I witnessed someone speaking in tongues today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is exactly what Scripture declared per the Pharisees. If the Rabbi of today is the same Pharisee of old then he too will believe the same and will be in danger of eternal damnation.

But normally, you will not find anyone today who will say that the power of Jesus was attributed to Satan. The Unpardonable Sin was unique only to the Pharisees!!

BTW, I did NOT write Matthew 12:31-32 or Mark 3:28-30. They were written by Matthew and Mark under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit almost two thousand years ago.

Now I am truly convinced why you are indeed lost. I’m not surprised as you tend to philosophy, and can’t comprehend, nor trust and obey Scripture, which is the source of truth, for that is the character of natural man!

To God Be The Glory
Abba Father I pray for @Jun2u's salvation: I ask you to convict him of sin and righteousness and judgment and to draw him to Christ. Be knocking on the door of his heart, Lord; and show him his need of a Saviour: reveal to him the nature of his sin so that he can truly repent.

Of course, Lord, if he has committed the unpardonable sin, then you tell me not to pray for the sin that is unto death. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and let you be the judge of whether he has done so or not. In Jesus' Name.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures do not teach that the unpardonable sin is unique to the position of Pharisee.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abba Father I pray for @Jun2u's salvation: I ask you to convict him of sin and righteousness and judgment and to draw him to Christ. Be knocking on the door of his heart, Lord; and show him his need of a Saviour: reveal to him the nature of his sin so that he can truly repent.
Firstly, God does not listen to a prayer of an unsaved person.

Of course, Lord, if he has committed the unpardonable sin,

Secondly, I can’t and will never commit the unpardonable sin for I am confident Jesus’ power is not attributed to Satan but to the Holy Spirit.

then you tell me not to pray for the sin that is unto death.

Ultimately, all sins is unto death!! “The wages of sin (singular) is death”

To God Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures do not teach that the unpardonable sin is unique to the position of Pharisee.
This is the reason you DO NOT comprehend Scripture!!

Do you know anyone today who claims Jesus’ power is attributed to Satan except for the Pharisees of old? That’s right… NONE

To God Be The Glory

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, God does not listen to a prayer of an unsaved person.
Then if you are right about me not being saved, I'm afraid you are out of luck.

My prayer for you might have been the only thing from God's perspective that might lead Him to arbitrarily elect you.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My gift of tongues indicates to me that I do indeed have the gift of the Holy Ghost; and I know therefore that I am saved.

What about you?

On what basis do you think that you're saved?

@Jun2u

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jun2u said
Do you know anyone today who claims Jesus’ power is attributed to Satan except for the Pharisees of old?

People who claim that tongues are of the devil.
That statement is true.

“Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not” 1 Corinthians 14:22.

“For there shall arise, false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect” Matthew 24:24.

To God Be The Glory

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for admitting to the truth, that those who claim that tongues are of the devil are blaspheming the Holy Ghost.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is true and faithful; but you do not receive what I say because you are not of God (John 15:20; 1 John 4:4-6). For I know that I have the Holy Ghost; His Spirit bears witness with my spirit that it is so. Therefore, based on the verses in question, I judge righteously, that you are not of the Lord.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for admitting to the truth, that those who claim that tongues are of the devil are blaspheming the Holy Ghost.
You don’t get it do you? I was responding to your incorrect answer to my question in post #186.

My question was NOT about tongues rather about the Pharisees attributing Jesus’ power to Satan.

Read my question and your incorrect answer again!! What you do is twist things around which you are good at, and then gloat.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t get it do you? I was responding to your incorrect answer to my question in post #186.

My question was NOT about tongues rather about the Pharisees attributing Jesus’ power to Satan.

Read my question and your incorrect answer again!! What you do is twist things around which you are good at, and then gloat.

To God Be The Glory
I suppose that we are all born in total depravity and therefore sinners: and therefore when we deal with other people, we ought not to give them the benefit of the doubt but to think the worst about them.

My answer also was not incorrect. The unpardonable sin is not limited to the Pharisees; and neither has every Pharisee committed the unpardonable sin. Paul the apostle was a Pharisee before accepting Christ; if he had committed the unpardonable sin he would have been unable to do so.

Also, you are not the director of this conversation. I was the one saying that those who say that tongues are of the devil are committing the unpardonable sin. You want the conversation to be only about your contention that the unpardonable sin is limited to the Pharisees. But a case cannot even be made for that idea in scripture.

D

Dave L

My gift of tongues indicates to me that I do indeed have the gift of the Holy Ghost; and I know therefore that I am saved.

What about you?

On what basis do you think that you're saved?

@Jun2u
In the first century, those who spoke in tongues knew what they were saying. You do not have the gift by any stretch.