Howdy, from US :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grump

Feb 13, 2013
US
Howdy folks! New guy here :) It looks like all the other people are doing introductions so I suppose I can do the same.

I've been a raised "Christian", though I am ashamed to use that term to describe who I was just a couple of years ago. For all intents and purposes, I was a Sunday-Christian that only really offered lip service. I was raised in a family that shared our stance - not intentionally, but simply because we did not know any better. A couple years ago, I went on a mission trip that made me realize God is very much real. I then got back and was on fire for God, wanting to do all in my power to make Him happy, but still not really understanding the Gospel and how it involved me.

I went off to Africa for a one-year mission trip and ended up being saved, and truly understanding the good news of the gospel, on the mission field. God works in funny ways.

Now I'm back in the US! Age 22 and got a load of passion for learning all I can about my Lord (which is what brought me here). Studying Greek in my spare time when I'm not playing the guitar, and hopefully will find quite a bit of time to spend here as well, learning how to rightly divide the word of truth.

Hope you guys don't mind some young blood :)

Edit: Uh-oh, I made a slight doozy on my join reason. Is there anyway to fix that? I couldn't find it from my end.

Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Grump!

12190341.gif

I understand how a mission trip can really change your outlook on life in general, it had certainly changed mine! Welcome to our fellowship, please make yourself at home.

PS: Your join reasons can only been seen by the Admin.

12190343.jpg

12190303.gif
12190305.gif

Bless ya!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to Christianity Board!

It's nice to see other younger guys on here who have been through realizing that faith goes much deeper than just a Sunday experience. I'm a few years ahead of you, and I pretty much went through the same thing when I went off to college. I became a solitary Christian, and God brought me to the point of realizing that such a life is not a true Christian life. He brought me to the point of being actively involved with the local body as opposed to doing my own study and reading that was so insular to my life.