Humble as the Apple Lie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
(Primary post removed due to new information)
R.jpeg
Apple logo was incorrectly associated with main conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
"An apple a day brings sin near"

"An apple a day keeps God away"

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seriously doubt that it was an apple. God made some plants that will take you to another dimension. I have no idea why it was presented as an apple. It was probably some crazy psychedelic plant that literally opened their eyes to self awareness. Knowledge of good and evil. Something we did not need. It was probably created for another reason and it was not good for us. We disobeyed and here we are.

Reactions: Wynona and marks

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve at animals and that was the forbidden fruit. Killing to stay alive. It can be traced thru out the bible. In Genesis it says God made fruit and herb for meat and that was what Adam and Eve were supposed to eat. Moses left it unknown and just called it the fruit of the Tree of Good and Evil. But later to recompense for that original sin God instituted the Sacrifice of Animals on the burnt offering altar in similitude to the Sacrifice of Jesus the Christ. And they did that thru out the old testament. When Jesus came he gave out bread and wine (herb and fruit) and said "this is my body and this is my blood" eat in remembrance of me.

That should make complete sense to anyone with a heart for animals. Do we still eat animals? Yes, but we should eat it sparingly as directed by physicians as meat is high in cholesterol and can lead to heart complications. More fruit and fresh veggies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EhAM5QX7pym69LypmPwWhtULU34Ig-k7chYAbS3yfj0x2QbV3WzBmg6jhYYx6Q2CWzHRa3Pm5qMPce_m_27VbhGMOWWJwx2QVloUiW6H84HzV1Igz0EJnSpvDiVOrVw79up_ru_Df8d3_Z6kZo6zYeQacVMnalatEqc

I don't necessarily subscribe to the above, but ....it's probably true.

Personally, I have always seen Apple as acknowledging that Technology is the Forbidden Fruit - specifically electronic technology. I truly believe it is of the devil.

Technology has always been touted as making life easier, but does it make your life easier when your computer randomly crashes and you lose all manner of vital data, or when your cell phone never gets good reception or text messages seemingly fight against you in typing the wrong words, etc.? Or how bout when the card readers go down at the local store and nobody knows how to count change back to you from cash, if you happen to have any.

How many of you really wanted infotainment screens in your vehicle, then desperately desired they be bigger ... and bigger ... and bigger? I'm guessing very few, if any.

Me, I could do without completely.

And cars were so much easier to maintain, and cheaper, when everything was mechanical before electronic wiring and computers had to be added to each and every single component so that now you have to replace wiring and relays and switches repeatedly and LONG before anything mechanical fails.

Technology was never intended to serve mankind. It serves our earthly masters and always has.

I will add one caveat that Nikola Tesla was absolutely brilliant in his designs and research into electricity and ALL of his intentions were FOR man and FOR goodness. His father was a pastor and he was a devout Christian himself. HIS technology would have likely set the evil agendas of the world back for centuries, if not longer. Therein lies the reason all of his technology files disappeared immediately upon his death. His Tesla Coil project alone would have changed the world for the much better, but was defunded and crippled before it could fully prove its worth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who enjoys a thought provoking conspiracy theory? I don't, but I have one that people might have missed overall.

1# It is generally accepted the fruit Adam & Eve ate is to be represented as the common apple.
View attachment 17192
(This is primarily the scene of the temptation of Eve to take the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil)

2# Interestingly the apple is also used symbolically for a student's appreciation of learning from a good teacher.
View attachment 17193

3# Then there are many family photo outlets that advertise at least one portrait of a baby being covered with apple's, usually because they are naked and representative of innocence.
View attachment 17194

4# Then here is the kicker.
View attachment 17195
A byte taken from the apple of knowledge?
I think that's what Apple is trying for.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who enjoys a thought provoking conspiracy theory? I don't, but I have one that people might have missed overall.

1# It is generally accepted the fruit Adam & Eve ate is to be represented as the common apple.
View attachment 17192
(This is primarily the scene of the temptation of Eve to take the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil)

2# Interestingly the apple is also used symbolically for a student's appreciation of learning from a good teacher.
View attachment 17193

3# Then there are many family photo outlets that advertise at least one portrait of a baby being covered with apple's, usually because they are naked and representative of innocence.
View attachment 17194

4# Then here is the kicker.
View attachment 17195
A byte taken from the apple of knowledge?
Funny. But let's imagine that it was an apple. Eve innocently took a bite, with curiosity and waited to see what would happen and quickly gave it to Adam before she felt the guilt. Now Adam really knew he shouldn't and as he swallowed a piece of the apple ... it got stuck in his throat and remained there for all time so that he would remember what he did. And he passed it on to all his male descendants to this very day. We can look in the mirror and see an Adam's apple.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seriously doubt that it was an apple. God made some plants that will take you to another dimension. I have no idea why it was presented as an apple. It was probably some crazy psychedelic plant that literally opened their eyes to self awareness. Knowledge of good and evil. Something we did not need. It was probably created for another reason and it was not good for us. We disobeyed and here we are.
GOD could have chose any fruit tree to put in the midst if the Garden. It was pleasing to the eye. Women are attracted to red. But it wasn't poisonous, it was just a rule given to them that packed a spiritual and physical consequence. The power of God cursed them, not some substance in the fruit. It affected all life forms, distorted the genetic code and introduced death, disease, bacteria, viruses, illnesses, mutations.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God may have intended man to eat from it at a later time of His choosing, I don't know. Or maybe to forever stand untouched. ?

Much love!

Reactions: Mantis

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD could have chose any fruit tree to put in the midst if the Garden. It was pleasing to the eye. Women are attracted to red. But it wasn't poisonous, it was just a rule given to them that packed a spiritual and physical consequence. The power of God cursed them, not some substance in the fruit. It affected all life forms, distorted the genetic code and introduced death, disease, bacteria, viruses, illnesses, mutations.
It seems to me that when Adam ate, as a direct consequence their eyes were opened and they died.

Then God subjected creation to futility, I think that's where the earth and animals and everything were affected.

Much love!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that when Adam ate, as a direct consequence their eyes were opened and they died.

Then God subjected creation to futility, I think that's where the earth and animals and everything were affected.

Much love!
Right, they died spiritually and started to die physically. Though they lived hundreds of years..their cells died, they aged, got sick. God cursed everything, and kicked them out.
I just thought of something. When we feel guilt, or fear, we naturally swallow. It seems we all experience that guilt and fear that accompanied Adam and Eve's first bite of that forbidden fruit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just thought of something. When we feel guilt, or fear, we naturally swallow. It seems we all experience that guilt and fear that accompanied Adam and Eve's first bite of that forbidden fruit.
That's an interesting observation!

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys might be right about Apple....and Windows NT....New Testament...and Windows XP the historical sign for Christ that Constantine painted on his shields at the battle of the Milan Bridge.
I am sure you know that the actual scriptures do not identify the fruit....at all. The whole apple thing becomes a custom.
In Western Europe, the fruit was often depicted as an apple. This was possibly because of a misunderstanding of – or a pun on – two unrelated words mălum, a native Latin noun which means evil (from the adjective malus), and mālum, another Latin noun, borrowed from Greek μῆλον, which means apple. In the Vulgate, Genesis 2:17 describes the tree as de ligno autem scientiae boni et mali : "but of the tree [literally wood ] of knowledge of good and evil" (mali here is the genitive of malum).

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well you could be correct. All I know is that there are substances on this earth that will literally take you to another dimension. People see and speak to the same entities in that dimension. That is from a tree and vine that God made.

Another thing that makes me thing of some psychedelic properties is that it opened there eyes. When people take that stuff it opens your pupils to almost the edge of the color of the eye. It opens your eyes, literally.

I am in no way endorsing using psychedelic drugs. I just have a history with them and they are very powerful substances that I could see God prohibiting. They produce heavy emotional and introspective thoughts amidst chaos. I fully think it could have been a tree with properties that caused the fall.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you could be correct. All I know is that there are substances on this earth that will literally take you to another dimension. People see and speak to the same entities in that dimension. That is from a tree and vine that God made.
Odd, Adam and Eve, the first drug users - NO. God knew exactly what they would do..It was part of the plan. It was the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Everything in the Garden was perfect, therefore LSD or psychedelic mushrooms did not exist.
Besides, an hallucination is not another dimension, it is an altered perception of reality.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Funny. But let's imagine that it was an apple. Eve innocently took a bite, with curiosity and waited to see what would happen and quickly gave it to Adam before she felt the guilt. Now Adam really knew he shouldn't and as he swallowed a piece of the apple ... it got stuck in his throat and remained there for all time so that he would remember what he did. And he passed it on to all his male descendants to this very day. We can look in the mirror and see an Adam's apple.
Oh yeah, I get that.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think the fruit of the tree of knowledge is symbolic of information we gain through our senses. Adam & Eve ate "feed" their senses with information that was hijacked by a belief the serpent gave them. I don't think the tree of knowledge was dangerous at all, and the reason they were warned not to take any fruit from the tree was because a crafty sales snake was about to feed them a lie about what was good and evil for them.

Last edited: