I really feel like God is holding me under the waves, to escape the (dragon's) fire - please pray I have enough oxygen to still serve the Lord (!)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there!

So basically, I keep reaching a point where I realise "no, God did not want me to just have faith; if I had: I wouldn't have produced the fruit He wanted" I am sort of the lever between God and the world, but I can't function as the lever, if I have been burned - so God puts me under water. I mean I suppose (I'm thinking of this, just now) God knows how long He can keep me under; I just pray I have enough oxygen to last (I have asthma, by the way, so the notion of suffocation is not new to me). At some point, I will have had the faith I need, I just wonder how I am going to recognise what God wants, once I have escaped the Dragon. Hope received, makes the heart strong - that's really what I am asking for: what sort of hope do you need, when you are drowning?

It might be madness, actually. I might be imagining dragons are coming. I might be holding my breath to get something out of God. It's just so topsy-turvy. What warning did I get, that God was about to drown me? I don't know! I know all things work together for good, for those that love the Lord. I feel like my love will be there, once I reach the surface the right way. I don't hate God for putting me under. I don't hate God that it might just be madness or something else. What is the Holy Spirit telling you, as you read this? What sort of prayer, does this person need?

I won't trouble you too long. There are plenty of people that just need simple prayers. I'm not sure what the Holy Spirit is leading into, but I know He is determined to reveal it! God bless you many ways.

God bless.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there!

So basically, I keep reaching a point where I realise "no, God did not want me to just have faith; if I had: I wouldn't have produced the fruit He wanted" I am sort of the lever between God and the world, but I can't function as the lever, if I have been burned - so God puts me under water. I mean I suppose (I'm thinking of this, just now) God knows how long He can keep me under; I just pray I have enough oxygen to last (I have asthma, by the way, so the notion of suffocation is not new to me). At some point, I will have had the faith I need, I just wonder how I am going to recognise what God wants, once I have escaped the Dragon. Hope received, makes the heart strong - that's really what I am asking for: what sort of hope do you need, when you are drowning?

It might be madness, actually. I might be imagining dragons are coming. I might be holding my breath to get something out of God. It's just so topsy-turvy. What warning did I get, that God was about to drown me? I don't know! I know all things work together for good, for those that love the Lord. I feel like my love will be there, once I reach the surface the right way. I don't hate God for putting me under. I don't hate God that it might just be madness or something else. What is the Holy Spirit telling you, as you read this? What sort of prayer, does this person need?

I won't trouble you too long. There are plenty of people that just need simple prayers. I'm not sure what the Holy Spirit is leading into, but I know He is determined to reveal it! God bless you many ways.

God bless.
Proverbs 13:12
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

My prayer for you @Gottservant is that God will give you breath to stir up the Spirit that is in you, and that His plan for you will come to your knowledge and bring you peace and direction, and JOY!
God be with you always!

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant