If everyone agreed, there wouldn't be much point to a forum - Agree, or disagree? - LOL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I wonder if OSAS is the religion of LGBTQ? LO

People are not going to agree even on the concept of one church.

Wrong summation...Grailhunter

Listen..

It does not matter what a "denomination" (your idea of the definition of "church"....... it does not matter what THAT teaches.

Why?
Because there are no denominations in Heaven...
See, "denominations are man made".
Whereas CHRISTianity, is GOD MADE.

see the difference?
its a big one.

Should you go to Church?
Of course, but with understanding and discernment., and never with your eyes wide shut.

See, The born again, are not a follower of a church... denomination, or cult, or any of this..

We are given instructions to get our Doctrine, our core understanding of church doctrine = from Paul.
A room with a Pastor or Bishop or similar in it, or a Seminary....... if they do not explain that to you, if they do not TEACH YOU THAT, then get out of it, as they are not in line with the NT understanding of Church Doctrine and will teach you THEIR doctrine, @100%

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong summation...Grailhunter

Listen..

It does not matter what a "denomination" (your idea of the definition of "church"....... it does not matter what THAT teaches.

Why?
Because there are no denominations in Heaven...
See, "denominations are man made".
Whereas CHRISTianity, is GOD MADE.

see the difference?
its a big one.

Should you go to Church?
Of course, but with understanding and discernment., and never with your eyes wide shut.

See, The born again, are not a follower of a church... denomination, or cult, or any of this..

We are given instructions to get our Doctrine, our core understanding of church doctrine = from Paul.
A room with a Pastor or Bishop or similar in it, or a Seminary....... if they do not explain that to you, if they do not TEACH YOU THAT, then get out of it, as they are not in line with the NT understanding of Church Doctrine and will teach you THEIR doctrine, @100%
Denominations is what they call them today, not that they agree on that....even the word religion. Everyone would like to claim to be a follower of Christ...denominations, religions, people....It has not worked so far.
A Pauline church? I am not sure about that. You might consider the rest of the New Testament.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Denominations is what they call them today, not that they agree on that....even the word religion. Everyone would like to claim to be a follower of Christ...denominations, religions, people....It has not worked so far.
A Pauline church? I am not sure about that. You might consider the rest of the New Testament.

You might consider that Paul is the Theologian that you are to study, as its His Doctrine that is THE Church Doctrine.

This is why Paul told you..

"Be a follower of me, as i follow Christ"..

Not a worshiper, but with the understanding that Jesus has put this Apostle, "in the time of the Gentiles" as the "Apostle to the Gentiles" and its HIS Epistles that are the church Doctrine that you have to study, to "show yourself approved to God."
That's his verse, by the way.

Also, its PETER who had Paul's letters, and said that Paul's letters are equal to the TORAH.

The NT has proven that Peter was correct, as Paul's epistles are the Church Doctrine.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think in any type of forum you will have disagreements.

We should look to try to see why these disagreements are happening. Maybe we can learn something and be open to the fact we may be wrong in what we were taught or believe.

where the issue comes in is you have some who do not really want to discuss. they want to push their view. and then they attack everyone who does not agree with them. when this happens, the discussion is lost. and the church looks like the world sees it. as hypocritical, hateful people.

its sad really
It is normative.
J.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might consider that Paul is the Theologian that you are to study, as its His Doctrine that is THE Church Doctrine.

This is why Paul told you..

"Be a follower of me, as i follow Christ"..

Not a worshiper, but with the understanding that Jesus has put this Apostle, "in the time of the Gentiles" as the "Apostle to the Gentiles" and its HIS Epistles that are the church Doctrine that you have to study, to "show yourself approved to God."
That's his verse, by the way.

Also, its PETER who had Paul's letters, and said that Paul's letters are equal to the TORAH.

The NT has proven that Peter was correct, as Paul's epistles are the Church Doctrine.
So?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just think that it is possible where we have been given the assortment of beliefs that we all feel so strongly about...
I see it as specialties, like in medical practices.
Different denominations and groups are called to specialize in different areas.
Too bad we can't work together in cooperation. Instead of all this tribal infighting.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad we can't work together in cooperation. Instead of all this tribal infighting.
Double edged sword since the debates are what keeps it going and if we all agreed there wouldn't be much to discuss on a forum.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agree

however in all the denominations. there are three basic gospels.. Only one gospel saves. so there are alot of churches leading people the wrong way

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think denominationalism needs to stop...dividing over various doctrines and practices. It's the tower of Babel.

But true Christianity has yet to be tried with any seriousness. People quibble over the best way to avoid the truth while still calling oneself a Christian. There are many creative ways to avoid the cross. :rolleyes:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Double edged sword since the debates are what keeps it going and if we all agreed there wouldn't be much to discuss on a forum.
You have a point, but...

What if it was about edifying and helping each other instead of about fighting and disagreement?
The differences as an asset rather than a liability.

Reactions: ChristisGod

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think denominationalism needs to stop...dividing over various doctrines and practices. It's the tower of Babel.
@ChristisGod mentioned a double edged sword.

But true Christianity has yet to be tried with any seriousness. People quibble over the best way to avoid the truth while still calling oneself a Christian. There are many creative ways to avoid the cross. :rolleyes:
Here's the tough question:
Would you be willing to surrender your own beliefs in the cause of doctrinal unity?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Would you be willing to surrender your own beliefs in the cause of doctrinal unity?

I gave up on my human beliefs. I allowed the Spirit to teach me over time and a lot of suffering....and getting things exactly wrong.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrinal unity? It was not even possible in the biblical era.
Obviously doctrinal division is not the answer either.
30,000 plus denominations attempting to define their own doctrines and in any church the beliefs in the pews are different than the official doctrines of any one denomination.
It is a better choice to unite Christianity on the basics of Christianity and let the details as long as they are moral be a personal choice.....LOL....Because that is they way it is anyway.
Number 11 of the stress that preachers are under.....a united church LOL.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not on the essentials. Those are non negotiable.

In the essentials unity, in the non essentials liberty and in all things charity.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

NO

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To find truth at all cost, is what is sought for myself. Even if others disagree: being at peace with all men is possible through abiding in Christ, if the spirit of God whom raised Yeshua Christ raised in him from the dead lives in you. Not to say that our flesh does not flare up from time to time, it does become dampend when one continuously abides and carries around the body of Christ in their mind and heart, drinking his blood and eating his flesh.

Last edited: