If Jesus was the One who took away sins from the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can keep saying that but I don't personally buy it, @Earburner. Some see it as symbolic and that is okay.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Earburner, my question to you is, are we still waiting on the Lord to come back and set-up a "material" kingdom on earth again?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another simple question to ask to the public in general.

Though this topic is about Jesus Christ, taking away the sins of the world, in which God has reconciled his creation back unto himself, because of the price of sin along with the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Which was God working in and through Christ by the Holy Spirit. The very living Word of God was sent, and made in flesh, born under the law, and born from the linage of David, which the Lord Jesus Christ was the messiah would would save the world from its sins.

Jesus trained up Apostles, and the Apostles were the one over the Church of Christ while it was on the earth - through believers, who lived in certain areas around the region(s) of Israel. From what I recall, Jesus had told his apostles to go to the houses of Israel but before they got to ever town the Son of man would return. The Apostles also passed on the message, and in Revelation things become very tight... to say the least. The reason is because it is an Letter written to 7 Churches who were in the Asia Minor region, by Apostle Paul which was revelation coming from God by and through the Lord Jesus Christ which was was a revealing of things to come, quickly, and soon.

Because of these things, it would be logical to realize that the Bible is a very Jewish book, it was never written for us. None of the Letters were written to you personally. None of it ever says - And the believer Matthew who is Alabama. Every letter has a specific greeting and they were to a people of that time which Jesus had walked among from the generation he once stood in saying to John, Peter, Andrew, and (I forget the other person who was there), that this generation shall not pass away until these things happen.

Therefore, my question would be simply this, with knowing that Jesus Christ was the one to come, and he trained disciples - his apostles who had to keep the church together as the gospel had progressed to the end of the world that they knew personally from all the cities, towns, they had traveled back and forth from and to, along with Paul who had reached out to the Gentile nations. Which eventually the end would come. The end of what? The End of the Material based religion that once was in first century, which was followed with the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

If they had to govern over this Church which I call the Bride of Christ which Christ would marry and take away from the wrath of God that would pour out on the nation of Israel for having killed his son.

Where is a perfect, blameless, church at today?

Ephesians 5

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her

26 to sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

27 and to present her to Himself as a glorious church, without stain or wrinkle or any such blemish, but holy and blameless. < <

28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

29 Indeed, no one ever hated his own body, but he nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church.

30 For we are members of His body.d

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Earburner, my question to you is, are we still waiting on the Lord to come back and set-up a "material" kingdom on earth again?
Absolutely NOT!!
By now, you should be seeing how much we have in common for understanding. Maybe not exactly, but close enough to discuss, if we stay open minded.
If you want to close that door, which in your last post it looks like you are, don't worry, I am checking in on what you say every so often.:)

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely NOT!!
By now, you should be seeing how much we have in common for understanding. Maybe not exactly, but close enough to discuss, if we stay open minded.
If you want to close that door, which in your last post it looks like you are, don't worry, I am checking in on what you say every so often.:)

I believe we probably do, as you mentioned about that 70 weeks being (of years) because that is something that was taught to me. There are similarities between our beliefs though I may not fully understand what it is you believe personally about certain things. It's a good thing you also say Absolutely NOT!!!, because that is true. The hope of the Christian is to be with God in the heavenly realm, so much far better and different than here. Whether or not a person is in the kingdom or God. God has a purpose, a plan, he is good, he is love, just and everything else. It is truly amazing from what John describes in Revelation 21-22, which I believe a pictures and types from us to learn from. So many people still believe people are going to hell, and going to be suffering in flames in real bodies.

The thing about that is no flesh exists in the spiritual atmosphere where God resides, for he is Spirit. If he is spirit, then all after death will become resurrected spiritual beings because of the Lord Jesus Christ which can give us rest for knowing where loved ones go, whether they believed or not. They are resurrected and still are with-in the Heavenly Realm (from my belief). This would give people something to do which we were created to do anyway. All of us born into this world, were created to do something no matter what it may be if one is capable. People being outside the Kingdom, it would be good if God lets us go out there to help others! Perhaps lost loved ones, or friends or old enemies.

Most still are in the complete dark of the victory of the Lord Jesus Christ because they believe that Satan has not been done away with, they believe that the world is going to hell in a hand basket because of the f**ked up stuff people do. Not realizing that God through Jesus Christ (paying for the sins of the world) as the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. The Sin of all people has be covered.

All that is left to do is start believing, and start following after in faith in trusting that God does help and provide for you every day, giving praise, thanks, with praying, and to love God first, and to love others as yourself.

Do appreciate you coming back and checking in sometimes.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
v27 does say only a remnant Of Israel shall be saved, according to Isaiah.
v 26 though is about the gentile nations.
Romans 9:26-28
New King James Version

26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.”

27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel:

“Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea,
The remnant will be saved.

28 For He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness,
Because the Lord will make a short work upon the earth.”
That remnant (symbolic 144 000) CAME out of OC. Israel!! They are seen in Revelation 6:9-11.
They are they who had faith in the Messiah to come. Simeon in Luke 2:25-35 was one of them.
All Jews being saved since Pentecost, are of the Great Multitude.
Why do I say that? Because under the NC in Christ, there is no difference between Jew or Gentile.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul the Apostle is writing to the church only, not the unbelieving world, and Paul is describing our salvation in Christ, how this came to be as explanation, and also as an encouragement, and an eternal consolation.

Such people chosen in Him from the beginning, will also trust themselves to the Lord Jesus after they hear the gospel to be sealed until the Day of redemption, that will be the choice they will make, God's grace is irresistible at the time of God's choosing for them do that.
Really the point is God first chooses us before time began to be His people, a part of His family, then at the appropriate time in our life, we trust ourselves to Christ and only then are we sealed for salvation.

Ephesians 1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Redemption in Christ
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
And of forgiveness?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And of forgiveness?
Acts 10:43
To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

A New Covenant
Hebrews 8

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Reactions: Earburner

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 10:43
To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

A New Covenant
Hebrews 8

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Any verse with the word forgiveness?