If Jesus was the Son of God before he became man...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
on POINT, the one true God revealed himself in flesh and "talked" to us, and dwelt amoung us. that's why Thomas said, "My Lord, "God as a man), and my God the Spirit in that man.

yes it's incredible to us, but as the scriptures, states, Matthew 19:26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

You better hope all things are possible to save you from your wretched bastardization of the words of our Lord. Otherwise known as "The unforgivable sin".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@janc3, It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that “deliver”, or saves. It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that forgives. It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that have mercy. It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that redeems. Are we getting the picture?

amd that "POWER" is Christ himself, almighty GOD, scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

see, his "OWN" arm is him.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The right hand, the right hand! The power! It is symbolic!

Give me a break - and quit making up nonsense in order to try and make scripture fit into your perspective.

19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

There is nothing vague .. nor complex .. and certainly nothing suggesting that Jesus is God. To the contrary it plainly states that Jesus is not God.

The Author of Mark did not believe Jesus was God - or did the disciples - nor did the early Church Fathers for that matter - so there is no way the author of this passage would have meant what you are claiming.

Shall we search through Mark for other clues ? "My God My God - why have you forsaken me" Did God - while hanging on the cross in some masochistic bliss - for get who he was and start calling out for himself ? and think that some other God has forsaken him.. Who is the God of God ?

When Jesus prays to God "Take this cup from my hand" - who is he praying to .. himself ? ..and why would he request permission from himself . Clearly the author of Mark did not have the same perspective you do.

The author of Matt - writing some 20-30 years later - does not share your perspective either .. Matt 24: 36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Why are you so desperate to ignore the Gospel of Mark and Matt ?

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@janc3, It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that “deliver”, or saves. It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that forgives. It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that have mercy. It is the “Arm”, “Hand” of God that redeems. Are we getting the picture?

amd that "POWER" is Christ himself, almighty GOD, scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

PICJAG

The idea that the Jews who wrote Isaiah believed that God would come down to earth in Person as the "Messiah" - the anointed one - is preposterous nonsense on steroids .. Full Stop. Absolutely Absurd.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct, the right hand, or right ARM, it's an anthropomorphism.

PICJAG

No its not .. nowhere in Mark is the idea that Jesus is God-"The Father. The "right hand" of the Father means - on the right side of the Father.
Not complicated - but, if you do think you have a case .. support with Biblical Scholarship.

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My hand has founded the earth and my right hand has stretched out the heavens; I speak - all of them stand there.

Through whom was everything created? Through the son! The son is the right hand!
Who came from heaven to earth and became man? The right hand! The right hand is the son!
What is the right hand? The power! The power ist the son!

The Right Hand of God went back where He came from! To the right hand of God!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and to see Jesus as this Right hand or POWER,
1 Corinthians 1:22 "For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:"
1 Corinthians 1:23 "But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"
1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."
1 Corinthians 1:25 "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

the "POWER" of God is himself, JESUS, who is Spirit.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

PICJAG

Do you not know who the anointed one of Isaiah was ? - the Christ - the Messiah ?

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and to see Jesus as this Right hand or POWER,
1 Corinthians 1:22 "For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:"
1 Corinthians 1:23 "But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"
1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."
1 Corinthians 1:25 "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

the "POWER" of God is himself, JESUS, who is Spirit.

PICJAG

None of the above supports your claim that Jesus is God - where are you getting this nonsense from . Christ was the emissary between Man and God .. "The Logos"

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My hand has founded the earth and my right hand has stretched out the heavens; I speak - all of them stand there.

Through whom was everything created? Through the son! The son is the right hand!
Who came from heaven to earth and became man? The right hand! The right hand is the son!

Yes .. God has a right hand and he uses it . Stating that someone sit's at the right hand of God is not stating that Jesus is God. You are making up nonsense and pretending it to be true.

When God says Mark 1 .. "This is my son whom I love .. and I am pleased with you" God is not saying ... This is me and I love myself and I am pleased with myself.

Why are you so desperate to ignore the words of God ?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then why does the Bible say that he became the Son of God only when he became man?

The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you; THEREFORE also the Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

For the reason that he became a man he was called the Son of God, the Bible says so. There was no Son of God before that, that is why it is never mentioned in the Old Testament, because the Son of God was and is the Spirit of God who became flesh.

That's not true, Angels are said to be Sons of God, Adam the first man God created was a Son of God

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus, the Son, whom you say hand, "founded the earth and my right hand has stretched out the heavens" that's God own hand/ARM. listen, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

lets see who, is God's OWN ARM.

Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?"Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

now janc3, here in Isaiah 53 is this not Jesus whom you call the Son?

did not God say in Isaiah 63:5, "therefore mine own arm " question janc3 is your "own" arm you, or someone else?

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not true, Angels are said to be Sons of God, Adam the first man God created was a Son of God

No they are not .. Angels are not the "Son's of God" ... that is a desperate attempt by Religious Scholars and copyists in the past to bury the Truth.

Biblical Scholarship today - recognizes the fact that the Israelite's were not monotheists. http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/DT32BibSac.pdf

Go to Page 7 to read how Deuteronomy 32:43 is supposed to read !

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus, the Son, whom you say hand, "founded the earth and my right hand has stretched out the heavens" that's God own hand/ARM. listen, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?"Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him."Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

did not God say in Isaiah 63:5, "therefore mine own arm " question janc3 is your "own" arm you, or someone else?

PICJAG
God is spirit, God's spirit is power, God's spirit is his right hand, God himself is the power and the spirit.

and the spirit of God hovered over the waters and said: Let there be! Through the right hand of God was everything created

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, the bible never calls angels "sons".

if so post your scripture.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

PICJAG

Why are you posting from Isaiah - in some desperate attempt to justify your Trinity believes. This is Jewish Scripture - and the Jews do not even believe Jesus was the Messiah .. never mind "God The Father"

The "anointed one" - the Christ - the Messiah - of Isaiah is Cyrus the Great.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is spirit, God's spirit is power, God's spirit is his right hand, God himself is the power and the spirit.

and the spirit of God hovered over the waters and said: Let there be! Through the right hand of God was everything created
That's JESUS. from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 that's all Jesus.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Including the son.

Only one time in the NT gospels do we hear from God directly. Mark 1 - at the baptism of Jesus. What does God tell us in this one and only time he speaks ? That Jesus is not God.

After being anointed "Son of God" - what happens in the story ? Jesus undergoes the ritual trial/testing in the desert.

Does Satan think Jesus is God ? Hell no "pardon the pun" Satan would not be stupid enough to ask God to bow down and worship him. Satan would not be stupid enough to offer God the whole world.

This is because Satan is also one of God's son's - one who does not go against the will of his Father .. as told to us in Job.

What is more ridiculous is thinking that Mark - in writing this - believed that Jesus was God.