I have difficulty believing that souls will be damned to the Lake of Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not assumption, the direct experience.
What an illogical position and view of reality, "Nothing really exists unless one personally experiences it." So everything is an illusion until you have an experience? That makes reality subjective, meaning everyone's reality ( truth) is different, based on what they personally have experienced, therefore, there is no absolutes, which translates into "moral relativism". This is the liberals way of thinking. With this philosphy, one might reason that evil doesn't exist. "What's good for you is good for you, but not necessarily for me ..."
There are absolutes, God and His Word, that defines Who He is and Who we are, good and evil, sin and slavation, Heaven and the Lake of Fire.
With that, Happy New Year - which may be an illusion you untul you wake up tomorrow morning and at some point feel a sense of comfort, contentment, happiness and you smile.
I am well aware of and value the wonderful moments that we experience each day. In them, we get a glimpse of heaven; but also moments that are a glimpse of torment and darkness. We hope for the future and our faith carries us to the next day to run the race and finish.
Jesus is the Author of our faith and so all our lives are composed of this reality, that He created, that existed in His mind before the foundation of the world.

Last edited:

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an illogical position and view of reality, "Nothing really exists unless one personally experiences it."
Yeah, that doesn’t make much sense, but that’s not what’s being said at all.
Using quotations that way is deceptive.
That’s projecting beliefs onto what’s being said. It’s a mental defense of the individual.
What’s being said is the last thing the individual would ever care to hear.

What’s being said is you weren’t born, you’re assuming you were.
There nothing wrong with assuming or believing.
But every occurrence of, is felt, directly.

So everything is an illusion until you have an experience?
Of course not, that’s ridiculous. All experience is apparent. That there is an individual is illusory. An illusion of believing thoughts & assuming, without ever questioning & inspecting what’s actually true.

Consider a simple experience like eating a strawberry. The thought of the taste isn’t the direct experience of the taste… it’s the direct experience of the thought.

That majes reality subjective, meaning everyone's reality ( truth) is different, based onnehat they persinally have experienced and there are no absolutes, which translates as moral relativism.
Logical, illogical, subjective, objective, meaning, everyone, difference, moral relativism, etc… these are conceptualizations of the truth.

The truth is absolute, and never comes & goes, is never born, and never dies.

Absolute is unchanging under any and all situations & circumstances. It’s what Jesus spoke of.
Apparently.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s being said is you weren’t born, you’re assuming you were.
There nothing wrong with assuming or believing.
But every occurrence of, is felt, directly
I directly experienced birth, I cried when the doctor slapped my ass and then then cried when I was hungry and went for my Mom's breast, I just don't remember the moment. My Mom told me about it, and I believe her. As the Bible tells us about things that happened, we believe. We don't have to experience them to believe.
Absolute is unchanging under any and all situations & circumstances. It’s what Jesus spoke of.
And so it is the truth, whether we experience it or not. I believe on Jesus and every word in the Bible as the truth!
I don't project any of your ideas and implications that truth can only be experienced, you do. You have your own views about reality that are not based on Christianity.
Stick as close to scripture, comment on scripture but don't try push your understanding of reality on anyone. It sounds like I'm talking to a Yogi in a Ashram in India, who is trying to enlighten us about reality. I am not buying your brew ... doesn't taste good. Or should I say, my communications with you are not beneficial or fruitful and therefore must end them. BYE.

Last edited:

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald David Bruno
You’re obviously free to assume & believe whatever you like.
I’m just pointing out none of the assumptions or beliefs are the truth, and that there is absolute truth yet to be discovered.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Just try to notice, make some effort if you will... That you deflect & project over & over.

You ignore what’s being said… and start talking about Me! Lol!

It’s like you don’t even know Me!!!

I AM!
You think you are the ehyeh asher ehyeh, or something?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I love scriptural responses so thank you! With that said, I still have difficulty believing that our loving and merciful creator would send anyone to an eternity of suffering.
you might contemplate the original meaning of the term that we derive our word "eternal" from;
aion; a space of time, an age
aidios was the Greek term for "forever." is? was? dunno

also, most of the instances of the (bad) translation "hel" have been derived from Gehenna, right?
only see, Gehenna is on earth, so poor analogy at the very least?
surely our Norse/Angle scribes just had no better term to use, and were not meaning to be deceitful

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incorrect

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
A carnal mind is like a unicorn. There is the thought that there is the thing, yet when you try to point to it, it is soon realized there isn’t that thing. Likewise, ‘incorrect’.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh Lololol!

Johann: Rom 8:7 the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Phil: Incorrect!

You couldn’t make this up if you tried…

Im going to watch a movie or something. I can’t pay attention when everything is so absurd I can’t stop laughing!

Reactions: amigo de christo

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh Lololol!

Johann: Rom 8:7 the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Im going to watch a movie or something. I can’t pay attention when everything is so absurd I can’t stop laughing!
Are you claiming to actually have seen a thing, ‘the carnal mind’?

Like one claiming to have actually seen a unicorn, one is simply making it up.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh Lololol!

Christian morocco

Feb 17, 2013
Rabat
www.kanisamaghrebia.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Morocco
You need to read the verse in the context, the context is speaking about people who are from God, Hitler and others are not from God.
1 John 4:7 :
5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.​
6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.​
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.​
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.​
9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.​

Reactions: Dropship

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to read the verse in the context, the context is speaking about people who are from God, Hitler and others are not from God.

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.
-Adolf Hitler

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity. Our movement is Christian.
-Adolf Hitler

Christianity is not a religion for the masses, let alone for all. Cultivated by few and translated into deeds, it is one of the most splendid blossoms that can grow in the soul of a good man.
-Joseph Goebbels

I have not tolerated an atheist in the ranks of the SS. Every member has a deep faith in God, in what my ancestors called in their language Waralda, the ancient one, the one who is mightier than we are.
-Heinrich Himmler

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.
-Adolf Hitler

We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity. Our movement is Christian.
-Adolf Hitler

Christianity is not a religion for the masses, let alone for all. Cultivated by few and translated into deeds, it is one of the most splendid blossoms that can grow in the soul of a good man.
-Joseph Goebbels

I have not tolerated an atheist in the ranks of the SS. Every member has a deep faith in God, in what my ancestors called in their language Waralda, the ancient one, the one who is mightier than we are.
-Heinrich Himmler
Makes you sick to read those statements, doesnt it....? This goes to show you that people can claim to be “Christians” but in reality manifest the opposite traits completely!
These are the “weeds” sown by the devil. The Catholic Church supported Hitler and his regime, genuine Christians never did.

Reactions: Adam

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
A carnal mind is like a unicorn. There is the thought that there is the thing, yet when you try to point to it, it is soon realized there isn’t that thing. Likewise, ‘incorrect’.
Looks like we have some old, very old, mummified stale, aching and dull "Christians."