I feel like i have no one.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have online friends. But someone who i was able to open up to doesn't seem to want to talk. I was just telling new friends that someone who was a big support to me said that if she knew anything negative etc she would cut contact.

She ended up doing that.....
After all this time I'm being told it's an ultimatum and it was manipulative and she's not a real friend.
I feel hurt by this.
I just thought she needed boundaries.
I know my situation was hard for her for me to go back to.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have online friends. But someone who i was able to open up to doesn't seem to want to talk. I was just telling new friends that someone who was a big support to me said that if she knew anything negative etc she would cut contact.

After all this time I'm being told it's an ultimatum and it was manipulative and she's not a real friend.
I feel hurt by this.

@lilygrace Before you pour your heart out to somebody else try pouring it out to God. And ask him to show you a friend you can trust. Saying too much can open you up to getting hurt so you need to be careful what you say and to whom. I have a lovely christian friend at church, she is so kindhearted but I don't tell her anything I wouldn't want making public. I love her but don't trust her to keep secrets. Put your hope in God not people.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you are right. But this was someone in a leadership position. I trusted and really believed she loved me for six months.

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know how this feels, Lilygrace. I had one sister that I interpreted dreams for a few times, and she was very prolific; most detailed recorder of dreams I've ever seen, and they were LONG, LoL. I had hopes for her, but we always sort of kept bouncing off of each other. We didn't trust each other very much, and she would also talk very negatively about others, especially men, who made mistakes and sinned against her; it was like she was so hurt from past things that she could not find any room for forgiveness.

I sensed my day might be coming as well, and sure enough it did. She wrote me off entirely after I spent the better part of several weeks trying to get closer to her and become true friends.

It does hurt. You invest in others, and you hope you are making a true friend, and more than that, someone you might be able to serve God with...

But you just have to pick yourself up and start again, trusting God that He will send someone else maybe, and that if not He will clothe you more in Himself.

Be encouraged. He will take care of you if you trust in Him.

This is a song I shared with another sister who has gone through hard times. Some think I'm being too "mushy," but deep down that's me, LoL. And maybe part of me is singing this to myself. We all need encouragement, and I don't see anything wrong with it that if no one is there we can be there for ourselves.

So I hope this ministers to you, because it does to me.

God bless,
Hidden

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you are right. But this was someone in a leadership position. I trusted and really believed she loved me for six months.

Christians can be a little fickled....LOL
And I can tell you what you already know....God is with you.
Lets see, nearly twice the number of like as posts....some body likes you.
Fellowship....a lot.

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I feel hurt by this.

Here's another one for you. Love this song.

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sensed my day might be coming as well, and sure enough it did. She wrote me off entirely after I spent the better part of several weeks trying to get closer to her and become true friends.

It does hurt. You invest in others, and you hope you are making a true friend, and more than that, someone you might be able to serve God with...

But you just have to pick yourself up and start again, trusting God that He will send someone else maybe, and that if not He will clothe you more in Himself.

don’t give up on her. What is sown “invested” in faith will not disappoint? Yea? Philemon 1:14-16 But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly. [15] For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever; [16] Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

Departed ...for a season ...can that season pass in the receiving forever “not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved ...Philemon 1:11 Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:
‘specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?’

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don’t give up on her. What is sown “invested” in faith will not disappoint? Yea? Philemon 1:14-16 But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly. [15] For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever; [16] Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

Departed ...for a season ...can that season pass in the receiving forever “not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved ...Philemon 1:11 Which in time past was to thee unprofitable, but now profitable to thee and to me:
‘specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?’

Wow.... what a wonderful post...

I pray the Lord blesses you today, sister. Deep down you have a wonderful spirit, and I know the Lord sees it, and knows where you are. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I feel hurt by this.

having a tendency of being reclusive myself ...I can relate and when I do try to be in relationships I sometimes put my foot in my mouth and later regret it. Often actually. “I feel like I have no one” ...I get it. The other day I felt like God was comforting in: He will leave the 99 to go after the one. That one having such a significance to Him. To me it speaks of His love. My husband and I went to a store one afternoon and there was a lady running the front desk. She started to tell us about her husband and how he was a pastor all his life over a big congregation. She cooked and often missed his teachings presented to the others. Her husband had passed away and she was asking all kinds of questions about who Christ is. Voicing she didn’t know anything about Him but wanted to. Point is...maybe mankind tend to go after the ninety-nine and leave the one.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't matter. Abandonment is abandonment.

Gonna try to pray for you some today. I have a list.
This has me devastated for awhile. Someone who was like a mentor, relative to me.... Failed and abandoned me. I guess i need to see the possibility of her being in the wrong. Even if it hurts. I almost wish she never drew my hurt out of me or made me comfortable. Or maybe she feels our relationship was inappropriate i don't know i want to hope. I pray. I check obituaries.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I feel hurt by this.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has me devastated for awhile. Someone who was like a mentor, relative to me.... Failed and abandoned me. I guess i need to see the possibility of her being in the wrong. Even if it hurts. I almost wish she never drew my hurt out of me or made me comfortable. Or maybe she feels our relationship was inappropriate i don't know i want to hope. I pray. I check obituaries.

Just don't let your heart turn inward into blaming yourself for something when you don't really know what happened anyway.

Turn to God in prayer, and maybe He will reveal it to you, and in the process heal you, encouraging you that you did nothing wrong.

Last edited:

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me if I sound a little harsh
But were you being a friend? Perhaps you put too much on this person and she was able or ready to carry it. A friend looks after the other person's needs. Were you considering those?

Reactions: April_Rose

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But were you being a friend? Perhaps you put too much on this person and she was able or ready to carry it. A friend looks after the other person's needs. Were you considering those?
it does sound harsh, but i dont mind because i would have to totally give all personal details for all this to make even more sense.
however, this person was placed in a leadership position.
i always could have been a better friend. i dont feel i was too much for her since what she heard about my still struggling, others were involved in hearing about it too.

Reactions: Riverwalker

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may ....from experience, I can say that @lilygrace is an amazing friend with a very caring heart, often ignoring her own legitimate needs in looking after the needs of her friends.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if im honest theres a lot of things i would have went back and changed. i wish i could have stuck around longer to actually say goodbye. she had a surgery that no one could actually visit her and this was before the c19 stuff. :/ i am a work in progress and would hope someone would extend grace to me to grow to become a better friend

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if im honest theres a lot of things i would have went back and changed. i wish i could have stuck around longer to actually say goodbye. she had a surgery that no one could actually visit her and this was before the c19 stuff. :/ i am a work in progress and would hope someone would extend grace to me to grow to become a better friend
Hugs, sis. I think it's normal to have regrets after we lose someone. The mind goes over and over things wishing we did something different to prevent or better ease their suffering.

IMO, you have grown noticeably since I've known you. I too am a work in progress ...and sometimes a mess. I think all of humanity is in various degrees of brokenness.