within the church .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do love my neighbor , its why i correct them if they are in error .
You are delusional. While there may be a need for correction, love must come first. All you do is criticize others; you never show any love for them.

Again, you chose a sentence out of context to validate your unceasing criticism.

Leviticus 19:17-18, “You shall not hate in your heart anyone of your kin; you shall reprove your neighbor, or you will incur guilt yourself. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against any of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord."

You object to my criticism of you, while you unceasingly criticize others, including Jesus' own.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do ye not judge those that are within. GOD will judge those outside . Therefore put that man OUT of the church .
Paul was no hater , nor am i . CORRECT SIN JIM . Correct sin within the church .
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. Until you start doing that your words are contrary to the will of God.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perpetual criticism, especially of those whom one has never met, is contrary to God's will.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. Until you start doing that your words are contrary to the will of God.
FYI you don’t sound all that loving to Amigo. Posting in caps is like yelling. Rule 26-2