I have a question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will
If someone you know is following the false Qanon cult,

how do you go about re conditioning them back to God.

I'm concerned about my friend, and advice is needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Stuff like that 'true or not' can be very distracting if a believer gets obsessed with them. They become fanatics. Very sad.
It consumes hours .. been there, done that...

I'd start by trying to gently show him how much it takes his eyes off of Jesus. It will NOT build him up spiritually...as Paul says " In his godly faith..." but it will draw his eyes to all this stuff.
Maybe it is all true...but that is not our battle field...let someone else worry about all that.

Sorry, the best you can do for your friend is to pray.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to say, my first instinct would to bring it into prayer...my sig! :) I hope your friend will have eyes to see the Truth.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes these are distractions, which have nothing to do with God or his Kingdom.

It doesn't matter exactly how it happens, this world is going to be handed over to the Anti-Christ. If we are still here we will be persecuted all the same.

Then when Jesus returns all this worldly junk will be revealed for how meaningless it is.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How did you arrive at this conclusion? While Wikipedia calls the identification of the Deep State and its enmity againt Donald Trump a *conspiracy theory*, the fact are all before us now. Peter Strzok -- a Deep State conspirator of the FBI -- has just been fired (finally).

It was indeed a Deep State conspiracy (from 2016 or earlier) to prevent President Trump from becoming president, and now it continues as a conspiracy to try and impeach him, while undermining his agenda to make America great again, and to drain the swamp. Only the Left-Liberals and the Deep State conspirators would call this a *theory* when it is an UGLY FACT.

So what is *cultic* about accepting the reality of what is going on in America, and the reality of the witch hunt that continues even though there is not an iota of truth to any Russian collusion on the side of Trump (rather it points to Russian collusion on the part of Obama and Hillary)?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So what is *cultic* about accepting the reality of what is going on in America,

If it distracts from preaching the gospel, from living as Christ like a life as possible then it is cultic.

All politics involves people working/scheming together to get their party/policies in power. No party is exempt.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

As has already been suggested, talk about Christianity/Jesus, ignore the politics. If it comes up ask how will it save one from sin? How does this quanon define 'good' or 'evil'? What does it say about Jesus?

Some people are drawn to conspriecy theories and see them every where.

By pointing to Jesus, the ultimate creator and sustainer of the universe there fantacies about mysteryious others being in control can be shown to be irrelevent as it is Jesus who is in charge.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All politics involves people working/scheming together to get their party/policies in power. No party is exempt.
And Christians are to be aware of what is happening around them also. The conspiracy against Trump is not conducive to a free country where there is freedom to preach the Gospel. Indeed the Left-Liberals are attacking free speech and Christianity as we speak.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
How did you arrive at this conclusion? While Wikipedia calls the identification of the Deep State and its enmity againt Donald Trump a *conspiracy theory*, the fact are all before us now. Peter Strzok -- a Deep State conspirator of the FBI -- has just been fired (finally).

It was indeed a Deep State conspiracy (from 2016 or earlier) to prevent President Trump from becoming president, and now it continues as a conspiracy to try and impeach him, while undermining his agenda to make America great again, and to drain the swamp. Only the Left-Liberals and the Deep State conspirators would call this a *theory* when it is an UGLY FACT.

So what is *cultic* about accepting the reality of what is going on in America, and the reality of the witch hunt that continues even though there is not an iota of truth to any Russian collusion on the side of Trump (rather it points to Russian collusion on the part of Obama and Hillary)?

Cults are either out to make a buck or to control the masses. Looks like Q is doing both, and the masses haven't even met the antichrist yet, 2 Thess 2:11, Rev 13:16-17.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ref=nb_sb...1&crid=3VU13O7IQEXRG&rh=i:aps,k:qanon+t+shirt

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ref=nb_sb...keywords=qanon+hoodie&rh=i:aps,k:qanon+hoodie

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ref=nb_sb...,161&crid=2CL3U2UU6TGJ0&rh=i:aps,k:qanon+mugs

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ref=nb_sb...field-keywords=qanon+hat&rh=i:aps,k:qanon+hat

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ref=nb_sb...ywords=qanon+sticker&rh=i:aps,k:qanon+sticker

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually Heb 13:8, I agree with Enoch on this thread. I'd never heard of QAnon before, so I clicked on your link and started reading. I thought, "??Hey... that's precisely what I believe, LoL." I've been holding to such views for decades now, however, so this new "classification" as if it were some new phenomenon is a little odd. But the thing is, it's old news to me now. So people devoted to serving Satan work behind the scenes of our government. So what? I couldn't care less now. God is in control, and if we get Satanists in the White House in the next few terms that's not going to change anything. Will it be harder on Christians in the US? Yes, but as Plato said, every country gets the government it deserves.

So it's not something to worry about for any truly God-centered Christian. I believe like Enoch does, and I do believe those are the types of things we should be made aware of so we know the political climate we are in, and what will be coming in the future, and how to handle things being tougher for believers and for the citizenry in general. But it's NOT such an important matter that it should ever make us take our eyes off of Jesus. Nothing is. So tell your friend that while he may be on track with understanding political realities a little better now (you need to acknowledge that to him or he likely will think you still have your eyes closed, and won't listen to you), he is getting things way out of balance if he only thinks about that sort of negativity all day long. It will depress him, and rightly so, because he will be breaking the commandment Paul taught in Philippians 4:8. Tell him to keep his eyes on Christ and what HE is doing even more so, because there is nothing they or anyone else can do without God allowing them to do it.

Blessings in Christ Jesus, whose Kingdom will be an eternal Kingdom.
Hidden

Reactions: brakelite and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If it distracts from preaching the gospel, from living as Christ like a life as possible then it is cultic.

Agree.
Forgetting conspiracies...I once was so convinced that God wanted us to eat clean..like the book back to Eden...all health stuff.

Even that became a distraction, obsession, cultic " for me".
So if Heb 13 is seeing his friend "worship" at the conspiracy Tree...I guess it does then become a cult, another god..."strange fire" for his friend.
Kind 'nudging' and much prayer is needed for Heb 13 's friend.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Hidden In Him Excellent post Chris...I agree all the way.
We were very "into" all this stuff in the 70's ...and like you...as I read the link I had "been there" before , long ago.

If Heb 13's friend is a God Chaser..then just as the Lord did with us...He will finally 'get through' to him that all this is good info...but we have a much higher calling... so , we 'know it' , and have long ago shelved it.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Actually Heb 13:8, I agree with Enoch on this thread. I'd never heard of QAnon before, so I clicked on your link and started reading. I thought, "??Hey... that's precisely what I believe, LoL." I've been holding to such views for decades now, however, so this new "classification" as if it were some new phenomenon is a little odd. But the thing is, it's old news to me now. So people devoted to serving Satan work behind the scenes of our government. So what? I couldn't care less now. God is in control, and if we get Satanists in the White House in the next few terms that's not going to change anything. Will it be harder on Christians in the US? Yes, but as Plato said, every country gets the government it deserves.

So it's not something to worry about for any truly God-centered Christian. I believe like Enoch does, and I do believe those are the types of things we should be made aware of so we know the political climate we are in, and what will be coming in the future, and how to handle things being tougher for believers and for the citizenry in general. But it's NOT such an important matter that it should ever make us take our eyes off of Jesus. Nothing is. So tell your friend that while he may be on track with understanding political realities a little better now (you need to acknowledge that to him or he likely will think you still have your eyes closed, and won't listen to you), he is getting things way out of balance if he only thinks about that sort of negativity all day long. It will depress him, and rightly so, because he will be breaking the commandment Paul taught in Philippians 4:8. Tell him to keep his eyes on Christ and what HE is doing even more so, because there is nothing they or anyone else can do without God allowing them to do it.

Blessings in Christ Jesus, whose Kingdom will be an eternal Kingdom.
Hidden

Thank you. Is the Christian monk living up in the hills and streams any more closer to God than one who is a "watchman"? God bless.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Is the Christian monk living up in the hills and streams any more closer to God than one who is a "watchman"? God bless.

Not sure how this relates precisely to the situation with you and your friend, but the Christian monk most certainly can be closer to God, yes. The one who abides in His presence continually is hearing from Him continually, and dwelling on things above, whereas the one constantly dwelling on the things of the earth may get caught up in dwelling on earthly things that trouble him. One will be concentrating on that which brings him peace and manifest that peace in his life, whereas the other will be concentrating on things that disturb his mind and heart, and will manifest anxiety and fears.

But there also needs to be a balance. There is such a thing as being so heavenly-minded that you are paying no attention to what is going on down here, and that is not God's will either. Learning about Hell is also troubling, yet it is something the Lord must not only teach us about but remind us about throughout the course of our lives on. So you meditate on whatever the Holy Spirit directs your mind to, but you never lose focus on Christ Jesus no matter what it is, or how troubling it might be. He has already gone through everything for those He loves and come through the other side victorious, and this is what He will redirect the eyes of your mind to see (Hebrews 12:1-2).

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you. Is the Christian monk living up in the hills and streams any more closer to God than one who is a "watchman"?
The answer is found in the lives of Jesus of Nazareth and His apostles. Monasticism and asceticism are NOT taught by Christ. Quite the opposite.

COLOSSIANS 2
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

22 Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men?

23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111 I am beginning to wonder the many not listening nor discerning about anything is because we are living in the latter days before He comes?

2 Timothy 4:1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

If it is to be that way with the churches, then it would be way worse for people in the world in relations to the media, the government, and the schools.

It makes me wonder if I am ready, but it goes to show how much I need even His help to keep trusting Him in being my Good Shepherd to keep me abiding in Him and to be willing to go when the Bridegroom comes.

Kristen Davis

Jul 27, 2018
Alpharetta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Question their motives or thought processes about their religion and see if they are accurately following their religion. If it is a cult then they will eventually have to realize that a cult is a permanent trap from God.